Break In

Trapped in Today

He woke up the next morning to the sun’s light seeping into his dreams. Jongin propped his body up on the ice-cold concrete, his eyes clouded by the remnants of the tears he had cried the night before. There weren’t many people on the bridge in the morning, so his presence seemed to have gone relatively unnoticed. There was a throbbing soreness throughout his body from having slept curled upon the ground, but the stabbing feeling in his chest was even more excruciating. He remembered the face that had lingered far after the boy had gone, the face that had haunted his dreams, and the tears began to pour down Jongin’s face once again. He was too exhausted, mentally and physically, from running after the boy day after day. The thought of giving up flashed through Jongin’s thoughts, but he quickly pushed it aside. Letting the innocent boy suffer even more would just be too cruel. If he was going to save Kyungsoo, he’d have to find a way to make the older boy trust him.

Jongin found himself circling the old apartment building a few hours later that morning. He’d gone home and cleaned up before heading over to the place he’d met the doe-eyed boy the day before. Now he found himself eying the window that he suspected led to the boy’s room, and contradictory to the fact that he was trying to get Kyungsoo to trust him, Jongin was intent upon doing this. He was going to break in.

It hadn’t been hard to find his way to the small creaky balcony that surrounded the window, but now Jongin found his hands were getting clammy and he was suddenly aware of the icy wind that bit at his skin. He hesitantly lifted a shaking hand to the ledge of the window. Through the tattered curtain he could make out a small body huddled on the bed. Jongin slowly slid open the window, freezing whenever the hinges squeaked. He managed to slip into the room without waking the slumbering boy, and now he found himself staring at the pair of lidded eyes. He admired the smooth, milky skin that contrasted his own tanned color. His brows furrowed when he noticed the bruises and cuts that were scattered across the otherwise perfect skin. Jongin wondered what kind of person would ever lay a hand on such a beautiful creature, and he had to brush away a tear that had slipped past his eyelashes.

He brushed the strands of silky brown hair out of the boy’s face. “Kyungsoo.” He whispered, as if the word was a secret he wanted to protect with his life. His heart jumped as the older boy’s eyelashes fluttered against his pale cheeks. Jongin shook the small body a little, mumbling the boy’s name softly over again. The sound rolled off his tongue as if he had been born to utter those two syllables for his entire life.

The soft eyes opened sleepily at first, then recognizing the presence of an unknown figure, the boy jolted awake, trembling in fear. He opened his mouth to scream, but Jongin quickly muffled the noise with his hand.

“Don’t worry, I won’t hurt you.” He whispered softly, “I promise.”  

Tears were spilling down the older boy’s cheeks, his eyes begging for Jongin not to hurt him. Jongin felt the boy choking back sobs, and he felt his heart sink.

“I really won’t do anything. I’m gonna remove my hand, okay?” Jongin didn’t know if he could trust the older boy to stay quiet. “You can’t make a sound, okay? Otherwise you’re dad’s gonna beat us both up.”

Kyungsoo’s eyes opened wide. How did this boy know about that? The sound of someone moving around came from outside the door. They had to get out of there, fast.

Jongin brought a finger up to his lips, signalling the brunette to be quiet. The boy nodded his head, and the younger slowly slid his hand away. He motioned towards the window, and Kyungsoo nodded again, slipping on a pair of sneakers and following the other boy.

The cold morning air burst into the room as Jongin pushed the window open once more. He slid through the window onto the old balcony, and stretched out a hand to Kyungsoo, who took it cautiously. Once they were both safely outside, Jongin noticed the older boy was still clinging onto his hand, his heart-shaped lips a pale blue. They had been in such a rush that he hadn’t bothered to change out of his thin pajamas. Jongin slipped his sweater off and onto the shorter boy’s head. He held back a chuckle when he noticed the elder was so small he was drowning inside the taller boy’s clothes.

When the boy finally found his way into the massive sweater, he looked up once more, the previous fear replaced by curiosity. He didn’t say a word, he just questioned the younger boy with his big eyes.

Jongin let out a small laugh. The boy in front of him looked like an adorable kitten bundled in a big, fluffy blanket. “Let’s go to the amusement park.”

Before Kyungsoo could open his mouth to protest, he was being dragged along behind the tanned boy. Maybe he would’ve pulled away, but he felt some satisfying warmth from the large rough hand that was tugging on his own.

 


A/N: Whaaaaaaat fluff? Yeah I bet you never expected that from this fic...-awkward laughter- Sigh....so I know, it took me forever to get this chapter up, because school and stuff has been sooo busy and I just- /dies/ 

 

In other news...

-I got an ask.fm, for comments/questions: click here!

-I started blogging on AFF...we'll see how that turns out. .-. Here's my first attempt: click here!

-You can check out my Sekai fluffball drabble here 

 

OH and important announcement! If you are enjoying this fic, please share it with your friends~ I've been working really hard on this story and I would love to be able to share it with a lot of people. As a little motivation, I'm going to give all my readers a gift when this particular story hits 50 subscribers. 

 

Thanks to everyone who comments, subscribes, and upvotes. You all are wonderful!

 

 

 

 

 

Kitten.jpg

This is what I imagine Kyungie looks like in Kai's sweater :3