Chapter 1

Do You Ever Know?

Jaebum loses all of his mind. This time, he has drunk six glasses of Vodka in amount. He leans himself against the sofa, squeezing his forehead due to bombastic dizziness. “Are you alright?” Jackson who sits right beside him, asks. Jaebum can’t actually hear him. Besides the music which is being played by the DJ is too loud, at this state he may have broken all nerves in his brain.

 

Hyung, you better go home.” Another half-drunk guy Jinyoung says. He takes a glimpse on Jackson and Mark who are in their responsibilities for driving Jaebum home because, he himself brought his girlfriend here and he is in the charge to drive her home.

 

“Where is Cheoram?” Mark nudges at Jinyoung who is under his unconsciousness. He looks at Mark with curiosity because Cheoram is his girlfriend. “No, no. I am just asking. She has not been around for a while, right?” Jinyoung nods and reluctantly points to the way to the restroom.

 

“I’m going to restroom.” Suddenly Jaebum excuses himself. The moment he rises from his position, all the boys intentionally rise to support him, worrying Jaebum who might get worse. “I’m okay. Just leave me alone. I’m going to vomit.”

 

“Ah. Okay.”

 

Jaebum is too staggered to walk alone to the restroom. For every step he takes, he needs to hold something to support himself. “Ah, sorry.” He says to the attendant who is accidentally bumped by him. “Sorry, sorry.” Once again he bumps a man tougher than him.

 

Finally he can let himself out from the world’s temporary frenetic. He rushes his hears for having heard too many mixed music that are actually noisy―if he is having his logical thinking―but, why people do like it that much. Blended with many alive bodies touching, bumping, dancing, and whooping at each other actually is Jaebum’s delight but, not for this time. He is already tired physically and mentally. It’s like ain’t no cure can heal him from the problem he is suffering right now.

 

Fortunately, the restroom that is actually open for boys and girls is not that crowded. Because of his unbalanced sight, Jaebum can’t recognize anyone so, he thinks that it’s okay to vomit as much as he wants without thinking people will be disgusted at him.

 

Jaebum runs to the sink and quickly turns the tap on. Three seconds later, he really vomits. He is too nausea to face reality and Vodka is the only thing to drag it out successfully. After the vomit, he lets out a heavy sigh. Looking his reflection on the mirror makes him realizes how messy he looks. He groans, splashing water on his face. No one can shield his head from the dizziness, whatever because whom he needs isn’t here. The one that is supposed to be here but, his failure leads her to the state which she doesn’t want to be with him anymore.

 

“.” All the things he can do is mocking at himself. Feeling regretful doesn’t solve anything, Mark says, but, Jaebum is the one who experiences this bitter state. Every advice he gets has become null. He just wants her to come back to his embrace―if only he is given another second chance for atoning his sins.

 

***
To Be Continued