Sunggyu's heart part 4

Sunggyu's heart

        The morning of the wedding has finally arrived. So many things needed to be done for that evening. Tables needed to be set, flowers needed aranging, dinner needed to be cooked. The house was filled with people bustling around, florists were carrying boquets by the arm fulls into the back yard. caterers brought in boxes of herbs and other various ingredients. Ari's mom was at the stove making breakfast for the family.

           "Mija do you want me to make you something to eat?"

          "No thanks mom. Not right now." She answers as she takes the orange juice from the refrigerator.

          "Morning beautiful. Are you sure you want to go through with this today?" Sunggyu asked while chewing a mouthful of omelette.

       "Duh! i have been waiting for this since I was 16." Ari answers her voice is filled with excitement.

             Ari and Sunggyu had decided against being separated before the wedding. Walking over to the dinning room table she wraps her arms around his shoulders and kisses the top of his head. Staying that way for a few moments she breathes in his scent. He has just showered she still can smell the shampoo in his hair and his clean soapy smell. With a soft hum she holds him a little tighter as if she'd let him go he would disappaer. In one quick movement he pulls her onto his lap and kisses her forgetting the house full of people.

       "Eww get a room you sick people!" Daisy says as she enters the room. 

       Taking his wadded up used napkin he throws it at her hitting her in the head. 

       "Stop it punk!" she yells as Sunggyu looks at her as if he didnt do anything.

       Laughter fills the room as Ari's mom clears . "Mija don't forget you have to go get your hair done at 3o'clock."

       "Ok mom" Ari said as she picked at Oppa's food.

         The morning passed quickly as she watched people come in at out of her aunt's house. It was now 2 pm and she stood in the sun room that over looked the backyard where the wedding was being held. Watching two men place tables in various places on the patio she smiled and looked on to a woman who was feeding a strand of lights to a man on a ladder wrapping them around the giant metal structure of the yard. The yard was a beautiful disaster. She realized that she was getting her happy ever after. Meeting Sunggyu was the biggest blessing in her life. They were 15 when they were introduced by her best friend, Adrienne who happened to be his sister. Satusfaction rose in her heart as she walked away to find her mother.

       "You ready to go mom?" She ask

      "Yes lets go." Getting into the car her mom bluntly says. "You  know you can always back out mija. I have a full tank of gas and will take you anywhere you want to go."

       Ari laughs "Mom! take me to the hair salon." Turning the key say laughs and says. "I'm just joking Ari, we all love Sunggyu. You couldn't have found a better man." 

     "Thank you mom." Ari replies as she grabs her moms hand.

       Reaching the beauty salon Ari is neverous because the lights are out.

        "Please they can't be closed not today."

       "Lets try the door anyway." Tugging on the door handle a gentle breeze shoots out at them.

            "SURPRISE!" A group of womens voices roar. Ari's grandma, daisy, Adrienne and Sunggyu's mother and grandmother greet her as she comes in. A few hello's and hugs are exchanged between the women.

      "Arianna, my child come her." Sunggyu's halmonin motions for her to come to her. The little grey haired woman who has her hair rolled in curlers already speaks slowly. "You have made my little Sunggyu very happy. Please continue to do this all the days of your life." Holding Ari's hand she continues. " On your wedding day the bride must always have something new, something borrowed and something old and something blue." Halmonin already knew she had her something new which was her wedding dress and her something borrowed was her mother's pearl necklace. Extending her shaking hand she reaches for Ari's turning her hand plam up she rest her tightly closed hand over Ari's. "Your something old and something blue. This was given to me by Sunggyu's abuji on our first wedding anniversary. I want you to have it. Keep it always." Releaseing the gift in her had a sea of dark blue stones snuggled in a sea of silver laid in her had.

       "Halmonin it's beautiful but i can't take this." 

     The frail little lady closed Ari's hand around it and with tears in her eyes simply said. "He would want you to have it." Tears began falling down from Ari's own eyes. She know who she had meant, Sunggyu's grandfather who passed away a few years ago. Holding one another halmonin finally spoke. "Hush hush child it's your wedding day. Lets show him what he has waited for for so long."

     Sitting down in the stylist chair she briefly told her how she wanted her hair done while that woman played with it. After shampooing and drying her hair the woman went to work. Taking chunks of Ari's hair she began to loosely wrapping around the curling iron she held in her hands.  Once the final piece was curled she began to pull secetions of the top of her hair back tieing all the pieces with a peach ribbon.

      "Well what do you think?" The woman turned Ari to face the mirror and she gasped a little as she looked at her reflection in the glass.

      "It's beautiful. A work of art. Thank you."  The women gathered outside of the salon and exchanged hugs once again and said there "I will see you at home."  Ari climbed into the car with her mom.

   "Ariana we still have time if you have changer your mind.."

    "MOM lets go home i want to get married!" Giggles filled the car as they drove off.

    Pulling into the drive way they had noticed that the party trucks left already. "They must have finished." Ari's mom said as the got out of the car. Instead of following her mom into the house she walked into the backyard. She is amazed by what she sees. Twelve tables covered in white liens and lace or a beautiful light peach lien layed out on them. She walks closer to the tables noticing the flowers, Three white urns filled with peach roses snuggled with white ranunculus. The center of each rose held a glittery silver pearl. Three mason jars sat between them with candles inside waiting for their chance to shine. Peach colored napkins housed the sliverwear while square white plates waited to feed them.  Wine goblets waited for their chance to give their cheers to their new beginning. Finally she noticed a ribbon with a silver K hanging from it. Engraved on it was their wedding date, 09/17/2014. Touching them she smiles finally looking up she sees the lights hanging down making a canopy of lights. looking past the tables she shes the dance floor that leads to the sand where they will say their I dos. Everything is perfect. Sunggyu is her whole world and she knows they are meant to be. Taking a deep breath and one last look at the yard she walks in the house to get ready.