Chapter six

Remembering and Making Memories

I look around the apartment, feeling really bored now that the boys left. I went in my room and noticed that I didn’t bring much clothes since I pretty much don’t fit in half of it anymore. Right, I was supposed to go shopping. I don’t like shopping. But since there’s no one to shop me clothes anymore i better do it today and get it over it. I saw my phone lying on the bed and thought of an idea.

            “Heyyyy” I said smiling as Sulli answered my call.

            “Hi! What’s up?” she asks, I can feel her smiling already.

            “Are you busy right now? Do you wanna go shopping with me?” I said quickly, without waiting for her answer.

            “Why? Getting quite big lately Jiwon? Geez, you’ve been eating too much lately.” She jokes.

            “What? Pffffft. No I’m not! Those were, well, ‘healthy’ snacks.”

            “Healthy my Jiwon.”

            “Well, do you wanna come or just want to keep on teasing me?”

            “Yeah, yeah. I’ll go with you. Don’t be such a cry baby.”

            “Do you know any cheap places?”

            “Yep, of course. I’ve been to every shopping stores here.”

            “Awesome. Having a shopaholic friends is useful sometimes. I’ll see you soon then. Text me where.”

            “Okay. And I am NOT a shopaholic!”

            We hung up, but I can still feel myself smiling. I changed my clothes to something more suitable, grab my bag and left for the place that Sulli just texted me. And so we shop, my legs were already aching after the first hour. Sulli kept on dragging me around and asking me to try on different type of clothes. After a while, I can feel myself enjoying my time, even though feeling really tired. We had different taste alright, she’s the more fashionable type while I just go with what I find comfortable and pretty. Sulli even brought me some clothes. “I haven’t brought you anything yet.” Was all she said. I didn’t have any choice but to accept it since she already paid for it.

            We were finished and decided to bid our time by eating ice cream when Sulli got a call. She furrowed her eyebrows looking who it is while I raised mine. She put up her left hand as if telling me to wait a second. “Hi!” she said in a clearly fake tone. She nods, hearing whoever it is on the other line out. “Er, well, okay I guess. Alright, yes I’m on my way. Don’t her that, she’s not stu- Okay, okay, fine. See ya.” She hung up. I can sense that she was somewhat talking about me. “Jiwon, mian, but I have to go.” I look at her.

            “Where to?” I ask.

            “Cheongmal mianhe. But my, er, friends, wants to hang out.” I suddenly feel sorry for her.

            “But aren’t you tired? We’ve walking non-stop for hours. And we haven’t even eaten anything yet, you haven’t eaten anything.”

            “They won’t take no as an answer. You know how they are. I’m sorry. I’ll make it to you sometimes okay?” she said.

            “Promise?”

            “Mmmm. Promise.” She said. Well, at least that promise will be handy later.

            “Well then, er, have fun?” I said smiling a little. She laugh it off, and then left.

            With Sulli gone, I walked around some more. Hoping I won’t bump into some club again. I stumbled into the expensive area. I can’t afford anything here, I thought to myself when I suddenly squealed.

            “Hyung!” I called out.

            Changmin turned around, knowing it’s my voice. He was on his way out from a jewellery store. “Jiwon-ah.” He smiled when he sees me. I ran to his arm and hug him. It’s been a while. Shim Changmin is kind of like my big brother. He even visits me in America when he’s got to attend for some business there. He’s also the only one with me when my mother passed away. It’s been a long five months since we last met. I was gonna tell him about me being in Korea but I guess it slipped my mind with everything going on.

            “What are you doing here?” he asks ruffling my hair. “Wait a minute, have you been shopping?” he said wide eye, looking at the bags I’m carrying.

            “I’m, er,  schooling here now. And yeah, I’ve been shopping. I have no one else to do them for me.”

            “Schooling?”

            “Long story.” He nods. Probably just think that I need time off from my father.

            “Oooohhh, what is that for hyung? Do you have a girlfriend?” I ask pointing at the small box inside his plastic bag. (Btw, I call him ‘hyung’ because it’s just too girly to call him oppa and plus, people would misunderstand.) He’s cold with everyone else, somehow was nice to me. Was nice ever since. He’s practically the only one outside my circle of friends that I really act my age with. “Who is she?” I ask again. We’re now sitting on a bench near the fountain.

            “I don’t think you know her.”

            “Okay, well, since when?” silence. “hyunnggggg”

            “A year today.”

            “WHAT??!”

            “Shush it!” he said putting his hand on my mouth, and then slowly removing it.

            “A YEAR? Hyung why didn’t you tell me?”

            “Oh please, you have a lot on your mind. With everything going on, I don’t think that me having a girlfriend is important news.” I shrug guiltily. True, he’s always concern about me, rarely talks about himself. “Well, can I just at least know her name?”

            “Victoria. Victoria Song.” Hey, that name sounds quite familiar.

            “Don’t tell anyone though. She’s not, in my world.” That meaning she’s normal, not a rich heiress or something. Not born in a rich family, different from him. But then I got worried, if she’s not an heiress or rich or something that means he’s not supposed to be seeing her at all. He’s a rich heir, his father surely won’t approve.  “But hyu-”

            “Don’t worry. We’ll figure out something. I just want to enjoy my time with her for the time being.” I sigh, he must really love her to say such things. “Are you meeting her here then?” I ask.

            “Sort of. Taking her to dinner.” I nod again. Victoria, where have I heard that name?

            “Oppa!”

            “Vic.” He said standing up, I did too. Now I know why it sounded familiar.

            “Anyeonghaseyo.” I bowed. “Teacher?” I sort of ask.

            “Oh.” She said, surprised to see me too. I guess she remembers too. “Oh er, I’m not an official teacher yet at your school.” She told me.

            “You know each other?” Changmin asks, slightly confused.

            “We met at the headmistress office.” Victoria answered. I just nod. “You must be Jiwon right?” I look at Changmin, how did she know? “He talks a lot about you.” Said Victoria as if answering me.

            “Ah, really?” I said awkwardly. She just continue to smile to me.

            “We’ll be going now Jiwon. Next time you decide to come here, don’t forget to inform me okay?”

            “I will hyung. It slipped my mind that’s all.”

            I hesitate a little, considering whether or not to hug him. Before I even finished thinking Changmin already pulled me in for one of our tight hugs. I glance at Victoria, she didn’t show any jealousy, or is even surprise, she actually smiled wider.

            “See you later hyung. Nice meeting you, Victoria-sshi.” I bowed to her.

            “No need to be so formal Jiwon-ah.” She said.

            “Oh, well. Nice meeting you then, unnie.” I said, trying a smile.

            Changmin just smiles at my awkwardness, and then left after another goodbye. I mentally slap myself, why was I so awkward? Victoria probably is a nice person, seeing that Changmin fell for her. I wonder how they met.

            I got home safely. I called Sulli to check on how she’s doing but she didn’t answer. I don’t know, I have this feeling inside me telling something happened. I called again, this time going straight to voicemail. Maybe her phone died? I shook my head, maybe she’s just busy with that friends of hers. I look at the time, it’s getting late. I went to sleep with an uneasy feeling. I’ll find out when I go to school tomorrow I thought to myself.

            So I went to school early as usual. Just arriving at the gates when I saw Changmin dropping of Victoria. Again, I fought with myself if I should go and see him or not. Too late again, this time, Victoria spotted me.

            “Jiwon-ah!” she called me. I pretended to look surprised. “Oh, er, unnie. Anyeonghaseyo.” I said, bowing a little. Changmin got out of his car to look at us both.

            “Are you always this early?” she asks. I nod.

            “Um, are you an official teacher now?” I try to ask.

            “Yeah. There was um, some complication before.” She told me. I nod again with a simple “oh.” I wonder if it had something to do with her relationship with Changmin.

            “I have to go. Need to send in some files. See you around Jiwon-ah.” She said. “Call me when you’re finished.” Said Changmin as Victoria nods, smiling as she leaves.

            “You are so awkward with her you know. She doesn’t bite. She’s nice Jiwon, loosen up a bit.” Said Changmin looking at me. I shrug.

            “You know I’m not good with new people hyung.”

            “Can you do me a favour?” he asks suddenly.

            “What is it?” I ask, even though a little bit surprised. He rarely asks for favours.

            “Watch over her. Tell me if something happens. Even the slightest things. Okay?” Now I’m really confused. Watch over her? She’s a grown up woman. But then thinking about it, I was probably right about her having complication because of him. So I nod.

            “Tell me what really happen some other time?”

            “I will. Some other time. Now go to class. I need to leave for work.”

            “See ya hyung.” I wave as he got back in his car and drove away.

            Sulli is absent today. I wonder what’s wrong.. I mean, she didn’t even told me she’s gonna be absent, plus she didn’t even answer one of my calls last night. I almost went over to her friends to ask them if they knew but thought better. They probably don’t know either, or just don’t care. Oh Jiwon, I said mentally slapping myself again; So she doesn’t answer one of my calls, and is absent for a day, that doesn’t mean something bad happened. I’m just thinking too much again. It is weird without Sulli in class. I just realize she’s my only friend here. I have nobody to talk to, not that I talk much, but people kept trying to talk to me now that Sulli’s not here to talk to them for me. I do think she knows I’m not much of a talker. Maybe she even knows I’m not that cheery person I’m pretending to be. I also realized I don’t even have to pretend when I’m with her anymore, slowly, we’re really becoming good friends. I was really glad when the last bell rang to tell me school’s over.

            Heading to the school’s exit, I saw student’s gathering, I wasn’t even planning to go there when I realize they’re blocking the exit. “You don’t wanna go there, trust me.” Said a girl who I recalled as Luna. She’s friends with Krystal and Amber, they’re from our next-door class. Krystal just nods behind her, she doesn’t talk much either, she has her cold expression again today. Sulli told me she’s really nice if you’re friends with her, I saw her fool around once, I think I believe what Sulli told me. Amber on the other hand is a pretty tomboy-ish girl who loves to fool around. Luna’s the bright one, her smile never leaving her face. The three friends were heading for the back door instead. Just as the other students doing. The place was clearing up, and I was just about to follow the crowd when somebody caught me by the arm and threw me on the floor, sending the three books I was carrying flying. I grunted as I landed on the floor. Glaring I looked up to see who it was, fear was all over my face when I saw who it is.

            “Going somewhere? I told you I’d find you, and now I have.” Damn he’s creepy as heck. Trying to hide the fear inside, I stood up. “Dan listen-” I started when: PANG. He slapped me. He touched my face. He- PANG. Another full blown hit. I lost my balance, almost falling down again when somebody caught me. Looking up, I saw Jr., who didn’t even hesitate to fight back. Jr’s fast and strong, unfortunately Dan was just the same. “Jr-!” I tried to warn him when a punch from Dan came, hitting him full blast on his stomach. Dan has some martial arts done a while back, let’s just say he won’t be backing down easily. Finally snapping out of my head, I aim for his neck and kicked it, using all my might. He crashed down but got up like nothing hit him, just rubbing his neck slightly, with his disgusting grin on his face. I readied myself as he tried to grab me but missed, again and again as I just try to dodge all of his attacks. Getting tired I was pushed down, another grunt coming out of me. This time Bambam and Youngjae showed up. Seeing Jr clutching his stomach and me on the  ground was enough for them to run pass me and attacking Dan together. It was, fascinating seeing them both fight, knowing each other’s moves, I guess being best friends has a role in that. But Dan was no match for them either, they landed where I was just a moment ago. Jr recovered and fought back, this time joined by the just arriving Mark. The other gang are here too as I help Bambam get up with Yugyeom’s help. The fight is getting intense, I looked at JB. He shook his head, “Let the muscle guy do their job.” He says. ‘Muscle guys?’ I thought as Jr held Dan in his arm and Mark sends his infamous kicks. Switch up as Mark pinned him on the wall while Jr punches Dan numerous of times. Mark let go, and as if in a movie he and Jr both kick Dan at the same time and Dan fell on the ground, unconscious. I understand why they’re the muscle guys now.

            As soon as the fight was over I ran to them. “Are you okay?” I ask worriedly, Jr’s hand was bleeding and Mark’s face has some scratches.

            “I can’t, go home, like this.” Pants Jr, breathing heavily.

            “Me too.” Said Mark, his breathing now steadying. I nod, “My place then. Come on.” I said, scared Dan might wake. The others helps them both get up. We arrived at my apartment in no time with JB’s car.

            JB headed to the kitchen to cook an early dinner with Yugyeom and Jackson’s help as I treated the others. Bambam and Youngjae had no serious injury so I gave them ice for their swelling face. We ate in silence as I am still treating Jr, already finished with Mark. I wince as I accidentally moved my left wrist too fast, it hurts. “What’s wrong?” Mark asks, he noticed it. “Nothing.” I told him. “Jiwon.” He said, concern.

            “Ouch!  Easy Jiwon.” Said Jr squinting as I put in too much pressure. “Sorry.” I said as I continue to focus, completely ignoring Mark’s stare.

            The others eventually left, knowing their friends are in good hands. Mark and Jr stayed as I expected. Someone knocked on the door. My head shot up, thinking that somehow Dan found me. Mark saw my face and stood up to go to the door. Jr and I waited, our eyes not leaving the door.  

 

 

     A/N: Hope this isn't too short. I'll try to update faster, but no promises! So here's Victoria haha. And I introduced the other f(x) members too. Although it's just a cameo. I didn't plan the namings, I'll plan them better in the future. Sorry about that guys. And yeah, I paired Vic with Changmin since no one left suggestions. Sorry if you don't like them but it's done hehe. Stay with this story okay? Comments are really appreciated. Thanks for swinging by! (: