001

Melting the Heart of Ice

 

     Chanyeol panted as he rushed to the school campus seeing people giving him glares. "PARK CHANYEOL WHY ARE YOU LATE!?" The teacher yelled.

    "Sorry...I forgot to set up my alarm last night." Chanyeol apologized and wiped his forehead. His classmate gave him glares as he walked in line. Chanyeol looked over seeing his one and only Baekhyun. Well…they never talked or anything but Chanyeol has a big admiration on the popular Mr.Baekhyun.

    "Hey Baekhyun, I think you have a fanboy over there." Kai pointed at Chanyeol smirking.

    Baekhyun turned around and saw a tall guy with orange/yellow hair and a giant smile. Baekhyun furrowed his eyebrows and sighed, "So we have weirdos in our class too?”

    "Yah don't be mean!" Kyungsoo slapped Baekhyun on the arm.

    "Okay class, let's get into the bus, and remember to behave!" Mr. Lee explained.

    Everyone got in line at the bus door getting in one by one. "I'm sitting next to Baekhyun!" Kyungsoo smiled and stood next to Baekhyun. Baekhyun turned to Kai who is now rolling his eyes.

     "Who am I sitting next to them." Kai mumbled to himself as Kyungsoo and Baekhyun got in the bus together. Kai huffed feeling left out.  

    Everyone had a bus partner and Chanyeol just stood there with no one to talk to. Chanyeol never really had friends, because they usually last for a couple minutes. Everyone in the school sees Chanyeol as a total weirdo and they tend to stay away from him. The only true friend he had was his pet ferret Jr. Yeol but he died when he was 13.

    Chanyeol got in the bus last and everyone was sitting next to someone. He didn't know where to sit at all. He wasn’t surprised. "Chanyeol, you can sit next to our transfer student Kris." Mr. Lee assigned pointing to a guy looking out of the window.

    Chanyeol smiled and nodded walking toward the transfer student. He didn't look Korean at all. "Hello I'm your bus partner, my name is Park Chanyeol!" Chanyeol flashed his giant smile.

    Kris turned toward Chanyeol and gave him a nod. Chanyeol sat down next to Kris looking at him, "So what school did you come from before?"

    Kris pulled out his earbuds out, "Um a school in China, I speak fluent Korean because I learned it over there."

    "Oh I see..." Chanyeol nodded amazed, this guy is Chinese but he speaks fluent Korean. Chanyeol smiled and looked out of the window on his left seeing trees, cars, and people walking.

    Kris glanced over at Chanyeol who's smiling like an idiot while looking out of the window. Kris found Chanyeol amusing, he was of course weird but Kris liked it, "Who do you hang out with in school?"

    "Me?" Chanyeol asked, "Well...I don't really hang out with anyone." Chanyeol sighed a bit.

    "Oh really, you seem like a cool person though." Kris said.

    Chanyeol blushed a bit at the compliment, no one has ever been this kind to him, "I'm really weird though you know."

    "I can tell.”  Kris chuckles a bit, "Weird people are cool."

    Chanyeol looked at Kris then smiled a bit, "Really?"

    Kris nodded, "Yup, I really don’t see anything wrong with weird people. I mean they are overall humans.”

    Chanyeol smiled brightly while his left eye twitched a bit. He was beyond happy, he can never imagine someone actually accepting him the way he is. Chanyeol couldn't stop smiling during the whole bus ride to the campsite. His smiled faded a bit as he looked over at Baekhyun who is sitting diagonal to him. I wish Baekhyun could one day see me as a cool person.

    Baekhyun was kind of annoyed of his friend Kyungsoo because he was talking about his trip to London last year for over 20 minutes. Baekhyun sighed relieved that Kyungsoo was done talking. Baekhyun looked over at Kai who sat across from him. Kai gave him a glare and he knew why. Baekhyun gave Kai a smirk because he knows exactly why his friend Kai is acting like this. Ever since 9th grade Kai fell heads over heels for Kyungsoo.

    Baekhyun felt someone staring at him and he turned and saw that weird guy in the morning staring at him dreamly again. Baekhyun made an annoyed face and the latter turned away. Baekhyun rolled his eyes and sighed turning away. It wasn't the first time that guys stared at him. Both girls and boys confessed to him all the time. Baekhyun leaned against the window shutting his eyes for a couple minutes.

    Chanyeol felt his face heating up when Baekhyun and he made eye contact. Even though it was for a little while, Chanyeol's heart leaped when Baekhyun looked at him. He placed his hand at his chest and felt his rapid heartbeat.

    Most of the students in the bus fell asleep during the long bus ride and Chanyeol was one of them. Kris turned and looked at Chanyeol who was asleep, drooling, and snoring. Kris sighed and pushed a head a bit so it laid comfortably on his shoulder, “This guy is surely interesting.”

    Baekhyun almost yelled out in joy when his friend Kyungsoo fell asleep. He can finally have peace. Baekhyun pulled out his ear buds and wore them sighing in relief but was interrupted by loud snoring. “What the hell…” Baekhyun mumbled as he looked around for the bear like snoring. His eyes stopped at that tall curly hair dude  sleeping while drooling. Baekhyun cringed in disgust. This weirdo…. 

The bus came to its stop and everyone slowly woke up. Baekhyun was awake the whole 2 hour ride because he was irritated by the stupid snoring he was hearing across from him along with the other snorings combined. Baekhyun’s ears are sensitive, even the smallest noises can make him annoyed. “Agh…” Kyungsoo yawned and stretched, “Are we there yet?”

    “I believe so…I see a giant lake and tents…?” Baekhyun stretched real quickly before getting up waiting for people to get out of the bus. Once they got off they can finally feel relaxed, the fresh air really made everything better. “Where’s Kai?” Kyungsoo asked.

    “I don’t know…I saw Sehun trying to flirt with him earlier when you were sleeping.” Baekhyun sighed.

    “F-flirt?” Kyungsoo’s eyes widened.

    “I don’t know man but I think Sehun has a thing for Kai.” Baekhyun smirked seeing Kai get off the bus with Sehun.

    “Oh hey guys!” Kai waved and walked toward Baekhyun and Kyungsoo.

    “Hey, so how’s the bus ride with the school’s hottie Sehun?” Baekhyun teased.

    “It was boring…he was trying to get my attention but it’s annoying.” Kai sighed.       Kyungsoo lightened up a bit but then fixed his expression. Kai glanced over at Kyungsoo and smiled at him. Kyungsoo scrunched his face at Kai and looked away feeling his heart skip a beat.

    “Okay guys I set up your camping partners!” Mr. Lee instructed, “Your camping partner will also be your roommate and will be participating in activities along with you.”

    “I hope I get you Baekhyun.!” Kyungsoo said making Kai roll his eyes. Baekhyun on the other hand hopes that we won’t be partnered with Kyungsoo, he already suffered from hearing Kyungsoo talk about his boring activities in London.

    Mr. Lee starts naming off the partners one by one, “Sehun and Luhan.”

    “Aw Kai I wanted to be with you!” Sehun whined grasping Kai’s arms.

    Kai struggled to get his arm off while Kyungsoo stood there giving death glares at the two of them.

    “Kyungsoo and Kai.” Kai and Kyungsoo both looked at each other.

    “Last but not least, Chanyeol and Baekhyun!” Mr. Lee closed his notepad and yawned, “Okay get with your partners so I can hand out your room keys.”

    Baekhyun crossed his eyes and rolled his eyes, “Great partnered with someone I don’t even know.” He looked up right in time to see a tall curly haired guy smiling brightly.

    “Hello I’m Park Chanyeol!” He smiled. Baekhyun cringed a bit because it seemed like guy’s mouth was about to be ripped from smiling like that. No way was Baekhyun going to be partnered with this weird guy. He already ticked him off in the bus from snoring. Baekhyun shut his eyes and sighed deeply.

    “Opps Mr. Lee is coming.” Chanyeol stood next to Baekhyun their arms touching. Chanyeol felt his cheeks heat up as his heart pounding uncontrollably. Mr. Lee handed each partner a key and it had a number on it. Baekhyun wanted to bury himself inside a hole because how is he going to survive sharing a room with a guy that snores super loud?!

    “Baekhyun!” He heard someone whisper. Baekhyun looked over to see his friend Kyungsoo giving him a thumps up, “Good luck!”

    Baekhyun rolled his eyes and shrugged. “Baekhyun, our room number is 206!” Chanyeol said in a cheerful voice.

    “Okay whatever…” Baekhyun sighed. Chanyeol pouted at his answer and sighed looking around when he sees Kris being partnered with Tao. Kris gave him a short wave.

    “Okay guys now go to your rooms and unpack!” Mr. Lee announced, “Meet me at the red flag out at the lake at 5:30!”

    Everyone went off once they heard the instructions but Baekhyun just stood there trying to take everything in. Byun Baekhyun… you can do this! Baekhyun grabbed the keys out of Chanyeol’s hand and walked inside the cabin looking around for their room number.

    Chanyeol unknowingly caught up with Baekhyun really quick and that made Baekhyun remember that this guy is no joke, he’s basically a giant! Baekhyun saw the room and stopped in front of it glancing at Chanyeol who has at that giant, bright smile like usual.

    “I guess this is the room…”Baekhyun opened the door and his jaw dropped the room was so nature related and vintage it was totally not his style. Chanyeol on the other hand was running around the room touching objects and all.

    “I totally love this room!!” Chanyeol jumped and walked toward Baekhyun, “I call the bed by the window!”

     “Whatever…” Baekhyun sighed and brought his suitcase to the bed beside the closet.

     After unpacking everything Baekhyun sighed and plopped down on the bed. He noticed how Chanyeol slowly pulled out one by one some stuff animal. Baekhyun scoffed a bit shaking his head. Just endure it…endure.

     Chanyeol finished packing up and stared at Baekhyun in awe again. Baekhyun threw a pillow at him, “STOP staring at me weirdo!” Baekhyun shut his mouth right away because the way he said it was a bit harsh. Chanyeol smile faded away and he looked away slowly. Baekhyun felt a little bad for yelling already, but Baekhyun really meant the words.

    Baekhyun didn’t want to apologize because he really didn’t think he needed to. Chanyeol however felt really bad and ashamed of himself once again. Chanyeol looked over at his rilakuma dolls and smiled sadly. Why do I always make mistakes…why am I so stupid…

    After packing up Baekhyun decided to get out of the room to go see his friends. He’s sure Chanyeol will remember at least to go outside at 5:30. Baekhyun grabbed his hand phone and threw on a jacket. It’s always snowing these days.

    Chanyeol watched Baekhyun exit the room and he sighed. He’s alone once again. Chanyeol later found himself wandering around the giant cabin. When he was about to walk downstairs he noticed that he forgot his jacket. Chanyeol ran back to the room and saw Kris walking out in the room next door. “Oh Chanyeol!” Kris waved, “We’re neighbors huh?”

    “Hey! I guess so.” Chanyeol smiled, “Hold on I’m going to get my jacket.” When Chanyeol locked the room Kris smiled. “Chanyeol who’s your roommate?”

    “Baekhyun.” Chanyeol answered simply.

    “The popular guy?” Kris scoffed and Chanyeol nodded. They headed down to the 1st floor and noticed a lot of the people at the kitchen room. “Cool provide food and drinks too?” Kris walked over to the counter but when he turned around Chanyeol was attracted to the giant fish tank in the dining room. Kris unknowingly smiled and shook his head grabbing his latte.

 

 

    It was 5:30 and Mr. Lee started blowing his whistle. Baekhyun walked over to the red flag with his friends standing there shaking from the coldness. “Where’s CHANYEOL AND KRIS?!” Mr. Lee spoke.

    Baekhyun rolled his eyes at the fact that that doofus Chanyeol is late once again. What’s wrong with that guy?! Is he some sort of retard?

    Chanyeol grinned sheepily walking to the group with Kris. Baekhyun huffed, “Weirdos.”

    “Are you roommates with him?” Kai asked looking at Chanyeol head to toe.

    “Yeah, I’m not going to survive 4 weeks with a scary weird guy like him!” Baekhyun crossed his arms. Kyungsoo elbowed Baekhyun and shushed him. Chanyeol glanced over at Baekhyun who looked ticked, He must really hate me…

    “Okay get with your roommates, I’m going to assign people for jobs.” Mr. Lee clapped his hands.

    Chanyeol walked to Baekhyun slowly and stood next to him. He really didn’t want to make any stupid mistakes in front of Baekhyun anymore.

    Mr. Lee walked in front of each partner and named their assigned job. “Kyungsoo and Kai you guys are going to walk to the shop half a mile away and gather the food at office.” Baekhyun started laughing at his friends.

    “THAT’S NOT FAIR!” Kyungsoo whined. Kai on the other hand was smiling because he finally gets a chance to be with Kyungsoo. “Sorry guys.” Mr. Lee apologized, “Well get going!”

    Baekhyun sighed when Mr. Lee was heading toward him. I wonder what I’m going to do with monkey Chanyeol.

    “Baekhyun and Chanyeol, you guys are in charge of the dishes.” Mr. Lee patted Baekhyun and Chanyeol’s back. Baekhyun took a deep breath of relief. Good thing it isn’t that bad. He turned over to Chanyeol seeing the latter stare dreamily at him. Baekhyun blinked a couple times because he was lost in the taller’s eyes for a couple seconds…


A/N:

I'm sorry guys, Baekhyun is a little bich in the story but it's fine. Chanyeol will help "melt his heart" I hope...

Well I had so much fun writing this haha. I really hope you guys liked the first chapter so far ! ^ - ^