Chapter 8

The story of us.

Jong kook shook Jihyo softly once he had parked his car. “Baby, hey… Do I need to carry you?”

Jihyo, still sleepy, just shook her head and stretched. “Are we here already? Do you need to go to the studio?”

“No. I’ll just stay with you for a while before I get back. I want to spend some time with you.” He answered and gave a kiss on her forehead.

“Hurm… I could really get use to this. Hehehe.”

They walked out of the car and all the way up to Jihyo’s house, discreetly in case someone spotted them. Once Jihyo opened the door, she gave a comical bow welcoming him into the house. Jong kook walked in, taking in everything as if it was his first time there. Seeing him walking in slowly, Jihyo’s sneaky hands slide around his hips and she buried her face into his back, taking in his smell.

With a huge sigh of relief he released a long sigh and placed his hands on top of hers. Jong kook closed his eyes and stayed rooted to the ground. It was different, and it confused Jihyo. What was it that disturbed his thoughts? Jihyo kissed his back and tip toed. Reaching his ears, she softly whispered to him.

“Oppa, are you okay?”

“Mwuh? Of course I’m ok. It’s just… I’m the luckiest man in the world.”

Jihyo couldn’t help it but smile shyly at him. How could anyone resist him when he is sincere and charming all at the same time? Jong kook took her hands and pulled her onto her couch. There they just sat down and talked, giggled and it looked as if nothing wrong could ever happen. An hour later, Jong kook’s phone started ringing.

“Hehe. That’ll be Gap Jin oppa asking you to go back to the studio. “

“Owh, then I should ignore his call, then. Cause I have a beautiful princess to entertain.”

“Yaaaaa~. Oppa. Pick it up!”

“All right. Calm down! Owh. Gap Jin ah… Wae? Ok. I’ll be there in half an hour.”

Lips pouting, he looked back at Jihyo.  Jihyo took her cushions and threw it at Jong kook’s face and then lying on her back laughing. Jong kook’s hand captured hers and brought them together. He was lying on top of her.

“Oppa….” Jihyo managed a whisper.

“What? You started it. Don’t blame me for whatever is coming next.”

 “You have a schedule in half an hour. It’s not right to keep people waiting.”

“Exactly. It’s not right to keep me waiting.” Jong kook emphasised on the word me. Jihyo shut her eyes tight. She tried to squirm her way out but he was too heavy. All she knew was that she could not get out of whatever is coming her way. She waited. Eyes still closed, Jihyo strained her ears to listen for movements.  What is he going to do?

And a loud laugh filled the room. Jong kook rolled to his side, squeezing between what little space the couch could offer so he could remove himself from Jihyo. Jihyo sat up and look embarrassingly at the man who was still laughing beside her. She took the cushions once more and threw it at him before getting up and moving to the kitchen.

Jong kook followed suit. He stood by the small dining table just by the kitchen and continued watching her. People always said that she was stiff, not flexible and rough. Looking at her now, she seemed, different. With easy grace Jihyo moved around her kitchen, grabbing a chopping board and a knife and fruits out. Sensing that Jong Kook is watching her, Jihyo smirked and talked to him with her back facing him.

“Enjoying what you see?”

“Mwuh? Hahahaha! Of course! How can I not like seeing my princess? Jihyo ah. I’m going out, you don’t have to prepare anything.”

“Who said I’m preparing anything for you? These are for me. If you continue to stay there, you are going to be late. You told Gap Jin half an hour. “

“!” Jong kook picked up his keys on the table after glancing at the clock. He quickly went to Jihyo and gave a peck on her cheeks while back hugging her.

“I’ll text you tonight. Don’t need to follow me out. I’ll lock the door.  Love you, baby. “

He walked out leaving Jihyo cutting the fruits and smiling.

Night came soon enough and Jihyo is pouring herself in her script. 32 episodes in total and so far, they had only done the script reading. On top of that she still had entertainment weekly. A frown formed on her face.

Will I be able to have the time to do everything? My schedule doesn’t look that bad before. What happened?

Jihyo shook off her worrisome feelings knowing that her manager Minhee would not bring harm to her. In fact, they had discussed on how the schedule would be. It’s just that, now that running man had become popular, they had to shoot a few episodes beforehand and in case of any disruptions and emergencies.

Highlighter in one hand, Jihyo highlighted her line making notes on her scripts on where she would have to put emphasis on her words. She was going through her 4th episode script since they are shooting the first 4 episodes in two days’ time. She had a few more pages but her eyes were heavy.

This looks like my line…. I better highlight it.

Her eyes closed briefly.

Ah! No….. No. That’s not mine. Thank God I …. didn’t highlight it. Now what’s… next…

And her head landed on the table.

Jong kook was just over the moon. He was able to finish one song that day at the studio. Glancing at his phone, he realised that it was just over 10 p.m. He had promised to call Jihyo and so, he moved to a spot where nobody was there and called her.

There was no answer.

Don’t tell me she’s asleep already. Shouldn’t she be waiting for my call?

He tried a few more times but there is still no answer. Gap Jin walked in approached Jong kook.

“Hyung! There’s a photo shoot tomorrow in town at noon. Sleep early tonight.”

“Aish… It’s you who should be sleeping early. I always take care of my body.”

“I know that, but lately you’ve been missing from home. And looking at how you’ve been on the phone this whole time…  Looks like you’re going out again.”

“Gap Jin-ah. Don’t worry about me. I’ll be fine. And you’re right. I’ll be going out for a while. I’ll be back though. We’re done here right?”

Gap Jin nodded and Jong Kook flashed his megawatt smile at him. The result of that smile is Gap Jin retreating back looking revolted at Jong kook and Jong Kook laughing at his manager and also his best friend. He grabbed his belongings and headed where his heart told him to go.

The doorbell rang a couple of times before Jihyo woken up from it. She opened the door, her eyes barely open.

“Nu..gu..?”

“Ya! How can you open the door at that state? Why can’t you ask from the machine first who is at the door? Don’t you know how dangerous it is?”

The lecture definitely annoyed her. Jihyo grimaced and was about to close to the door at his face.

“If you close the door, you won’t get to eat what I brought. And I know you love this!”

At the word eat, Jihyo stopped and her eyes opened. slowly curled upwards and she politely opened the door.  Jong kook entered with a chuckle and placed the packets of food on the table. Jihyo could smell it. Food.

“How sad, you prefer food than your boyfriend. Ah! What a life I have!?” Jong kook complained.

Jihyo giggled but wrapped her arms around Jong kook’s waist and hugged him. She rested her head on his back let her weight rest against him. She didn’t expect going through her script will be that taxing.

“Anyeong Oppa. How did you know that I haven’t eat? Are you done at the studio? I thought you said you were going to call?”

“I did. But you didn’t pick up. So…”

Jihyo’s eyes opened wide once more. She ran to the living room and picked up her phone just beside her strewn scripts. Jong kook walked in to see what jihyo checking her phone and was shocked to see all the scripts at the table.

“Is this what you were doing? How thick is the script? Jihyo yah! If you’re tired, rest properly! Don’t sleep here. How are you going to do this and…”

Jihyo kissed Jong kook to stop him from lecturing her once more. She smiled at him and hugged him again.

“Oppa. Don’t worry! You worry too much. Now let’s eat! I’m hungry!”

Jong kook smiled at his girlfriend and just followed her to eat. Jihyo was listening to her boyfriend rambling. He was talking about his day at the studio. How the song was completed and how he was excited to let her be the first to hear it. Jihyo also countered by telling him how the new character in the drama is going to be difficult and yet she was excited at the same time.

Once they were done. They moved to the living room with all the scripts kept and they are now snuggling on the couch, Jihyo hugging Jong kook.

“I don’t think I’ll be able to stop hugging you.”

“Is it? Don’t you think it’s too hard?”

“hmm. Nope! I love it. And it’s mine!”

Midnight strike soon enough and Jong kook’s phone rang. Once again, it was Gap Jin.

“Are you coming back?! Where do you go lately that you’re always missing?”

“I’m coming! Sheesh. You sound worse than my mother.”

Jihyo laughed when she heard and saw her boyfriend sulking on the phone.

“Is that… Are you with a girl? Kim Jong kook! Tell me!”

Jong kook held his hands over Jihyo’s mouth. “You must have heard wrong. I’m coming home now! Don’t wait up.”

Jihyo raised her eyebrows as Jong kook ended the call.

“We have to tell our managers, Jihyo. They can help us with this.”

“I know. And oppa! My schedule is going to be packed soon. We might not be able to see each other often.” Jihyo looked guiltily down at her fingers. Jong Kook smiled. He lifted her chin up to face him and he continued looking at her.

“And why are you so sad, my love? I don’t think it matters now, cause we both are going to make it work, aren’t we? I’m happy you told me about you schedule. Just make sure you rest well ok? I have to go. I have work tomorrow.”

Jihyo nodded and kiss him and he kissed her back. It was soft kisses and both of them smiled looking at each other, each having thoughts of their own but surprisingly they were both the same.

I wish we could have a happy day like this again. With no troubles, just life moving forward on its own. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wow! I took a look at the subscriptions and upvotes and views. 
Well, Thank you and Sorry if you guys had been waiting.

I mean, there weren't any updates but there are still subscribers! 

Here's something to start the story off in a good tone.  XD 
I hope it's ok for a comeback. *covers face in worries!*
Love you!