I Dare You (Gray)

Khiphop One Shots

“I dare you to go up to them and say how much you like that Gray guy.” My idiot best friend said that made me gasp in shock.

I regret playing this dare game.

“What? I can’t do that!” I exclaimed, thinking of the possible outcome of our dare.

“Are you saying you’re being a up and is backing down? You suggested this game yourself, idiot!” She said as a matter of fact.

Wow, what harsh words are they. Such a beauty and yet someone with a sharp tongue. I grunted and scanned the crowd in the cafeteria. It is lunch right now and we decided to play a game after we finished out meals. Being stupid, I immediately said truth or dare, but then again it’s all dares and no truths at all.

My gaze landed on their table.

            Gathered and huddled together, Gray and his friends laugh together at some joke Jay said. I bit my lower lip as I stare at the guy who makes my day complete all the time. Gray Lee is a simple guy a side for him being derp at times and flailing his arms around like a psycho everything about him is quite acceptable.

His attention turn towards our table, frowning as to why someone like me is staring at him right now with my mouth probably open.

“What now? Go ahead! You’re such as slowpoke.” My best friend said and shook her head.

I started walking towards table, dramatically citing every prayer I know. I need to calm down, this is just a dare! I thought about it, well the act is a dare, but the part where I like Gray is not a joke. It’s true ever since I laid my eyes on this man. Everything about him makes me happy.

They all stopped laughing and looked surprised when I stopped at their table. Jay, one of the jackass in this group, raised his eyebrows at me and grinned.

“Seems like someone’s lost. What’s up, babe? Who are you looking for? Clearly, all of us here are good-looking so it might be a tough choice for you.” He said while beaming at me which made all of them laugh.

I wanted to smack his head for being a jerk, but that’s not the dare.

"I-I, I'm here...It's because..." I stuttered.

I looked like an idiot struggling for words, but I can't seemtofind any strength totell him even if it'sjust a dare. Ijust can't imagine what would their reaction be.

"Aw, look here! Cat got your tongue? Nobody's going to eat you here, girl. Get a hold of yourself." One of them said while chuckling, the one with the name Elo.

"It's just...IlikeyourgrayandthisisjustadarebutIreallylikeyou so" I said and turned immediatel, but got pulled back by someone pulling my wrists.

Gray.

"I think I caught my name. What is it? Just spit it out. You're words are so jumbled you might be a better rapper than me." He answered.

I took deep breaths and faced him. Whatever happens after this, I hope the gods would bless me.

"I like you. This is just a dare, but the part of me liking you is true. Now just let me go before I go blushing in front of you guys." I said with a raised tone.

Gray's grip on my wrists tightened a bit and he smiled, chuckling at what I just said. His friends are all quiet, but the grin on their faces tell so much about their thoughts. I hate standing here right now. I hate being here. I hate Gray, and I hate my best friend for this stupif dare she suggested.

He pulled me beside him, making me sit down on a chair beside him. I feel like I'm going to be interoggated and asked about that statement I just said. I want to hide away in shame.There's no way they're going to letme get away with this. i glared at my best friend back at our table. The just smiled and mouthed 'Sorry, hun' at me and rushed to go out of the cafeteria, leaving me all alone withy these people I never wanted to bewith in the first place.

"Why Gray though? It could have been me." Jay confidently insisted.

"Well, it's Gray. I can't do anything about that know, can I?" I whispered.

"Is it because I accidentally saw you while youwere in the shower room in the gym-" He started asking with a playful smirk on his face.

I covered his lips before he could even finish telling that story. This ert man.

"Wow, I didn't think you'll be that type of person." Wegun said while wiggling his eyebrows at Gray's direction.

I grunted and stood up from their table, "Can we stop talking about that? Anyway, I have to get going. I still have to eat lunch. I'm starving." I confessed and gray followed and stood beside me to grab my hands.

"Can I buy you anything? Maybe we can do something about that 'dare' of yours so that I'd like you back too?" Hesmiled and looked away, blushing at his stament.

"Smooth move, man! Becareful not toget laid just yet." Simon screamed from the back which made gasp and throw and empty bottle of soda to his direction, hitting him on his chest.

"Jerk!"I screamed at him, while Gray islaughing beside me trying not to be so serious.

Sometimes, his friends are the reason why I'm hating on Gray. That's not of my concern not though since he knows about how I feel.