Chapter 1

I'll love you, definitely

‘Appa!’ Sunggyu stumbled his way from the second floor to the living room, where Myungsoo was reading his morning paper on the couch with the television switched on.

 

‘Aigoo. Our Sunggyu’s awake?’ Myungsoo picked up Sunggyu and sat him onto his lap, tickling Sunggyu’s chin and earned a couple of childish giggle from the kid. ‘Excited for the first day of school?’

 

‘Yes! I’m so excited that I can’t even sleep well last night!’ Sunggyu clapped his hands. ‘Appa, I’ll meet a lot of good friends, right? I will make a lot of friends in there?’ Sunggyu frowned a little, clearly shown that he was worried.

 

‘Of course Sunggyu ah, you’re so cute, appa is sure that they can’t wait to meet you.’ Myungsoo smiled and pinched his son’s cheeks.

 

‘Breakfast’s ready!’ Sungyeol yelled from the kitchen, Myungsoo immediately picked up Sunggyu again and sat him on his high chair at the dining table.

 

When they first married, Myungsoo found out a little more about Sungyeol. He was indeed a caring parent, an amazing dad whom every mother on earth would yearn to have, he was also a caring husband, despite his busy schedule, he cared for Myungsoo, exactly like what a wife would do. Sungyeol totally took good care of Sunggyu, he pampered Sunggyu, but when Sunggyu did something wrong, like doodling on the white walls or played with food, Sungyeol would scold or even spank, depending on the situation and how serious matters were.

 

Well, literally, Myungsoo ended up became the father who pampered Sunggyu all the way. Myungsoo looked at Sungyeol, who was carefully helping Sunggyu to cut his food into smaller pieces and then feed Sunggyu. Myungsoo sighed a little as Sungyeol would put so much attention into taking care of Sunggyu, he himself would forget about his own breakfast. Myungsoo put down his utensils and went to sit beside Sungyeol instead of Sunggyu, picked up Sungyeol’s utensils and cut up Sungyeol’s food into bite size.

 

‘Ah.’ Myungsoo poked Sungyeol’s cheek with one finger and held up his another hand with a forkful of scramble egg.

 

‘It’s okay. I’ll eat after Sunggyu finish eating.’ Sungyeol smiled.

 

‘Ah.’ Myungsoo insisted and glared at Sungyeol, who then obliged and Myungsoo nodded in satisfaction.

 

‘Myungie appa, I want to feed you too!’ Sunggyu said in glee, his small eyes turning into crescent.

 

‘Alright.’ Myungsoo chuckled. Sunggyu was too cute.

 

‘Appa, ah~’ Sunggyu hold up Myungsoo’s plate and pour the remaining food on Myungsoo’s plate all into Myungsoo’s mouth.

 

Sungyeol laughed at Myungsoo’s chubby cheeks while commenting ‘Now who’s the chubby cheek?’ and Sungyeol childishly high-fived the giggling Sunggyu while Myungsoo was struggling to chew the amount of food in his mouth and made faces that clearly showed annoyance.

 

‘Right, we’d better speed up. Appa don’t want to be late for work.’ Myungsoo finally managed to get rid of the food into his stomach and said after looking at the clock, he went back to his, no, Sungyeol’s and his room and took out something from the drawer.

 

‘Appa! I’m ready! Can we go now?’ Sunggyu’s eager voice could be heard from his room.

 

‘I’m coming!’ Myungsoo yelled back while he rushed downstairs, hiding that something behind his back. He knelt down so that he could look at Sunggyu at eye level.

 

‘Sunggyu ah, since today’s your first day to school, I’m going to give you a present, okay? But promise me that you will be good in school and work hard.’ Myungsoo stuck out his picky at Sunggyu while smiling and Sunggyu hooked his own picky onto Myungsoo’s and nodded solemnly. Myungsoo handed a huge paper bag to Sunggyu, patting his head gently before standing up.

 

‘Thanks appa! Wow! I love it!’ Sunggyu hugged Myungsoo’s leg after opening the paper bag.

 

‘You should thank your yeollie appa too. He chose most of the things for you.’ Myungsoo caressed Sunggyu’s cheeks.

 

‘Yeollie appa! Thank you!’ Sunggyu ‘attacked’ Sungyeol who just walked out of kitchen after finishing washing the dishes by hugging one of his long legs like a baby koala.

 

‘You’re welcome. Sunggyu ah, you have to share the packet of sweets with your new friends in school later okay? Or you’ll get tooth decay and need to visit the dentist.’ Sungyeol picked up Sunggyu, not caring whether his suit would be crumpled or not. ‘Let’s go Myungie.’

 

In five minutes, they stood before the nursery and they went in, getting ready to register for Sunggyu, a small kid with very chubby cheeks (oh well, all toddlers are chubby) and mushroom head, holding a robot staring at Sunggyu intensely. Sunggyu looked away from the small boy and tightened his grip on Sungyeol’s hand. Sungyeol noticed and bent down.

 

‘Sunggyu ah, what’s wrong?’ Sungyeol looked at Sunggyu, gravely concerned.

 

‘A-Appa… I’m a little afraid.’ Sunggyu timidly said while looking at the floor, his another hand fiddling with the hem of his shirt.

 

‘Don’t be. You’ll be fine here okay? Trust appa. Today will be very fun.’ Sungyeol reassured Sunggyu and planted a kiss on Sunggyu’s forehead, Sunggyu hesitantly nodded.

 

‘Hello, Sunggyu ah, I’ll be your teacher, you can call me Yoonji noona, let’s go to meet the rest of your friends, alright?’ A beautiful young lady knelt down and looked at Sunggyu while smiling sweetly.

 

‘Bye Myungie appa, bye Yeollie appa.’ Sunggyu waved his parents with a little sadness before he allowed himself to be brought away by the teacher to his classroom, Sunggyu occasionally looked back to look at Sungyeol and Myungsoo, but as soon as he entered the classroom, they were no longer in sight. Sunggyu let out a little sigh.

 

‘Myungie, do you think Sunggyu will be fine?’ Sungyeol looked a little worried as he looked at the classroom door closed slowly and Sunggyu disappeared behind it.

 

‘He’ll be fine. Don’t worry yourself too much, you’ll see him after work anyway.’ Myungsoo said and gave a little squeeze on Sungyeol’s hand before giving him a charming smile that Sungyeol would never be sick of.

 

‘I hope so.’ Sungyeol sighed as he made use of the time travelling to his office to look at one of the case he received lately.

 

‘I’m Sunggyu. Nice to meet you and I hope we can be friends.’ Sunggyu said in his calm and slightly nervous voice. HE was the last one to introduce himself.

 

Sunggyu’s small eyes scanned the whole classroom and the faces of his classmates, trying to remember every detail and everyone of them. When he spotted someone, he froze. It was the mushroom head boy that stared at him during the registration, and what was his name again? Woo… Woo what? Woohoo? Sunggyu decided to save himself from all the troubles and concentrate on what the teacher was saying.

 

‘Right, class, since this is your first day in the nursery, you might as well get to know each other.’ Yoonji clapped her hands. ‘You are all free to play with anything in this room, no fighting okay?’

 

‘Yes, Yoonji noona/unnie’ The bunch of toddlers replied in harmony and cheered.

 

Sunggyu just felt awkward. He didn’t know how to start a conversation and was worried. Well, he wanted to make friends but it seemed so difficult to make even one. A small hand tapped his shoulder and gave him a shock. He jumped and turned to look who it was. It was a girl with big eyes and short hair like a boy.

 

‘Hi! What is your name?’ She smiled sweetly. Strange. She sounded like a boy too.

 

‘I’m Kim Sunggyu. Nice to meet you.’ Sunggyu slightly bowed out of politeness.

 

‘I’m Lee Sungjong. Let’s be friends! You looks older than me so I’ll call you Gyu hyung is that fine?’ She squealed and Sunggyu looked at her with confused eyes. Wasn’t hyung for guys?

 

‘Aren’t you suppose to call me oppa or something?’ Sunggyu pointed out while furrowing his eyebrows slightly.

 

‘Oppa? I’m not a girl Gyu hyung!’ Oh. So ‘she’ is a guy after all. No wonder ‘she’ had short hair like him. ‘How can you mistaken me as a girl?’

 

‘I’m so sorry Sungjong. I’ll call you Jongie then!’ Sunggyu smiled, he suddenly remembered about the sweets in his bag and took them out. ‘Have some of these. Appa asked me to share with my friends or I’ll get tooth decay for being selfish.’

 

‘Hm… I’ll take the lemon flavor. Thanks Gyu hyung!’ Sungjong happily unwrapped the lollipop and stuff it into his mouth. ‘Let’s go and make more friends!’

 

And one by one, they got to know most of the kids in the same class. Yes. Most. Sunggyu stopped Sungjong from approaching Woohoo or whoever he was because Sunggyu was afraid of him. So practically, Sunggyu got to know all the other kids. Kibum, Jonghyun, Taemin, Yongguk, Taeyeon, Yuri and more. He took only one lollipop before giving the rest to the rest of his classmates. Apart from the kid who scared him, he felt that today was a fun day, since he got to play games and toys with others.

 

‘Gyu hyung, I’ve got to go. My umma is here. See you tomorrow!’ Sungjong waved as he got into one of the cars waiting for the dismissed kids, Sunggyu waved back. Just as he was waiting for his appas to come and fetch him, he sat on a bench and stared at the busy road.

 

‘Sunggyu ah!’ A tall figure entered the nursery and Sunggyu jumped up. It was Sungyeol. Sunggyu rushed into Sungyeol’s opened arms and Sungyeol picked him up. ‘Aigoo. Did my baby have fun today?’

 

‘Yes!’ Sunggyu nodded his head frantically and wore a big smile.

 

‘I’m so glad to hear that.’ Sungyeol’s nose nuzzled Sunggyu’s cheek a little and Sunggyu laughed as it tickled him. ‘Let’s get going. Your Myungie appa will be dying to see his little prince.’

 

Sunggyu hugged Sungyeol’s neck as they walked out of the nursery and towards a black car.

 

‘How’s the first day Sunggyu ah? Nobody bullied you right?’ Myungsoo asked worriedly. Sungyeol hid a laugh. He was the one paranoid in the morning and Myungsoo became the paranoid one when Sunggyu returned. Sunggyu shook his head and shared his day with both of his parents.

 

‘Wow. That’s great. I’d like to meet Jongie one day.’ Myungsoo broke into a smile as he parked the car.

 

‘What do you want to eat today, Sunggyu?’ Sungyeol asked as he held Sunggyu’s hand and unlock the door to their home.

 

‘Lasagna!’ Sunggyu shouted and Sungyeol laughed at his son’s cuteness, also remembering his first experience of eating lasagna with Myungsoo. Myungsoo seemed to be thinking the same thing since he blushed.

 

They indeed had lasagna that night. After the delicious meal, Sungyeol proceeded to wash up and Myungsoo help Sunggyu to bathe so that he could go for his bedtime.

 

‘I think we’re worrying too much.’ Sungyeol said to Myungsoo, who was reading a book on their king size bed.

 

‘Yeah. Sunggyu is independent enough.’ Myungsoo answered half-heartedly as he was concentrating on his book. Sungyeol pouted. He hated half-hearted answers. He went up to Myungsoo and snatched his book away.

 

‘Hey!’ Myungsoo stared at his husband with widened eyes. ‘What are you doing? Give me back my book.’

 

‘Am not going to give you back.’ Sungyeol stuck out his tongue at Myungsoo and Myungsoo got out of bed, jumping onto Sungyeol. The both of them landed on the floor with a loud ‘thud’.

 

‘And may I ask why, Lawyer Lee?’ Myungsoo smirked as a small blush start to form on Sungyeol’s cheeks.

 

‘No particular reason Mr Kim.’ Sungyeol tried to look somewhere but he couldn’t since Myungsoo’s face was blocking off everything in the room.

 

‘I guess my book offended you then.’ Myungsoo got up and took his book from Sungyeol’s hand, putting it on the small table beside their bed and Sungyeol got up and went to get ready to sleep. So much for messing with his handsome husband. Myungsoo knew the reason, to be honest, that was why he wore a smirk as he stared at Sungyeol.

 

‘What? I’m just trying to joke around. Sleep. Night.’ Sungyeol climbed into the bed and his hand reached for the light switch. As the room had turned dark, Sungyeol felt something on his lips. Something soft and warm.

 

‘Night.’ Myungsoo whispered against Sungyeol’s lips as his arms s around Sungyeol’s slim waist which Sungyeol gladly accepted. They fell asleep within minutes in that cuddling position.

 

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

A/N: Hope I didn't bored you guys with this chapter. ><

 

Thanks for subbing and reading!

Comments are welcomed as usual. :)

 

Happy Birthday to the most handosme choding in the world~~~ (Again. LOL. You can just ignore me. I'm going nuts. :P)