Chapter 2

I'll love you, definitely

‘Appa! Wakey wakey!’ Someone jumped onto Myungsoo and hitting him on his back. Myungsoo groaned as he threw the attacker off his back and onto the hard wooden floor before returning to his dreamland. A loud wail could be heard and Sungyeol, being a light sleeper, woke up immediately and looked around for the source of noise. He jumped out of bed when he saw the crying Sunggyu sitting on the floor.

 

‘Shh… Who made our prince cry?’ Sungyeol picked up Sunggyu and cooed him.

 

‘M-Myungie appa. H-He threw me off the bed.’ Sunggyu sniffed and Sungyeol wiped his tears away.

 

‘I’ll punish him later. Let appa brush his teeth first, okay? I’ll make you breakfast after that.’ Sungyeol set Sunggyu’s feet onto the ground once again and went into the bathroom, coming out fifteen minutes later smelling of a mixture of aftershave, shampoo and shower gel, hair still slightly damp. He brought Sunggyu down to the living room and played the recorded documentary shows from Animal Planet for Sunggyu before heading to the kitchen to prepare breakfast.

 

‘Morning, Sunggyu ah.’ Myungsoo yawned as he came downstairs, still in his black shirt and sweatpants, his hair was in a mess, and it was pretty obvious that he had just woke up. Sunggyu ignored him and even dodged from Myungsoo’s hug, leaving Myungsoo clueless and puzzled about what was going on.

 

Myungsoo decided to go into the kitchen to ask Sungyeol about Sunggyu but his Sungyeol ignored him as well. When Myungsoo tried to hug Sungyeol and kiss him on the cheek, which was their usual routine of saying ‘good morning’, Myungsoo’s hands were slapped away and was awarded with a glare. Sighing, Myungsoo decided to wash up before breakfast was done so that they wouldn’t step out of the house late.

 

‘Sunggyu, ah~’ Sungyeol was feeding Sunggyu with fruit pancakes and Myungsoo realized he didn’t have any breakfast, since the table was cleared and the only plate that had food on it was Sunggyu’s breakfast.

 

‘Yeobo, where’s my breakfast?’ Myungsoo asked but his husband and son treated him as though he was invisible.

 

‘Can you guys stop giving me the cold shoulders and tell me what I did wrong?’ Myungsoo begged desperately.

 

‘Do you want to tell him, honey?’ Sungyeol whispered into Sunggyu’s ear. Sunggyu thought for a while and nodded.

 

‘Kim Myungsoo. What did you do this morning?’ Sungyeol put down the fork and glared at Myungsoo, putting on his solemn face.

 

‘I… I don’t know.’ Myungsoo gulped.

 

‘Gyugyu ah, tell your stupid Myungie appa what he did this morning.’ Sungyeol turned to Sunggyu.

 

‘Myungie appa threw me off the bed when I was trying to wake him up.’ Sunggyu pouted and hugged his shoulders. Myungsoo’s eyes widened upon hearing that. He ran up to Sunggyu and looked at him up and down, from head to toes, looking out for any injuries. There. He spotted it. There was a huge bruise on Sunggyu’s tiny chubby leg.

 

‘Oh god. Appa didn’t know it’s you. Appa is so sorry.’ Myungsoo apologized with a guilty and worried face. ‘Will you forgive appa, Sunggyu ah?’

 

‘… Unless appa gives me a hug.’ Sunggyu was still pouting cutely.

 

‘Why wouldn’t I?’ Myungsoo engulfed Sunggyu into a big bear hug and gave him a kiss on his tiny forehead. Sunggyu finally broke into a smile and hugged Myungsoo back. Sungyeol, on the other hand, took a picture of his precious baby and his lovely husband with his phone and saved it as his new wallpaper. Myungsoo broke the hug and massaged Sunggyu’s bruised leg a little, hoping it would make it less painful.

 

‘Sunggyu ah, hurry up and finish your breakfast okay? Or you’ll be late for nursery class.’ Sungyeol said as he locked his phone again.

 

‘Okay.’ Sunggyu ate his breakfast on his own in silence. Myungsoo’s stomach let out a loud growl and he furrowed his brows in embarrassment.

 

‘Yeollie, are you really going to starve me?’ Myungsoo pitifully let out.

 

‘Yes, because you totally deserve it for throwing my cute son over here onto the hard ground, so I threw your breakfast into the dustbin. If you want to eat, go and dig the dustbin for it for all I care.’ Sungyeol snorted.

 

‘Myungie appa, Yeollie appa is just kidding. He made your share and it is in the oven.’ Sunggyu laughed.

 

‘Yah! Kim Sunggyu! You’re such a betrayer!’ Sungyeol pretended to be angry and tickled Sunggyu. Myungsoo shook his head and went to take his breakfast. HE didn’t eat it though, since he knew they were already running short on time, so he simply packed the pancakes into two boxes. Laughter could be heard from the dinning room.

 

‘Y-Yeollie appa! S-Stop! Gyu is sorry!’ Sunggyu struggled.

 

‘Guys, time to go.’ Myungsoo appeared again with the two boxes of breakfast in his hand, Sungyeol looked at the boxes then gave Myungsoo a questioning look, but Myungsoo just waved it off.

 

‘Sunggyu ah, remember to be on your best behavior, okay?’ Sungyeol said and Sunggyu happily waved good-bye to him and Myungsoo before nodded and hopped away.

 

‘Kids! Today, I’m going to give you all a seating plan and you guys are going to follow it, if you don’t follow it, you won’t get a cookie from me. IS that clear?’ Yoonji said, holding up a packet of giant cookies and a piece of paper.

 

‘Yay! Cookies!’ Some of the kids cheered.

 

‘Right. Now I want you all to line up in one neat row and when I call out your name, you’ll get seated at the seat I’m pointing to. Roger?’ Yoonji gestured at the numerous small tables and chairs.

 

‘Roger noona/unnie!’ The toddlers chanted cutely, a few even nodded their head profusely.

 

‘Here we go! Taeyeon and Sungjong, first row here, take these two seats.’

 

‘Aw. I’m not sitting with Gyu hyung.’ Sungjong pouted but Sunggyu just replied with a small smile. Of course, he would’ve chosen to sit with Jongie as well, but since the teacher was assigning their seats, he didn’t have a choice here.

 

‘… Sunggyu and Woohyun, over here!’ Yoonji smiled at the two of them. Sunggyu was a little scared, Woohyun didn’t seemed to be fond of him since his day one in nursery.

 

Yoonji then gave every one of them a cookie to nibble and that was when Woohyun talked to him.

 

‘Yah.’ Woohyun poked Sunggyu’s arm.

 

‘I’m not yah. I’m Sunggyu.’ Sunggyu said, taking a small bite of his chocolate chip cookie.

 

‘Whatever. You have two appa?’ Woohyun huffed.

 

‘Yeah. They’re really nice. Yeollie appa is the one that cooks and Myungie appa is the one who take care of me.’ Sunggyu beamed as he recalled about his two great daddies. Much to his surprise, Woohyun scrunched his nose in disgust.

 

‘Ew! You have two appas? Means your parents are gay. Yuck. I don’t want to have anything to do with you. You must be disgusting like them.’ Woohyun snickered and looked everywhere but Sunggyu.

 

Sunggyu felt his heart sank. At first he thought Woohyun was trying to start a conversation with him, but no! And what the hell did ‘gay’ meant? Was it a bad thing to have two appas? But they were wonderful people! Sunggyu was so confused and all of a sudden, his cookie no longer looked appealing and he didn’t want to eat anymore. He didn’t talk for the rest of the say, and Woohyun happily interacted with other students. Sungjong occasionally turned back to give Sunggyu a smile and he seemed to notice something was off, because Sungjong mouthed to Sunggyu ‘Are you okay?’, Sunggyu replied with a fake smile.

 

The day was horrible and Sunggyu was nothing but glad when he knew that his appas were coming over to fetch him home.

 

‘Sunggyu ah!’ Sungyeol called out, expecting Sunggyu to run into his arms happily and chanting how awesome his day at the nursery had been. But no. None of that happened. Sunggyu gloomily walked to him and gave him a half-hearted smile before greeting him.

 

‘Yeollie appa.’ Sunggyu said quietly and Sungyeol almost frowned. Something was off and Sungyeol could tell.

 

‘Sunggyu, how’s your day at nursery?’ Myungsoo cheerfully asked when Sunggyu got into the car. Sungyeol gave him a look and Myungsoo knew something was wrong. ‘What’s wrong, Sunggyu? Did you get bullied?’

 

‘No appa.’ Sunggyu replied. ‘Why can’t I have two appas? What does gay means? Is it really disgusting to be gay?’ Sunggyu asked instead, he was fiddling with the hem of his shirt. Sungyeol and Myungsoo’s eyes widened upon hearing that. Myungsoo immediately pulled up at the side of the road and turned to look at Sunggyu, Sungyeol followed.

 

‘Sunggyu, who told you that term?’ Myungsoo asked and Sungyeol knew Myungsoo was on the verge of getting angry, Sungyeol placed one of his hand on Myungsoo's knee so that he would keep his cool.

 

‘I-I don’t know. Just one of my classmate asked whether I have two appas and then he labelled me as disgusting and didn’t want anything to do with me.’ Sunggyu said and his eyes began to tear up.

 

‘Sunggyu ah, don’t cry okay?’ Sungyeol said softly and Sunggyu looked up, a few tears slide down his cheeks and Sunggyu wiped them away with his sleeves, trying his best not to cry but he failed. Sungyeol got out of the car and joined Sunggyu at the backseat. He motioned to Myungsoo to get them home. Myungsoo started the car again and Sungyeol hugged Sunggyu patting him on the back to make him feel better, all the way till they reach their house.

 

‘Sunggyu, tell me who accuse you of that.’ Myungsoo asked sternly.

 

‘Myung, you’re scaring him. Let me handle this.’ Sungyeol shook his head and Myungsoo let out a groan of frustration before kicking the nearby wall.

 

‘Sunggyu ah, Yeollie appa is going to explain everything to you, okay?’ Sungyeol took a deep breath before continuing. ‘Gay means that you like a guy when you are a guy yourself.  Yes, both your appas are gay, that’s why you have two appas. Your umma, the one who married your appa at first, didn’t know that your Myungie appa is gay, but she found out in the end, that’s why Sunggyu doesn’t live with his umma anymore and your Myungie appa decided to get together with Yeollie appa because we love each other very much. Do you think it is disgusting?’ Sunggyu shook his head.

 

‘Then why did Woohyun found it disgusting?’ Sunggyu asked.

 

‘Well, about this, not everyone can accept the way Yeollie appa and Myungie appa are, that’s why they don’t like it and found it disgusting. I’m glad to know that you aren’t one of them, Sunggyu ah.’ Sungyeol smiled and looked at Sunggyu with a loving look.

 

‘I will never feel that way. I think Yeollie appa has taken great care of me. I’m not going to care about how others feel from now on.’ Sunggyu no longer looked sad, he looked rather serious about this and Myungsoo almost sighed in relief.

 

‘So the kid who upset you is called Woohyun?’ Myungsoo asked.

 

‘Yeah. Nam Woohyun.’ Sunggyu nodded.

 

‘Okay. It’s late enough. Sunggyu, you should take a bath then go to bed, okay? Appa has work tomorrow.’ Sungyeol planted a kiss on Sunggyu’s head and Sunggyu went into the bathroom with Myungsoo.

 

‘I’m going to talk with that kid, I swear.’ Myungsoo was still angry over the matter.

 

‘Chill, Myungsoo. Don’t talk to the kid, talk to his parents. I will make a request to meet Woohyun’s parents tomorrow so don’t get angry anymore, okay?’ Sungyeol kissed Myungsoo and pulled him into a tight hug. Myungsoo unwillingly returned it.

 

‘Thanks, Myungsoo.’ Sungyeol murmured while he fitted his chin on the crook of Myungsoo’s neck.

 

‘Hm? For what?’ Myungsoo asked, a little surprised.

 

‘Today morning. You packed my breakfast. I almost forget about it.’ Sungyeol said, smiling.

 

‘It’s nothing. Seriously, I should be the one thanking you. You have taken care of Sunggyu so well, I can’t imagine being a single parent and bring up Sunggyu on my own.’ Myungsoo replied.

 

‘Don’t say that, Sunggyu’s our son now. I have the responsibility. There’s nothing to thank me about.’ Sungyeol lightly hit Myungsoo’s firm chest.

 

‘Then you shouldn’t be thanking me as well. I’m just doing what all husbands on earth will do.’ Myungsoo smirked when he spotted a small blush tinting Sungyeol’s cheeks.

 

‘Alright, alright. We shouldn’t thank each other anything. Let’s sleep. Or else I’m going to get dark circles.’ Sungyeol laughed and pulled the blanket over him and Myungsoo, his long arms reached for the light switch and switched all the light off.

 

‘Good night Yeollie.’ Myungsoo breathed out.

 

‘Good night to you too Myungie.’ Sungyeol replied.

 

The next day was a pretty typical day, since the cheerful Sunggyu was back and they house was once again filled with laughter and joy. After Sungyeol had made sure Sunggyu had entered the classroom, he went up to Yoonji.

 

‘Yoonji ssi, can we have a word outside?’ Sungyeol put on his charming smile and Yoonji returned it.

 

‘Of course, what is it about?’ Yoonji politely asked.

 

‘I would like to have a word with Nam Woohyun’s parents. Can you help me inform them?’ Sungyeol asked.

 

‘Sure. But may I ask what is it about?’ Yoonji was a little curious.

 

‘Ah, it is something about my son. Since Woohyun is now my son’s table mate and I understand how important it is to let our sons get along well, I just have something to discuss with them. Nothing serious at all.’ Sungyeol said professionally.

 

‘I’ll get that arranged. You will be picking up Sunggyu at the usual time right? I’ll inform Woohyun’s parents.’ Yoonji nodded.

 

‘Thank you. I will take my leave now.’ Sungyeol nodded at her before going back to Myungsoo’s car and they drove away.

 

‘The teacher okay with it?’ Myungsoo asked.

 

‘Yep. We’ll see Woohyun’s parents when we pick up Sunggyu.’ Sungyeol replied, looking out the window.

 

‘I wonder how his parents are like. They must be homophobic.’ Myungsoo chuckled.

 

‘We’ll see at 6pm tonight.’ One side of Sungyeol’s lip pulled up, forming a smirk and Myungsoo followed.

 

Sunggyu didn’t interact with Woohyun, since he was really upset yesterday and he was all cheerful, not letting Woohyun to affect him. Today, Yoonji taught them the alphabets and how to count. Sunggyu liked about that and he drew a cat and an owl since he thought of his appas. He won a piece of chocolate because of his beautiful drawing. Sunggyu got to know more friends and basically, he felt that time passed really quickly.

 

A black car parked outside the nursery and the black suit couple, Sunggyu’s awesome appas, stepped out of it simultaneously. They walked side by side and stepped into the nursery.

 

‘Ah! Mr Kim and Mr Lee, you are finally here.’ Yoonji smiled. ‘Sunggyu is at the playground and Woohyun’s parents were in the classroom, waiting for you guys. I can leave you guys alone right? I have matters to attend to and I have to rush off.’

 

‘Sure, go ahead. We’re just going to have a chit-chat session. Nothing much. But let me say hello to Sunggyu before that.’ Sungyeol smiled. ‘Thank you and sorry for the trouble.’

 

‘It’s nothing. Go ahead, the playground is just there.’ Yoonji pointed at a door and she went out of the nursery.

 

‘Sunggyu ah!’ Myungsoo called out and Sunggyu ran to hug his appa.

 

‘Myungie appa, Yeollie appa.’ Sunggyu cheerfully greeted.

 

‘Sunggyu ah, appa is going to talk to someone so you be good and play by yourself here okay? Don’t go anywhere else or appa will be worried.’ Myungsoo kissed Sunggyu cheek.

 

‘Okay. Gyu will be good and wait here.’ Sunggyu nodded. ‘See you later appa!’

 

‘Have fun, Sunggyu ah. Appa will be back in no time.’ Sungyeol smiled and the both of them headed towards the classroom, where two figure waited for them.

 

Sungyeol and Myungsoo’s eyes widened in shock when they saw who Woohyun’s parents were.

 

‘You-You are Woohyun’s parents?’ Sungyeol and Myungsoo hollered in horror at the same time when the two figures turned to face the handsome couples.

 

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

A/N: Kekekeke! So who are Woohyun's parents? And yes! I finally updated one of my ffs! XD /clap/ Hope you guys enjoyed this and woohoo! Myungyeol are too sweet and Sunggyu is too cute. :P

 

Thank you for subbing, reading, upvoting and commenting! <3 Love you guys sooooo much. :D

 

Please leave me a comment to let me know how y'all like it so far. XD