Mysteriously wrong

YOU'RE MINE: Our creator

It was Friday morning and Soyoung had to wake up early so she can go and meet Eunji at her place. They had to make everything perfect and Soyoung still didn't rehearsal for her maid of honor role. In her opinion, being a maid of honor for her was the best thing she could have done. No matter how many good moments they had spent together, none would have been as memorable as this one. 

That morning she woke up all alone. Taemin had left to Japan without saying too much to her. She thought that he must have been pissed with what had happened a day before. It was so embarrassing that she didn't even want to remember it. Taemin had came inside his office and he saw her all over that secretary girl whose name turned out to be "Ana". Only remembering that name made her feel annoyed. When he walked inside the office, the first thing he had done was to help Ana get up, making Soyoung feel so small and insignificant. Wasn't he supposed to help her first? At the end of the day, she was still his girlfriend so why didn't he help her first?

Maybe because he was too pissed at her. Or at least that's what she thought. Taemin was obviously annoyed with the entire episode and the way he tried to avoid an argument was visible enough for Soyoung to leave sooner than she expected. He didn't even get to ask why she was there but Soyoung put the lunch box in his hands and apologized before she turned her back at him and leave. 

Nothing came from Taemin's mouth in that moment. Not even a "Thank you" or any question which would explain her reason to come there. 

Sighing, she repeated to herself that remembering that scene was not doing any good so instead she dragged herself outside the bed and went to the bathroom to wash her face and teeth. Her eyes were getting teary as she kept on brushing her teeth but only one thought made her hold onto it: Luhan.

Somehow, she felt stronger when thinking of him. Not because she was trying to find a way to hold onto someone, but because Luhan wouldn't have done that. He wouldn't have given his entire attention to that secretary and make it look as Soyoung was a monster. At least he wouldn't have made it so obvious. 

But Taemin... he just had to ruin her perfect day. Not only that he wasn't on her side the other day, but he also avoided to make any contact with her. All she wanted to know was if he had arrived safely in Japan. She didn't receive a call from him, not even a text message.. not even a beep! Nothing. It was like she didn't even exist in his life. Everything seemed to take a wrong turn and it was making Soyoung feel uncomfortable and lost. 

She got dressed and went at Eunji's house earlier with half an hour. 

The house felt so agitated when she walked inside and as much as she liked to not be in such situations, Eunji's beautiful smile made her believe that no matter what bad things had happened to her in the past, that Friday was not hers. That day was all for her best friend and all her s should just be left behind for tomorrow or the day after tomorrow, or maybe for no other days! Which would have been the best. 

The entire morning had passed quickly. All she had to do was to get dressed in the dress she had chosen with the other girls at Dylan's Queen and help Eunji with her wedding dress. Eunji also told Soyoung a new thing she wanted to try later after the church ceremony, something about having a masked part at the wedding were all guests were supposed to wear masks and act like they were somewhere in the past. The entire action was supposed to happen in Venice because that city was like an obsession to Eunji. 

The theme was so... weird... rather stupid if she thought better about it, but if she was going to have a lot of fun, then she didn't care about the theme at all. The mask theme will be somewhere around an hour or two anyway so why would she care about it? Nothing to care about... 

Actually, Soyoung was feeling frustrated that Eunji didn't announce her earlier so she could buy a proper mask. The salvation came from Eunji when she said that she had bought masks for everybody since it was a last minute decision. All masks were different and they were all wrapped in a red and blue paper. Red papers meaning that those masks were for girls while the blue ones were for guys. 

It was impossible to see the shape or design of the mask because of how thick that paper was. If it weren't for the paper, everyone would have known what masks they were wearing so after thinking better about it, Soyoung decided that it was a great idea to cover it so well. 

They weren't expensive masks but it didn't matter as long as it covered half of her face. Or more...

But what about the clothes? She didn't consider that, assuming of how many people were invited, they wouldn't all memorize the clothes others were wearing.

Everybody went at the church for the wedding ceremony which took somewhere around 40 minutes. There were a lot of people whom have been invited. Way more than Soyoung had expected and because there were so many people, the space in church was very little. It wasn't a disadvantage for Soyoung since she was a maid of honor but it was definitely not good for the other guests whom were hoping for some quality time. Most people would get bored at that part of the wedding and most people she knew waited for evening to come so they could have the real fun. The rest was something like a protocol they had to follow because those were the rules. You had to go to the church and get married first and after that, party all night.

Soyoung was eager for the evening as well. She thought that if she saw so many happy people around her, then she would feel great herself. Eunji still didn't know that Taemin wasn't attending the wedding. When she got asked in the morning, Soyoung replied that he was doing some important stuff for the company and that he was probably going to come later.

It wasn't a lie. Those were the exact words of her boyfriend when they were in the car. He said he might not be able to attend, not that he wasn't going to attend it one hundred percent sure, A small chance was still a chance.

The ceremony wedding had passed as well and they all went to take a few pictures. Soyoung with the other three girls had to take tons of photos with the bride, making Soyoung forget about everything that had to do with her. She had to pay a lot of attention at the instructions of the photographer whom wanted the maids of honor to stay in certain positions, making the quality of the photographs better; or at least that's what he kept on mumbling about.

Since Soyoung didn't have a personal car or anything, Eunji gave her a lift to the restaurant where she was about to have a great night. The restaurant was one of the best from Seoul. Except of the fact that it was huge, somewhere around 1500 people could fit there and have a lot of space between each other, there was also a huge dance ring and a polite staff. She loved the staff of that restaurant even tho she had been there only once before; when Eunji went with her to choose the location for the wedding.

An hour had passed since the part began. Almost everyone was there except for Taemin. Soyoung kept on looking at the door, hoping that he would appear sooner or later. The result was not how she wished tho. There were ten more minutes until the masked part of the party would start and Taemin was still not there. It made Soyoung feel miserable while watching all the wonderful couples that attended the party. There were a lot of people dancing and Eunji was so busy making sure that everyone was comfortable that Soyoung wasn't surprised of not being noticed. It was understandable; you don't have a wedding everyday.

Her husband was so handsome and caring towards Eunji. He would steal kisses from her once in a while and invite her to dance more often than she could because of the high heels she was wearing under her wedding dress. Soyoung chuckled when Jungmoon, her husband, grabbed Eunji's hand and pulled her into his arms, starting to dance with her as if she was a beautiful doll he wished to squeeze into his embrace.

They were beautiful. Everything was beautiful about them. The masked part had began when Soyoung quickly opened the envelope in which there was a black and white mask. The mask looked so werid. The left side was all black while the other was white. It made Soyoung shook her head. She was sitting at a round table with four more people and she really wanted to keep her anonymity for some strange reason so after bowing at the elder ones to excuse her, she went to the bathroom which was pretty far away from her. 

Inside the washroom there was an mirror wall in which most of the women whom came with their own masks were checking themselves out.

"What mask did you got?" she heard someone asking. 

She looked from where the voice came only to see a girl with a red and yellow mask, smiling widely at her. It was hard to recognize who she was but judging after her voice, it must have been Sojin. One of the maids of honor. 

"I can't tell you! It wouldn't be a masked party if I did!" Soyoung said as an excuse. She really wanted to keep her anonymity.

The girl nodded, agreeing with what Soyoung had said earlier and after blowing a kiss at her, she walked outside the washroom. When she made sure that nobody was watching her, she quickly pulled the mask to cover her face. 

 

Soyoung went outside the building after she put the mask on. The lack of oxygen made her feel dizzy and to avoid vomiting she decided that it was best to go out and get some fresh air. There were other guests outside as well but their reason was different from hers. They were there either to smoke or grab something from their cars. Lifting her head up, she wished she could see some stars but because of the lights of Seoul, it would have been merely a dream for that to happen. When she was little she used to go with her father in the villages around Seoul just to watch the sky. The view was better from there, way better now that she thought of it...

To bad her father wasn't near anymore. 

Sadness fell over her and she wished she could cry but feeling so depressed was pitiful and feeling like that was the last thing she wanted. She repeated to herself that the day was not about her and closed her eyes, leaning it on the back of the bench on which she was sitting.

She inhaled and exhaled deeply before closing her eyes. 

"Do you mind if I sit next to you?" she heard someone asking her.

Without opening her eyes, she said "no" and heard how the person sat next to her. She could swear that he had his eyes on her and the thought scared her so much that she didn't want to open her eyes. 

"Why are you here all alone?" he asked. 

"Because I need some fresh air!" 

"Are you feeling unwell?" 

"A bit."

His questions were irritating her. Why did he want to know all that? Was he trying to be polite or what? He was making her feel irritated so to avoid being impolite, she got up from the bench and walked away after bowing once at the boy. But that didn't seem to be enough because the boy also got up from the bench and followed how she was walking inside.

It was creeping her. Who was he? She was starting to wonder if the boy was a or something worst... a murderer! She was not the type of person to think positive all the time, especially in those times. 

When she got inside, she felt relieved because there were a lot of people around her and somehow it felt safe. Eunji was dancing on a table with her white mask on and she seemed to enjoy herself more than anyone else. She still had the wedding dress on so it would have been impossible to not know that it was her, despite the mask thing. She didn't understand what that had to do with the Venice theme but she shrugged it off before pretending to dance. 

A tall figure approached her and got his hand out, waiting for her to put it in his. She raised an eyebrow awkwardly and gave him her hand. The boy bowed and kissed the back of her hand, making Soyoung's skin turning into a chicken. It suddenly felt cold even tho she was sweating. Was she catching a cold?! That would have been impossible...

The boy wrapped his arms around her waist and they started dancing on a medieval song which had started playing. Something about his touch was feeling familiar but she couldn't quite catch it. 

When the song finished, he smiled in a thankful way and Soyoung nodded back at him. She was still feeling dizzy so she decided to go outside once again. 

The cold wind blew against her face, feeling so refreshing for someone whom was in her state. Next to the restaurant there was a little park in which she went for a little walk. There, she saw an empty bench and went straight to it.

When she sat down, she covered her forehead with her left hand and sighed because of the dizziness. It was not a good moment for feeling sick and she cursed under her breath a couple of times because it was ruining everything. The clock was merely ten o`clock and she couldn't have left before the cake! That would have made Eunji really sad.

Five minutes had passed since she was sitting on the bench from the park, trying to recover herself when someone approached her again.

"Do you mind if I sit next to you?" the question her. It was the same voice as the one earlier. 

She lifted her head to see a boy dressed in a black costume with a black shirt and black with white mask. He was definitely a guest of Eunji and that should have made her feel secure, but it didn't! It made her feel scared like !

What was his problem? There were two empty benches around, yet he wanted this specific one!

Gulping frightened, she nodded and got up from the bench.

"I was leaving anyway!" 

Each time she took a step, she could hear how the boy behind was taking one as well. Exactly like before. The difference was that this time, the distance between her and the restaurant's entrance was bigger. She walked faster only to hear that the person behind her was almost running and when she turned her head to see if he was really following her or not, someone suddenly grabbed her and covered her face, making it impossible for her to scream. 

He was holding her firmly and determinate, having no compassion for Soyoung when she started crying.  The boy leaned his head towards her ear and whispered slowly "I know what you did!".

Soyoung didn't know what it was all about; not that she could think properly in that moment either.

"If you scream, I will hurt you!" he said again before taking his hand off from . 

Obeying, she kept on crying frightened as the boy dragged her on the opposite side of the entrance. She wanted to search for help but because her eyes were so wet, the vision was too blurry for her to even notice anyone around. The entire episode made no sense for her and neither what the boy was talking about. She was wondering if he mistook her with someone else. 

"A- are you sure you are having the right person?" she asked, trying hard to not get him angry.

"Yes! You're Lee Taemin's girlfriend!" he said and threw a harsh look before pushing her on the bench, making her high heel break because of how hard she had tripped in the progress. 

"What do you want from me?" she asked, her tears rolling down her cheeks.

"Revenge." 

 

---

 

A/N: I am sorry for not mentioning Taemin or Luhan in this chapter! I promise I will make it up to you guys in next chapters! ;~;