Chapter 3

One More Chance
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Warning:
Don’t expect too much for the part.
When I said it’s implied, I meant it. ^^
Sorry for not replying on your comment.
As much as I wanted to reply, I can't because I don’t want to spoil it. Heehee.
Mistake grammar?
I'm sorry. Too lazy to reread it. -___-

...

“Why did you call me?” was the first Ryeowook say when he sat in front of Sungmin.

 

Apparently, Sungmin just smiled at Ryeowook. He already made the decision. It’s been one week since he didn’t back home at Kyuhyun. What for? Kyuhyun never loved him. Kyuhyun will never need him. It’s been one week since he didn’t show himself to Kyuhyun and he have no plan to show himself at him, Sungmin just hurting his self if he will show his self to Kyuhyun.

 

“I’m glad I still have your phone number even if you’re gone for 7 years.” Sungmin said, friendly smile still wearing on his pouty lips.

 

“Is that what you want to say?” Ryeowook replied sarcastically, uninterested tone is obvious.

 

“No.” Sungmin simply replied, didn’t mind Ryeowook’s rude attitude towards him.

 

 “Then what is it?” irritated voice are coming from Ryeowook.

 

 “I will ask you something before I will straight to the point.” Sungmin said calmly.

 

He just wanted his question to be answered so that he can have a peaceful mind after he reveal his appointment to Ryeowook.

 

“What for? Why don’t you direct to the point?” Ryeowook asked sarcastically.

 

“I just wanted my question to be answered.” Sungmin simply replied.

 

Ryeowook looked at him up and down but he answered him, “Okay then.”

 

“Why did you break up with him?” Sungmin asked without a second thought on his mind, as if he really did plan to question he wanted to ask.

 

“Why you care?” sarcastically Ryeowook asked.

 

“Just answer me, please.” Sungmin pleaded.

 

Ryeowook looked side way at him but he tell anyway.

 

“When we are still together, he said he will go to New York by next six months. I feel so scared when he said that to me. I don’t want a long distance relationship. It’s so hurt to hear when he said that to me. I don’t want to be alone here.”

 

“You can’t wait him?” Sungmin suddenly interrupted him.

 

 Ryeowook just sigh and looked straight at him, “I can.” He said but this time, his voice is soft. “When I’m gone, I go to New York. I follow him. I tell to my parents that I have a boyfriend and they did not get mad at me instead, they supported me. When we finally moved there, I want to surprise him that I did not break up with him because he will leave. I did that because I want to surprise him there. But then, I guess is me who I got surprise.” He stopped and slightly bowed his head, reminisce the most hurt he felt back then.

 

“I was so happy when we met there, but he told me that he already confessed to you. I get mad at you. I want to get back in Seoul quickly to yell you because you stole Kyuhyun to me. But then, we still keep meeting there, but one day he told me that we should stop meeting each other because he doesn’t want to hurt you. But I don’t want and I still keep saying that I still love him but he never replied that he still loves me. Until he says that he should fix the problem he had with you so that you will not get hurt after he chose me. So I agreed and I waited.

 

“I waited days, weeks, months and years until I get impatient. I want Kyuhyun to nagging him about his relationship with you. But I stopped myself. I told myself that I should wait. Because I know he will choose me in the end but after our last conversation he never contacted me. Until I heard he came back here and you two are together now. I quickly came back here. And I met him, I asked him if he still love me, but he didn’t answer. Instead, he said I shall wait and give him more a lot of time. But I got impatient and mad.

 

“And I waited again, days, weeks, months, years and I feel like he’s hurting me. I feel like he’s fooling me. I threaten him, I said I’m planning to meet you and I will tell everything to you what we are doing behind your back but I didn’t mean to do that but our path seems get a move for us because we met through the supermarket. So I get a move. And now, the last time we met, I asked him again the same question what I’m nagging him about and he finally answered and he said–”

 

“Stop. I will give him up.” Sungmin cut him off. He didn’t want to hear that because he already knew.

 

He already knew and he doesn’t want to slap that truth on his face. Because, he, even his self, know the truth from the start…Kyuhyun still in love with Ryeowook.

 

“What?” Ryeowook asked, shock voice is obvious as his eyes went wide like a saucer.

 

“I said I will give him up. I will let him go. Just...just promise me a one thing, Wook.” Sungmin said.

 

“What is it?”

 

“I will let him go but you will love him as much as he loves you.” Sungmin finally said, fighting the tears starting coming from his eyes.

 

Ryeowook smiled at what he heard, “I promise,” he assured.

 

...

 

Sungmin was way back on his home, thoughts are running on his mind. What he will do after he let Kyuhyun go? What he should do to forget the two persons important in his life? Even if it’s hurt to let him go, Sungmin need that. He needs to do that. He doesn’t want to get more hurt because of them.

 

His thoughts suddenly interrupt when his phone suddenly rung. He suddenly felt his heart skip a beat when he looked at the caller’s ID.

 

Kyuhyun…

 

What does he want? It was not enough to hurt him and Kyuhyun calling him? As much as he don’t want to answer the call, he didn’t know why he answered the call. Maybe because he just wanted to hear his voice before he will leave the young man. Just for tonight, right?

 

“Sungminnie~”

 

Sungmin heard Kyuhyun calling his name so cute, but he also heard a club song. Is Kyuhyun drinking? When Kyuhyun calling his name like that, he heard Kyuhyun’s voice was like…a little bit tipsy?

 

“Yah! What do you want?” Sungmin said, trying to scold the young man, “Are you drunk?” Sungmin asked, his voice starting to worried.

 

He will forget the plan he planned. Just for tonight.

 

“I am not.” Kyuhyun said and he hiccups, “Oops. Sorry.”

 

“Yah! Just tell me where you are so I can come there.” Sungmin said, worried voice is now obvious. What if Kyuhyun something’s happen when he get drunk? He doesn’t want the young man to get trouble.

 

“Just somewhere.” Kyuhyun replied and he hiccupped once more.

 

“Aish!” Sungmin is now irritated and he used his GPS phone so he can track Kyuhyun. Thanks God, Kyuhyun’s GPS phone is on so he can track the young man easily.

 

 

“Yah! How bottle have you been drink?” Sungmin asked.

 

As he entered the not so classy-bar, he saw Kyuhyun sitting in a table and drinking the beverages he’s drinking and twirling the alcohol inside the glass he’s holding.

 

“Heyyy!~” Kyuhyun said, looking up at Sungmin, who looking at him down, upset. He put down the glass and put up his hands in the air, as if surrendering himself and shakes his head innocently, “This is just my first,” he said and he hiccups again.

 

“Your first bottle? But, why are you already drunk?” Sungmin asked, fully irritated.

 

He never saw Kyuhyun drinking like this even when Ryeowook left him. That’s why he don’t know how to handle this drunk man if ever he will do anything stupid inside the bar.

 

“I’m not drunk.” Kyuhyun insisting said.

 

“Yes you are.”

 

Silence.

 

“Sungmin…” Kyuhyun called.

 

Sungmin hummed in response and finally, when he felt his legs get tired for standing up for so long, he sat in front of Kyuhyun.

 

“I’m sorry.” Kyuhyun whispered, bowed his head as if hiding the tears coming.

 

Sungmin mentally shocked for what he heard but he asked anyway, “For what?”

 

“For hurting you. For lying to you. For hiding Ryeowook’s belonging inside our house. For–”

 

Sungmin interrupted him, he don’t want to hear those. He knew, he is the loser in this love game from the start. He was just fool to insist himself that he will win to Kyuhyun’s heart. “It’s okay. I understand and I know about Ryeowook’s belongings, I’m not fool to not notice those. Just…I understand and I will do.”

 

Kyuhyun immediately look up at him, shocked face wearing on his faces, “You know?” he asked, “B-but how?”

 

“I saw a Ryeowook’s name buried on them.” Sungmin simply said.

 

Kyuhyun looked down, wearing a guilt face but Sungmin couldn’t see it.

 

“I-I’m sorry, Min.” Kyuhyun softly whispered said.

 

“It’s okay, Kyunnie. I –”

 

“No. I played your heart. But, I loved you.” Kyuhyun interrupting him  and whispering the last four words.

 

Sungmin did not believing Kyuhyun’s word now. It’s enough to be fooled twice not thrice. He answered him instead, with the hurt truth, “But you love Ryeowook.”

 

Silence is the next happen between them.

 

Silence means yes, and it more hurts to Sungmin.

 

“I…I–” Kyuhyun started but Sungmin cut him off immediately.

 

“Let’s go home. It's getting late.”

 

Sungmin said and helped Kyuhyun to stand him up.

 

“Are you staying at our home? It’s been one week since you didn’t came back home.” Kyuhyun asked.

 

Our home…

 

So nice to hear yet, so hurt to know that he can’t never have Kyuhyun forever in his life.

 

“I don’t know.”

 

Sungmin said and finally made their way back home.

 

 

When Kyuhyun and Sungmin finally arrive at their – old – home, Sungmin helped Kyuhyun to change his clothes into pajama. Sungmin trying to insisting Kyuhyun to take a shower before he go to bed but Kyuhyun is stubborn because he kept saying that he was not much drunk as what Sungmin think. Sungmin just sigh and he laid Kyuhyun’s body down in the soft mattress and tucked the blanket in until Kyuhyun’s half stomach.

 

Sungmin checked the time on his watch and it’s almost midnight, he needs to go home. He can’t stand inside the house where he and Kyuhyun have a lot of memories but not forgetting the man he called best friend before.

 

When he was way back to the room’s door, he felt a hand on his wrist, stopping him from leaving.

 

“Where are you going?” Kyuhyun asked, half sleepy.

 

“To go home.” Sungmin simply replied.

 

“But this is your home and I need your accompany.” Kyuhyun insisting.

 

Sighing, “Kyuhyun, this is not my home anymore. You all need is Ryeowook, not me.” he said, looking away when he felt the hot tears coming again.

 

Why is he always crying everytime he mentioning his best friend’s name? Is the tears are still not empty? How many tears he needs to let down so that when he mentioning his best friend’s name he will not cry? The tears he cried are still not enough?

 

Kyuhyun landed his feet on the floor and stand up in front of Sungmin, not losing the hold on Sungmin’s wrist. He held Sungmin’s face to look at him. When he saw the tears flowing down on Sungmin’s cheeks, he wiped them away.

 

“Sungmin…” Kyuhyun called so softly.

 

Sungmin just stared at him, thoughts running in his mind. Will Kyuhyun called Ryeowook’s name like that? Is Kyuhyun loved him as how he loves Ryeowook when they were together? Is Kyuhyun will need him if ever he will know that he leave the young man? A long minute of pause before he gradually opens his mouth, whispering the 3 words, just for tonight, he just wanted Kyuhyun to know that he really loves him even if Sungmin knew that Kyuhy

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter