Of Appreciation and Apologies

She's Different

"Okay. Frustrations? Well, I haven't found a job yet. It has been three weeks of searching yet I couldn't get the right work for me. But don't get me wrong. I need a job not for the money but for the experience. I badly need that for my papers to study in France." Chaerin let out a sigh after she revealed what she has been thinking for the whole week.

"Done? Hmm. I will put two slices of garlic and of course the meat and just a small amount of ssamjang." Youngbae carefully applied the chilli paste before he wrapped the lettuce.

"Hey. Isn't that too plain? Are you trying to imply that my problems are nothing compared to yours?" Chaerin raised her voice as she was clearly offended with what Youngbae said. It was a game but he clearly pushed her buttons. That frustration was her biggest problem but it seemed like Youngbae was not feeling it that way.

"Wait. Wait. Calm down, Chaerin. I didn't mean to offend you." Youngbae raised both of his hands as he gestured Chaerin to sit down and calm herself. "I just think that you don't have to be frustrated with that problem anymore, though."

"Huh?!" Chaerin raised her voice again, this time with her eyebrows- a sign that she's absolutely irritated and confused.

"Fine. I think I can help you with that problem so you need not to be frustrated...."

Chaerin was still bemused as she saw Youngbae's lips formed into a tiny smile.

"because I am going to recommend you, my temporary samgyupsal buddy, to have a job and become one of the staffs in YGE."

 

"What?!" Chaerin loudly blurted out which caused a few of the restaurant crew to take a glance at them. Her hands were gripping the table and she's sending the "I-am-actually-surprised-but-I-don't-believe-you" glares to the man who was smirking right in front of her.

"I'll recommend you to YG's head staffs." Youngbae plainly stated as he took a shot of soju. His gaze also not leaving Chaerin's.

"Why would you do that? We're not even friends." Chaerin retorted, with the great emphasis on the last sentence.

"Oh." That burned Youngbae's ego as his lips were formed into an "O." "I thought we were friends since we have been with each other for quite a time."

"I was your coordi few weeks ago. Nothing more than that."

"And you're my temporary buddy now. Buddy meaning friend. So we're friends." Youngbae didn't seem to listen to her which made Chaerin even more annoyed. This guy in front of her knows exactly how to take revenge with the way he tries to push her buttons. Instead of extending their argument (which was already getting the curious eyes and ears of other people), she just gave him one last glare and took a shot of soju. She thought Youngbae would stop if she would insist to back down first. As to her surprise, she saw him extend his hand in front of her.

"Come on? My hand can't possibly wait forever?"

"You have your stupid ways." She grunted but because she didn't have the choice. From all the days they have been working together, this man would keep on insisting what he wants and that she wouldn't win at this time. So as to stop his mouth and that they could just peacefully eat and get things over with, she decided shook hands with him as if she totally agreed.

 

- -

 

*After one month*

Chaerin's POV

 

It has been a number of weeks since I stopped having that extra job as a coordinator for that rascal.

I only worked with him for about three weeks and I only met him for eight times since I was asked by Unnie to be her substitute. It was actually fun but every time I remember how that Taeyang annoyed me so much, I kinda regret accepting the offer.

And if you are going to ask me about his samgyupsal ritual? Well, that turned out so bad more than I could ever imagine. He asked me to be his friend and even promised me a job. Not that I expected anything but it would actually be a good thing for me. Idols just say words they don't actually mean. Tch. Anyway, I have a new job now here at a fashion store in Cheongdam-dong. I'm working as one of their consultants and I have to check their new clothes and I only had to send designs for their approval every week.

I am way too lucky to have found this job and the payment is good. I just have to be present for just three times a week. Also, this is for my resume so that I can finally go to France and meet my dad.

"Chaerin-ah." I heard one of the staffs called me downstairs. I am currently finishing one of my suit designs.

"You have a call." Call? Who would call me at work during this hour and how could someone know the number here?

I picked up the phone beside me because the staff would direct it to my line. "Wae?"

"Chaerin-ah!"

"Unnie? Hyesu unnie?"

"Neh. It's me. Are you busy? I kinda need you here." Mwo? Need me? How did Unnie even know I was here? I haven't told her I have this work since we weren't able to see each other for a month. She's been busy with that YG Family Tour and she went to Japan.

"I'm at work but I can go there. Is there something wrong? How did you e--"

"Just go here, arasso? I'll wait for you before noon. Bye." Then she hung up the phone.

Aigoo. Seems like I really had to go there and skip lunch.

 

- -

 

Author's POV

 

Chaerin took a cab so she could go as fast as she could at Hapjeong-dong. It was almost 12 noon and she have to be back at the shop at 2 for a meeting. She's at the building's lobby and the guard easily recognized her.

She glanced at her watch and her eyes carefully scanned the floor. She wouldn't want to see anyone unnecessary.

"Chaerin!" She saw her unnie rushing towards her. Chaerin stood up from her seat and met the lady. "Unnie. You don't need to hurry. What's the matter?" She worriedly asked with a curious expression on her face.

"I have a good news for you." Hyesu said in between gasps of breath.

"Huh?"

"You'll now be an official coordinator, Chaerin! You've got the chance!" Hyesu squealed and quickly hugged Chaerin in delight.

"What?!" Chaerin could just gasp. She was just thinking about this a few days ago and now? Could it be possible that a devil actually worked his ways for that?

 

*After twenty minutes*

 

Chaerin and Hyesu went to the third floor where the major offices of YG are located. Chaerin has been there waiting for the coordinators' head while Hyesu left after a few minutes because she had to rush to Busan for an artist's movie press conference.

Chaerin was sitting on the couch as she tried to contact the manager of thecouture shop. It's nearly 1pm and she needs to return by 2pm- if ever she would still have the chance. She's also a little hungry but she tried to shrug that feeling off.

She was still in shock with what her unnie told her. She didn't expect that it would happen after a month. She'd be an officially coordi not just a substitute for someone. "That rascal has his own ways of keeping an insane ritual." She suddenly thought as she remembered what happened four weeks ago.

"Ms. Chaerin?" She heard a man's voice as the door opened. The man is wearing a fitted gym shirt and short pants with his signature cap and eyeglasses.

Chaerin stood up from the couch and bowed her head as she saw him.

"Annyeong." She politely greeted which the man accepted.

"Sorry to keep you waiting. I am Hwangssabu and they call me Ssabu-nim here. I am not the head of the coordis but she's out in Busan so she asked me to be the one to talk to you. Please take your seat." The man politely told Chaerin and she followed.

"You'll be starting your work on Saturday. Hyesu already submitted some of your papers a week ago. It's our pleasure to have someone that has expertise on fashion." Hwangssabu said in his seat as he handed a black folder to Chaerin. The latter opened the folder and saw that it's an employment contract.

"It's also a great opportunity, Sir. But may I ask, I still have a job commitment in Cheongdam-dong I don't---"

"One staff already talked to the owner of the shop. Hyesu told us about it. Your manager agreed that you just have to send emails and designs every two weeks and they will still honor your contract." Hwangssabu gave her a reassuring smile as he put a pen on the desk in front of them.

"Oh." is the expression Chaerin was able to utter. She was amused. It's just for a coordi job yet they had done something like contacting a shop which would rather be inconvenient for them.

"We are in need of good coordis, Ms. Chaerin. We heard about you and you have been a temporary coordi before. We want you to be part of our family. If you want, you can also meet your future dongsaengs."

"I am really happy for this,Sir. Thank you very much." Chaerin said after she signed the contract. She extended her hand which Hwangssabu-nim took.

"Don't thank me and You are absolutely welcome." Hwangssabu-nim gave her a laugh before he stood up. "Shall I let you meet your dongsaengs?" He opened the glass door.

"I am excited to meet them, Sir." Chaerin nodded as she followed Hwangssabu on the way out.

 

- -

 

Chaerin entered the lift and she was assisted by another lady. Hwangssabu said that the woman is also a coordi of YG Actors and Actresses. Ssabunim still have to go to the gym to train a girl group. Chaerin thanked her though before she went inside the elevator.

"Annyeong. I am Ahyeon." The girl greeted her with a beam on her lips. "Hi. I am Chaerin. Thanks for accompanying me." Chae answered.

"It's a good thing to know a new coordi. I am glad to meet you, unnie." Ahyeon told her. "Me too." She replied with a smile before they went out of the lift as it reached the fifth floor.

The two of them passed through a number of rooms and two big recording studios. At the far end of the floor, they stopped in front of a big glass door which has the label "S/S Photo shoot."

As they were inside, numerous staff (cameramen, PDs, lighting assistants) greeted them. They are particularly staring at her for she's the new face. She just gave them a small bow and a smile.

The whole floor is filled with black and white colors of furniture. It looks classy and sophisticated. Chaerin finds the whole set up astonishing. It fits her taste and she can now imagine what type of clothes will fit in this scene. "This is not a so-so photo shoot." She thought as they walked pass through the set.

They reached the rooms of the idols. Chaerin is excited to meet whoever she'll work with. She doesn't even mind that she has to go back to her office. Ahyeon then opened the door.

"Boys, here is your new coordi-noona." Ahyeon cheered as Chaerin saw how five heads turned to look at her. Their eyes lit up with delight and warm welcome.

"Omo." The youngest one with the cute hairstyle and sharp eyes yelled.

"Hi?" Chaerin gave an awkward grin as she waved her hand at them.

"Annyeong, Noona!" The five boys happily chorused as they gave their bows as greeting.

"I'll just leave you here, Chaerin. Feel free to talk to them." Ahyeon winked and let Chaerin go inside the room.

"Arasso." Chaerin saw Ahyeon left and then she started to look at the idols in front of her. They are young yet stunning.

"You are all so cute." She suddenly said as the five boys are still staring at her.

"Sit here, noona!" The tallest one offered a red high-chair. "Please be comfortable with us, noona-ssi. I am Seunghoon." He beamed and another guy pushed him to the left. "Hi, pretty noona! I am Jinwoo." He extended his hand and Chae shook it lightly. She wants to giggle at how adorable these boys are.

"Ya. You are startling noona!" The one at the farthest back warned the others which stopped them. He then walked in front of Chaerin who was still standing beside the chair.

"Sorry, noona. We are just happy to see you. I am their leader, Seungyoon. Coordis here call me Yoonie." He smiled. "You have just met Seunghoon and Jinwoo." He pointed at the two on his left. "And here's Taehyun." The latter waved his hands at Chaerin. "And the one beside him is---"

"I am Song Minho. You can call me Mino." The guy with a cap greeted her. His deep voice caught her attention and she closely looked at him. He kinda reminded her of the guy whom she had worked with a few months ago.

"Hi, everyone. I am Lee Chaerin. You can call me Chaerin. If you want." She grinned. "I'll be glad to work with you all and I hope we can have a happy and good relationship."

"Oops, Noona. I think Ahyeon-noona forgot to say something. As much as we want to work with you.." That was Jinwoo.

"Each of us has an individual coordi. And you are just assigned with..." That was Taehyun.

"Me. I am happy to meet you, noona." That was Mino who gave her a smile which actually resembles the smile of the guy she had been thinking moments ago.

 

- -

 

*After three weeks*

 

Chaerin is now inside a cab on her way to Seoul Olympic Museum. It has been her third week in her job as a coordi and today, she is up for YG Family Concert.

If you'd ask her about those three weeks? She has been completely good. At first, she found it kinda difficult for Winner was up for a number of photo shoots and interviews. It was their debut week when she was accepted as Mino's coordi. But as the days passed by, everything got better. Mino is a good guy and she treats him as her younger brother. He always follow her suggestions although he also tells her what particular style he wants to have. Mino, as well as the other Winner members, is also thoughtful to her. There was one time when they had a shoot in YG Building which ended at 1am. Chaerin fell asleep at around 11pm inside the studio. When she woke up at around 2am, she found a thin blanket wrapped around her shoulders and a cup of coffee on her table. She was certain that it was either Mino or Seungyoon who did that for her.

If you'd ask her about her other job? She was also doing great. She just sent some designs of wedding gowns last week. Her boss even praised her.

Indeed, for the entire three weeks, she was absolutely grateful. However, there was still one thing that she wasn't able to do. She knows she should have thanked him sooner but she didn't have any chance. She hasn't seen him in the building nor in the common places where YGE often hold its MV and photo shoots. Chaerin was even tempted to ask Hyesu for his number but she doesn't want to text him first. He might ignore her. But deep inside, she really wants to send her gratitude and probably a sorry for not believing his words.

"We're here." The cab driver broke her thoughts as they arrived in front of the stadium. There are already a number of people although it's just 11:30 in the morning. Chaerin paid the fare and got off the taxi. She walked towards the stadium and showed her identification card. She then proceeded to the backstage and then to Winner's room.

"Noona!" Mino welcomed her as he was eating a cup of instant ramen. She also saw Yura (Jinwoo's coordi) and Seohyun (Seunghoon and Seungyoon's coordi).

"Where are the others?" Chaerin asked as she sat beside Mino on the couch.

"They are outside with some Bigbang hyungs. I think they are with Seungri hyung and Daesung hyung because the two arrived early." Chaerin felt her heart skipped a beat as she heard that group name. "They are eating Ssabunim's packed lunch"

"Ya! So you are here because you are hiding from ahjussi?" Chaerin gently hit Mino's right arm.

"Sshh. I haven't had this in a while noona." Chaerin heard the other coordis were giggling as Mino was trying to mumble that sentence.

"He asked us to think of alibis for him." Seohyun revealed which made Mino shook his head. "Noona!!"

"Just give him a lesson Chaerin-ah. We'll just check on the others." Yura said as they get out of the room, still chuckling with Mino's mishap.

"This kid. Aigooo." Chaerin is stopping herself from laughing. "Fine. Finish that food and please don't do this again or else I would report this to ahjussi!" Chaerin warned as she wagged her index finger in front of Mino.

"Noona is the best! Jjang!" Mino chuckled and started eating his ramen again.

"Seohyun told me the things I should do for you later. It's my first time here in YG Family Concert so guide me, okay?" Chaerin instructed as she was tying her hair into a bun.

"Mhhm!"

"And I have to fix your hair too so eat fast." Chaerin added. She's now checking the various clothes in the closet.

"Noona, have you met the Bigbang hyungs? I can introduce them to you if you want. They are familiar with Seohyun and other noonas. You should too." Mino said as he finished his food and threw it at the bin near the door.

"I will meet them soon." Chaerin plainly said, hiding a tinge of something in her voice.

"Brush your teeth then let's start, okay?" Chaerin changed the topic as Mino went inside the shower room. "Arasso, noona!"

- -

After almost three hours, Chaerin was able to eat her lunch as Mino prepared himself for the concert. For that three hours, Chaerin also helped the other Winner boys and even had a fun time rehearsing their songs backstage.

At 3:30pm, she's currently fixing Mino's hair for Winner's first number. Taehyun was seated at the far right of his hyung, his coordi is applying some cream on his neck.

"Noona, please fix this side." Mino asked as he was checking his hair by looking at the mirror.

"Okay. Wait up." Chaerin went behind Mino's chair and started to fix the younger guy's hair when the door suddenly opened.

"Yo! Yo! Yo!" Chaerin heard that familiar voice from the man who just got in the room. She glanced at the mirror and her familiarity was indeed right. It's Taeyang who's wearing his muscle tee and a Chrome Hearts jeans and cap.

"Hyung-nim!" The two boys welcomed him and showed their smiles. YB was standing near the closet, the one at their backs.

"Hi Minho and Taehyun-ssi. And to you, Hana-ssi." He also greeted Taehyun's coordi. Chaerin just tried to ignore his presence and she's now fixing Mino's mic.

"Hyung! Greet my new noona too. She's Chaerin-noona. Noona, that's our Youngbae hyung." Mino tapped Chaerin's hand as he motioned her to greet his hyung.

"Hi, Chaerin-noona!" Youngbae teased. Chaerin gave him a sarcastic smile and just continued with what she's doing.

"Is your new coordi doing a good job? Hana-ssi has been here for a year already." Youngbae asked as he went to the side of Taehyun's coordi, the side near the door.

"She's doing good, oppa. She is also friendly to us." The coordi answered. The two boys nodded in agreement.

"She also takes care of us hyung especially for Mino-hyung. She was even assisting him in our practice." Taehyun added. "We really like our Chaerin-noona."

Chaerin couldn't help but smile at their words but she had to hide that smile because she knows that Taeyang would just at the end.

"I see. Glad that my dongsaengs are doing so well. I look forward to your performances later." Taeyang told them. He was about to go out when Seungyoon went in the room.

As he went inside, he rushed to Youngbae's side and then said, "Oh, hyung! Have you already seen noona? You have been looking for her a few weeks ago? At the shoot you even left a----" he was cut off when Youngbae forced a loud laugh and held his shoulders.

"Seungyoon and I need to talk. Nice meeting you, new coordi and See you later, Taehyun, Mino. Also Hanna-ssi." He grinned as he pushed Seungyoon towards the exit.

Chaerin and the other three shook their heads as all of them were puzzled with what Seungyoon said and what just have happened.

 

- -

 

The show started at 5pm and it ended at around 9. Throughout the night, Chaerin helped Mino put his clothes on especially that big mic for Doom Dada performance. She also styled his hair and helped him retouch. By the end of the show, she was completely tired but the idols are even more exhausted.

She assisted Mino as they wrapped up his things. He was inside the shower by around 10pm while Chaerin prepared his clothes. After that, Chaerin went out of the room to check what's outside. Besides, she was inside that room for almost half of the day so she needs some new atmosphere.

As she was out, she sat on the big bench along the corridor. She was stuffing some towels in a bag when she felt someone was beside her.

"Hey." She heard that someone mumbled. She snapped her head to her right and saw Dong Youngbae in his most terrible appearance (a/n: in her eyes only . Lol) for he's dripping with sweat.

"The concert was over for almost an hour. Why do you still look like shizz?" Chaerin asked.

"I... helped the staffs outside... because... we lack. ..a number of... assistants. ..today." He said in between gasps of breath. "But.. don't tell Jiyong and others." He leaned his head on the wall.

"You are so persistent than ever. Good thing you don't have that stupid hairnet anymore. Uhmm.. Here.." Chaerin got one of the white towels in the bag and she gently wiped the sweat on YB's arms and neck. "Wait for at least thirty minutes before you take a shower and.."

Chaerin gave Youngbae a disgusted look which made the latter raise his eyebrows. "How come you have confetti on your hair again?" She shook her head. "You are horrible." She then picked up the yellow pieces of paper sticking on his head. "You should wash your hair later. Aigoo." After that, Chaerin wiped the beads of sweat on his forehead. Not realizing that they were both too close.

Youngbae was just looking at her as she was pre-occupied on wiping his face. He smiled upon realizing that she certainly had no idea of their distance. With that, he sat up and held the towel on Chaerin's hand.

"Just don't tell anyone inside about what I have done. Okay?" He flashed his smile again and he went back on resting his back on the chair. Chaerin just rolled her eyes and closed the bag beside her. There was an awkward silence and she was about to stand up when she remembered that she still owes him a thank you and a sort of apology.

"Uhhmm.. I-- "Chaerin stuttered. She silently cursed at herself. Why does she have to feel shy all of a sudden?

"You?" Youngbae curiously asked, gazing right at her eyes.

"I.. I just want to say thank you. There I said it." She was clasping her hands trying while trying not to look at the guy beside her.

"Thank you for what?" But this guy was actually teasing her, she gave him a glare.

"You know what I'm thankful for. I thank you for giving me this job. I know if not for you, I wouldn't be accepted. I didn't expect that you would actually do what you said while we were eating barbeques before. Again, thank you." Youngbae gave her a nod and a big smile which made Chaerin regret talking to him at that moment. "But I would take that back if you wouldn't flash off that stupid grin."

"What?" He chuckled. "You don't have to thank me that much. If you weren't qualified enough, those noonas wouldn't hire you even if I'd tell them about you. You're also doing a great job and all of them actually like you. Keep it up. But still, I was very glad to know that my charms worked." He nodded at himself as he crossed his arms. Chaerin would want to whack his head for his cockiness. This guy gave her a big bucket of annoyance. He just complimented her and told her not to be that grateful towards him but suddenly, he praised himself back.

"If you say so. I wouldn't disagree even if I wanted to." She jokingly raised both her arms up as if she surrendered. She then held the bag of towels and stood up.

"I hav--"

"One more thing." Youngbae cut her words and handed her back the towel he used. "Thank you for helping me get rid of those yellow papers and for keeping my secret."

"It's fine but don't be too persistent or else they would know about it." Chaerin gave him a small smile before she turned back and walked towards Winner's room.

 

 

- -

 

AUTHOR'S NOTE

HI EVERYONE!!!!

 

First, I am sorry for fail descriptions of Winner boys. T.T I am not exactly a fan but I find them relevant to be included in this fic. (Especially, Mino! My friend likes him so much. hehe.) Please do correct me if I put some wrong things or have written something bad. I will gladly correct them. :)

Second, I'm back! :3 Sorry if my updates are so slow and I even promised to update whenever the story has subbies. T.T I got busy with school works and I got sick for a week so I can't update fast. :( But I promise that I will update this fic starting from today til Sunday. ♥ I hope you liked this chappie. And also, PLEASE DO LEAVE SOME COMMENTS BECAUSE I NEED THEM AS ENERGY CRYSTALS HAHAHAHA. (I WILL ALSO UPDATE MY OTHER FIC SOME TIME THIS WEEK. ♥)

Third, THANK YOU FOR THE WONDERFUL 27 SUBBIESSS!! I HOPE WE ALL GROW MORE IN NUMBER BECAUSE I WANT TO SPAZZ MORE ABOUT SUNSKY. HIHIHIH.

 

PLEASE DON'T FORGET YOUR COMMENTS AND FOR NEW READERS, HI! YOU ARE WELCOME TO SUBSCRIBE.

LOVE.LOVE.LOVE

-bananapanda