Chapter five

Remembering and Making Memories

Realizing it’s Friday and I’ve got nothing to do, I called Larry.

            “Hey Larry. It’s me, Jade.”

            “Jade, my dear. How are you doing?”

            “I’m good Larry thanks. How’s the investigation going? Anything new?”

            “Oh right, I was gonna call you about that. He was there alright, at XXX company. Unfortunately he left the day we went there.”

            “Damn it. I was one moment too late.”

            “It’s not your fault Jade. Sides, we have some new leads now thanks to you.”

            “Really? Well, that’s good I guess.” I really want to ask about my father, but I hesitate. I didn’t call him, but he didn’t bother to call me either. I sigh sadly.

            “He’s okay by the way. He’s doing fine, don’t worry about him. I know he worries about you too.” It was like him reading my mind, I smiled to myself.

            “Thanks Larry. Call me if anything else comes up?”

            “Sure, I will. And Jade?”

            “Mmm?”

            “You should call him you know.”

            “I know.”

            “Well goodbye and take care.”

            “I will. Later Larry.”

            I sigh as we hung up. Friday night and I’m bored. I glance at the clock, 8pm. Still early. Making up my mind, I change my clothes and went out into the cold night. I wasn’t exactly heading anywhere so I just walk.

And walk. And walk. And walk. And walk. And walk.

Until I saw a club. It was loud and was on full blast. Loud music coming from it. I can’t go in there, I’m just 17. It’s not like I want to go there anyway. So I turn around, about to take my leave, guess who I met?

Jackson Wang. The one Sulli said who goes clubbing. Shocker to find him here. “Hey there, Jiwon.” He said, eyeing me from top to bottom. I was wearing a very casual skinny jeans with denim jackets over my white blouse. I was simple, but he seems to think otherwise. “I didn’t know you like to go to places like this too.” He said. “I don’t. I was just passing by.” I told him honestly. “Well, do you want to come in with me? I can buy you a drink.” He said again. I raised my eyebrows. “Er, no thanks. I won’t even be able to enter anyway.” I said. I was gonna leave again when I finally notice the six other guys heading here. “You own this club don’t you?” I ask Jackson, knowing the answer already. “Yep. Smart girl you have here Mark.” He said loudly as they arrived. “Whatever. Well, you boys have fun. I’m gonna lea-” I said when Jackson cut me, “Stay for a bit. Get to know each other.” He tried to talk me into it. “Yeah, it is Friday night. You’re don’t want to be alone on a Friday night right?”  Suddenly Yugyeom in. I frown at him and sigh as each of them passed me, one by one. Mark was last, he stretch out his hand, his face saying, ‘This won’t bite’. I rolled my eyes and took it, muttering, “Oh fine.”. Mark just smiled.

We got in easily. The security didn’t even checked on us but even bowed deeply to each of the boys. They eyed me though but seeing me with them was enough to let me pass. Is this how powerful the boys are? Enough to pass security like that and walk straight to the VIP lounge? I never had this kind of privilege before. “What would you like to drink?” Mark asks me when we sat down. I was sitting beside him at the half circular table, I’m sitting at the end. “I’ll just get JinHee’s.” I answered, not realizing I got a curious glance from JB. We have this regular drinks we always order, each of us has our own favourites. So instead of saying the drink’s name, we say our name. It became a habit, even our favourite café knows it. Or at least used too. It’s not alcohol but tastes great. “You’ve been drinking KangJoon’s?” I asks, smirking. “Yeah. You said you hated JinHee’s.”

“Used too. I tried it again once and I liked it. Don’t tell her though.” I add as we laugh. The boys eyed us, but we were too immersed with ourselves to notice.

“You know, I think they know each other before.” Said Bambam.

“Yeah. Just look at them.” Agreed YoungJae.

“Hey Jiwon?” Called Jr suddenly.

My eyes search to who was calling me. “Yes?” I asked. “Where are you from?” he asks. Damn, this ‘getting to know you’ talk again. “America.” I answered simply. “No wonder.” Said Yugyeom. I ignored him. Probably found out why I wasn’t so easy and is honest. “And you boys?” I asks.

“Mark used to live in America when he was younger right Mark? Jackson’s from Hong Kong and Bambam is born in Thailand. The others are Koreans.” said JB. Mark nod, he knows I already knows anyway. I pretended I didn’t. Surprised that they are actually multinational.

“Drinks are here.” Said Jr. as the drinks came. They talk for a bit again before hitting the dance floor. Jackson already had two girls wrap around him. Yugyeom and Jr. have one each as Bambam and YoungJae shared one. I laugh seeing them.

“I thought Jr. is a bit innocent than the others.” I said out loud.

“He’s been a little bit stressed out with his studies lately. His parents are getting stricter.” Answered Mark. He, JB and I don’t really feel like dancing.

“But he’s a genius.” I said. And he is, always on top of his class.

“Parents can have a very impact you know. That’s what happening to Jr. right now.” Said JB. I nod. Feels like KangTa, Mark smiled sadly, probably thinks the same. We chat some more. I was getting tired, and still felt uneasy being here. It’s like something wrong could happen any moment now. So I excused myself from them at 11pm. I was here longer than I thought. I decline Mark’s offer to drive me home once again.

At home, I was already in my pyjamas when Mark called. “We need a place to crash.” He said cutting straight to the point. I’m used to it, we’re always like that anyway. “Why?” I ask. He said ‘we’ and that is not good news. I can’t have 6 boys I barely know sleep in an apartment that’s not even mine. “Road block. And before you ask us to get a hotel, we can’t get caught by our parents. The other boys are, er, drunk and can’t go anywhere like this.” I sigh. “I can’t-” I started when he cut in, “Please? Just this once. We really need your help.” He pleaded, sounding desperate. I sigh, “Fine, I’ll text you my address.” I said, hanging up. But not before I heard his scream, “EW DON’T PUKE ON ME JACKSON!!” I laugh.

I quickly got my living room ready. I found extra blankets. They’ll have to share. I sacrificed some of my pillows too. Just as I finished, the doorbell rang. I opened it. My eyes widen at the sight.

Yugyeom was standing in front, I could tell he doesn’t even recognize me. “Pretty little lady.” He said pointing at me while smiling like a dork. Behind him was Bambam and YoungJae, shoulder to shoulder, swaying to an unknown beat. And then Mark, slightly grinning holding Jr. and JB with Jackson who had completely collapse.

I guided Yugyeom to the carpet I prepared, he crash to the ground and then fell asleep. Next I went to the two pranksters Bambam and YoungJae. They swayed left to right while singing some songs. I laid them down, trying to separate them with no success. I gave up and left them be. Mark brought Jr. in  while I went to help JB with Jackson. He was almost on the ground. “Ugh, you’re heavy Jackson.” I grunted as he really collapses on the ground. I covered them all with blankets before turning to Mark.  “Really? I hang out with you guys for one night, and this –I point to the boys on the floor- is what I get?” I said crossing my arms. What if Leeteuk suddenly finds out? I’ll be in so much trouble. “Kumao.” He said with his right scratching his neck –a sign of guilt- shrugging. I rolled my eyes. “Jiwon? Can I use the bathroom?” JB asks suddenly. I smiled, “Sure, that way.” I told him pointing at the bathroom. “You owe me one. Drinks?” I offered. He nods, smiling. I made two cup of coffee for him and JB. They drank some alcohol, might have a headache tomorrow. JB looked relieve with the drinks. I looked at the clock, past midnight already. “I’m going to bed. Good night.” I said. “Don’t touch anything!” I add as I closed my door, not forgetting to lock it. “It’s not like we’re gonna go in anyway!” I heard Mark shout. “Shut up before I kick you out Mark!” I shout back, smiling. I was so tired that I practically slept like a log –which probably isn’t the smartest thing to do with 7 boys in the same apartment as you- but I couldn’t help it. Besides, I don’t know if I had loosened up lately, but I don’t think the boys are dangerous at all. I know we fought and all, but maybe we just started off wrong. Tonight was fun, I have to admit that. Hanging out with them was worth my time, I smiled all night, now that’s something.

The next morning I woke up with the sound of someone cooking. Cooking? Who- right, the boys are here. I washed up and came out of my room.

“Morning.” Said JB in his accent. I smiled. “Good morning.” I replied.

“I hope you don’t mind, but I think the boys would be hungry when they wake up.”

“It’s okay. Oh, I’ll go and make the drinks then.” I said walking across the sleeping boys. Mark heard me and woke up, without saying anything he went straight to the bathroom. It’s his habit, always had to use the toilet in the morning. He peed once when the toilet was locked in the morning, ahh, his embarrassing memories, I chuckled to myself. “Why are you smiling like that?” Mark asks when he got out. “Oh, just some, ah, random memories that popped into my head.” I answered still smiling. “What memories Jiwon?” asks JB suddenly. Mark eyes lit up, as if remembering. “Shut it! Don’t you dare Jiwon.” Mark warns me immediately. I laugh, “I didn’t say anything, gosh.” I said putting down the drinks I just made. “Stop with the english moment now guys.” Said JB trying to sound angry, we laugh instead.

It was practically noon when they all got up. I was reading on the couch then. Mark was chatting with JB in the kitchen. Jr. was first, followed by Jackson, and then Yugyeom, ended by Bambam and YoungJae waking up together. They screamed when they saw how close they were with each other.

“What are you doing sleeping close to me like that??!” shouted Bambam.

“Me? ME?? You’re the one who has your arms around me! ARGH!” screamed back YoungJae.

“WHAT?! WAS NOT!” defended Bambam.

“YES YOU DID, YOU PUT YOUR ARMS AROUND ME!”

“WHY DIDN’T YOU PUSH ME AWAY THEN?!”

“I WAS-!”

“BOYS! Enough already, you’re gonna make the neighbour angry. You’re lucky it’s noon.” Cut in JB, his voice was a little bit commanding this time. They stopped, pretending to brush themselves off. “Nice hair guys.” I suddenly spoke up, they didn’t even notice me. “Especially you Yugyeom. Spiky hair suites you well.” I . “Oh shut up you.” He said, and then look at me. “Wait a sec, why are you here?” he asks, finally looking where he was. I chuckled. “Where do you think you are?” I ask. Yugyeom was confused, so was the others. JB spoke up again. “We’re at Jiwon’s apartment. There was road block, we couldn’t get home.” He told them. They nod as Mark and I laugh silently. I put down my book and made them drinks. I went to the cupboard after, I remembered seeing something that helps with hangovers. Ahh, there it is, I grab five of the pills. “Here boys, drink it with this.” I said handing them the pills. They ate it at the same time without a word. “Tastes like piss though.” I add at the last second. They cough, but it was too late, they already swallowed it. “Yuuuucckkkk!” “Ewwwwwww!” they said in unison as they all stuck out they tongue in disgust. “Hey, the coffee helps with the taste, a little bit.” I said again. “You, are one dangerous girl Jiwon.” Said Jackson, wiping his mouth. I just smirked.

They got themselves comfortable and we started watching TV. Suddenly Bambam spoke, “I like it here. We seem to be taken care well.”

“Yeah, I’ve never got over my hangover this fast before.” Agreed YoungJae, they laugh together. I rolled my eyes, shaking my head. Maybe I did felt lonely before they came, so I guess I kinda did took care of them. I don’t know, I just take really good care of people, lol. They were joking around, having laughing fits together.

So this is how they actually are, they’re pretty much normal, crazy at times, but normal. Just like any teenagers out there. I saw a new side to them, each and every one of them. The nice side of Yugyeom, the playful side of Jr., seeing Bambam and YoungJae trolling, Jackson being a total dork, Mark being talkative, and JB doing some crazy grandpa impersonations. All we did was laugh. “Do it again! JB do it again!” I said, asking him to do his famous old men impersonations. We laugh out hearts out as he did another one. After that, his phone rang and he answered, putting up a hand to quite us down. Didn’t work. “Mark shush it! JB’s on the phone!” I said throwing him a cushion. He caught it, stuck his tongue on me and throw it back. “Yah!” I shouted, shielding myself. “Both of you needs to stop!” cut in Jr. Mark and I look at each other, as if reading each others mind we both took a cushion each and throw it to Jr. who was quick to dodge. The others joined; Bambam, YoungJae, Mark and I are one team while Jr., Jackson, and Yugyeom makes the other team. Nobody even cared that it wasn’t a fair fight. JB had to go out to take the call seeing how hopeless we all are.

“GUYS!” Shouted JB over the noises. We stopped, mostly because we’re tired out. “First of all, the neighbours won’t like the noise. And, turns out the road is cleared. We should get going now.” I feel myself being sad, which was stupid because it’s not like we’re never gonna see each other again, but still. I had fun. So they all left, one by one. “Kumawo, Jiwon-ah.” Thanked JB. I nod and then bowed, “Anytime. Go home safely.” I add, waving. Mark throws one last cushion at me, which made me stuck out my tongue and he replied with a familiar grin. I closed the door and then sat on the couch, exhausted.

 

 

   A/N: I'm sorry if its short, I really didn't have any time to write. But I wanted to update too, so here it is. Again, forgive me if there's any mistakes. This chapter reallly focuses on Jiwon and the Got7 boys get closer.So yeah, they don't hate each other any more. it also focuses on their other side that they don't show very often. Haha. Is it too cheesy? (>.<) I tried tho. ANYWAY, new subscribers!! Thank you so much <3 Comment if you want to, I'd love to read it. Oh, btw, Victoria will be up in the next chapter (: I'm pairing her up with someone, have anybody in your mind? Just comment and I'll consider it hehe (: I'll try to make more progress on the story, i don't think it would take too long (?). Not sure. But hey, i hope you stick with this newbie til the end. Thanks for reading! :D