002

Melting the Heart of Ice

Kaisoo: 

    “I can’t believe we have to walk half a mile to get food for people.” Kyungsoo kicked a rock while walking, “It’s freezing too!”

    “Well we are going to eat the food to; come on it won’t be that bad.” Kai smiled.

    “Ugh…we only have 2 flashlights and its freaking dark! Is this even safe?!” Kyungsoo sighed.

    “Don’t worry we’re almost there I see a tiny lighted cabin over there.” Kai pointed. Kyungsoo turned to Kai and gave him a smile, a smile that melted Kai right at the spot. Kai thanked that it was dark because Kyungsoo would be seeing his bright face by now.

    While walking straight in silence Kai realized Kyungsoo continuously warming his hand up using his breath. Kai immediately took off his coat and hesitantly wrapped it around Kyungsoo.

    Kyungsoo stopped in his tracks feeling his heart race like crazy, he cleared his throat. Why is Kai making me feel like this…

    Kai on the other hand wanted to jump into a ditch because that was so embarrassing. He isn’t sure what Kyungsoo is thinking right now but he hopes it’s nothing bad.

    After 5 minutes they finally arrived at the cozy office and the owner immediately gave them the food supplies in a bag. Kai decided to hold it because he didn’t want Kyungsoo to hold something too heavy. “Kai, I-I can help you carry that.” Kyungsoo stuttered.

    “It’s fine, this isn’t heavy at all!” Kai lied because boy did his shoulders hurt. He was carrying a 15 pound bag on his back. While walking for 5 minutes Kai stopped in his tracks wiping his sweat which dripped down. Kyungsoo walked over and ruffled Kai’s hair grabbing one bag.

    Kai smiled like a loser scratched his head embarrassed. I’m so in love with Kyungsoo.

   

 

    Baekhyun sat down on the chair in front of the fireplace bored to death. He sighed when he saw Chanyeol by the lake throwing rocks in. Chanyeol ran to Baekhyun smiling like crazy, “The air down at the lake is so nice!”

    Baekhyun looked at him weirdly then turned around to see if Chanyeol was talking to someone else. “No thanks I’m fine.” Baekhyun answered plainly making Chanyeol pout.

    “I’ll go with you.” Kris smiled and walked over to Chanyeol.

    “Okay!” Chanyeol smiled slightly looking at Baekhyun once last time before going with Kris. Baekhyun got up and scoffed, “When is Kyungsoo and Kai coming back?!”

    Someone slapped Baekhyun on the back making him jump, “Did our Baekhyunnie wait too long?” Kyungsoo smiled.

    “What took you guys so long?!”

    “We had to walk a mile and half carrying heavy bags of food! It was freaking dark too.” Kai crossed his arms when he saw Kyungsoo cling onto Baekhyun.

    Baekhyun cleared his throat pulled away from Kyungsoo because Kai’s glare was getting too serious.

    Everyone’s stomach was growling at the smell of food being cooked. Everyone was sitting at the benched table and Chanyeol sat at the corner with Kris glancing at Baekhyun once in a while.

    Baekhyun just ate his food normally while talking to other classmates. “Chanyeol?” Kris repeated again.

    “Yeah?” Chanyeol snapped back to reality.

    Kris laughed, “Never mind you just looked dazed.”

 

 

    After dinner it was time for Baekhyun and Chanyeol to wash the dishes. Baekhyun really didn’t expect much from Chanyeol but he was amused because Chanyeol was so into it. “I’m done with my batch of dishes!” Chanyeol clapped his hands, “Baekhyun do you need help?”

    “How in the world do you do this so fast…and sure I guess.” Baekhyun answered. Atleast he has a good thing about him…washing dishes.

   The two of them started heading back to their room after washing all the dishes. Chanyeol got out of the bathroom drying his damp hair with a towel, “I cleaned the bathroom for you!”

    “Erm thanks.” Baekhyun grabbed his clothes and headed in the bathroom closing it. Chanyeol smiled and plopped down on his bed I can’t believe I’m sharing a room with Baekhyun.

    Chanyeol walked toward Baekhyun’s bed and sat on it giggling. “AHH!” Baekhyun shrieked. Chanyeol got up in a hurry and opened the bathroom seeing shirtless cringing. Chanyeol gasped and covered his eyes.

    “You stupid!! Can you help me k-k-kill that thing?!” Baekhyun pointed. Chanyeol opened his eyes and looked down at a small harmless house spider. Chanyeol started laughing because of how cute Baekhyun looked.

    “Hey! Did you not hear me?” Baekhyun rolled his eyes.

    “Sorry.” Chanyeol cleared his voice and bent down taking a paper letting the spider crawl onto it. Chanyeol opened the balcony door and placed the paper outside then closed the door.

    Baekhyun sighed in relief as he put his grey sweater on. “So you’re scared of spiders I see.” Chanyeol sat down on his bed.

   “NO! Well…I guess.” Baekhyun sighed and plopped down on his bed looking at the giant. He feels like he shouldn’t that mean to the latter. Baekhyun does think that he’s annoying as heck but since they’re going to be living together for 4 weeks they have to know each other a little. “So let’s get to know each other a little bit since we are roommates for what 4 weeks?” Baekhyun cleared his throat.

    “Okay!” Chanyeol beamed feeling like the happiest person on earth.

    “Okay then…um who do you live with?” Baekhyun randomly asked.

    “Oh well…um I live with my mom since my dad left both of us.” Chanyeol replied with a frown.

    “Oh…sorry for asking.” Baekhyun apologized, “Anyways I live with parents and I have a younger brother.”

    “So that means there’s another mini Baekhyun?” Chanyeol asked laughing.

    “Is that a bad thing?” Baekhyun furrowed his eyebrows, “Anyways what are your hobbies.”

    “Raising ferrets!” Chanyeol excitedly exclaimed.

    “Erm…okay...well I don’t really have a hobby but maybe singing I guess.” Baekhyun got under his covers.

    “Ooh I would like to hear you sing!!” Chanyeol clapped his hands.

    “Like I would do that for you, anyways night.” Baekhyun turned off the lights. Chanyeol buried himself under the covers smiling to himself he’s glad that he got to know Baekhyun better.

 

 

    The next cloudy morning Baekhyun woke up at 4:30 because he couldn’t stand the cold at all. One thing Baekhyun hates is the cold…no the freezing cold. Baekhyun got out of his bed shaking and walking toward his closet area wearing a warm grey hoodie over his black long sleeve. It was still pretty dark outside and Baekhyun decided to sit by the window next to Chanyeol’s bed.

    He tiptoed over to the window area glancing over Chanyeol who let out a loud snore. Baekhyun scoffed and sighed sitting by the window looking out of it seeing the snow falling one by one. As Baekhyun stared out of the window he turned towards Chanyeol who sat up rubbing his eyes.

    “Baekhyun?” He asked in a horsed voice.

    “W-What?” Baekhyun cleared his throat.

    “What are you doing at this time?” He asked.

    “Why do you care…” Baekhyun rolled his eyes, “Did I wake you up?”

    “Nope, well yes kind of I guess. I just had a feeling to wake up.” Chanyeol shurgged.

    “Psh whatever.” Baekhyun shook his head getting up, “Do you know what time we are supposed to meet Mr.Lee?”

    “Yup um around 3 hours from now…7!” Chanyeol exclaimed.

    “Ok.” Baekhyun walked into the bathroom. Chanyeol laid back in his bed grabbing his phone off the desk beside his bed. 27 more days with Baekhyun yay!

    As Baekhyun got out of the bathroom dressed warmly he exited the room walking towards Kai and Kyungsoo’s room. When he arrived in front of the room he sees Kai exiting the room, “Oh hey what are you doing here so early?”

    “I don’t know to visit you guys what else I can’t be inside my room with Chanyeol forever.”

    “Oh yeah, how is he?” Kai asked.

    “He has many weird habits I guess?” Baekhyun answered shrugging, “In other words…he just isn’t my type.”

    “So what now you’re saying you’re gay?” Kai laughed.

    “No I’m bi stupid. What so you’re saying you’re not gay...for Kyungsoo?” Baekhyun smirked gaining a glare from Kai.

   “What are you guys doing so early in the morning?” Popped out sleepy Kyungsoo in his pjs.

    “N-NOTHING!” Kai explained turning a deep shade of red.

    “What’s wrong with you Kai?” Kyungsoo shook his head, “Oh hey Baekhyun!!” Kyungsoo walked over and pulled him inside the room.

    “How’s your roommate?” Kyungsoo asked.

    “Baekhyun said he isn’t his type.” Kai smirked.

    “I see.” Kyungsoo laughed.

    “So how was it sharing a room with Kai?” Baekhyun asked.

    “Kai is such a weird sleeper he falls on the ground all the time.” Kyungsoo looked over at Kai sticking his tongue out.

    “W-Wait what when did I do that.” Kai blushed. Baekhyun scoffed at his best friend Kai is acting way to obvious.

    “I’m hungry… I should of slept more.” Kyungsoo sighed.

    “Is the cafeteria open?” Kai asked.

    “I don’t think so…it’s too early.” Baekhyun plopped down on Kai’s bed but then someone caught all of their attention. Chanyeol was in his sweatpants and jacket stopping in front of the room awkwardly.

    “O-Oh um sorry!!” Chanyeol apologized.

    “Hey Chanyeol! You can come in and hang out with us.” Kyungsoo invited giving Baekhyun a giant smile.

    “Really…?” Chanyeol stepped in, “Are you sure?”

    “Yeah it’s nothing you can hang out with us.” Kai assured. Chanyeol hesitately looked over at Baekhyun who didn’t really seem to care at all making Baekhyun glance over at Chanyeol meeting eyes with the latter.

    Baekhyun seemed to get lost into the taller’s eyes for some reason. “Baekhyun?” Kai asked the second time.

    “Huh what?” Baekhyun shook his head.

    “Let’s go down and eat the cafeteria is open.” Kai explained getting up. Chanyeol and Baekhyun walked together down towards the lobby area. Baekhyun is beginning to be okay with Chanyeol’s presence. It isn’t annoying him as much like before.

    On the way into the kitchen Kris stopped in front of Baekhyun and Chanyeol smiling, “Hey Chanyeol.”

    “Oh hi Kris!” Chanyeol brightly smiled while walking over to Kris. Baekhyun looked at the two of them weirdly. Are they close or what.

    During breakfast Sehun walked over the table, “Hey guys can I sit here?”

    Kyungsoo looked over at Kai who avoided looking at him. “Sure why not?” Kai said shrugging.

    “Thanks.” Sehun sat down besides Kai smiling. Baekhyun glanced over Kyungsoo who looked down the whole time.

    “I like your outfit today.” Sehun complimented Kai.

    “Erm…thanks?” Kai replied. Everything got really awkward in the table and Baekhyun was probably the most awkward. He was basically stuck between a silent battle of jealousy.

    Baekhyun cleared his throat, “Do you guys know what activity we are doing later?”

    “I don’t know but I heard the bell or horn will ring soon.” Kai replied drinking his cup of hot chocolate.

    “Oh okay.” Baekhyun replied standing up to throw his trash away but finding Chanyeol staring at him.

    “Uh…”Baekhyun stared at Chanyeol back weirdly making the other look away quickly turning different shades of red. Is Kai really right? Chanyeol possibly likes him? Oh well…mind as well ignore it.

 

 

 

    The bell rang right when Baekhyun got back to the table seeing Kyungsoo stand up nestling his head on him. “Kyungsoo what happened?” Baekhyun asked surprised.

    “It’s just…nevermind.” He sighed and looked down clinging on Baekhyun’s arm while they walked out of the cabin.

    Kai started to get worried when he saw Kyungsoo look so upset. He doesn’t know what he did wrong but it breaks his heart when he sees Kyungsoo ignore him.

    “OKAY STUDENTS ARE YOU ALL GATHERED HERE?!” Mr. Lee shouted, “Okay since all of you guys are here let me you explain your first activity since it’s such a beautfiul snowy day today. So since I assigned you guys partners for the 4 weeks here you guys are going to be with your partners for today’s activity. The activity today will be a hike up the mountains!”

    “Seriously hiking…in this snow?” Sehun sighed, “I have to do it with the girly Luhan too?”

    “Hey at least you’re not doing it yourself.” Baekhyun replied back, “Kai are you and Kyungsoo ready?” He winked at Kyungsoo earning rolling eyes.

    “Okay guys hurry up get with your partners!!” Mr. Lee shouted. Chanyeol ran up to Baekhyun waving.

    Baekhyun gave a nod and sighed, “Have you hiked before?”

    “Of course I’m almost an expert on this! I always go hiking with my grandpa.” He smiled, “How about you?”

    “Well…it’s sorta…my first time.” Baekhyun muttered the last part.

    Chanyeol grabbed Baekhyun’s hands making Baekhyun shiver, “It’s okay we can do it together!”

    Baekhyun can feel himself get flustered so he coolly pulled away his hand. Who is he to…hold my hand…and make me flustered annoyed.

    Every pair started hiking their way up the mountain. Kyungsoo and Kai were in front of them staying close together and Baekhyun can see Kyungsoo smile normally again.

    When Baekhyun and Chanyeol started hiking up the mountain Baekhyun thought it was a piece of cake but not until they got higher…

    Chanyeol stopped in his tracks when he realized that Baekhyun started slowing down. Chanyeol laughed a bit and held his hand out.

    “What…you think I need help? Psh.” Baekhyun fixed his scarf and took one step up gasping because he almost slipped. “AHH!” He thought he was about to fall down right at that moment but luckily Chanyeol’s hand was there.

    “Baekhyun are you okay?!” Chanyeol asked worried.

    “Y-Yeah.” He cleared his throat and got his balance. Baekhyun decided not to be stupid and clumsy anymore and actually care about his life so he hiked right next to Chanyeol.

    Chanyeol on the other hand felt like his heart was about to explode like fireworks in any minute. He held Baekhyun’s hands and they were the warmest and prettiest hands he ever felt. Baekhyun is so perfect.

    The two of them were obviously the last one on the route. Everyone is probably almost at the end because looking straight they can’t see anyone in sight. “Are we there yet?” Baekhyun sighed wiping his sweat.

    “We’re almost at the middle.” Chanyeol replied, “Are you sweating…”

    “WHAT, no it’s just…the snow that got on my forehead.” Baekhyun replied rolling his eyes, “And what?! We are only close to the middle of the mountain?”

    “Yup, why?” Chanyeol asked.

    “Nothing I’m just worried.” Baekhyun crossed his arms but then widened his eyes as he saw the middle of the mountain with benches.

    Without knowing because of exhaustion Baekhyun hiked ahead of Chanyeol towards the benches. He was dead tired and his legs are about to fall out. “One more step and we are there.” Baekhyun huffed down as he took one big step but he realized that it was actually a giant rock and he…slipped.

    “BAEKHYUN!” Chanyeol yelled catching up as fast as he can seeing Baekhyun on the edge of rolling down.

    “HELP!” Baekhyun shouted on the top of his lungs tearing up. Is this really the end for me?

    Poof! Baekhyun’s face was buried in an aroma of fresh scent. He desperately hugged the person because he was really frightened.

    “B-B-Baekhyun…?” Chanyeol spoke his face red as a tomato.

    Baekhyun looked up in Chanyeol’s eyes b with tears.

    “Are…you…o-okay?” Chanyeol asked feeling his heart beat around 140 beats a minute if that’s even possible.

    They both stayed there in each other’s arms heart beating faster than normal…


A/N: AHHH the fluff lol. I had a laugh writing this xD Kaisoo jealous moments :') and Baekhyun being a complete dork. Oh and I lied in the last chapter saying that this story will be 5-6 chapters, I will probably end it when I feel that the story is coming to an end ^^. Oh and some of you guys might be annoyed because of Sehun ing Kyungsoo and Kai but Sehun did mention about Luhan...;) do you guys know what that means??? HMM? x) Well I hope you guys liked this chapter!! <3