Sungmin's POV (Part 2) EDITED

Sticky Notes

Leaning against the back rest of my swivel chair, I stretch my arms and neck before continuing the works I’ve been running off since this morning. Papers and documents were scattered all over my desk and yet somehow I felt light and carefree even with these loaded stuffs I have to finish.

 

I took one paper, class 2-B, it says and I smiled remembering it was the same class Cho Kyuhyun attends. Ever since I met him in the grocery and after talking with him I’ve felt such kind of warm and light feeling inside. Something new. Something I’ve never felt before. Something different yet refreshing.

 

After talking to him for that sometime, I’ve seen a whole lot of different things about him that no one in this school ever did.

 

He was different I know. But after that time, I still thought the same about him. Just in a nicer kind of way.

 

“What’s that smile on your face for?” Before I knew, Ryeowook was already in front of my desk, examining my face as he raised his eyebrow in judgment.

 

“Smiling?” I asked. “I’m not smiling.”

 

Ryeowook rolled his eyes. “Oh come on. Yes you are smiling. You’ve been smiling a lot today. That’s pretty weird.”

 

“I’m really –”

 

I was cut off when he heard the loud bang of the Student Council’s office door. Yesung came rushing inside as slowly ran out of air.

 

“Yah, what happened to you?” Ryewook asked his lover, who is the secretary of the Student Council.

 

My eyebrows met. “The heck on earth, where’s the fire Kim Yesung?”

 

“Cho Kyuhyun… He…” Yesung tried to speak in between his breath.

 

I promptly stood up from his sit as soon as I hear Kyuhyun’s name. “What happened to him?” I asked worriedly, gaining a suspicious look from Ryeowook.

 

Yesung is still panting but I couldn’t wait for another second cause I feel like exploding in anxiety.

 

“Yah, Kim Yesung speaks up.” I commanded.

 

“He… dyed his hair black.” Yesung finally manage to say after a few deep breaths.

 

I sighed in relief. “That’s it?” I said.

 

Yesung nodded.

 

I sat back on my chair, grinning. “Then good.” I said and proceeded with reading the papers.

 

Ryeowook stared at me as he caresses Yesung’s back. “Something is not right.” Yesung murmured.

 

“What?” I asked them as they both stared at me.

 

“You’re hiding something from me, Pres. Aren’t you?” Ryeowook asked and settled himself in the chair across my table while Yesung decided to get some refreshment for his thirst.

 

I glance at Ryeowook for a second then back at the paper I was reading. “There’s nothing about me and Cho Kyuhun.”

 

“Oh, so it’s about Cho Kyuhyun.” Ryeowook teased, his one eyebrow was raised mischievously.

 

“.” I cursed as I put my hand over my mouth. Damn, when can I ever lie to this guy?

 

“We’ve known each other since forever. Spill it out.” Ryeowook said.

 

“It’s nothing. We just met accidentally last weekend and we talked. Well apparently he’s not bad after all. That’s it.” I affirmed.

 

He stared at me for a few more seconds before leaving my desk.

 

“That’s it. But somehow I think there’s something more.” He said as he sits on his own chair.

 

I turned to him. “I don’t know what’s that something more you’re talking about.”  I said and that’s how are conversation ended.

---

The library is almost empty after class so I decided to choose the place to review for our upcoming exam. As soon as I get to the corner, I began to scribble on my notebook, take notes of the important points that might appear on the exam.

 

Halfway through scribbling I grabbed the pink sticky note beside me and wrote some words on it.

 

“Pink huh?”

 

I looked up and saw Kyuhyun staring at my pink sticky note. I glanced at his now black hair and mentally smiled. Black suits him more, just like what I thought from the very beginning.

 

“I like pink.” I said when Kyuhyun sat across me.

 

He took the sticky note and read the words written on it. “Why are you using this when you got that one.” He pointed out my notebook.

 

I shrugged. “I don’t know. When I write complicated words or points on that sticky note then it becomes more convenient for me to remember them.” I explained.

 

“You’re weird.” Kyuhyun taunted while taking a few pieces of sticky notes.

 

I giggled. “They say so too.”

 

“I’ve got some club activities. How about grabbing some pumpkin bread after?” Kyuhyun offered.

 

I stared at him for awhile wondering if Kyuhyun was asking me to go home with him. I nodded happily. “Okay.”

 

Kyuhyun beam at meand I died a little inside. “Great. I’ll meet you here after.” He said. Kyuhyun looked back at me and waved me a goodbye, I waved back while smiling.

 

I unconsciously touched both of my cheeks with my palms. “Ryeowook seems right. I’ve been smiling a lot today.” I told myself and continued reviewing, just that somehow I’ve found a reason to study some more and pull the time as fast as I could so I can meet Kyuhyun once again.

 

---

After an hour, I decided to take some break so I went out of the library to go to the comfort room. I started to crack some muscles while walking through the hallway. There were no students around anymore.

 

“President.” A smaller guy came to me. His eyes met mine as he bit his lower lip.

 

“Yes?” I smiled at him.

 

“I’m Kyuhyun’s classmate.” The smaller man introduced his self and bowed. I also bowed while wondering what does this second year student, who happens to be Cho Kyuhyun’s classmate, wants.

 

“President, you must be close to Kyuhyun-sshii.” The second year student said.

 

“Huh? No. I mean, what?” I started to stammer, not knowing how to answer.

 

“President, I know this might be a huge favor but can you please stay away from Kyuhyun-shii?” The guy straightforwardly said and I was quite taken aback. “I like him. I really like him and somehow I haven’t seen him so close to anyone except you. I might look bad saying this but I see President as a hinder since I’m planning to confess my feelings for Kyuhyun-sshii.” The guy continued.

 

My chest began to clench tightly as one by one a needle began to prick inside. I can’t voice out even a single word. This guy in front of me likes Cho Kyuhyun. He likes him and he saw me as a threat.

 

The prick inside continued as it slowly began to pulse in pain. The thoughts in every corner of my head jumbled making my mind spin off with varieties of thoughts.

 

“President doesn’t like Kyuhyun-shii right?” The guy asked.

 

The words kept repeating inside my mind the way my heartbeats thug inside my chest; uneasy and undefined. I held into the hem of my shirt, asking for support and I remember how Kyuhyun held his. I remember how I admire his sunny smiles and how I love to hear his warm laugh. I remember the way he walks, the way he talks and the way he makes me feel.

 

I remember how everything turned upside down in split seconds of nearness and awareness. Various thoughts came into my mind creating one thought and completing a jigsaw.

 

My heart hammered, shouting in the void making one word resound all throughout the inside of me. The heart and the mind finally met in the way contemplating one single answer to the question.

 

Slowly, I opened my mouth wishing that I won’t be able to regret anything and that I would be happy with this decision I’ve made.

 

“No. No. That’s impossible. I don’t like him.” I said, the whole world collapsing in front of me as the words came out as a lie in every syllable.

 

The words that came out was deliverd in full contradiction of what my mind and heart think and feel.

 

I’ve wish not to regret but I did. I’ve wished to be happy but rather I had the opposite. If the mind could speak it would’ve had said the truth. If the heart could speak it would say the same exact thing the mind could possibly say.

 

But I was the one in control and I decided to hurt myself and deny the most obvious.

 

And I wonder if it could make a difference if I told him the truth.

 

Maybe not.

----

I didn’t wait for Kyuhyun to finish his club activity at that time. I decided to leave him a note and making the best lame excuse I ever did in my entire life. That night I can’t sleep. The realization still hits me. The pain wouldn’t disappear.

 

Did that guy confessed his feelings to Kyuhyun? Did Kyuhyun accept them? What will they be after? What will I be after? Will they be happy? Then how about me?

 

Questions kept appearing one by one as jealousy and regret eats me up.

 

It was hard: having self denial. Contradicting and fighting with what you feel and denying the facts presented by your brain, it was frustrating. The feeling itself is.

 

Gradually I thought, why am I even denying the truth? Was it really hard for me? What’s the reason behind me refusing to admit my own feelings?

 

I closed my eyes and in that darkness I saw the answer: REJETION.

 

The next day I avoided Kyuhyun. I also did the same thing each day and I thought I was running out of excuses to tell him so I decided to hide and isolate myself inside our classroom and the Student Council’s Office.

 

I’m running away. But why Am I? Why Am I running away when no one is even there for a chase?

 

“What’s wrong?” Ryeowook asked me sometime when he just can’t take the silence and enormous atmosphere I create.

 

I shook my head. “Nothing. Just tired.” Another lie. Ever since that incident I found it so easy to lie to most people. Saying the opposite of what I feel and creating stories to avoid things.

 

Ryeowook sighed. “You don’t really have to tell me.” He sounded hurt. “But atleast fix your gloomy self before saying nothing.”

 

“President! President! President!” Yesung came rushing inside the office and Ryeowook and I both turned our heads to him. He was running out of air to breathe, panting and sweating like crazy. The last time he was like this, it was all about Cho Kyuhyun.

 

“Can you please calm down?” Ryeowook was pissed as he approach Yesung and started to calm him down.

 

Yesung looked at me worriedly. “What’s wrong?” I asked.

 

“Cho Kyuhyun…” My heart leaped forward as soon as the name resounds inside my head. A tight grip on my heart and a flinching pain inside was created. “He dyed his hair again; skipped classes and… he made a mess on the school garden.” Yesung continued.

 

All of the officers inside looked at me, various reactions are painted on their face but mostly some are wondering while Ryeowook and Yesung looked at me worriedly.

 

“Aren’t you going to do something?” Ryeowook asked.

 

I remained silent. What should I do? I don’t want to talk to him. I don’t want to see his face. I don’t want to hurt myself.

 

Seeing him is not going to help me at this moment. Talking to him might make everything worst. I didn’t know how things turned out to be this complicated. Few days ago we’re normal enemies then the nearness came, the conversation, the comfort and realization. Everything seems to be complicated.

 

“President should be rushing out to haunt for Kyuhyun at this moment.” One of year representative said.

 

All of them whispered in agreement. I was cornered. If I don’t do something then everyone will ask why. What reason would I give? Plus this is my responsibility as a President.

 

I stood up and left the place.

--

I quickly found myself standing in front of the rooftop’s door. This is where it all started. This is where all the feelings I have started and where it should probably end. I slowly entered and found it empty. The strong wind welcomes me and the void in my heart staggered in pain.

 

I walked and I can hear my footsteps immersing a sound.

 

I gasped and froze when suddenly someone hugged me from behind.

 

“Finally.” My heart recognized the voice and I can feel the tears swelling on my eyes. I’ve missed him. I missed him so much my heart dwells in so much pain.

 

I gathered all the strength I have to resist against Kyuhyun’s warm and tight embrace. Even if each and every corner of my heart struggle to voice out the real feelings I have inside.

 

“Stop this!” I shouted at him as I free myself from his arms. “Why are you doing this? I’m so tired chasing after you every single day!”

 

Kyuhyun looked hurt as his eyes mirrored myself. I’ve been doing this almost everyday since I became the president; chasing him, reprimanding him, lecturing him and nagging him. But never in all those days have I’ve grown tired. Never.

 

“You think what you did is funny? You think you can always have your own way? You think all of these things are tolerable? Well think again. You’re not the only business I have in this world. I’ve got so much in my plate so please. Just please.” I started to burst out and throw the words without any idea where it all came from.

 

I saw the glint of pain in his eyes again and nothing hurts me more knowing I’m the reason behind it.

 

I heard him sigh. “Then tell me why.” His voice was firm and his face is serious. “Why are you avoiding me after all the times we had.”

 

“Times we had?” I mocked at him. “We just shared a couple of conversation but that doesn’t mean anything.”

 

If there was one thing I’m getting good at right now, it’s pretending.

 

“That doesn’t answer my question.” He said as he stares deep into my eyes. Gathering all my strength I stood still holding our gazes.

 

“I’m not avoiding you…” I’m ran out of words, ran out of reasons and ran out of lies to say.

 

“I don’t get you at all Lee Sungmin. The last few days you were smiling at me, you’re being nice and you agreed to go home after club activities then you left me hanging. Then the next day you started to avoid me. You won’t talk to me. You won’t even want to see me nor look at me. And nothing hurts more than that.” Kyuhyun said his eyes were sharply looking at me with anger and pain.

 

He sighs in exasperation. “It was all easy for you and it was all hard on me. I was sleepless every single night thinking what went wrong. I tried. I tried talking to you but you just won’t let me. And the last option I have is this.”

 

My eyes narrowed with his outburst. “You’re telling me it’s my entire fault? It’s that it? I’m the one to blame? It’s all me?”

 

“No. No. And yes. To whom do you think am I doing this for?” Kyuhyun asked. “You think I like this? I’ve been running out of naughty things to do just to get your attention because you don’t even look my way!” He shouted and I almost flinch.

 

I froze as I stare at him “What are you saying you stupid idiot.”

 

“What I’m saying is; I’m doing this because I want you to notice me. I’ve been thinking of ways to talk to you even before and when you became the president I thought that being like this would you notice me.” He said without even blinking.

 

The confession was a shock and I can feel the tears filling up my eyes. Each word entering my mind and my thoughts were speculation the maybes of his words.

 

A soft blow of the wind woke me up from my thoughts.

 

“Stop making fun of me, Cho Kyuhyun! Stop playing with my damn feelings!” I hissed, erasing every expectation I have. I could be wrong and it might hurt.

 

He took a step closer.

 

“I might have done a lot of mischief but playing with your feelings is not one of them” Kyuhyun seriously said. He stamped the pink sticky note on my forehead before leaving.

 

I sighed and grabbed the sticky note out of my forehead. “Stupid idiot.” I muttered as I redundantly read the words written on the sticky note.

 

This time, there’s no holding back.

 

 

_END_

 

A/N: That’s all. Hahahahaha. Since SJ kept trolling us about 7JIB I decided to troll my readers too by making them guess what could be the ending on this fanfic. ^^V Am I mean? Kekekeke ~~~

 

You want to know? But the ending is on Kyuhyun’s POV. You want Kyuhyun’s POV? Should I write one or should I keep you wondering for the rest of your lives? Kekekeke ~~  Sorry I’m so mean T_____T

 

Tell me your thoughts :)