Chapter 1: The New Girl

The New Girl

  I walk down the hall of my new school, I hate being the new kid. My dad moves around for his job, which he works 24/7 , so I hardly see him and when I do he's either eating or sleeping. I transferred from a private school to a public school. As I enter the school building the school already doesn't look like the best school ever. I’ve been to every type of school good ones, bad ones, even ones with great teachers and horrible students and vice versa, but this has to be the worst the teachers and students are both equally horrible. The first fifteen minutes I enter the school, I see students skipping class teachers not caring and a whole bunch of messed up things I really don’t want to think or talk about. I walk into the room where all the teachers were, I introduce myself as I bow.

"Hello I'm Lee Sora".

"Ah, the new transfer student Lee Sora?"

I nod and answer yes.

A teacher says to another teacher to show me around, he reluctantly gets up and signals for me to follow. After a few minutes of vaguely telling me where the classes are, a group a students pass us snickering. We pass the room where they came from, it was completely ransacked.

"Hey!" he screams as he chases after the students.

I stand there blank.

did he just leave me?

I wait a few minutes, he didn't come back, I decided to just look around myself.
      

   I walk around realizing that I was completely lost I decide to look for the teacher, after a few minutes I find myself outside somehow. I look around confused how did I end up outside? I go back to the door that I came out of, yep it’s locked lucky me. I walked around until I wondered if I was still on school grounds. I walked for a while until I heard a shriek. It was a girl and there were guys surrounding her. As my thoughts of this school couldn't get worse. I try to walk away slowly till I hear another scream, I finally realized whoever they are, they are hurting that girl. I stand there and listening to them.

A boy with blond hair steps up to the girl and says to her "Ari, do you really want to say no to us? You know what we can do if you don't listen to us"

The girl grimaces and replies "I paid you what you asked why can't you just leave me alone!"

He chuckles and looks at his friends as if he's saying "can you believe what she's saying"

She tries to move, but stops she holds her ankle in pain "I think you broke my ankle."

    I try slowly try to stop them then I see one of his friends look at me, he seems so disinterested in everything he says nothing. I take a step back and started to think until I got an idea.

I walk towards them and look around and finally exclaim "Ari! There you are, you said it would only take a few minutes, but you took longer than I thought."

I help her get up "let's go!"

I try to quickly leave with her.

I feel a hand on my shoulder, it's the boy.

"We have to talk to Ari, " he tells me, he tries to pull her away from me I push his hand away and say "well she needs to show me around and she looks like she's hurt so she can't 'talk' with you guys".

He and says "look listen her-" I cut him off

"No you listen here, I saw what you guys were doing to her y-you better stop or I'll tell one of the teachers."

He looks like he's getting angry

"Namjoon calm down" one of his friends say grabbing his arm, he shakes him off.

"Do you know who you're messing with?"

"The only thing I see are a group of s who have nothing better to do, but harass this girl for no reason  "

"Wow, you b^tch" he tries to grab me, I scream and close my eyes in an instant he was rolls to the ground holding his family jewels, his friends run towards him.

"Reflexes" I say as I quickly grab Ari's hand and started to walk away.

When we were a good enough distance away  we stopped.

She thanks me.

“Who are those boys” I asked her

That’s Kim Namjoon and his gang, they practically control the whole student body, I guess"

"Ah.. if you wouldn't mind me asking what did they want with you?“ I asked

She hesitates, but answers “they force me to do their homework and school work, but this time I told them no."

I nod knowing that it's a lie, but I don't want to press into her personal life.

"Hey is your ankle okay" I asked, looking down at it.

"Yeah, it wasn't actually broken I just wanted them to not try to hit me" she answers

I reply with "oh" and then there was silence.

I notice we were just roaming around aimlessly, I finally asked her which way is the door to inside.

She points ahead and we walked till we entered the building.

"What class do you have now?" I ask Ari

"English" she responds

"Me too, can I follow you? I really don't know where it is" she nods and I follow
      

 

    We came a few seconds before our teacher came in the classroom.

I stood at the front of the room and introduced myself “Hi my name is Lee Sora".

The teacher tells the students "this is Lee Sora our new transfer student, she came from from a prestigious school, please greet her warmly"

They all responded with a hello.

"Sora, I'm Mrs. Park the English teacher, have a seat by the window" the teacher says.

I sit down.

To my right there was an empty desk.

A few minutes later a boy came in late. He just sat down and no one seemed to care because it seemed like it happens daily.

I didn't really take a look at him.

He didn't care and I didn't care until my pencil fell on the floor the boy picked it up and passed it to me.

He had to do a double take, I guess to see if I was real, I glance down at my paper trying to avoid him.

"Hey,Hey,Hey" he says with each hey being louder than the last.

People in the class start to look at us, but they just ignore what's happening and get back to their work.

There was no use to ignoring him so I answer "what?"

He stares at me smiling and finally says after a while says "Well, I'm waiting"

I look at him confused and ask, "waiting for what?"

He chuckles and says "an apology, but I guess I won't get one from a stubborn like you"

I scream "what" out loud.

Mrs. Park turns around from what she's writing on the board and says "Lee Sora if you really feel so energetic about our English class, please help yourself to reading what's on the board out loud to the class"

I get up and stare at the board I stay silent till I say "He went outside to the p-pl-pla."

The class bursts out in laughter.

I stare down at my desk embarrassed.

Mrs. Park signals for me to come to her.

I walk to her desk and she asks me "Have you had English before?"

I answer yes.

She points to the board and asks "Why can't you read this?"

"I'm not good with large words" I whisper.

She asks me to say it louder

I say "I'm not good with large words." in a loud voice

The class starts to laugh again.

She tells me to talk to her after class and she signals for me to sit in my seat.

I sit back down and I spend my time looking out the window.
           

 

      At the end of class I stood by Mrs. Parks desk. As the class started to exit the classroom she singled out the blond haired boy and told him to come here.

She waits as the last student leaves and says "Lee Sora it's astonishing to me that you're in high school yet you could not read what I wrote on the board, you say you've had English before, but you have the reading capability of a child"

The boy snickers.

She continues "… well because you need extra help so Kim Namjoon will help you, he will tutor you in English"

Mrs. Parks looks at him for confirmation.

He looks startled, but agrees.

Then she puts her hands together and smiles "great! Namjoon is one of the best students in this class he'll help you catch up in no time."

I nod my head and tell her goodbye, I walk out the room looking down moving as quickly as I could away from the room.

I hear loud footsteps behind me, till he's by my side

"hey, New Girl" he says.

I glare at him "what do you want blond haired boy?"

He stares at me.

"I have a name you know"

I stop in my tracks and say "I have a name too, and it isn't b^tch or New Girl."

He laughs "Sorry about that, but wouldn't you kind of sour to the person who kneed you in the balls"

I shake my head at him and say "well I had to do something I just couldn't- ugh whatever what did you need to talk to me about?"

He looks at me like I'm crazy.

"what?" I ask.

"I need to talk to you about studying where and when do you want to meet up?"

"Ah that... I can meet after school doesn't matter where, but it has to be close to the school"

And it also has to be in a public area, the more people the better!

"I can meet at the library, but it has to end somewhere at 8pm or 9pm I have somewhere to go"

I answer okay.

He walks away then turns around and says "the library around the corner after school okay?"

I give him a thumbs up, he responds with one too.

     I watch him walk down the hall till he meets one of his friends, he looks a little older than Namjoon, Namjoon stops him in his tracks and starts to explain to him about tutoring me. He looks down the hall at me our eyes meet, he quickly looks back a Namjoon and shrugs. Namjoon puts a hand on his shoulder and says something he glares back at me and walks away Namjoon quickly follows laughing behind him. I walk down the hall to look for my next class. I look around a realize I'm lost I look around for someone to ask for directions. I bump into someone and I fall backwards, I get up and start quickly apologizing, I realize he was a upperclassman. I start to apologize more. He looks at me and rolls his eyes and starts to walk away. I realize I'm still lost "wait" I yell to him, he doesn't stop , I chase him down the hall (he's a really fast) I finally catch up to him and tap him on the shoulder.

I stop to catch my breath as he turns around, he takes an ear bud out and asks "what do you want?"

I explain to him my current situation.

"Ah… you want to find that class?... You're pretty stupid huh?"

"What" I said confused.

"I saw you before, you're really bad at being and finding your way around"

He was the guy that noticed me...

"Well whatever the class is all the way on the other side of the building, go down the stairs and take a left and walk straight down and you'll find the class room"

I thank him and bow but by the time I look up he's not there.

What a jerk

      I ran to my next class trying not to be late. I sadly wasn't as lucky before and I was late. I apologized as I entered the room and took a seat and started to take notes. I felt a tap on my paper. I look to the side, it was Ari. I waved at her next to me not saying hi, trying not to make any noise. The teacher turned around explaining the problems we had to do. Everyone started to copy down the problems. I stared at them. I don't know how to do this I thought. I tapped on Ari's shoulder.

She looked at me and whispered "what".

I pointed to my paper and asked "how do you solve this"

She passed me her notes.

I quickly copy down her notes and thank her.

I still don't understand.

I ask her to explain it to me. She nods and she starts to explain the long process of solving the equation

While she explains it my mind starts to wonder.

Then at some point I think of Kim Namjoon.

I cut off Ari in the Middle of explanation and ask her " What do Kim Namjoon and his friends actually do?"

Ari whispers "This isn't the place to talk about this"

She puts her pencil off my paper and onto hers.

She turns away from me, I sigh knowing I probably lost all chances of making a friend if she didn't talk to me.

I'm antisocial, I don't talk to people that much.

She turns around and passes me a note that said "Why do you want to know?"

I write back, "because I'm studying with him alone, I want to know if he's dangerous before I go somewhere alone with him"

She looks at me worried.

She glances at the paper and starts to write again.

She reassured me and wrote "He's safe to be alone with, but not safe when he's around his friends"'

"What do you mean"

 "You don't want to know."

I look at her.

"What do you mean I don't want to know, how bad is it?"

 "So bad you really don't want/need to know, just don't worry the less you know the safer you are"

I tried to ask what she meant, but by that time seemed to have fast forwarded itself, because the class was now over.

Ari got her things and quickly got out of the classroom.

I tried to follow her, but I didn't want to be late for my next class.