HAPPINESS (Taengsic)

POISON AND WINE

It was the 3rd day of their fieldtrip when Taeyeon entered the hotel room with an irritated look on her face. “Damn.” She murmured as soon as she grabbed her laptop and landed her on the couch. She dialled her secretary’s number and the latter answered it right away. “Tell me what happened.” Taeyeon said in her calmest voice. “Good evening Ms. Kim. Well umm.. your father, President Kim.. wanted to change the date of the meeting.. He wanted it to be held as soon as you’re back in Seoul.” Taeyeon knew she can’t do anything but to follow what her dad said. “Fine.” She ended the call.

 

Taeyeon is in the midst of doing her work when she heard a loud bang made by her roommate, Jessica Jung.

 

“I’m trying to work here. Please be quiet.” Jessica scoffed at her as she slumped her body in her bed.

“Excuse me Ms. Kim if I disturbed your work but Mrs. Park asked me to tell you that they have already prepared the dinner."

“Oh. I don’t wanna eat. Thanks for informing me though.”

 

Taeyeon continued doing her work and Jessica didn’t bother her. Soon enough, Jessica stood up and grabbed her jacket above the table. “I’m going outside midget.” She said. She closed the door as she stepped out of their room.

Taeyeon didn’t utter a single word. She glanced at the clock that reads

 

“11:30 PM. WHERE THE HELL IS SHE PLANNING TO GO?” She mentally scolded herself. Looking very worried, she saved her work, closed her laptop and grabbed her phone. She wanted to call Jessica so bad but her pride ate her up. She waited for about 20 minutes. When her phone rang, she hastily answered it.

 

“Tae..Taeyeon.” She stood up immediately as soon as she heard a scared voice.. more like crying. “Where’s Yuri?” Jessica asked. Taeyeon was stunned. Why did she call her instead of Yuri? She felt a hint of jealousy.

“Where are you?” Taeyeon shouted at her.

“I’m at ***** Please tell Yuri to come here.. I need.. I need –“  Taeyeon took her jacket and wallet at a really fast pace and hurriedly went out of the room. She ran as fast as she could. She didn’t mind the wound she got when a bike hit her while running.

 

“Let me go, you .” She tried to locate where that voice is. It was from a dark alley. She knew it was Jessica.

“.” She said as she ran again.

 

She was panting when she reached the place. There’s no one there except for the ugly looking guy, Jessica and Taeyeon. She took a breath deeply before she smacked the guy’s face. She kicked his balls that made him wince in pain. She grabbed the opportunity to hit him harder. Blood was oozing from the guy’s body. He knew it was his limit. He can’t do anything but to give up. “I give up.” He waved his hand trying to get Taeyeon’s attention. She stopped kicking him but she grabbed his collar. “Don’t you dare try to touch her again or I’ll kill you.” The man nodded and ran fast as he could when Taeyeon let him go.

 

“Tae.. Taeyon.” Jessica bowed her head. “I’m sorry for giving you a lot of troubles.” Taeyeon just smiled at her innocent look. She hugged her.. tight. Taeyeon started to caress Jessica’s hair too. “It’s late.” Jessica returned the hug and smiled at Taeyeon’s concern.

 

“I’m sorry Taengoo. I just want to walk around and get some fresh air.”

“Oh really? This late night? I need an honest answer Jung Sooyeon.” Jessica thought that Taeyeon was mad so she quickly apologized again. It was the first time she heard Taeyeon calling her real name.

“I was just concerned Taeyeon. You didn’t eat your dinner. You’re staying up late just to finish your work. You’re just 18 Taengoo yet you're tiring yourself.” Jessica buried her face on Taeyeon’s neck and wrapped her arms on the latter’s waist.

“I am 10 times more worried when you left, Sica. What if something did happen to you? You’re just 18 too.”

“Hey. Stop blaming me.”

“Fine. Anyway, where’s my food then?”

“What? What do you mean your food?”

“You told me you were concerned  when I didn’t eat my dinner so I assumed you bought one for me.”

“Well, that stupid guy threw it. What a waste.”

“Let’s eat together then. I know you’re hungry.” Taeyeon kissed Jessica’s forehead before releasing her from the hug.

 

Jessica felt giddy after Taeyeon kissed her. She tried to hide the blush but the latter noticed it. “Are you okay Sica? Did the guy hurt you?" Taeyeon stopped from walking and looked at Jessica’s eyes. Sica replied by just shaking her head. Feeling contented, Taeyeon started to walk again intertwining her fingers with Jessica.

 

“Are you okay Taengoo?” Jessica noticed the wound on Taeyeon’s arms but instead of giving her a yes or no answer, Taeyeon just nodded her head.

 

 

 

The smell of the noodles made them more hungry. They ordered two bowls and drinks. When the food came, they started digging it. When they felt they ate enough to fill their stomachs, they stood up, went to the cashier and paid for the food.

 

 

 

As soon as they entered their hotel room, Jessica took a medicine kit. She let Taeyeon go for a shower before treting her wound. She smiled at the thoughts that kept on bugging her right now. Taeyeon kissed her forehead, Taeyeon intertwined their fingers, everything about Taeyeon drives her crazy.

 

“Stop smiling like an idiot.” Jessica pouted as she started to treat Taeyeon’s wound. After 15 minutes, Taeyeon stood up and took her pillow. She slumped her body in Jessica’s bed.

 

“What are you doing there?”

“I’m gonna sleep.”

“You have your own bed!!”

“I want to sleep with you.”

 

Jessica blushed at the unexpected confession. She lay down slowly and closed her eyes. She felt Taeyeon’s warmth.

 

“I want you to be my girl, Sica.”

“I am all yours, Taengoo.”

“I love you..”

“I love you too..”

 

The two fell asleep not knowing what will happen for the next few days. Taeyeon forgot about her ongoing project and Jessica didn’t remember they have an upcoming exam next week. There’s just one thing that surrounded the room..

 

HAPPINESS.