Today is Monday

Trapped in Today

It was a regular Monday, just like any other. Jongin rolled out of bed, brushed his teeth and put on his school uniform. He trudged downstairs and poured himself a bowl of corn flakes. His parents were out of town on a “second honeymoon” and he was starting to miss the smell of cooking bacon and eggs in the morning. He ate the lousy breakfast in silence, the sound of his munching echoing through the empty house. When he was finished he tossed the bowl in the sink, pretending not to notice the stack of dishes he’d let pile up over the course of the week. He left for school after that, grumbling about the fact that he’d have to walk to school again.

 

Five minutes after leaving the house it started to pour, and Jongin cursed himself for not bringing an umbrella. If he went back he’d be late for class, so he fought on through the rain. Homeroom was boring as always, but Jongin entertained himself by pretending the raindrops on the window were racing to see who would reach the bottom fastest.

“Kim Jongin?” He was jolted back to reality when the teacher called his name. She seemed to be expecting an answer to a question, but he didn’t know what it was.

“Pssst. Fourteen.” His classmate Taemin whispered to him from his seat behind Jongin.

“The answer is fourteen.” Jongin replied, grateful to Taemin for saving him. Maybe the guy wasn’t so bad after all.

“The law that states that when temperature rises, pressure increases is fourteen? Please pay closer attention to my class, Mr. Kim.” The entire class broke out laughing.  Damn that Lee Taemin. Jongin would have to teach that guy a lesson after class.

At lunch Jongin slammed a hand down next to Taemin, who was eating lunch with his friend Minho. “What the hell man? You made me look like an idiot!”

“You are in idiot, Jongin. If you paid attention you would’ve known the answer.” Ugh. He should’ve known not to trust this guy. 

“You’re an , Lee Taemin.” And with that Jongin stormed out of the cafeteria.

 

The rest of the day passed fairly normally and Jongin made sure not to daydream inhis classes. When school got out it has stopped raining. Jongin grabbed his books and headed home, making a game out of jumping through the puddles on the sidewalk. He underestimated the depth of one puddle and found himself on his , soaked in rainwater. When he got home he changed into fresh clothes and sat down to do his homework. By the time 8:00 rolled around, he was practically starving. Realizing his mom wasn’t home to make dinner, Jongin called for a pizza delivery. He sat down in front of the tv with his food and flicked it on to the channel 2 news.

“This is Reporter Oh with the weather. Look forward to clearer skies starting tomorrow morning and running throughout the week. The rain seems to have passed.” Good. Today’s rain had caused him enough trouble. “Breaking news! We have just received report of a suicide. High school senior Do Kyungsoo took his life tonight at 8:06 pm. The young student jumped off a bridge into the Han River. No family members can be found and the cause of his suicide is unknown.” Jongin sighed and switched off the TV. This stuff was so depressing. He opted to watch his favorite movie, The Man from Nowhere for the fifth time, and when it was over he found his eyelids were starting to droop. Just as he fell asleep, Jongin heard the rumbling of thunder in the distance.

 

Jongin got up the next day and tiredly went through his morning routine. He poured a bowl of corn flakes, and when he finished eating them he threw the dish in the sink. He grabbed his bag and left for school. Five minutes into his walk, Jongin looked up in surprise as a single cold droplet fell on the bridge of his nose. Dozens quickly followed the first. Damn, I shouldn’t have trusted the forecast. It wasn’t supposed to rain today.

In homeroom Jongin watched the raindrops again. The ones on the right were battling the ones on the left.

“Kim Jongin?” He was jolted back to reality when the teacher called his name. She seemed to be expecting an answer to a question, but he didn’t know what it was.

“Fourteen.” His classmate Taemin whispered to him from his seat behind Jongin. Again? He wasn’t going to fall for that this time.

“I’m sorry, I wasn’t paying attention. I don’t know the answer.”

“Thank you for being honest, Mr. Kim. Please pay attention from now on.” Jongin sighed as the class giggled around him. He really had to stop doing this to himself. And that Lee Taemin needed to stop screwing around.

 

At lunch Jongin found Taemin sitting with his friend Minho again. “Dammit Lee Taemin stop messing with me! I’m not gonna fall for your stupid tricks more than once!”

Taemin looked up, a little surprised. “Calm down, you . What are you even talking about?”

“Yesterday you told me the answer was fourteen, and I fell for it. The least you could’ve done was change the fake answer today. Do you really think I’m that dumb?!”

“Sorry to interrupt you,” Taemin’s tall friend cut in, “but yesterday was Sunday so Taemin couldn’t have pranked you.”

“Hear that, idiot? Today is Monday.” Taemin glared at Jongin.

“Wait. Say that again.” Jongin grabbed the skinny boy by his shoulders and shook him roughly.

“What? You’re an idiot, Kim Jongin. Get your hands off me.” Taemin pushed the other boy away with a look of disgust.

“No, after that.” His eyes bore holes into Taemin’s head. It can’t be. They’ve got to be messing around.

“Today. Is. Monday?” Confusion was plastered across his face.

 

What the hell is going on?

 
 
 

A/N: Sorry the beginning seems a little slow, right? Hopefully you'll bear with me for a little longer. Also please don't kill for because of Kyungsoo I love him to pieces and it breaks my heart that I have to do this ;-; By the way, if you read any of my other stories you should probably know there's a good chance I'll never finish them. For this story I won't update te next chapter until I have the one ahead of it done, so that should ensure that I keep updating. Please comment I always love to hear your feedback~

 

Nooo Jongin stahp ;A;

 

Edit 8/7: Made some small edits -but it still ugh I'm sorry. Also changed the formatting bc I have no idea why the original one was weird.