Hate at First Sight?

She's Different

"Congratulations Taeyang-ah!"

"Congratulations Hyungnim!"

"Congratulations Youngbae!"

 

Youngbae accepted all the praise and greetings of numerous idols at the backstage. He was smiling at them and he even bowed at the others. The live broadcast of MCD just ended and he just received his second win for Eyes, Nose, Lips. He was so happy about it. The smile and the trophy he's holding are enough proof.

"CONGRATULATIONS TAEYANG-AH!" A loud cheer welcomed him as he entered his dressing room. All the staffs were saluting his hard work with claps and grins. He bowed at them in return then he said, "Gomawo yeorobun! I got it because of all your help. Let's work and continue to win for our team!" He then raised the trophy and everyone clapped. There were around 15 people in the big dressing room.

As the cheers subsided, Hwangssabu-nim patted Youngbae's shoulder, "Daebak, Youngbae-ah. Now fix yourself because YG needs you to go to his office for a meeting."

"Yes, hyungnim. Thank you." The two of them exchanged bows and he walked to the far right of the room, in front of the dresser.

"Yo! Yo! Yo!" He chanted as he playfully tiptoed towards the stylists in front of his table. All of them laughed because of his funny actions. Taeyang is always like this whenever a performance of him ended. He likes to cheer people around him who are working hard for him and the group.

He reached his table which was full of different hats and caps. He then saw his coordinoona who was sitting on the folding chair. He also saw a woman beside her. "I don't remember him being a part of the staff. She's probably a new face." He wondered inside his head. He shrugged off the thoughts and poked his noona's shoulder.

"Hyesu noona!" Youngbae called. The woman who has a curly hair tilted her head to look at him.

"Youngbae-ah! Chukahae!" She greeted and stood up to help Youngbae remove his mic and his white cap. She's one among the selected coordinoona of YG artists. She's assigned to Bigbang particularly to Taeyang and Seungri.

"I did great, right noona?" Youngbae asked while wiggling his eyebrows. He treats Hyesu as his noona at work. She has been with them for around two years already.

"You did. You deserve the second win." The coordinoona said happily as she slid the mic inside a bag and handed a white shirt to Youngbae.

"I told 'ya. I can now wear my style without consulting you. Fans love it. Isn't it? Is my performance really good, noona?" Youngbae curiously asked as he was about to pull off his tank top

"Ye--"

"Your performance was okay but your style is not that great." Hyesu was interrupted by the girl who was beside her. That comment stopped Youngbae from changing his top. He blinked and looked at the girl at the left of his noona.

 

She's blonde- that's the first thing he noticed as he squinted his eyes.

 

"I'm sorry but what did you say?" He answered back. He could see his noona who was also looking at the girl, whom he assumed was her friend.

"You're just joking Chae, right?" Hyesu nervously asked.

The girl ignored Hyesu and raised her eyebrow while looking at Youngbae. "I said your style doesn't look good. Not even appealing."

"What?" Youngbae raised the tone of his voice. He has that surprised and annoyed look plastered on his face.

"Bae, she's just---" Hyesu tried to interrupt them but her phone suddenly rang. She had to run as she glanced at her phone. It was one of the head staffs. "Excuse me.. Chae, just stop it." She left the two and answered her phone outside.

"Are you deaf? I've just repeated it. This will be the third time. Your. style. does. not. suit. you." She smirked without even fidgetting on her seat.

Youngbae scooted closer to the girl. "Just who on Earth is she?" He told himself.

 

"Can you further explain that?" He scoffed while looking straight at the eyes of the girl. She's new here. He doesn't even know her but he's quite sure that she knows him.

 

"Hmmm." She tapped her chin with her finger. "There's no doubt that you are a good singer. You performed well. You deserve the win but I strongly think that your style is not appealing. Yes, it was unique from all those shiny, shimmering costumes for a performance but there's something wrong with your style. And I think, you should've asked unnie about it." She looked at him from head to toe as if examining him. She then nodded and grinned.

 

With the comment he just heard, Youngbae laughed sarcastically. His eyes not leaving her gaze. "Excuse me, miss. I don't

know you. I am respecting your view on my style because I know that I can't please anyone but can you tell me what right do you have to totally say right in front of my face that my style is not good?" He was able to say that in a calm manner but deep inside, he was annoyed. This was the first time someone gave him a hard blow with a comment. He was used to it, actually. He was teased by s about his braids and funny hair on Monster MV before. Some of the staffs and his friends even commented on his weird clothes that he used to wear in a fashion show when he was with Jiyong. But all didn't matter to him because they were all close to him or he knows them, at least. He also ignore the negative comments by netizens too. They are just posting it on the internet, he thought. They could never say those s right in front of him. But now, this girl definitely crossed the line.

 

"Oh. I'm Chaerin. I am a fashion design graduate and I am Hyesu Unnie's cousin." She smiled. Youngbae looked at her more intently. She was wearing a stretch-knit crop top and flaired skirt paired with heeled sandals. It was an enough proof that this girl knows how to mix and match clothes and accessories.

"Chaerin, huh? I see. Now, justify your comment." Youngbae challenged not minding the fact that he really has to change his clothes.

"The tank top is fine. The pants is fine. The shoes is cool. It was almost good, Taeyang..." Unknowingly, a small smile was formed on his lips when he heard her call his name. ".. but it was ruined with just one thing.." Chaerin then leaned forward which closed the gap between them. Her head was almost close to his chest. Youngbae suddenly thought if she was a sasaeng but he just let her close. Chaerin then reached something from the table and got back to her position. She raised something which made Youngbae creased his forehead.

"This." Chaerin smirked as she was holding the white hair net Youngbae wore a while ago. Youngbae immediately snatched it from her grasp then he held it in his right hand.

"That is for my hair, miss. It's part of my unique style, if you'd ask." He hissed.

"Well, you can fix your hair in a way that it won't mess your face and performance. The net is distracting the viewers. Your fans are probably curious about that too. Fine, it's your style. We all have different tastes but I am just trying to tell you that it doesn't look good on tv." She plainly stated and smiled at him.

Youngbae was about to answer back when Hyesu went back to the room. "Youngbae-ah. You need to hurry. The car is waiting for you! Change now, ppali!!" She urged not noticing the tension between the two.

Before he even had the time to give his final words to the girl, Chaerin stood up from her seat and strode near the door where Hyesu was getting her kit. Youngbae's back was facing them. "Unnie, I gotta go now. Thank you for allowing me to visit your job. I'll see you soon." The two of them hugged each other before Chaerin stepped out of the room, "Good bye, Taeyang!" She yelled before she walked off. Youngbae just shook his head and proceeded on changing his clothes. He was totally pissed but he tried not to mind it. She was just a random person, anyway.

As he wore his shirt, he put on the net and the cap on his head. He smirked when he faced the mirror. If he wants the style, no matter how someone doesn't like it, he's going to pull it off and will still manage to look appealing.

"Youngbae-ah! Ssabu-nim is already calling you."

"I am gonna be there in a jiffy." He answered and had one last look at the mirror.

 

- -

 

After a week.

 

It was a shooting day for Inkigayo this Sunday. Youngbae was carrying a cute, bright girl in his arms while Tablo was walking beside him.

 

"Haru-ah. Go first to Uncle Taeyang's dressing room, arrasso? Appa is going to go back to the car because I forgot my phone." Tablo said to his daughter who just nodded in return. "Don't worry hyung, I will take care of my superstar." Taeyang assured the older.

As soon as they reached Taeyang's room, Tablo patted Haru's head and immediately walked towards the elevator. Taeyang then went inside and let Haru sat on the big yellow couch. He already saw a number of staffs inside.

"Haru-ah, just stay here, arasso? I am just going to look for my coordinoona." Taeyang asked as he her cheeks.

"Ne~, Uncle." Haru nodded and sat properly on the couch. The other staffs were greeting and smiling at her as they pass by.

Taeyang stood up and scanned the room. The coordi was not there. He peeked outside and he only saw other idols with their own stylists. He decided to go outside and check the stage. Maybe his noona is chatting somewhere.

After almost 15 minutes of looking, he wasn't able to find Hyesu or Eunmi (another coordinoona). He really needs to know and check the clothes he should wear for the performance later and he also needs to fix the mic and earphones but he couldn't see the noonas. In defeat, he went back to the dressing room as he also remembered Haru and his Tablo hyung.

He was near the room when he heard giggles from a kid. It was Haru's.

"Unnie! That's pretty. Aigoo~" Unnie? That caught his attention so he speed up his pace. When he reached the dressing room, he immediately saw Haru sitting on one of the high chairs while facing the dresser. What surprised him was that he also saw the blonde girl whom he met a few weeks ago. She's now combing Haru's hair.

"Ya~~" He called their attention and both girls tilted their heads to his direction.

"Uncle, annyeong!" Haru cheered.

"You're here now." Chaerin just gave him a grin.

"What are you doing here?" He said that after he waved his hand to Haru who was now fixing her new headband.

"Doing my job." She crossed her arms and gave him a teasing smile.

"What?" He almost shouted.

"I am--"

"Youngbae-ah!" Both of them turned their attention to Tablo who just went in.

"Oh. You have met the temporary coordi already." Tablo walked to their direction and carried Haru in his arms.

 

"Temporary what?" Youngbae was still confused and the girl in front of him was not even helping. Tablo with Haru went beside Chaerin and he introduced the two with each other. Formally introduced.

"Youngbae-ah, this is Chaerin. Your temporary coordi."

"And Unnie, this is Uncle Taeyang." Haru added and clapped her hands.

It even made Taeyang more confused and he creased his forehead. "Where are Hyesu and Eunmi noona? I can't believe this, hyung." He tried to avoid looking at Chaerin who was just playing with Haru.

"Hyesu was on a leave because of her dad. Eunmi and Seungri's coordi was with Jiyong in Paris. As for TOP and Daesung's, they are with them in Japan." Tablo recalled the things the head staff told him when he met the guy earlier in SBS lobby.

"Hyesu said Chaerin will replace her. That's why she's here. She'll be your coordi for two weeks or three."

"Hey." Chaerin teasingly greeted him which made him feel irritated once again.

"I know this girl, Bae. Hyejung knows her."

"You know her? That's a surprise hyung. But anyway, thanks for informing me." Youngbae smiled at his hyung and he patted Haru's head.

"Appa, I want to eat cookies." Haru suddenly said and Tablo attended to her daughter. "I gotta go now and feed this princess. I'll be ready after an hour before the shoot."

"Arrasso." Chaerin and Youngbae chorused.

"Say bye to them Haru-ah." Tablo gently pinched his daughter's cheek. "Annyeong!" Haru cutely waved and the two of them went outside. Once they were gone, Youngbae went to the closet to check what's for today. Their coordinoonas usually hang the clothes they are going to wear before they arrive at the set. He wondered if this blonde was able to do it.

Chaerin just watched him as she arranged the set of accessories on the table- the ones Haru and her played earlier.

There was a complete awkward silence in the room. The staff a while ago went out to talk to the PDs of the show today. Usually, coordis stay in the dressing room with the artist. It was supposed to be a normal shooting day but no,it's totally different.

Youngbae still dislikes the presence of this girl. He tried to ignore her comment and even forget but whenever he would see the hairnet, it would remind him of how she kinda made fun of his preference. And now? Now what? She'd be the coordi? What if she gives him blunt remarks again? Psh. He wondered who even hired her.

"So, we'll be working together." Chaerin said. Youngbae could clearly hear the clicks made by her heels.

He ignored her and opened the closet. He was surprised when he saw that everything was arranged. "Noona must have taught her." He thought.

"Three weeks would be like four to six meetings. If you don't like me, I am fine with it. We don't need to work harmoniously, you just have to cooperate with me." Youngbae was listening to her rants while he was choosing the top he should wear today. He's now wearing a plain white shirt and ripped jeans. He was in a rush this morning because he was excited to see Haru.

While he was checking the clothes in the rack, he felt the blonde girl beside him.

"What?" Youngbae said as he looked at her.

Chaerin stopped his hand from getting the clothes. "Are you even listening to me?"

"I am." Youngbae cooly said as he got a black Saint Laurent Jersey T-shirt from the dresser.

"Ya!" Chaerin followed Youngbae as the latter just ignored her and went to the changing area at the right side of the big room.

"Hey. You should no-" Chaerin almost hissed but she stopped when she saw Youngbae pulling his shirt off.

She shook her head and turned around for her not to see him changing. She hissed and just went to the leather couch and sat down.

After a few moments, she saw Youngbae went outside the changing room and quickly checked himself in front of the dresser. He's now sitting on one of the folded chairs.

With this, Chaerin sighed then stood behind Youngbae. She was also staring at the mirror.

"What?" Youngbae blankly said as he reached for a small black pouch on top of the table.

"I am your temporary coordi. So you should work with me." Chaerin said, raising one of her eyebrows.

"Coordis usually follow what the artist say." Youngbae answered without looking at her. He's now attaching the lapel on his top.

"Then I am different than them. I believe you should listen to me as I try doing that to you too."

Youngbae sighed. He's not like this to the other staff. In fact, he's the sweetest when it comes to rapport with the people he's working with. But he's particularly annoyed with this woman.

"If this is about what happened last time, then forget it. I won't apologize. It's my opinion. Look, I would want to be a good coordi because I don't want to disappoint Hyesu unnie. Let's just make things work." Chaerin insisted while looking at Youngbae. The latter just smiled and took a glance of their reflections. "Help me put this mic on. I can't call you noona since you're younger."

"This guy, really." She thought and with that, her work as the temporary coordi officially started.

 

 

"I have to put more of these." Chaerin said as she was holding a small circular container of hair wax.

"But I will wear a fedora hat. I don't need that." Youngbae answered while putting on his shoes.

"Your hair won't fall if I put some more. That's the purpose." The blonde said as she pulled Youngbae near the door. There's a full body mirror on the closet near it.

 

"15 minutes til call time!" They heard a male staff shouted. Probably the floor director.

 

They have been like this for the past 1 hour. Chaerin was assisting Youngbae but at the middle of applying or putting something on, they will have an argument. At least, they were working productively.

"Ya~" Youngbae protested. He's now having his annoy meter on. "I said I don't want to."

"No. Stay still." Chaerin demanded. Youngbae just sighed in defeat. This coordi is way too persistent than the others. Too demanding. Kind of bossy. She is not as gentle as his other noonas.

"Just apply a few." Youngbae told her as she was getting some wax from the small container. She's now in front of him while his back was facing the door. Using her fingers, she applied enough wax on his blonde hair. They almost have the same height so it's not a problem for her. She was styling his hair. Youngbae was just looking straight at the mirror.

"Hmm. You have a nice hair color." Chaerin commented while fixing some hair strands to the left. "Almost fi-"

 

"Ppali! 10 minutes mo-" With that yell, the door suddenly opened.

 

"Oh !" Youngbae cussed when the door almost hit his back. Good thing he was able to lean on the closet with his arms. But then he felt a pair of hands pressed on his chest. That's when he realized that Chaerin and him are way too close now. He could feel her breath on his cheek. Chaerin was trapped between his strong arms. When the door opened, Youngbae's back was pushed by the door, making him lean forward and Chaerin's back almost hit the mirror.

He looked straight at her. She was clutching her hands on his shirt.

They stared at each other for a while but as she met his gaze, she then realized their position. Chaerin pushed him back and took a step backward. A round of silence filled the room.

"Argh. My back almost hit the mirror." She hissed. "I'll make sure to call the attention of that ahjussi." She shook her head. She heard Youngbae chuckling.

"What?!" She exclaimed.

"I just saved you so you owe me something." Youngbae grinned.

"Aish. Whatever you say." Chaerin retorted in disbelief. She was almost injured and this guy was making fun of her.

 

"7 minutes!"

 

"I guess I have to go outside." Youngbae said as he reached something in his pocket.

"Wait. Your hat." Chaerin reached for the fedora hat on the table and handed it to him. Youngbae then opened the door.

 

"Don't use the goddamn ne--"

 

"Too late, miss. Too late." He smirked as he playfully looked at her while putting the net on his head.

 

"You! You don't--"

 

But before she could even nag at him, he immediately ran towards the studio, putting his hat as well.

 

"ANNOYING BRAT!" Chaerin exclaimed.

 

 

2 minutes 'til call time..

 

 

_ _

 

 

 

Author's note

OMG How was it? >< I'm not actually confident on posting this chapter but I still managed to do so. Hihi. Please comment so I would know your feels and your reactions. ♥

 

Don't forget to subscribe and upvote if you liked this and oh 10 subbies before I post chapter 2! ♥

 

-bananapanda