003

Melting the Heart of Ice

     “See hiking isn’t that bad.” Chanyeol laughed making Baekhyun blush red.

    “Psh who said it was hard…” Baekhyun scoffed stepping down onto the snowy camp ground. Chanyeol smiled at Baekhyun with tinted pink cheeks. He still can’t get over about Baekhyun being in his arms earlier. He really wished time could stop at that moment.

    “Hey why are you guys so late?” Kai and Kyungsoo ran over.

    “Uh Baekhyun was having troub-“

    “NO, um we were just stopping a lot to uh look at the cool snowy nature…” Baekhyun butted in.

    “Uh huh…well you’re being fishy…” Kai crossed his arms.

    Chanyeol looked over at Baekhyun turning pink. Baekhyun rolled his eyes, “Kai can you please stop playing around.”

    “Uh okay.” Kai surrendered with a laugh.

    “Really Kai stop teasing Baekhyun.” Kyungsoo sighed, “You yourself was clinging onto me almost the whole way after you saw a squirrel.”

    “I-It scared me!” Kai demanded making Chanyeol cracking up.  

 

 

    After gathering at the red flag Mr.Lee instructed everyone that dinner will be made in the cafeteria because of the bad weather. Everyone walked back into their rooms because of the horrible snow storm outside.

    “I wonder why Kai told us not to bother him…” Chanyeol asked opening the door to their room.

    “Well...I guess Kai doesn’t mind if I tell you.” Baekhyun huffed plopping down on the small couch, “My friend Kai has a big crush on Kyungsoo.”

    “Ah…I see no wonder.” Chanyeol laughed sitting down next to Baekhyun. Baekhyun looked over and scooted over a bit because they were too close. “Huh you play the guitar?” Baekhyun pointed at the guitar next to Chanyeol’s bed.

    “Yeah.” Chanyeol smiled at Baekhyun giving him a rush of goosebumps. Chanyeol sat back down strumming a few notes. “Baekhyun can you sing for me?”

    “W-What no. I can’t sing.” Baekhyun eyed him.

    “I’ve heard you sing bef- opps I mean…” Chanyeol sighed.

    “You heard me sing before? Where?” Baekhyun asked furrowing his eyebrows.

    “Uh…well it was a long time ago...you were in the music room and I heard you sing.” Chanyeol admited it his face turning a crimson red.

    Baekhyun looked at Chanyeol strangely. Does Chanyeol really have feelings for him? Baekhyun sure did reject many guys and girls before but thinking about rejecting or denying Chanyeol made him feel guilty. Baekhyun didn’t have those kind of feelings for Chanyeol…

    “Ahem… I guess I can sing a bit.” Baekhyun cleared his throat seeing the taller latter brighten up in a second.

“I-I do believe all the love you give

All of the things you do

Love you Love you

I’ll keep you safe don’t you worry…”

    Chanyeol stared in awe at Baekhyun when he started singing along with the guitar. Chanyeol couldn’t describe how he felt. He was in heaven, Baekhyun’s voice was heaven. Baekhyun stopped singing and sighed, “Sorry my throat isn’t that well today.”

    “No…you sing really nice.” Chanyeol looked into Baekhyun’s eyes like he just fell in love again once again.

    Baekhyun looked up to feeling uncomfortable from the latter’s stare but looking up only made things worst. Baekhyun met eyes with Chanyeol and he had to admit it made his heart leap a mile. No Baekhyun. Don’t go through all this again.

    Baekhyun looked away and got up making Chanyeol nervous. “Sorry.” Chanyeol hesitately said.

    “No it’s okay…no need to be sorry.” Baekhyun waved, “Oh and I won’t be eating dinner at the cafeteria one of my friends Luhan is having this party in his room.”

    “Oh really?” Chanyeol asked his heart heavy. He doesn’t want to be alone tonight at all…it wasn’t his fault anyways. No one wants to be hang out with him anyways in the first place.

    “Yeah…you’re fine by yourself right? You have Kris and all.” Baekhyun gave an awkward smile and thumbs up.

    “Yup, when are you going?” Chanyeol tried to ask normally.

    “Soon.” Baekhyun looked at his watch.

    “Oh okay…” Chanyeol nodded his head watching Baekhyun go into the closet. Chanyeol wanted to cry for being so stupid. He really didn’t know what he did wrong but he can tell Baekhyun is avoiding him now.

    Once Baekhyun got dressed in a nice black buttoned up shirt and white jeans Chanyeol’s jaw almost dropped. How can his Baekhyun be so beautiful? Chanyeol gulped and quickly looked away taking deep breaths because of his crazy beating heart.

    While Baekhyun was buttoning his sleeves he heard a knock on his door. Huh who could be here…I didn’t call Kai or Kyungsoo. Baekhyun walked toward the door opening it seeing Kris. “Uh hi Baekhyun, is Chanyeol in there?”

    Baekhyun looked back at Chanyeol who peeked his head over, “Yeah he’s over there. Come in.”

    Kris walked inside smiling at Chanyeol making Baekhyun furrow his eyebrows curiously. “Kris?” Chanyeol asked, “What brings you here?”

    “Well since my roommate Tao is going to Luhan’s party I decided to hang out with you.” Kris rubbed his nape, “Are you busy?”

    “No…Baekhyun is going to the party too so I will be myself anyways.” Chanyeol shrugged. Baekhyun who was witnessing everything didn’t feel that good he didn’t know what it was.

    “Okay great, let’s watch a movie at my place?” Kris exclaimed.

    “Sounds good.” Chanyeol smiled, “Uh Baekhyun I’ll be going now, I’ll see you tonight?”

    “Have fun.” Baekhyun muttered after the door was shut.  

---------

 

 

    “Where’s Chanyeol?” Kyungsoo handed Baekhyun a glass of warm hot chocolate.

    “He went with Kris.” Baekhyun plainly replied sipping the drink.

    “Oh I see.” Kyungsoo crossed his arms when he saw Kai and Sehun in the corner talking about something. It’s the first time Kyungsoo saw Kai smiling at Sehun. What in the world are they talking about.

    “Is Kai getting along with Sehun or what…” Baekhyun looked over, “Kyungsoo?”

    “I don’t know and I don’t care.” Kyungsoo sighed taking a cup of alcohol drinking it.

    “Yah that’s alcohol!” Baekhyun grabbed the cup shaking his head at his jealous friend. When will Kyungsoo freaking that he’s in love with Kai?

    Kai came back with a worried face, “I heard you yelling what happened…oh no did Kyungsoo drink alcohol?!” Kai held Kyungsoo in place as Kyungsoo looked up with Kai with drowsy eyes.

    “I warned him but I was a bit too late…” Baekhyun sighed helping Kyungsoo sit down on the couch.

    “You know Kyungsoo can’t handle more than half a cup of alcohol.” Kai said with worry in his voice.

    “I know Kai…well I guess you have to watch him.” Baekhyun threw his cup in the trash bin walking to the food section. The party was small there wasn’t more than 20 people but it was still crowded especially in the cabin rooms. While grabbing some food Luhan tapped Baekhyun’s shoulders, “Hey Baekhyun, are you enjoying the food?”

    “Yeah!” Baekhyun smiled.  

“Where’s your roommate?” Luhan looked around.

    “Oh…I didn’t invite him because you guys didn’t really know each other.”

    “Aw okay, your roommate looked like he had a crush on you.” Luhan smiled, “So cute.”

    “Eh?” Baekhyun furrowed his eyesbrows plopping a mint in his mouth.

    “Have you seen him stare at you secretly?” Luhan smiled drinking water, “He obviously likes you.”

    “Why are telling me this?” Baekhyun asked, “I don’t care Luhan.”

    “Okay okay. Sorry bro.” Luhan patted his back making Baekhyun shake his head. He is not going to care who likes him or not. He doesn’t want to care of fall in love with anyone…again.

--------

 

 

 

    Chanyeol sat on the couch next to Kris not really paying attention to the movie. His mind was constantly thinking of Baekhyun, like what he was doing. I really can’t give up no matter how I want to…I really do like Baekhyun.

    “Thinking about Baekhyun right?” Kris asked out of no where.

    Chanyeol blushed at the name of Baekhyun, “Yeah…sorry.”

    “It’s fine, you can always talk to me if there’s something bothering you.” Kris quietly said.

    “I-I just really like Baekhyun…but I don’t think I’ll ever have a chance.” Chanyeol muttered.

    “Well since I’m new I don’t know much but I can tell that Baekhyun is a really hard-to-get guy.” Kris stretched his arms, “But you’ll get him one day…I mean you aren’t bad at all.”

    Chanyeol was flushed at Kris’s compliment, “I’m not?”

    “Totally, when I first saw you I can tell that you’re a special guy.” Kris smiled at Chanyeol.

    “T-Thanks Kris, it’s really nice having a friend like you.”

    Kris’s heart somehow fell at that moment. It’s weird but he doesn’t like being called friend by Chanyeol… Kris continued looking at Chanyeol in the dim room smiling like a kid.

---------

 

 

    “Yah Baekhyun…did you drink?!” Kai pushed Baekhyun out of his arms.

    “Just a little.” Baekhyun laughed giving Kai a giant peck on the cheeks.

    “HEY Baekhyun get your act together!” Kyungsoo pulled Kai away from Baekhyun.

    “Is he okay? I hope we don’t get in trouble by Mr.Lee…” Luhan approached.

    “It’s fine Baekhyun did drink a little…he’ll come back to normal in a couple minutes I know him.” 

    “Alright then.” Luhan walked away.

    “Aish I don’t understand why he had to drink…” Kai sighed, “Oh and Kyungsoo I thought you were drunk?”

    “I was…” Kyungsoo sighed. Not until I saw Baekhyun kiss you. Stupid.

    Baekhyun was passed out on the couch and Kai is expecting Baekhyun to wake up any moment right now normal. “I guess he isn’t waking up after all.” Kai got up only to hear a familiar voice.

    “Did I just drink?” Baekhyun got up.

    “Well duh you did.” Kai rolled your eyes, “You really had to peck me.”

    “WHAT I DID?” Baekhyun covered his mouth looking at Kyungsoo who threw daggers at him.

    “Well yeah.” Kyungsoo butted making Kai stop in his steps.

    “Sorry Kyungsoo.” Baekhyun sighed.

    “Don’t do it next time.” Kyungsoo said and turned to Kai.

    “Tsk…so scary.” Baekhyun muttered getting up. He looked at the time and realized that it was 10:30 P.M. He probably looks like a mess right now so he walked to Luhan and Sehun’s bathroom washing his face fixing his styled hair.

    While turning off the bathroom lights he was pulled in in a room with a pair of arms around him. “W-WHA”

    “You still smell the same…with a hint of alcohol?” A familiar voice spoke.

    “D-D-Daehyun??” Baekhyun turned around. Everything hit him like a wave.

    His ex is back…


A/N: AYEE drama is happening. Poor Chanyeol :( It's only the 3rd chapter and drama is going to start already. Well guise...woah Daehyun is Baekhyun's ex. No wonder Baekhyun is always denying Chanyeol ;'(. Anyways since it's my Winter Break I'll be updating more often ^-^ Be sure to comment guys! I reallyy want to read your comments because I find them so mood lifting <3 So Chanbaek & Kaisoo spam?? ( Oh yeah, the snippet Baekhyun was singing was from his cover of "Love Song" with Chanyeol playing the guitar.^^