Chill, Have Some Beer (The Quiett)

Khiphop One Shots

The line to the main entrance of the club is a long one tonight. Last week, I was just two buildings away, but surprisingly today the line went up longer until it reached one black away from the door. I groaned at myself for being a late head. My friend called me two hours ago and I decided to go an hour ago.

I wasted the other hour sleeping and procrastinating, because really, who doesn’t?

I received 10 missed calls from all of my friends and 7 of that’s from my best friend Layla. She really love me she couldn’t last an hour without having me around.

My phone vibrated in my pocket and I looked at the screen to check who it is.

Layla.

“Hello?” I answered, quietly hoping they’d let me go.

“Where the hell are you, babe? It’s been an hour! My hurts from all the sitting. I can’t have fun without you.” Clearly with her tone right now she’s pouting.

And from all the years we’ve been together, I know she only does this when she’s totally drunk. Her speech slurred and I had a hard time picking out whatever she said. I sighed and walked towards the entrance earning many scowls and bad mouthing from the people behind me.

I barely heard them because all of my focus is pointed towards my best friend. I need to find that girl right this moment even if it meant taking risks and going toward the scary looking bouncer and demand faster entry in the club.

“Miss, you know we got a line tonight. It’s a busy day, sweetheart. You have to be in line.” A serious looking bouncer said with a poker face on.

This one looks familiar because I’ve been in this place for many times. How come he doesn’t know me?

“I have to get in now! Don’t you remember who am I? I went here last time. My best friend’s inside waiting for me already.” I insisted and tried entering, hoping he would let me though.

Luck’s not on my side though.

He easily pulled me aside and whispered in a more frightening tone. “I said get in line, miss.

“Ah, Travis. She’s with me? Don’t you remember? Elizabeth.” A man from behind me said.

Well, now look at that. Who is this person who knows my name? I don’t remember meeting someone the last time, much more talking to a guy, because I’m that ugly friend everyone hates to be. Only that I’m pretty used to it to care.

“Ah, yes I do, Mr. Lim. I’m sorry. She looks quite different tonight. Please, come in.” He politely greeted. I’m not so sure to whom it’s really directed.

“Don’t be so formal, man. You can call me Zino.” He laughed and quickly pulled me inside, drowning out the arguments from the people in the line.

I turned to him and tried to contain the gasp that’s built up inside me. This man is really tall! I wonder what his height is. I suddenly felt so small beside him. He gave me a small smile, as if saying with his eyes that he gets that very often. A lot of people would be surprised, that I know.

“I just want to say thank you for well, picking me out there. I really need to-“But he cut me off as soon as I spoke.

“That’s nothing, Liza. Layla’s been waiting for a while. And she’s really…She had a lot of liquor already. She’s been-well how do I put it-bothering some of my friends with her antics.” He carefully chose all the words he told me.

“Shoot, really? She can’t have more than 5 bottles. Ugh, that woman is a pain in the . I’m so sorry on her behalf. Can you lead me to your table?” I asked him

“Sorry is not going to pay my shirt right? You better have your friend on a leash, hun.” Another guy with a beard and moustache said. His shirt stained with what looked like…vomit?

I closed my eyes and prayed for her being. Layla what the hell have you been thinking? I wanted to smack her on the head and bring her back to her senses for being such an idiot.

“Oh my god, Layla. What the hell did you do? I’d pay for the mess, guys. I promise.” I said to them, and we arrived on their table with a crazy looking girl who is surprisingly my best friend dancing in the middle of the table.

Without second thoughts, I rushed to her and pulled her down. I pushed her to the couch and muttered a lot of apologies to everyone who’s been disturbed with her little show. I smacked my forehead and turned to her. Layla’s giggling like an idiot with her hair so violent and tangled all over her head. Now look at how alcohol can destroy every little dignity you have in you.

“You arrived, babe. That cutie told me you wouldn’t be arriving.” She laughed eyeing a guy with tattoos along his arms who faintly smiled at me. She hugged me, making me fall beside her.

“Of course I did. Look at you! You’re a mess. I told you stop drinking before I arrive, because clearly you can’t handle yourself.” I scolded her and tried fixing whatever I can fix. Her hair, her dress and shoes.

“Ah, look at her scolding her best friend like a mother. You shouldn’t be here. Everyone here don’t really enjoy lectures, Ms. Elizabeth.” The moustache-and-beard guy chuckled and drink from his glass. The way he said my name makes me feel like I’m a college professor.

“Don’t be mean to my babe, Dongab-oppa. She’s really crazy like me too. Only with the right amount of alcohol.” Layla whispered to him as if I am not there listening to her.

“Wow, so the guy have a name. I am not quite interested with whatever your mouth’s saying about me. So please shut your hole, thank you very much.” I smiled bitterly at him and gave him the middle finger.

Zino laughed and patted my back. “Sweet. You deserved that hyung. Don’t speak ill of this girl. She might be the key to get into Layla’s pants- I mean heart.”

I glared at him and punched his arms.

“No one’s getting near my girl, okay? You all don’t qualify.” I stated and tried picking up a half-empty bottle, pouring the contents in an empty glass.

I immediately finished the whole glass and sighed while settling on the sofa. That drink’s pretty good! The best one I’ve had so far in this place. Why haven’t I discovered this before?

“That’s a good drink. What is it called?” I asked to no one in particular, but my eyes landed on the Dongab-oppa guy.

“Efes. Great choice for someone who doesn’t really seem to enjoy drinking. Would you like another bottle, hun? Don’t worry I changed my shirt a while ago.” He grinned pertaining to the vomit-filled shirt he had because of Layla.

I smiled at him and nodded. Another drink with these people didn’t feel bad. I also needed to chill and relax with my best friend for a little while. Clearly, I’ve been missing out.

A lot of girls came over to our table and talked with the three guys. Seemingly, they are pretty famous around the place. It’s packed tonight, but not as full during the weekends. The lights calmed my senses down. It is my stress reliever in many ways. Although the drinking part is the only ‘fun’ that I can do in her. Smoking is too…it’s just not my type. Drugs are illegal. Too illegal in my very own eyes. Vape is much like smoking as well.

“Here you go, Liza. Enjoy your beer.” Dongab said

“Thanks, Dongab…” I answered. Not too sure whether I have to add ‘oppa’ since I don’t really feel that older vibe towards him yet.

“No problem. And also, Dongab’s fine. Cut off the oppa. It only makes me feel old.” He laughed and shook his head.

“Well, you’re really old, hyung. And you like her calling you your name just because you like her enough to place her on the sister-zone.” The little guy said while giving bumping his fist with Zino.

I don’t really blush at these type of compliments, but tonight I did. And Layla’s poking my sides to let me know she saw everything. . I scowled at her and crossed my arms over my chest. She laughed and hugged me, telling me she’s just playing.

Playing my .

She’s clearly pushing me towards the Dongab guy.

And just like an idiot Dongab keeps on eyeing me showing me that he heard and grinning at as if saying ‘Well, don’t you agree?’ I grabbed my beer and opening it. I drank, consuming almost all of the content drowning all the butterflies flying around inside my stomach.