Sungmin's POV (PART 1)

Sticky Notes

 

In the middle of the half crowded hallway were whispers and curious gazes surrounded me as I walked through it. One student looked so scared when our eyes met and some bowed their heads as I pass by. Silent murmur was heed and jumbled inside my ears but I chose to remain deaf about it.

 

“That Cho Kyuhyun again!” I silently rumbled as I madly stomped my feet through the hallway. My eyes were fiery, both hands are clenched and I feel like I can almost emit smoke from my  nose.

 

“President please calm down.” Ryeowook, the vice president of the student council said as he tries to catch up with my huge and fast pace. But I was too furious to slow down.

 

I, Sungmin am the President of the student council and am currently in my last year of high school.  While Cho Kyuhyun, a second year student, has been a pain in the ever since I became the Student Council President. Always roaming around the school making huge a fuss, dying his hair into different colors every week and skipping classes frequently; were one of his specialties of making my life miserable.

 

“Walk faster, Ryeowook. There’s no time to waste.” I hissed at Ryeowook who’s almost out of breath as we both scramble on the stairs.

 

Ryeowook huffed. His head down as his hands rested on his knees. “That Kyuhyun is surely a pain in the .” Ryeowook murmured in between his breaths.

 

“I’ll go and you wait here.” I said and headed towards the rooftop where Cho Kyuhyun is surely hiding, again.

 

As soon as I reached the door that will lead me inside the rooftop, I immediately hammered the door open. “Yah Cho Kyuhyun! Just how many times do I have to tell you to attend your classes?” I roared.

 

Cho Kyuhyun who is in the middle of his almost napping, yawned. “You again?” He blandly asked. I marched on his side, placing my hands on my waist while looking down at him.

 

“Me again?”I repeated sarcastically. “Huh!  If you hate seeing me that much then why don’t you stop lazing around and start attending your classes?” I started my daily lecture to the most hard-headed guy in the school. “And how many times do I have to tell you to dye your hair black? Ugh.” I retorted.

 

Kyuhyun stood up, brushing off some dusts that were stuck on his pants. “Ha, the president is pissed huh?” He mocked as he leaned his head forward and now our faces are only inches apart.

 

My eyes widened as my  body started to stiffened in paralysis. I can almost feel my heart thumping tearing out my chest as it howls. My eyes met Kyuhyun’s eyes and I’m quite sure that a little more closely he’ll be able to hear the sound of my heart.

 

“How about going out with me and I’ll be good?” Kyuhyun murmured and I can feel his breath fanning my face, the cold menthol breath caressing my face and I held my breath.

 

He was too close and my body won’t move. I can’t find my voice.

 

I have to calm down. I have to calm down. I kept repeating those words inside but my heart is as shrewd as the man in front of me. It just won’t calm down as long as he’s this close to me.

 

“Kidding!” Kyuhyun snapped as his mouth created the naughtiest smirk I’ve ever seen.

 

The words kept resounding inside my head, juggling up each and every letter to be comprehended and when I finally did, I pushed Kyuhyun away as I silently breathe for air. How long did I just hold my breath just now?

 

Damn Kyuhyun. He tricked me!

 

Kyuhyun turned his back and headed towards the door. “Hmm. I just saw something interesting.” Kyuhyun hummed before he closes the door of the rooftop.

 

I fell defenseless on the ground, raising my right hand and placing it on my left chest. Feeling the loud heartbeat as it slowly goes back on its normal pound.

“What the hell Lee Sungmin!” I nudge myself. I was totally knocked off.

---

The next day, I went inside the library to borrow some language books that will help me study for our English test for tomorrow.  I faced a huge book shelf sighing, wondering which of those books will help me with my lessons.

 

“Scanning these books one by one will take a lot of time.” I said to myself. I’ve got a lot of errands to do.

 

Suddenly somebody tap my head using a thick book. I looked up frowning and saw Kyuhyun who is smiling widely at me, I frowned some more.

 

“You’re skipping classes again.” I accused as my eyebrows creases.

 

“Woah!” Kyuhyun took a step backwards as he raised his hands as if trying to stop a predator from eating him whole. “I haven’t seen such rule that gate crashers like me is forbidden to enter the school library. Plus I’m not skipping class. It’s our teacher who skipped our class. Why do you always put the blame on me?”

 

I eyed him warily. “Because you always start a huge fuss.”

 

Kyuhyun chuckled and took three little steps forward. “Yeah?” He whispered.

 

I felt intimidated by Kyuhyun’s nearness. Once again I can start to feel that hard bang on my chest and that breathless feeling I felt yesterday on the rooftop with him. “You get away from me, idiot.” I moved a few inches away. I swallowed a lump when I saw the harm running on his eyes. Being near him can probably kill me without a touch.

 

“Why? Does my presence affect you so much?” Kyuhyun moved forward and I moved backward.

 

“It doesn’t.” I denied as we both continue with our moving forward and backward session. Nearer and nearer and my heart can explode. Bits and bits my stomach tightens as something inside crumples.

 

“Yes it does.”  He teased me some more and I swallowed harder than the first.

 

“No!” I firmly refuted.

 

The corner of Kyuhyun’s lips twisted mischievously. “Then why are you moving away?”

 

I gasped in horror as I felt my back touched the wall. Oh gracious gosh I’m doomed. Should I scream for help? No, that’s embarrassing. Plus he’s not going to me, is he?

 

“Opps! The rabbit has no way to run anymore.” Kyuhyun placed his hands on the wall, trapping me in between. Air. I need to find some air. I need to breathe. But I couldn’t.

 

“Don’t go near me I said!” I almost stammered. I can feel my knees trembling and my heart almost popping out of my damn chest. The huge library became smaller that I felt I’ve got no way to run.

 

Kyuhyun bend over his head closer and closer and closer and I closed his eyes tightly when we’re only an inch apart. I’ve waited and waited and waited. But nothing seems to happen.

 

I instantly opened my eyes when I heard a chuckle. My mouth drops as I stared at Kyuhyun who’s restraining his self from laughing out loud.

 

Was Kyuhyun making fun of me? Tears began to form in my eyes. What was that? Was I expecting something? What the hell on earth are these damn feelings I feel for this bastard?

 

I can’t help but sniff and Kyuhyun stared at me with a surprise look on his face. Guilt came across his eyes but I averted the gaze away. “Get away!” I nudge Kyuhyun’s arms and walked off.

 

“Hey Lee Sungmin.” Kyuhyun called.

 

I stopped from my tracks. I brushed the tears away from my eyes before looking back. I didn’t know what made me look back. Was it Kyuhyun’s soft voice or was it because for the first time Kyuhyun called me by my name.

 

“What now?” I asked mockingly and tried to be superior. Though deep inside I was trembling and confused.

 

Why am I crying anyway? What are these tears for? Were they from that sudden disappointment or from the confusion of the unfamiliar feelings?

 

“Held out your hands.” He ordered and I frowned.

 

“What is it this time?” I raised my eyebrow at him.

 

“Just held out your arms.”

 

And so I did.

 

Kyuhyun made some steps forward and dropped the book he was holding all this time on my hands. “Take that and I’m sorry.” He tapped my head  and ruffled my hair a bit with his hands before passing by.

 

I scanned the book and saw all the lessons I was looking for.

 

I held the book on my chest. “Stupid idiot.” I  whispered down, my lips almost touching the thing cradled on my arms.

---

I found it hard to concentrate in reading the new club proposals which were handed to me almost a few hours ago. I kept reading and reading each and every word but still I can’t comprehend any single thought about it.

 

“I’m doomed!” I muttered as I knocked my head on my table, cursing silently. Ryeowook glanced at me curiously.

 

“Anything wrong, Pres?” Ryeowook asked with a worried face.

 

“Nothing.” I mouthed.

 

The thing about Kyuhyun kept bothering me ever since that particular scenario that happened in the rooftop. It was the first time Kyuhyun had ever made such kind of move on me and the second time was at the library.

 

“Say, how did you found out that you were in love with Yesung?” I asked after some moments.

 

Ryeowook gave me a questioning look.

 

Though a little surprised, he smiled, leaning his head on his palm as his arm is rested on the table. His face became dreamy.

 

“He was the last person I thought I’d be with.” He started with a goofy smile on his face and I felt like throwing all the papers at my table to him. He was so cheesy everytime he mentions Yesung or we talk about him. “He was stupid, weird and plain. Yesung is just out of my league but one time my feelings for him came as a surprise rushing like a bullet train and striking me like a thunderbolt. I was defenseless and that’s it.”

 

I gazed at my friend. Ryeowook’s eyes were sparkling and the stupid grin on his face was way too beautiful if you look at him some more.  “You mean you didn’t plan it?”

 

Ryeowook laughed. “Ahh, Sungmin hyung that’s just like you. Well, if you think you can always go according to plan then take love differently then. It goes without warning. It strikes you before you even know it.”

 

I pouted. “Stop scaring me.”

 

“What? Why am I scaring you?” Ryeowook was puzzled. “Ah! Sungmin hyung are perhaps…”

 

“No!” I snapped him quickly. “I’m not in love!” I said.

 

Ryeowook nodded. “Ohh. Yes you’re not. You’re surely, undeniably and precisely not in love.” He teased and resumed on reading the school newspaper.

 

I puffed out a huge lamp of air out of his mouth.

 

These feelings I have when Kyuhyun is around, what exactly are they?

---

“That kid Donghae, leaving his chores to me. Exchanging our brotherhood for a date with that smelly Lee Hyukjae.” I silently cursed at my younger brother as I made my way to the nearest market.

 

I need to go shopping for our food or else there won’t be anyone doing it for us. I and Donghae live together while our parents are overseas, working. I mostly do the chores since I’m the eldest and my brother is such a lazy brat.

 

A lazy brat like Cho Kyuhyun.

 

A part of my mind whispered and I almost choke out. Why the hell on earth did Cho Kyuhyun’s name appeared in this sunny Saturday morning? I must have gone nuts for thinking of that idiot when I should’ve been taking a break out from the school since its weekends.

 

I shook my head.

 

A few minutes later I reached at the market which was only a few blocks away from our house. I took a basket and started my weekly shopping as I glance at my grocery list and find each and every item. I’m good at buying things compared to my brother.

 

I remember when my brother Donghae once shopped for us and all he bought were items which are near the expiration dates already. I could still recall the amount of chips he bought just because he thought they were delicious and the broken eggs he brought home because he tossed the plastic around while walking.

 

My brother is stupid.

 

As stupid as that Cho Kyuhyun.

 

My crazy mind said. I shook his head violently, thinking that the thoughts of Cho Kyuhyun would disperse.

 

“Cho Kyuhyun… you…” I muttered in between his gritted teeth.

 

“Yes?

 

I hastily turned my head to the right where the voice came and I gasped when I saw Cho Kyuhyun standing beside me, planting a smirk on his face as he stares at me.

 

“What are you doing?” I panicked. He heard me? He did not right? He did not!?

 

My question was answered when Kyuhyun spoke. “You were calling for me.” He innocently said.

 

My eyes grew wide. “I did not.” I refused to admit.

 

Kyuhyun tilted his head as if wondering. “But I thought I heard you said ‘Cho Kyuhyun… you…’ That’s why I came here.”

 

I swallowed very hard. Damn my brother for leaving him. If he just did his chores then maybe I wouldn’t be going to the market and maybe I wouldn’t think of Kyuhyun and I wouldn’t say his name and I wouldn’t be in this kind of situation.

 

“Y-you’re just imaging things, idiot.” I said and walked away.

 

Kyuhyun followed him. “Sungmin.”  Kyuhyun called.

 

I harshly turned back and glared at him. “Don’t you dare call my name without formality!”I snarled.

 

I heard his soft chuckle and he frowned. This guy surely does love teasing me.

 

“Aren’t you going to buy something? Can you stop following me?” I asked as I checked on the expiration date of the bread loaf I am holding. I only got a few more on his shopping list.

 

 Kyuhyun on the other hand, just followed me around and everytime Kyuhyun gets nearer I need to make a mental note to myself that I need to breathe and act normal. So I decided to ignore Kyuhyun but then I failed because somehow all I can see is Kyuhyun’s image on my peripheral vision.

 

“Naah. I only came here to buy some pumpkin bread but it seems like they ran out of it already. It sells out fast that only  early risers can have the luck to buy them.” Kyuhyun said.

 

“They sell pumpkin bread here?” I asked. I have been shopping here for three years already and I don’t know they sell such thing.

 

Kyuhyun nodded. “You don’t know even though you always come here?”

 

My eyes narrowed. “How did you know I always come here?” I suspiciously asked.

 

“I… uhm…” Kyuhyun scratch the back of his neck as he looks away. “I just thought you do. I’m good at fortune telling.” He said and smiled at me, I made a face at him.

 

I dropped the last item of my shopping list on my basket and made my way towards the cashier. There were only few shoppers in the market today.

 

“I wonder if I’ll be able to buy that pumpkin bread someday.” I murmured disappointedly. I had always liked all kinds of food that has any pumpkin in it.

 

“I know a bakery, a few blocks away from here, which sells the best pumpkin bread in the whole universe.” Kyuhyun said making me turn my head to him.

 

“Really?” I screech, making the cashier lady looked at us curiously.

 

Kyuhyun put his pointing finger on his lips “Shh. You’re too loud.”

 

I slightly bit my lips and whispered, “Sorry.” I apologized.

 

Kyuhyun stared at me and smiled.

 

“But you think you can tell me where that bakery is?”

 

Kyuhyun shook his head, I want to strangle him to death but I didn’t since killing someone with that kind of reason is just too nonsense. “But I think I can walk you there.” He said afterwards and my face brightened in happiness.

 

And so Kyuhyun did.

 

We’ve talked a lot along the way. I’ve learned a lot of thing about him that I didn’t know and noticed things that I haven’t noticed. Like he usually walks with his head down and he likes holding the hem of his shirt. I also learned that he only lives alone since his parents are always busy and he got no siblings at all.

 

Kyuhyun was fun to be with. He got a nice sense of humor and got a lot of corny jokes in his pockets. Somehow I wondered why I haven’t noticed these tiny things about him. That he was nice after all. He has this sunny smile and warm laugh.

 

I feel like at this short moment, somehow I’ve discovered a lot of things about him. I’ve seen his side that nobody ever did… and it made me happy.

 

“I don’t think you’re bad at all.” I said as I munched the pumpkin bread happily, tasting each and every bit of it like as if I’ll die tomorrow.

 

“You could just say thank you, you know.” Kyuhyun said while he carries the grocery items I bought. He offered to carry them while on our way home since he got nothing to do after all and cramping some bones might actually help the both of us.

 

I stopped from walking and turned to Kyuhyun. “My house is still a few blocks away but you should go home.” I said and grabbed the plastics out of Kyuhyun’s hand.

 

Kyuhyun looked puzzled. “I’ll take you home.” He insisted.

 

I shook my head. “No. I can manage. Thank you very much.” I said and smiled.

 

“O-kay?” Kyuhyun said.

 

I started to walk but I stopped mid way and turned to Kyuhyun who is now also walking at the opposite direction. I felt a bit regretful for sending Kyuhyun away. But if Donghae saw Kyuhyun then that kid would make a huge fuss about it and I don’t want to bother Kyuhyun about it.

 

“Yah Cho Kyuhyun.” I shouted and Kyuhyun turned his back.

 

“Thank you for today.” I shouted again. “See you at school. Don’t skip class and dye your hair black.” I said and waved my hand that holds his pumpkin bread. I beamed at Kyuhyun widely before running away.

 

A/N: This is just a one-shot but I decided to divide this into two since it became longer than expected. I’ll post the last part tomorrow or the day after tomorrow.

It’s a Sungmin POV but if I receive good feedbacks maybe I could write a Kyuhyun POV. Only if you guys liked it. What do you think? Author-nim is not that busy ~~

Enjoy and thank you for subscribing even if it’s lame. :<

Comments? Suggestions? Feel free to talk!