Temporary Samgyupsal Buddy

She's Different

As promised! ♥ Thank you for all the 10 subbies. :D

 

 

 

- -

 

 

 

After two months

YG Building

Chaerin was standing in front of the building's inquiry desk. She had to sign in the log book because she just visited her cousin who's part of the staffs of the entertainment company. While waiting for the guard to give her the form, she was checking her phone to see if someone sent her a message.

Ting!

The elevator on her farther left opened as it reached the ground floor. As Chaerin was busy on her phone, she did not notice that two men stepped out of the elevator. One was wearing a gray hoodie and ripped jeans paired with white rubber shoes. The taller one was wearing a red striped shirt and black pants. Both of them had their shades on and their scarves.

The two men walked towards the exit sliding door but the one with the hoodie saw a familiar face on his right, at the front desk. So without hesitation, he walked briskly and stood behind the blonde girl.

"Yo!" He said as he poked the girl's shoulder. This gesture startled the girl which made her turn her back. Her eyes furrowed when she saw the guy in front of her.

"Youngbae?!" She asked as she removed the sunglasses of the guy.

"That's me." Youngbae teasingly chuckled.

"You brat!" Chaerin hissed as she threw him back the sunglasses, which he fortunately caught in his hands.

"What are you doing here?" Youngbae asked as he pointed at the guard and a white bag on top of the desk.

"Oh. I visited Hyesu Unnie and brought her some food. Her dad asked me to." Chaerin answered.

"Hyung!" Both of them looked at the guy in red shirt who stood beside Youngbae. The guy took a glance of Chaerin then at his hyung. Upon realizing something, his lips formed a big grin. "Hyung, you didn't tell me you're mee--" but before he could even finish stating his discovery,

"Seungri-yah, this was my temporary coordi a month ago. She's Chaerin." Youngbae introduced. Well, he knew what this maknae started to think so he abruptly cleared the younger's thoughts.

"Oh." That was all Seungri could answer. His eyes are now focused at the girl in front of him. She was wearing a simple white shirt and a black skirt. She also had a maroon jacket and a pair of white flat shoes. And well, she's blonde.

"Chaerin, this is Seungri. Our group's maknae. Hyesu noona is also his coordi." Youngbae continued.

"Annyeong." Seungri and Chaerin chorused as they gave each other a small bow.

After that, Seungri reached for a set of keys in his pocket then looked at Youngbae, "So hyung, let's go?"

"Chaerin, would you like to come with us?" Youngbae asked as he held his maknae's shoulder which stopped Seungri from walking.

"Where to?" Chaerin raised her eyebrow as the guard handed her a white slip. She received it and turned to face Youngbae again.

"Just go with us. Okay?" Youngbae winked at her as he held her by the wrist, gently dragging her with him as they ran towards the exit. Chaerin tried to protest but Youngbae already pulled her inside the car.

 

- -

 

Flashback

Two weeks ago

 

It was the second day of her work. She had her first day as a coordi last Sunday. After three days, she's here at KBS for Youngbae's radio show guesting.

"Hi, my temporary coordi!" Youngbae greeted once he saw her inside the dressing room. "Long time, no see." He teased.

Chaerin just rolled her eyes and watched him as he plopped himself on the couch and started playing on his phone.

"What time will the show start?" She asked. She's now picking some clothes from the closet which Youngbae would have to choose from later.

"30 minutes?" Youngbae replied without looking at her.

"I see. Well, you need to prepare now, mister." Chaerin stood in front of him, carrying in her arms some hangers with five types of top.

"Wait. Wait. I'm gonna score a ----- what the give me that!" Youngbae scoffed and looked at Chaerin with disbelief. The girl just snatched the phone in his hands. He was about to beat Seungri's score in that Weibo soccer game.

"No. Pick some clothes, NOW." Chaerin insisted as she threw the clothes on the space beside Youngbae.

"Ya~~" Youngbae tried to get the phone in her grasp but Chaerin quickly shoved it in her pants' pocket. "Nope. Prepare for the show or else I would donate your phone somewhere." Chaerin smirked as she walked to the dresser.

Youngbae hissed and just picked a random top. Aish. She's way too different from other noonas. He was shaking his head as he went to the changing room.

- -

 

Third day of the Job

 

"I feel so tired!" Chaerin said between her yawns. It was around 11pm when she started to pick up and fold all the scattered clothes on the floor. It was Taeyang's mini concert and because she's the only coordi sent to the place, she really had to cater to all the needs of the artist and some dancers.

"Jigeum naega haneun yaegi
Neol apeuge halji molla

Ama nal jukdorok miwohage doel kkeoya"

She started to sing to let her stress out. The show outside was about to end and her work for today as well. At least, Youngbae obliged her instructions earlier. They didn't have much argument probably because Youngbae was too focused to the concert.

"Naega yejeon gatji antadeon ne mal
Modu teullin mareun aniya
Nado byeonhaebeorin naega nat seolgimanhae

Neomu chakhan neonde 

Neon geudaeroinde Oh
I don't know I don't know
Naega wae ireoneunji
Geutorok saranghaenneunde 
Neon yeogi inneunde Oh
I don't know
Ije nal chatgo sipeo
Baby I'm sorry neowa isseodo nan lonely
Saranghagin naega bujokhanga bwa
Ireon motnan nal yongseohae"

"Nice show, Youngbae-ah!!" She suddenly heard the cheers which stopped her from singing. She quickly stood up and put the clothes inside a big red basket. The door opened and she saw Youngbae who was covered in sweat and he even had some confetti sticking to his shoulders.

"Congratulations." She greeted and he just smiled at her as he sat on the couch.

Chaerin reached for a clean white towel in the closet and sat beside him. She started to get rid of the yellow and blue pieces of paper on his shoulders. "Now, I would have to tell you to refrain from using hairnets and using papers as part of your style." She joked which made the boy beside her chuckle.

"You're now telling me jokes. You're tired, huh?" Youngbae teased. "Well, my hairnet is so attractive that even papers would want to be with me." He sniggered. Chaerin just rolled her eyes and she's now wiping the sweat on his forehead and arms. He just let her do it while closing his eyes.

"You should take a shower after." Chaerin told him, tugging at the hem of his top. "Take this off. I'll wipe your back."

"I'll just take a shower." Youngbae stopped her. His eyes still closed.

"No. You'll get sick. Come on. I'll quickly wipe it then you take a shower." Chaerin then removed his cap and the net on his head. She placed it on the small table in front of them.

Knowing he won't win the argument with this persistent coordi, he just obliged. He gave it to Chaerin and the blonde placed it on the table as well.

Chaerin continued to wipe the sweat off his back, arms and chest. She didn't mind seeing the guy's glorious body (as fans described it). It's her job and she's used to it.

"Sing for me." Youngbae suddenly mumbled.

"What?" That halted Chaerin from what she's doing.

"Sing. I heard you were singing right before I came in." Youngbae opened his eyes again and flashed a grin at her.

"I am not your nanny so I won't sing." Chaerin retorted and looked at him back.

"Please." He insisted. "I would forget that I saved you the last day if you just sing."

"You really want me to?" Chaerin asked for Youngbae's assurance. "Yes." Youngbae replied without hesitation. He's now smiling at her.

Chaerin gave him a smirk before she stood up. Youngbae was waiting for her to start. "Jogeum umcheuryeo isseul Ppuniya nan gwaenchanha Anya sashil nan--" but she suddenly stopped and threw the white towel right on his face.

"What was--"

"Go sing with the towel. I have tons of things to do." She laughed before she turned her back, leaving a half amused; half surprised Youngbae on the couch.

 

- -

 

Present time

Korean Restaurant in Myeongdong

 

"You brought me in a restaurant?" She's now sitting at the other side of the table. Seungri and Youngbae were across her.

"For dinner." Youngbae said smiling. "It will be our treat." Seungri looked at his hyung in confusion. "Ya. It will be on me and you won't even pay anything."

"But I was the one who thought i=of having a dinner here." Youngbae proudly said. Chaerin just shook her head as she saw the two bicker. After a while, a waiter asked for their orders and Seungri was the one who chose for the three of them.

Chaerin was silent, partly blaming herself for allowing Youngbae to drag her here. She was supposed to be home at that time. Heaven knows that she had been busy looking for jobs on the internet.

"So.." Her attention was caught when Seungri started to talk to her. "You were the coordi who hates hyung's hairnet?"

"Those hairnets are too distracting. For me, at least." Chaerin plainly stated. Youngbae frowned at that statement. Not again.

"It's my style. Don't judge." Youngbae defended himself which just earned chuckles from Chaerin and Seungri.

"I tried to stop him from wearing things that I think don't suit him but he will always run away from me." Chaerin told Seungri while she was teasingly smiling at Youngbae.

"Well, other noonas don't do that to us. Especially for Youngbae hyung and Jiyong hyung. I applaud you for directly giving him a hard blow." Seungri joked but he got a light punch on his arm. It was Youngbae's fault.

"I never thought I'd be grilled like the barbeque, tonight." Youngbae said while shaking his head.

*ring ring*

"Wait. I'll just get this call, hyung." Seungri got his phone from his pocket and pressed the receive button. "Hyungnim? .... Neh? ... Now?.. Okay. I am at Myeongdong but I'll go there right away.. Thanks, hyung.. Bye." His call ended then he immediately looked at Youngbae, "Hyung, I have to go now. A sudden meeting for my new drama is up. Urgent. I'll just use the car and call the valet service."

"Uhmm. How about this?" Youngbae asked as he pointed at the set of side dishes on the table.

"I already paid for everything. I really had to go." Seungri stood up from his seat. "I gotta see you later hyung. And nice meeting you, Chaerin." He flashed a smile and the remaining two just nodded at him. He then walked off and exit the restaurant.

After a few moments, waiters began to serve plates of Korean beef and some dishes for samgyupsal. They also set a big grill on the table and a number of soju bottles.

"I guess both of us have to finish all these." Youngbae was looking at Chaerin as he pointed at the food on the table. He was holding his chopsticks when he saw Chaerin checking her bag.

"Hey. We should eat." He urged her but Chaerin set her gaze at him, "I think I should go as well."

"What? Wait, no. I am asking you to stay." Youngbae insisted, looking straight at her eyes.

"But I have nothing else to do here." Chaerin answered.

"You will eat. That's what you are going to do."

"But.."

"Be my temporary samgyupsal buddy." Youngbae said, pouting his lips.

"Be your what?" Chaerin asked in confusion and probably, admiration to the cute actions of the guy in front of her.

"Temporary Samgyupsal Buddy. That's your role for today." Youngbae flashed one of his genuine smile.

"Role? Hey, your pout won't get me to stay here." Chaerin told him as she was still confused with what the latter was saying.

"Just stay. Please. I will be the one to take you home and uhmmm. I will buy that Strawberry cake for you." Youngbae pleased her while handing her a pair of chopsticks. Damn, he was even fidgeting on his seat.

"Strawberry cake?" Chaerin furrowed her eyes once again. She suddenly remembered her fourth day of work when they went to a bakeshop in front of SBS building to buy a cake for Haru. She saw a mouthwatering strawberry cake which has cherries and nuts on it. She wanted to have it at that time but she wasn't able to take it away because she thought she's at work and it would take them time to wait for the cake. How could this guy know it even after a month of not seeing each other? And take note, they were not even friends at that time (not even today).

"I saw you were looking at the cake before. I thought you're going to buy it but when you told me we should hurry and go back to the studio, I decided not to get it for you." Youngbae plainly stated as he was still smiling at the blonde in front of him.

"Oh." Chaerin was flustered. "You had me at the strawberry cake." She said and placed her bag beside her.

"And I won't lose you with free barbeques and soju." Youngbae has that triumphant beam on his face when Chaerin stayed with him to had his samgyupsal time. He was the one grilling the meat as he was holding the tongs. Chaerin was pouring some sojus in the shot glasses.

"I always have this samgyupsal thing every month with my favorite people but because Seungri left, so you'd be my temporary buddy." Chaerin just watched him grill the meat. She's hungry too and the good smell of barbeque is really helping her.

"You go here every month?" Chaerin inquired.

"Yes. I always release my stress at work every time I go here. Hmm. We even have this samgyupsal game." Youngbae told Chaerin as he placed the cooked strips on Chaerin's plate.

"And you would want me to be part of that game because I am your temporary buddy?" Chaerin inferred as she cut some meat strips and put it on a lettuce. She then placed some garlic, onion, and kimchi before rolling it.

"You're right. And the game goes like this, before you eat one barbeque, you had to tell the other person your frustrations for the past week. Anything. The other one should keep it as a secret though and based from that frustration, he or she would put more or less spices and side dishes." Youngbae said and snatched the barbeque wrapped prepared by Chaerin.

"Then let's start the game." Chaerin nodded and prepared another wrap. "You start then, Youngbae." Chaerin told the guy in front of her as she took a shot of soju in .

"Just 2 rounds because I think I had go back to the studio early and I have to drive you home." Youngbae said as he got some lettuce on his plate.

"Hmm. My frustration this week? I wasn't able to attend to all my fans who went to my fan meeting. The time was limited. They were so many people and although I really wanted to give all of them a hand shake, I can't. I can just smile at them." Youngbae revealed without a pause.

"That will take five garlic and uhmm probably a lot of ssamjang (chili paste)." Chaerin wrapped the meat and the dishes with the lettuce and placed it in Youngbae's plate. The latter ate the wrap in one bite and immediately took two shots of soju.

"Not spicy enough." Youngbae commented and Chaerin just gave him a glare. "You're turn, miss."

Chaerin took a deep breath and glanced at Youngbae. Letting her frustrations out in front of this guy doesn't sound that bad. It won't matter to him anyway.

"Okay. Frustrations? Well, I haven't found a job yet. It has been three weeks of searching yet I couldn't get the right work for me. But don't get me wrong. I need a job not for the money but for the experience. I badly need that for my papers to study in France." Chaerin let out a sigh after she revealed what she has been thinking for the whole week.

"Done? Hmm. I will put two slices of garlic and of course the meat and just a small amount of ssamjang." Youngbae carefully applied the chilli paste before he wrapped the lettuce.

"Hey. Isn't that too plain? Are you trying to imply that my problems are nothing compared to yours?" Chaerin raised her voice as she was clearly offended with what Youngbae said. It was a game but he clearly pushed her buttons. That frustration was her biggest problem but it seemed like Youngbae was not feeling it that way.

"Wait. Wait. Calm down, Chaerin. I didn't mean to offend you." Youngbae raised both of his hands as he gestured Chaerin to sit down and calm herself. "I just think that you don't have to be frustrated with that problem anymore, though."

"Huh?!" Chaerin raised her voice again, this time with her eyebrows- a sign that she's absolutely irritated and confused.

"Fine. I think I can help you with that problem so you need not to be frustrated...."

 

Chaerin was still bemused as she saw Youngbae's lips formed into a tiny smile.

 

"because I am going to recommend you, my temporary samgyupsal buddy, to have a job and become one of the staffs in YGE."

 

- -

 

Author's note:

Sorry for grammar and typo errors if there is any. :))

Thank you for all the subbies! I am so happy that it reached almost 200 views after a day. ♥

Please don't hesitate to comment because comments are my energizers to make another chapter. Hihi

7 subbies for the third chapter! Enjoy the sunsky feels ♥

-bananapanda