Once Did

Regrets

"See you after school for our date!" Chanyeol said with an excited tone. Baekhyun's cheeks turned red when the taller one mentioned "date", he has been crushing on him for almost 2 years but he was unsure about the taller's feelings for him. Whatever it is, he was glad that they are friends, well at least for now...

After school...

"Baek! Shall we eat Western food today? I'm craving for some chicken!" the younger one said. Baekhyun just smiled & nodded. There were butterflies flying around his stomach & making his stomach churn each time the younger one held his hand while walking out of the school. Baekhyun thought that Chanyeol held his hand because it was normal for them to have skinship since they were friends so Baekhyun didn't think so much about that action of Chanyeol's. When they arrived at the restaurant, they quickly ordered their usual & sat there in comfrotable silence. They enjoyed each other's company so much that the silence was not even awkward. The food arrived in less than 30mins & they both began eating. Baekhyun knew that he had to break the news to Chanyeol sooner or later so he decided that maybe this is the right time..

"Yeol, I have something to tell you but could you promise me not to be angry?" Chanyeol looked at him curiously & nodded. "I-I am moving out of Seoul to Canada because of some music program... I'll be gone for 2 years or longer, I'm sorry." the older one managed to say it without choking on his words. Chanyeol immediately stopped eating, "When are you leaving? Why is everything so sudden? I'm not ready for you to leave me Baek..." Tears were forming in both their eyes, they really couldn't bear to leave each other. "I'm leaving this weekend, sorry Yeol.." With that, Baekhyun left the restaurant crying, leaving Chanyeol behind. Chanyeol felt so lost & his mind was in a mess. What's gonna happen to him when Baekhyun leaves? He knew that he needed to tell Baekhyun his feelings but he didn't know how.

-

It was already the weekend which means Baekhyun is leaving... Chanyeol immediately rushed to the airport after finding out his flight's details from the older's mum. When he stepped into the airport, he spotted Baekhyun almost immediately [thank God for his height]. He ran towards him & pulled him into a hug & whispered, "Baek, I'm in love with you. I've always been in love with you, please don't leave me." Baekhyun didn't know what to say but just pulled away from the taller & replied, "Chanyeol, I've always been in love with you but this is my dream & I really can't give this up..." the older's voice shook. Chanyeol's heart sank because he knew that Baekhyun's dream meant the world to him but... what about Chanyeol? Does Chanyeol not matter to Baekhyun at all? The taller one just hugged & pecked Baekhyun on the lips & waved goodbye.....

2 years later

Baekhyun returned to Seoul because he realised that his dream was not being a singer but it was to be with Chanyeol.. Even after 2 long years, he was still in love with him. He thought he could let go of him but he didn't. He just prayed & wished that Chanyeol still felt the same for him. When he landed in Seoul, he cabbed to the younger's house & knocked on the door. To his surprise, a handsome looking man stood infront of him, "Who are you looking for?" "Um, Chanyeol." When Chanyeol heard his name being called, he walked towards the door, "Kris, who is it at the door?" Oh... It was.. Baekhyun.

Chanyeol told Kris to excuse them for abit & went out to talk to Baekhyun. "How have you been?" the taller one broke the silence.

"I missed you, do you miss me?"

"I want you to be mine, can you?"

"Do you still feel the same for me?"

"Um.. I'm fine. You?"

"I'm fine too.. I thought you were still in Canada for your music program?"

"Chanyeol, you know I hate beating around the bush so I'm going to go straight to the point. I came back to Seoul because I realised that the dream that I've always had, was not what I wanted.. Because you are my dream Yeol, I want you & I need you so badly. I came back fro you..." Baekhyun managed to confess without choking on his tears, looking at Chanyeol with hope in his eyes, hoping that the taller one would still feel the same for him.

"Sorry Baek.. I actually found someone already. And yes, it's that guy that opened the door, Kris. I'm sorry I don't feel the same for you anymore, but I hope we can still be friends?" Chanyeol replied.

A sudden wave of fatigue rushed through Baekhyun & he just nodded, stood up & walked away. Not allowing Chanyeol to say anything anymore.

His mind was in a mess, "Why did I choose to even leave him? Look at what happened Byun Baekhyun, you're so freaking stupid to lose someone like that you know." He started to mumble to himself & tears were rolling down his cheeks. "Did I even mean anything to him? I thought he would've waited for him but I guess I was wrong. So so wrong..." He knew the exact thing to do... to let go but not forget that Chanyeol was once in love with him. That was enough, more than enough.

 

Chanyeol thought he didn't mean anything to Baekhyun. But he did.

Baekhyun thought he didn't mean anything to Chanyeol. But he once did.