When Paths Cross

Daydreamin

*Phone ring* Beep! Beep! Beep!

You groggily looked at the Caller ID, and as your vision slowly corrected, you saw your boss calling, at 6:00AM in the morning. You reliantly picked up the phone, and changed your voice to a happy and energetic voice.

“Good Morning, Boss-nim how may I help you?” you said very happily.

“Get to the office by 7:00, and get me a Carmel Macchiato Upside Down with Extra Shot, DON’T BE LATE” he strongly demanded and hung up.

Oh how you thought that today is going to be a “perfect” day, seeing how you woke up to your demanding boss and now need to run errands for him. On top of that you have two exams today for Chinese and Statistics. Let’s just hope your day ends in one piece. And nothing else will go wrong with your busy busy day.


 

You rushed out of bed and quickly got ready, you only had one more week of this internship at M.E Corporations, and you need to diligently finish it, so that you can get good work experience and references for other future job opportunities.

When you got to Starbucks, you saw the line as it wrapped around the block, you mentally face palmed yourself and thought how screwed you were and why you always have to have such bad luck. When you finally ordered and got your drink you turned around and someone bumped into you, making you spill the coffee all over the ground. You were beyond furious, and were strongly debating the pros and cons of murder right now.

“Sorry! I am so sorry miss. I will buy you a new one” the man said in his broken Korean.

You looked up and saw *Luhan's Puppy Dog Face*

Although, he had a face of a God, you were extremely furious and scared as your job was on the line as you only have 30 minute until you have to be at work.

“It’s fine! I will just get a new one. You might just get in the way again.” You said with an angry tone.

“No, but I insist, let me at least wait with you” he said as he got in line with you.  “So what is your name? I am Luhan” he said has he put his hand out for a handshake, trying to make small talk.

“Luhan?” you skeptically stated. “You must be from out of town.”

“Yes. I am studying abroad here from China, at Yonsei University” he said

“Oh really, I am a student there too” you stated and shuck his hand. “Wo De Mingzi Shi Song JiYeon a third year, Majoring in Corporate Finance.” You said in your basic Chinese. Hahaha, “I am taking Chinese in school right now, is it bad?” 

He laughs and says, "Bu Shi, Not at all, its pretty good" with two thumbs up!

Throughout the whole wait, Luhan and you got to know each other better, and shared everything with each other. By the time you got you coffee you had 10 minute left before you were late to work, and was feeling kinda sad that you had to leave Luhan. After knowing him you knew so much about him and found out that you guys had a lot in common, like you were both masters on the rubric cube and you both like to eat hot pot. It made you wish that the line was kinda longer. 

Right when I was about to leave, he asked "so do you want to hang out later?" 

As happy as that made you, you quickly declined it, saying "Sorry, but I am very busy, hope to see you around."