Deja Vu

Trapped in Today

The blaring screech that the alarm clock beside Jongin’s bed emitted was more than enough to blast him out of his dream world. When he managed to fight off the urge to sleep and rolled out from under his covers, the dark-haired boy sat staring blankly at his wall. Some voice was nagging at the back of his mind, reminding him he had something important to do. He couldn’t recall. Slowly, as the soft morning light soaked into his crumpled sheets, the realization sunk it. Jongin scrambled for his phone to check the date. Monday. He sighed. Despite having expected it, something in his mind had desperately wanted it to be Tuesday- because this whole thing was starting to make him question his sanity. Reluctantly he got dressed, remembering how he had promised himself that he would see a therapist that morning. As he brushed his teeth, he scrutinized his reflection in the mirror. He didn’t seem very different- maybe his cheeks were sunken in a little, his eyes slightly hollowed out from lack of sleep. But Jongin doubted that this was a sure sign of insanity- possibly just a result of sleep deprivation. Nevertheless, he wanted to resolve this situation- the sooner the better. As soon as he found himself looking relatively presentable, he rushed out of the house towards the hospital. This time he brought an umbrella.

“So you’ve been living today over and over again?” The man in front of him was clad in a long white coat, with two pens neatly placed in the upper right pocket and a ID card dangling from the left. His crisp blue shirt was tucked into a pair of equally crisp trousers, and his hair was neatly gelled away from his face.

“Yes! And it was raining again today.” Jongin debated whether or not the doctor in front of him would think he belonged in a mental hospital.

The man who had introduced himself as Dr. Park leaned back in his chair and folded his hands. They were sitting in his office, a white room with only a bookshelf, a desk, and two chairs. Even the books on the shelf seemed to be arranged alphabetically. “Tell me more about it.”

“Well, two days ago I woke up and left for school. It was Monday. The next day I went to school and it was Monday again. And today is Monday too!” I sound so stupid right now. Jongin groaned inwardly

“Hmmm. Alright Jongin. Can you tell me some markers that make you think that the past few days have been the same day?”

“I don’t think it’s the same day, I know it is!” Jongin cried, exasperated. He knew he would have a hard time getting anyone to believe him. After all, who in their right mind would believe that ridiculous of a story? It was straight out of a science fiction novel or something.

“Yes, of course. Those markers, please. I think you mentioned rain?”

“Well it wasn’t supposed to rain yesterday. Or tomorrow? I mean it wasn’t supposed to rain on Tuesday.” Jongin didn’t know how to explain it without sounding completely crazy. But then again, the doctor had probably come to that conclusion already. “And my friend Taemin pulled the same prank again. He didn’t remember doing it before when I confronted him.”

“Sounds like you’re experiencing something called Deja Vu. It’s a phenomenon where you seem to remember a certain thing happening before, even though it didn’t. It’s not really a huge deal, in fact everyone gets it once in a while. But, if you are bothered by it, we can set up regular therapy sessions for you.” Jongin didn’t need therapy, he needed someone to help him get out of this mess. Is this some kind of time travel that keeps looping? Or possibly a wormhole? Jongin had heard of those somewhere but he didn’t really know what they were. Surely some kind of time-travelly thing, right?

“No thanks.” Jongin said bluntly, as he walked out of the office and slammed the door shut. He didn’t need any more people thinking he was absolutely bonkers.


When Jongin got home he ordered dinner again and sat down in front of the TV. He rolled his eyes when the weather report claimed tomorrow would be sunny. He already knew it wouldn’t. Then the news came back on. That Kyungsoo kid had killed himself again. Jongin knew that he wasn’t imagining this. He was definitely living the same day over again. How do I make this stop? He shut of the TV with a click and tossed the remote on the couch. He headed for his room. He needed to sleep, this repeat thing was starting to drain his energy. Jongin heard the thunder rumbling again as he pulled his blankets over himself.

 

 


A/N: As promised, my poster came out so here is chapter two~ I got my poster done at Beauty Lies Within Graphics, and their work is just stunning, guys. Yeee so I promise it will get better... I think? Hahaha I'm a y writier pls just kill me okay. .-. Ohohoh but Kyungsoo is gonna show up soon I promise~ He's such a squishy ><

KYAAAAAAAAA *-*