Chapter 2

The story of us.

Jong kook’s phone alarm went off at 7 in the morning. He had not moved at all in his sleep. His arm was still wrapped around Jihyo and Jihyo was still in his embrace, clutching onto his arms. He tried to move without waking her. Slowly, he lifted his hands and moved Jihyo briefly aside so that he could switch his alarm off.

It was a new day but yesterday’s feelings still lingered. Jong Kook woke up with a dragging feeling but seeing Jihyo sleeping peacefully beside him, he knew. He knew that he was not about to throw what he had away. He watched Jihyo as she curled herself up from the cold and saw how was opened slightly agape. Jong Kook took the blanket and wrapped it around her. Little did he know that Jihyo was awake when the alarm sounded. She was just trying to get back to sleep since there was no schedule for her till late evening for running man. So when Jong Kook was arranging the blanket on her, she took this chance to kiss his cheek.

“Mwuh? Are you awake sweetheart?” Jong kook said, surprised and they both sat up, leaning onto the headboard.

“Hehehe. Yes. You need to change your alarm! It’s too loud Oppa!”

“Go back to sleep. It’s still early. You were crazy yesterday during filming. Gary and I had to chase you throughout the whole train and yet, you still managed to escape. Hmm. I wonder how?”

“Gary Oppa let me go. Oppa, would you let me go if you were in such a situation?”

“No. What have you done to make me want to release you? You should kiss me here” Jong Kook pointed to his lips and pouted, making his face look ugly. 

Jihyo blushed and started to get into bed again. Jong Kook was fast though. He grabbed her wrist and made her stay beside him on the bed. Jong Kook leaned in and kissed her on the lips for a few seconds. Jihyo blushed and looked away.

“What? Yesterday, you were the one who kept saying you love me. And today you’re all shy? My dear, who are you really?” Jong Kook whispered to her.

Jihyo who had gotten really red gave Jong Kook a push and started beating him up. “Go and shower! You’re going to be late for the gym!”

“Are you kicking me out? Ouch! Hey! It hurts! Okay! Okay! I’ll go!” He took her arms and hugged her. “Let me feel you one last time.”

Jong Kook headed for the bathroom while Jihyo got up to the kitchen. She prepared a sandwich that Jong Kook really likes and prepared his things that he left on the table. Once Jong Kook was ready, he entered the kitchen and gave Jihyo a back hug.

“Aigoo. Look at her, already acting like my wife.”

“Mwuh? Wife? What did you say? Ya! I’m nobody’s wife until I found a ring that can replace this one.” Jihyo showed her ring finger. There was already a ring there. There was a small diamond at the centre and it was decorated with what looked like branches along the side of the diamond. It was an old design but it seemed new, shining brightly and sparkling. Jong kook tilted his head and wondered who it was from. “This is from my dad. The only man who had captured my heart right since I was born.”

“I have hard shoes to fill then. It’s beautiful sweetheart.” He kissed her forehead. “I’d better eat breakfast and head to the gym. So what are you going to do till running man later?”

“Probably visit my parents. Haven’t been back for so long. I’ll see you later tonight?”

“Of course. Thank you for breakfast and the night. Aishhh. We have to stop this. It’s getting hard for me to sleep alone now.”

Jihyo playfully hit Jong Kook again. “Don’t get used to it. I only asked cause I need to prove to you how much you mean to me.”

“Then I wish you could prove it to me every day!” Jong kook gave a peck on her lips and placed the plates at the sink before gathering his stuff and leaving. Jihyo only walked him to the door and saw him leave. Opening up about their relationship would be the easy answer to their problems. But Jihyo did not to do it. Her career was just starting to work out since she joined Running man and because of the show she finally received many drama offers.

Jihyo took her phone and called PD Cho.

“Hello. PD-nim. Can we meet before the shoot? I need to discuss something with you.”

 

That evening, every one gather in the room before shooting began. Apparently, today’s starting mission would be to trick the guest, Yuri from SNSD. Jihyo was extremely nervous and it showed through her face. Everyone just made fun of her, saying that it was her usual self and she was just being Mong, everyone except Kim Jong Kook.  He sat back and observed her awkwardness throughout the starting of the filming. She was stuttering when asked to act. And she hid behind Joongki, her close dongsaeng whenever the cameras pointed to her.

Before they left shoot the opening scene, Jong Kook grabbed Jihyo aside.

“Are you ok? Today is going to be fun ok! You’re the Ace! Don’t worry…”

“I know. Oppa. Promise me, whatever happens later… You won’t take it to heart. Remember that I…”

“I know… You love me. Now stop! Or you’ll make everyone suspicious of us! We’ve kept our relationship from everyone well enough for 4 months! I love you!” and he kissed her forehead before leaving her high and dry alone by the corridor.

“Tsk! How dare he talks about blowing our secret relationship when he’s the one kissing me in public.”

As soon as the camera started rolling, everyone was talking about the hot kiss that happened yesterday at the train depot during the mission. Joongki was known as the lover boy and Jihyo was teased for having two guys going after her. In the end, she couldn’t take it anymore and addressed everyone.

“Doesn’t the one involved have a word in this matter?”

“Oh. That’s right. Ms. Mong. What you have to say?” Jaesuk immediately took charge of the situation.

Jong kook did a double take on Jihyo. His heart was beating really fast. And during that split second, their eyes met. Him and Jihyo. Jong Kook gave a small nod and that caused Jihyo to smile and look at Jaesuk before answering.

“I… I already have a man on Mondays.”

Cheers erupted throughout the whole place. It wasn’t only from the members but also from the staffs who had been anticipating the outcome of the one-sided love from Gary. Gray was already gushing in joy and excitement from Jihyo’s confession.

“Pabo yah. Next time tell me in secret please.”

The shooting carried on and Yuri came in. The teasing shifted back and forth from the Monday couple to Kwangsoo and Yuri. It seemed so real that Yuri had to ask Jihyo if she really loved Gary. Gary came to the rescue when he noticed a blank and flustered Jihyo.

“Of Course! Do you think she will lie in broadcast.”

Jihyo’s face reddened and Jong Kook avoided the camera and stayed relatively quiet. He needed time to adjust to the new environment. It was weird because he had always imagined this scene; All the tease, all the pushing and all the funny greasy love scripts. The only difference was that they were teasing her with Gary instead of him. And no matter how much he had denied the fact that he was jealous that their relationship was a secret, he still felt hurt.

Jihyo knew that Jong Kook was hurt. And so during the break, when Jong Kook left to go to the toilet, she followed suit a few seconds later and when there was nobody around, she came and hugged him from the back.

“Are you all right?”

“Urhm… Yea. I am.”

“How come I don’t believe you?” Jihyo hugged him tighter and Jong Kook gave a small chuckle.

“Did you really think I would let this affect me?” Jong kook turned to face Jihyo.

“I…” He kissed her cheeks.

“Love…” He kissed her forehead.

“You.” He kissed her nose.

And he was about to kiss her lips when they heard a cough. Both of them stiffened. Jihyo’s hands which were on Jong kook’s shoulder is now holding onto it tighter. She knew she should have let go but she couldn’t. She wouldn’t. Not after the long hours they have been apart.

“Now I understand why you have been very secretive. It helps if you share this secret to someone to help you keep a lookout once in a while.”

Jong Kook let go of Jihyo’s hug and brought her to his side and faced the person who had caught them. His hand slipped naturally into her even though the number of times they were able to that in the past 4 months were limited. He proudly took her hand and walked closer to him before saying it loud enough for him and Jihyo to hear.

“I love her. Help us, please.”  

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: THANK YOU FOR THE SUBSCRIBERS! 23 subs and 1 vote! LOVE YOU!!!! MUAHHHH! ^^

>> Story may look not smooth. I was writting it while doing my vid editting. And my laptop crashed twice. T.T Sobs.

>> who do you think caught them??? hohoho.