Kyuhyun's POV (Part 1)

Sticky Notes

Kyuhyun’s POV

The first time I met Sungmin is as cliché as every romantic stories ever made by a hopeless romantic girl-next-door. It was cheesy if anyone would’ve ever heard it. But for me; it was life saving.

 

The memory of our first meeting is vivid and significant that it falls on that category of recollections wherein it changes my life. It was remarkable, unexpected and life changing.

 

If anyone would ever ask me about it then maybe I could tell all the details; big or small. From how it all started and how it ended though I wish it didn’t. I could tell the exact date, the place, the feeling and if I could count every heartbeat then maybe I can tell I’ve had gathered billions of nameless emotions. It might have been just an ordinary day for Sungmin and for all of those people who were there but not for me. Sungmin might have forgotten me after he walked away but he made significance on my heart and on my mind.

 

I leaned on the roof. Billions of stars—nameless or not— stared down at me and I looked up on them. The cold breeze draped around me and I place my arms over my forehead and closed my eyes. Recollecting the memory of that time I met Sungmin. I do this every night to make sure I won’t forget every single detail, to make sure I won’t miss every single moment and to make sure it will live in me forever.

 

It would’ve been an ordinary Saturday night for everyone else in the town except for me. I came home from my cram school—which I dislike—and a loud thud of shouting voices welcomed me. It was my Mom and my Dad fighting over again.

 

I was in middle school at that time, my Dad was shouting and my Mom was crying. The voices filled up the entire house and I didn’t want to care at all till I heard what my Mom said.

 

“This is not the life I want us to live.” I heard my father said. I started to remove my shoes and my socks as I hear my Mom sob and the struck of pain in my chest gets heavier.

 

“This is not the life I want to live either. You think it’s easy for me? You want me to forget everything that happened?” My Mom shouted back and this time I’m already placing my shoes on the cabinet beside the door.

 

“Ahra is dead!” My father said softly and I was startled as I heard my sister’s name. I decided to continue listening with their argument. Having the feeling that sometime soon my name will appear in their loud conversation.

 

My mother cried louder this time and the clench on my chest gets more painful.

 

My Mom sniffed and sobbed. The next words that came out on his mouth were the words I fear to hear.  “If only Kyuhyun didn’t—”

 

“Oh god! We’re at this again. Stop blaming Kyuhyun! It was no one’s fault. Those things are inevitable. And even if Kyuhyun didn’t run away that night Ahra would still be…” My Dad pause and I can sense the ache he’s been holding all this time. “It was her time. If it didn’t happen that way then it can happen on a different way.” He continued.

 

I couldn’t take it any longer. I didn’t have to listen more. I didn’t have to deny it myself because I know… it was all my fault. I’ve been blaming myself from the very beginning and it hurts a lot. But the blame coming from my own parents makes me want to die.

 

I took the easiest shoes to wear on the cabinet, rushed toward the door at shut it down. I even heard my parents called me when I had ran a few meters away but I didn’t looked back. I ran as fast as I could and the memories of me running away from home two years ago made a fast flashback inside my head.

 

I was scolded by my Mom and being a spoiled brat I gathered up the thoughts of my Mom not loving me as much as he loves my sister so I ran away from home even if it was raining so hard. My sister followed me without even bringing an umbrella with her. I was crying and she was calling me. I said I don’t need her and threw her away.

 

Then when I was about to cross the street there was a light beaming at me and a loud horn buzzing. I closed my eyes and I felt such warm, protective arms on my back pushing me strongly. And when I opened my eyes I saw my sister all wet with rain and her own blood.

 

She saved my life after all the things I’ve thought about her. She saved my life. She died for me. And from that day on we were never the same again. My Mom was distant. She created a huge wall on me. She never cared again the way she did. He rarely scolds me and she never said how much she loves me like she used to.

 

I’ve been blaming myself for my sister’s death and I’m trying to deny the fact that my parents also did think the same. But as I’ve always thought thye had always been blaming me too.

 

When I started to feel tired from running I stopped from my tracks and huffed in some air on my chest. The sun is setting and the night is almost coming. I decided to take some rest under the small bridge. The place was empty like how it is. No one really come to this place. Just like as no one really understand my feelings.

 

I sighed and lean my head on the wall. The tears began pooling on the edge of my eyes and I tried so hard not to sob but I was not that strong to hold everything so I did.

 

I can feel my tears running down my tears. They were warm and painful.

 

I froze when I felt a soft cloth covering my face. I breathe and I smelled the cloth on my face. It didn’t smell something significant but something that marks ownership. Maybe it smells like its owner.

 

“I didn’t mean to intrude but my hanky flew in there but I can’t come to pick it up cause you’ve been sobbing so hard. You’re not a ghost, are you?”

 

I moved. I took the cloth out of my face and started to wipe my tears and sniffed on it. I heard the man made a gross sound.

 

The hanky was color pink printed with strawberries on the edge. I made a lazy smile as I stare on it. I looked up only to find no one beside me. I roam my eyes around and found a guy standing outside the shelter of the bridge.

 

His hair was a little messy. He sat on the floor. I can only see the right side of his face but I can picture the whole on my mind. His eyes were round and foxy and his lips were perky. I can see his long eyelashes as he blinks.

 

“I’ll stay here.” He said a little louder for me to hear him. I kept staring at him. “People dislike it when somebody else sees their tears.”

 

I silently agreed.

 

“I don’t have an idea what happened. But I assume you ran away.” He said after the silence between the two of us.

 

I think he took my silence as a yes and he continued talking.

 

“You think running away makes everything okay? Ts. Running away makes everything worst. I don’t get it why people can’t face the things they have to settle.” He said.

 

“You don’t understand!” For the first time I found my voice.

 

“Yeah right.”

 

“My parents are blaming me for my sister’s death…” I said and continued telling the tale that I’ve never told anyone even with the closest friend I have in school. I told a story with a stranger whom I met under the bridge. But somehow, after, I felt some kind of relief.

 

For the first time I was not alone in the place. For the first time somebody knew me. Somebody listened. Somebody understands. A nobody became a somebody to me.

 

“Did they tell you straightly?” The guy said after some moments. “Did they say they were blaming you? Or did you just assume they did. Or did you just speculate form their words and actions that they did?”

 

“It’s my fault!”

 

“You’re a jerk. You’re the bad one here. Stop being selfish and talk to your parents. The wrong thing about the situation is you refuse to talk about your feelings. You’ve been deprive of the answers because you don’t even ask. Ask them,. Tell them. Talk to them. Stop running away and start facing your problems. It will get you somewhere I promise.” The man said and stood up.

 

“You’re leaving?” I sounded disappointed.

 

“Some passerbys are giving me this weird look for talking alone.” He said. Then I realize that I was in the darkness under the bridge and he hasn’t even seen my face all this time.But I can see his.

 

“What’s your name?” I shouted as he walks away.

 

“Lee Sungmin.” He shouted back.

 

He kept walking. “Aren’t you going to ask mine?”

 

“I haven’t even seen your face so I pretty much not care about your name.”

 

I watched his back and remembered it. Every bits of it.

 

That night I went home and everything was settled between me and my parents. We all made a long and deep talk that night before they leave for their work the next day. They never did blame me. It was all inside me and they were sorry for making me feel that way.

 

I realize that maybe if I haven’t met Sungmin I wouldn’t have broke the walls between me and my Mom. Sungmin was my life saver.

 

I opened my eyes and saw the stars again. Maybe if every recollection of that moment can make a star then I would’ve had created my own universe.

 

 

I haven’t seen Lee Sungmin from that day on. I tried to look for him. I’ve wished I could bump to him everytime I go out. I prayed to meet him again but it never happened until I entered high school. I got to see him during the entrance ceremony.

 

I learned that he attend the same school with me. He was a year older but I never really had the courage to talk to him. I was that stupid.

 

I satisfied myself with looking at him from afar. I usually steal glances at him. Walk to his building, pass by his rooms just to take a peek on him. I’ve always watched him but I never had the courage to approach him.

 

Our eyes would usually meet and I can feel my heartbeat. But then he would always look away like as if he had seen nothing. I wished he had seen my face then. Maybe he could recognize me. Maybe he’ll be the one to have the courage to talk to me and ask me how was I? If I’ve settled the thing about my parents. Maybe I can tell him he saved my life. Maybe I can stand a single chance to stay closer to him.

 

I’ve been watching Sungmin for over a year. He takes his task seriously. He likes pumpkin and ny food with pumpkin. He likes color pink—justifying the pink hanky that day. He can easily smile and when he laughs he can roll on the floor.

 

The grateful feeling I have for Sungmin turned into deeper one. I came to like him. No, I think I’m in love with him.

 

I don’t know much about like or love. I’ve never been in this situation before. But above all, the feelings I have for him is crystal clear. Feelings, when we define it we set standards. But love, when you declare the feeling as love, you don’t set standards for it to be claimed as love. You know it is. You know its love. And when someone asked how you knew? You can’t answer because there’s no definite answer. You just know.

 

Every night I would scold myself. I’ve been searching for him for years and when I found him at last I can’t even stand a chance to talk to him.

 

Well not until my second year and not until he became the President.

 

It would’ve been better if Sungmin had notice me in a different way.

 

That’s the thing I always say every time I look at the Student Council’s President, Lee Sungmin.

 

“Hair coloring is prohibited in this school. Dye it black it suits you more.” Sungmin said one day as I was walking through the hallway and he approached me.

 

Those were his commands. Those were the words he said. The words that echoed inside my head and I stood there invalid to be the same again after that moment. There goes my chance.

 

I decided to break all the rules. One by one. Time after time. I dye my hair one different color every week, I skipped classes and make up some mistakes and mischiefs. Just to be notice. I want him to notice me like the way he did before. I wanted him to talk to me like the way he did before. I like Lee Sungmin and maybe being his enemy will make me an inch closer to him.

 

The chilly wind blew against my body signaling me to stop reminiscing and start entering the house and warm up. I stood up and went to my room.

 

Tomorrow is another battle field with the President and I can’t wait any longer. Even though we’re fighting and bickering everytime we meet… somehow I felt a little closer to him.

 

“Yah Cho Kyuhyun.” Sungmin’s irritated voice resounded inside my head and I can’t help but smile with the sound of his voice and thought of his irritated face.

 

“Ahh~ What kind of teasing will I do this time?” I murmured to myself as I lay on my bed.

 

Maybe I should take everything to the next level.

 

I closed my eyes. They say that the last thought on your mind before falling asleep connects on what you dream ever night.

 

That night, I dreamt of him. Like how I usually do every single night and every time I fall asleep.

 

 

A/N: Hellloooooooo! How is KyuKyu’s POV? Boring right? Part two will be posted as soon as I can. T_____T I’m so sorry for the delay. Been very busy ><

 

Right! Please read Sungmin’s POV (Part2). I made or added a few more lines on the rooftop confrontation.