four

Bluff!

FOUR ♧


"I need you to pretend to be my long-lost cousin."

What?

Sunggyu blinked several times in confusion, scratching his head. "Y-You mean you weren't confessing?"

There were several blinks exchanged after that. "What made you think I was confessing to you?" Seulbi asked in equal confusion.

Though thoroughly embarrassed for assuming the wrong thing, Sunggyu decided to be the cool about it, stepping away. "Oh I don't know. Maybe the 'Kim Sunggyu, I need you' part had me reading things wrong? Or maybe that part where you suddenly grabbed me like I was the love of your life that you weren't going to see ever again? Normal people will misunderstand your intentions," he snapped. "Smooth moves though, it's like you've practiced loads for it. That is, if you haven't gone through the same ordeal before."

He had completely missed the grimace on Seulbi's face at his remark. The heiress had quickly schooled her expression, suddenly remembering what she was here for in the first place. "Kim Sunggyu, my grandfather is in a critical stage right now. He's lost his will to live and it won't be long before he..." she told him before pausing, unable to bring herself to say it. "It's his last wish to get to see his long-lost grandson, even if only in his final moments. Henry-oppa is the person I've been trying to find all this time, and I've really run out of leads and of options. I need your skills, Kim Sunggyu. I need you to be Henry Lau. Be my long-lost cousin, just for a night. That's all I'm asking."

Even this was too much for Sunggyu to handle. "You want me to pretend to be the grandson of a dying old man? I can't lie to that extent!"

"You swindled more than 25 million off me by lying alone. I've talked to mister Lee Byunghyun at the bar you work at-- God knows how many more people you've conned money from, whether it be any big or small amount."

"This is a different case. This would be lying to a dying person! Even that is completely against my conscience!"

"Never knew you had it in you, though. A conscience. And don't you always go against it anyway?"

Seulbi had hit a new all-time low right below the belt with those statements. She could tell by the way his grasp tightened around the sling of his bag. "Didn't you tell me back at the hospital? Your situation, no matter how dire, in no way justifies any wrongdoing you've committed," Sunggyu growled. "So what makes this any different from what I did?"

Great, she had just insulted him big time! It was an uphill battle from here, and from the looks of it, she might not win in the end.

"Look, I'll pay your money back somehow and let's just call it even."

"I'll wipe your slate clean, Kim Sunggyu. We can forget about the sum you owe me-- I'll reward you with however much you want negotiate on. On top of that, I'll help pay back every debt you owe anybody."

He hesitated a bit. That offer was heavily tempting, but in the end, his principles stood firm. "I'm really sorry about your grandfather but I really can't do what you're asking of me. Please don't bother me about it anymore. I really have to board the bus now, I've been holding them up already."With that, Sunggyu had turned to leave and board the public transportation vehicle.

Adamant, the heiress chased him into the bus (she was doing an awful lot of chasing lately), grabbing onto the hem of his shirt and clenching it tightly out of desperation. 
"I really really need you," Seulbi breathed out for practically everyone to hear. Passengers had looked up from what they were previously doing and were staring at the two of them by this time. Even the driver was being lenient on his departure time when the bus should have left a minute ago. He really wanted to see how this drama would unfold and end.

Carefully, he loosened her grip and pried her hand away from his shirt. Her hand immediately dropped back to her side after that. "I'm sorry, Lee Seulbi," he apologized for the last time. "Goodbye."

Seulbi decided there was no point in being pushy about it. She already had that nagging feeling in the pit of her gut that this would all turn into her favor somehow-- hopefully through some sort of divine intervention. All she had to do was be a bit more patient. "Kim Sunggyu, think about it! If you change your mind, you know where to find me!" she rang after him, gracefully exiting the bus afterwards.

Shaking his head, Sunggyu walked on forward to find his seat. Everything went back to normal then, normal chatter errupted through the bus as the engine finally roared to life. It was finally time to depart back to Seoul. 
From where he was, a free seat could be spotted a little towards the back, so he made his way to that area. As he passed by the middle section, he could feel a few stares directed at him.

"Cold, isn't he? Even if his pretty girlfriend was pleading for him not to leave," an elderly woman whispered.

"She looked like such a nice girl, too. I wonder why they broke up," her companion replied.

Sunggyu flushed several shades of red after that, realizing that to the passengers of the bus, their earlier conversation did look like a bad break-up of sorts. And from their point of view, he had been such a douchebag, reacting so coldly after girl wonder had publicly declared that she needed him. He deliberately nosedived right into his seat, sinking extremely low onto the back rest so that only his forehead was visible to the people in front, who were still staring at him.

His thoughts trailed back to girl wonder's request earlier. Technically, it wasn't a difficult task for him to pull off. All he probably had to do was stand there, introduce himself as Henry, listen to some words of apology and forgive the old man on Henry's behalf. If he took the girl's offer, it was the biggest deception he was possibly going to make in his life, and it was sure to stain his conscience until the day he died. If he got caught, he could be sent to jail for fraudulence and that would ruin his future for good.

But if he succeeded, he could get what he really wanted. He could send himself to a university if he wished, get a better-paying desk job thanks to his degree, become a manager if he was that good. Hell, he could even put up his own business and start a conglomerate. Lee Seulbi could practically make it rain money just for him, a
ll because of one lie... for a good cause. Still not the right way to go about with things. But since when had he ever cared?

He thought about the proceedings of these past few days. Lee Seulbi had not left him on his own on the streets that night she had nearly run into him and had taken full responsibility. Lee Seulbi had helped Sungjong get a scholarship into a university. Lee Seulbi had promised to donate a fixed sum to the orphanage monthly from her own savings, helping cover for the expenses that he usually worked overtime for to fill quota. For something as urgent as finding her long-lost cousin, she still managed to go out of her way to help them. Lee Seulbi had been that little ray of hope for Sungjong and the kids at Little Haven. And for him too, admittedly. Maybe not all those in the upper echilon of society were that heartless.

This time, it was she who needed help. Could he be that same little ray of hope for her as well?

 

<<<< >>>>

 

Something was up. Sunggyu knew that the moment the security guards bowed to greet him the moment he walked through the glass doors to the Olympus the very next day. They had only given a mere nod and greeting to the previous two guests who were more fancily-dressed than he was.

He had not even opened his mouth to state his purpose of visit when the secretary who had been so apprehensive to let him in the last time, Mari, spoke to him. "Good morning, Mr. Kim, the Young Miss is currently in and is free. Would you like me to accompany you to the lounge?"

"It's okay. I can see myself in."

"As you wish. Also, would you prefer to have complimentary juice, coffee or tea, sir?"

It all clicked then. The nerve of that girl! Girl wonder had been so sure he was going to come running to her in agreement to help her out, thus the VIP treatment and flattery he was currently receiving. Since she was being so nice, he should go ahead and abuse it.

"Coffee would be fine, thank you. Make that an extra large, too."

"Very well then. It will be served to you upstairs. Miss Seulbi has already been informed of your presence."

His feet padding very heavily onto the carpeted hallway, he made his way to where Seulbi was currently staying and gave a curt knock before entering the lounge. Girl wonder had looked up from whatever she was viewing on her laptop. No greetings were shared between the two as they stared at each other. The corner of her lip rose.

God, he wanted to wipe that victorious smirk off her face.

"Let's cut to the chase, alright?" Sunggyu began, not even waiting to be seated. "I can only help you if you can give me a reassurance that there won't be any avenue for any screw-ups. Because when that cat has been let out of the bag, I really have no chance to save myself from that rut. I can't post bail, I can't even call for a lawyer. The kids back at the orphanage won't take it lightly-- they'll have a hard time with my absence."

"If anything happens, I will take full responsibility for it," Seulbi reassured.

"A mere nineteen year-old. What power do you have?"

A lot more than you can even imagine it, Kim Sunggyu. And it's something even I'm not even prepared for. It's not even something I want.

"Alright, I know what you're getting at. Name me your price," Seulbi sighed, crossing her arms. Sunggyu came equally prepared, pulling out a complete breakdown of his budget proposal, which the heiress gave a careful look over. "Really, you're charging this much for miscellaneous fees?"

"Your job may or may not require me to cry on the spot, Lee Seulbi. I have dry-eye syndrome. More effort, higher charging rates."

"How about we see if that happens first before I pay you extra for it? Also, this breakdown is complete bogus. I'll pay you 60% of what's written down here."

"Definitely non-negotiable. 85% with the miscellaneous charge."

"70%."

"75%. You can pay the miscellaneous charge if I get the job done. Final offer, take it or leave it." 

"Alright deal," she finally agreed, shaking his hand to seal it. "I will have Shimgoon look this over once again for verification, but for now, we get to work."

The atmosphere became a bit more business-like now that everything was set. Seulbi flipped her laptop towards him, away from the door and from the prying eyes of anyone who would suddenly walk in. She practically had an hour before Woohyun and the rest turned up. "After one orientation, we'll run through it again until we make sure no holes are left unfilled. I will introduce you to Abeonim as Kim Sunggyu, just to make sure we don't slip and our cover doesn't get blown. This was the name given to you by your adoptive parents. They were into the real estate business and belonged to the upper middle class income bracket. You were raised well, and they gave you everything that you wanted and needed, because they really loved you as if you were their own son."

"They sent you to an exclusive private school for boys in Jeonju. You were a good student, always at the top of the class. Not only were you good academically, you were very active in your extracurriculars: president of the student council, captain and star player of the soccer team. You're lead violinist of the school orchestra and you're extremely talented to the point that you've received several offers from Julliard-- Kim Sunggyu-ssi, are you even listening?"

He let go of one of the tiny balls from the Newton's cradle on the desk, allowing momentum and inertia to run its course and the balls at either end to swing back and forth "Sorry, I can't help it. Your story is so dry and uninteresting because it doesn't sound half believable at all," Sunggyu pointed out. "There's no drama, no conflict whatsoever. It needs a bit more... 'oomph' to it."

"What would you suggest I 'oomph up' then?" Seulbi snapped in complete sarcasm.

"Okay, we can still go with your stuck-up boy-with-no-social-life story. But what if that perfect facade was all a cover up? Deep down, he was a boy with a rebellious stint, who partied and played hard every night and had several issues with another rival group from another school. They could even get into brawls and he'd always come out victorious--"

"Hey. I spent hours mulling on this and I will not allow my plan to be muddled by slipping unecessary violence and immature gang fighting into the story. What do you think this is, a manhwa storyline?"

"Well it sure sounds like it," Sunggyu replied through gritted teeth, only to be glared at in response. "Besides, your story requires me to play the violin. I can't play that for ! What about an electric or bass guitar instead?"

One more snide remark and she was really going to send her entire 15-inch Macbook crashing into his face. "Uncle Jinki was highly gifted in classical music, so I thought it would be more believable if his 'son' could be at least skilled in that aspect."

"If you insist so much, I can learn that then, no problem! For an extra talent fee, of course--"

"Let's just scrap the violin idea then."

"Stingy."

He was going to give her a migraine if he kept his antics up. Seulbi has never found anyone so difficult to work with until she had met this irritant over here. "Kim Sunggyu-ssi, please make this easier for us and just try not to go against the plan, alright? We don't have the luxury of time!"

"It's hard for me, alright? Do I seriously look like I've experienced any of that? Besides, it's really too good to be true--" 

"This is what my grandfather needs to hear, Kim Sunggyu, to give him peace of mind. I don't want him feeling any guiltier than he already is," Seulbi murmured. In that moment, Sunggyu backed down a little after seeing a glimpse of her vulnerability. The girl was worried and extremely tense-- a little panicked even. If he was feeling extremely guilty for doing this, Lee Seulbi must be feeling that ten times as worse.

"We'll run through it again. This time, please cooperate."

"Yes, boss."

 

<<<< >>>>

 

Well, he could definitely get used to this. This was the life!

Girl wonder had arranged for him to spend the night at the Olympus just to make sure he wouldn't run away from their deal and to make sure he looked pampered and relaxed enough for the part. Who was he to decline a free overnight stay? Currently, he had one whole suite room to himself and was lazily flipping through channels in the biggest flat screen he's ever touched, let alone seen upclose. Earlier, he had gone exploring, gotten himself a back massage at the spa by the early afternoon, lounged at the pool side in the late afternoon and had fancy dinner and a couple of drinks at the sky lounge restaurant.

Shimgoon had delivered tomorrow's apparel later that night, which had Sunggyu's eyes automatically widening the moment he had informed that those were already his. Whose wouldn't? These were clothes from Giorgio Armani and were soon to be the most expensive set of clothes he's ever owned.

"The young miss is currently at the hospital, so she had sent me instead. We will be carrying the plan out a bit later than expected, Young Master Sunggyu. Agassi wants to make sure that her cousins will not be there to interfere with your proceedings. They've taken turns in watching over the sajangnim and the young miss deliberately chose the night shift. We will be dropping by at around eight o'clock tomorrow night, please have yourself ready by then."

He nodded to signify that he understood.

One night. He just needed to get through one night and that was it. He swore to use the money he earned wisely and lead an honest life. He promised he would never lie and con people ever again after that.

 

<<<< >>>>

 

Sunggyu was getting more and more nervous as the seconds passed, his unease evident in the way he was buttoning and ing the cuffs on his sleeves. In the end, he decided to roll the sleeves of his white dress shirt up to his elbows. Seulbi looked more fidgety and tense than he was right now, restlessly pacing about the elevator while wringing her hands behind her back as they waited for their stop.

"Stay here. I'll double check if the coast is clear," she told him once they had stepped out of the elevator. Seulbi was just about to turn the corner when she backed up, having run into a group of several elderly men.

"Seulbi," one of them called out in familiar recognition. "How are you?"

"To be honest, tired, Prosecutor Hwang. Good evening to all of you," Seulbi replied honestly, greeting the whole lot of them with a respectful 90-degree bow. "Thank you all for visiting my grandfather."

That did not go unheard by Sunggyu and his thoughts ran haywire. Prosecutor?

"We've met Woohyun earlier, he had to leave ahead to send his mother back home. Soyeon looked like she was about to faint from exhaustion. Please tell her to get some more rest," Prosecutor Hwang continued.

Another one of them spoke up this time. "Not only Soyeon, you should all get some rest, child. And eat well too. It won't do Jungyeop any good if any of you falls sick as well," he advised. "Please do take care of each other."

Jungyeop... like, Lee Jungyeop, CEO to Woollim group of companies?

"Yes, we will most certainly do so, General Choi. Thank you."

G-General?!?

"We are all here for your grandfather and your family, Seulbi. He's helped us all in our time of need, we are deeply honored to do the same for him," the next person told her. Seulbi only muttered her thanks and bowed again respectfully.

WOW, I'M DEFINITELY SCREWED! WHY DID I SIGN UP FOR THIS WITHOUT A BACKGROUND CHECK?!?


Sunggyu had only seen him on television a few number of times, but it does not mean he didn't recognize the man. The country's Chief Justice was standing before them, sending his well-wishes through Lee Seulbi. Seulbi's grandfather was this much of a big shot if he was good friends with these powerful people. Being friends with the country's Chief Justice and one of the heads of the state's military force just completely killed the list. If he got found out and accused of fraud, a man-hunt was sure to go down in history of Korea as the quickest one to be accomplished. He didn't know where to go, where to hide-- he was a complete goner if that happened!

After speaking to the heiress for a little while more, they all said their goodbyes and departed towards the elevator. Seulbi traced back her steps to fetch Sunggyu as well, who was standing there still looking pretty shell-shocked. "We're good to go, Kim Sunggyu. Woohyun's already left," she told him.

"Lee Seulbi, I-I decided I can't do this. I really can't," he suddenly stammered, backing away slowly.

Seulbi looked appalled, following after him, pulling him towards the fire exit to make sure they were out of earshot. "Of all the times to be getting the jitters, you seriously chose now?"

"Who wouldn't after knowing your grandfather has connections to some of Korea's big shots? The police, the military and the Supreme Court, Lee Seulbi? I'd be a complete goner the moment your grandfather realizes I'm a phony!"

"Trust me, I will cover for you and take full responsibility. But we can avoid any altercations if we play our cards right-- just please trust me on this."

"That's a different case for both of us-- even if you admit your mistake, your family will still forgive you. What about me, the outsider? Of course, I'd come out looking like a total swindler who's taken advantage of the whole situation. The risks are too high--"

"My grandfather's life is also on the line."

"Don't even let me get started on your grandfather! Your grandfather is Lee Jungyeop? The CEO of Woollim Group? This was in no way brought to my attention from the get-go!"

"I thought that in itself was pretty obvious. How else could I have gotten you a room at the Olympus that quickly if I didn't have any connections there? Why else would I be hanging out at one of the lounge rooms at the Olympus?"

"Yeah, why would you be hanging out all business-like there anyway?"

"It's like... a 'summer' job of sorts with my cousins-- just during school breaks like this winter one. We've been helping out in however way we could ever since we were little-- but that's not important right now, we're veering off topic!"

Sunggyu ran his hands through his hair in complete frustration, ruffling it angrily. "I admit, I lie my way in to get to the things I need. I lie to get out of helpless situations. But at least I won't lie about something as serious as this to my family."

"Kim Sunggyu, think of how much you love the people at Little Haven. Think of how much it would hurt you to see them hurting as well. Those people are the most important people to you, right?" Seulbi tried for the last time, appealing to his emotions. If he still wasn't going to agree after hearing this last plea of hers, then she decided she wouldn't impose any further on him. "Then you'd be able to relate on that level at least. My grandfather is my most important person; I can't imagine my life without him. And I would do anything in my power just to see him alive and well and happy, but right now, I don't have that luxury. So please I'm begging you. You are the only one that could give him his peace of mind in the last few moments of his life. I won't hold it against you if you decide not to do it."

The ball was on his side of the court now. The decision whether to help out or not was left up to him. Seulbi waited with bated breath for his response.

"I'm really sorry," was all that he said before turning heel and leaving.

 

<<<< >>>>

 

After staying here for a good hour now at her grandfather's bedside, she had grown accustomed to the beeping coming from the heart monitor and the mechanical hissing of the ventilator. Seulbi was just about to doze off when her grandfather started to stir and awaken.

"Welcome back." He still managed to greet her the moment he had seen her sitting at bedside. He did so with a smile despite his condition. True enough, during her turn to watch over her grandfather yesterday, he had been asleep the whole time. This was the first time they were speaking to each other since she had left for Jeonju.

"I'm home, Abeonim. I'm here now. I'll be here if you need anything."

"Seulbi... earlier today I asked Woohyun to take care of you younger grandchildren. I'm asking you to do the same, child. Take care of each other. Love each other. You are all responsible for each other when I'm gone."

"Abeonim. Please don't say things like that..."

"Good lead at Jeonju?" he breathed hopefully. "Soyeon told me."

Her heart dropped. She had failed to find Henry. How could she say it to him now? Even so, Seulbi tried to steel herself, clenching down on her already shaking fist. "Your grandson, Henry... I've looked in all places possible, and I really tried my best to find him," she murmured, unable to bring herself to continue. It would really break her grandfather's heart. "He's-- Abeonim, he's..."

The door clicked open, causing the heiress to jump slightly in her seat, drawing the attention of grandfather and granddaughter. By the doorway stood Kim Sunggyu, who looked like he had decided to suddenly run back to the hospital from wherever he came from. Later that day, she was really going to hit him on the head for giving her the most unnecessary scare of her life.

Seulbi watched as Sunggyu stared at her grandfather, as though he had remembered the man from somewhere in his distant memory. As if he had already been familiar with him. As if this wasn't the first time they had actually met.

"By chance... that boy...? Is that boy...?" Jungyeop stammered, attempting so badly to sit up that he was putting a strain onto the oxygen mask line connected. Seulbi still stood there in disbelief that this was actually happening, so Sunggyu decided to take charge, moving forward and easing the elderly man back down on the bed carefully. "Is it really you? H-Henry?"

"Yes, Grandpa. I've come to see you. Cousin Seulbi found me," Sunggyu nodded with such a serene smile on his face as he held onto the elder's outreached hand. "I'm your grandson, Henry."

"Son..." Jungyeop murmured, his grip tightening with so much affection as he instantly teared up. "You look so much like your father. Except for your lips and chin-- they're your mother's. How old are you now?"

"Twenty-one."

"Imagine, nineteen long years together, lost. I'm sorry we couldn't find you sooner. You must have suffered so much all by yourself-- this would not have happened had I not been such a bad father to my children. I was selfish back then, and because of that, I've lost you and your parents. Your grandfather is truly sorry. Forgive me for the wrong I've done against your family."

"Shh, none of that now. I'm not holding any hard feelings against you. The most important thing is that we're together again. Our family's complete again. What good would it do if you're gone?" Sunggyu could have sworn he was trying to choke back his own tears as he said those words. "Don't leave us. You'll still get better, I know it. Don't leave us... please."

Jungyeop merely smiled at the boy. "I'm really grateful that you're alive, Henry. It feels so uplifting that I finally got to see you, well and happy. My precious Seulbi..."

Now his attention was directed back to her. The heiress had been extremely silent all this time as she struggled to keep her own tears from spilling. "Yes, Abeonim."

"Thank you. You've always been my pride and my joy. You've made me very happy. Now I have no regrets," he murmured tearfully as held her hand with his other free hand. "I love you, my child. Never forget that."

"I love you too."

That seemed to bring him a sense of relief and peace as he exhaled deeply, closing his eyes. His grip on his grandchildren's hands loosened eventually, sending Seulbi into complete and utter panic. It was as if her world shattered right there and then. 
"Abeonim?!?" she called out, before repeating his name a bit more urgently. "Abeonim-- you can't be-- I--"

Annoying tutting completely interrupted the moment and it irritated her. How could this person be so insensitive?

"Geezus, do I really have to do everything on my own here? Lee Seulbi, get a grip of yourself!" Sunggyu was now pinching her cheeks up before her tears could start spilling. "Don't waste them! No one's dead!"

"H-Huh?"

"Maybe it's just me watching too many movies and Korean drama, but shouldn't this thing go on flat line? And shouldn't this thing go 'beeeeeeeeep'? Heart rate says 80 beats per minute too," Sunggyu pointed out, tracing the heartbeat readings on the monitor. "Have some common sense. Your grandfather's just asleep! Imagine if you actually called the nurse station to bring in a team to resuscitate him-- it would have been extremely embarrassing. And look-- tears! I guess I'm getting that extra miscellaneous fee after all!"

Unable to hold herself back this, she really hit his head with her balled fist out of sheer frustration and embarrassment.

"Irritant!"

 

<<<< >>>>

 

Seulbi was seated on one of the benches outside the hospital room, nodding off against the wall after having stormed out of the room. The girl had been completely pooped now that the preliminary scare was over. Days of no sleep had finally paid off. Her grandfather seemed to have bought it completely with no doubts.

It was really all thanks to that moving scenario Sunggyu had concocted earlier. She had to practically remind herself over and over again that this wasn't real and she need not to cry. If it was the real Henry in Sunggyu's place, she wouldn't be caring about bawling on the spot.

Plus, she couldn’t help but notice the smooth interaction between Kim Sunggyu and her grandfather. Right then and there, she could tell the two had clicked from the moment they had met each other through sight alone. The two were able to warm up to one another more quickly than she expected. Maybe it was just Sunggyu’s lying and acting abilities at full prowess or…

... maybe he really was her long-lost cousin Henry.

Everything couldn't be just by some mere coincidence. Wide awake now, Seulbi was highly considering ordering a DNA cross-matching test to verify or at least quell her suspicions. The plan was to get him out of here before either Sungyeol or Hoya came to take over the watch come morning time, then she could bribe Kim Sunggyu to submit some of his blood or hair or something for sampling. The guy would do anything for money.

Excited, she entered the hospital room to carry out what she had in mind, only to find Sunggyu fast asleep on the couch. The heiress also checked in on her grandfather, who was also sleeping rather peacefully with a smile plastered on his face.

All that emotionally-charged acting must have drained him. Seulbi decided to let him sleep in, draping his blazer around him. There was still a few hours to spare before sun up. She could wake him up by then.

"Props to you, you had me extremely convinced," she whispered, laughing as he started to snore in his sleep. "Thank you, Sunggyu. Really, thank you."

 

<<<< >>>>

 

"I thought I taught you two better than this! You let Seulbi, your girl cousin, take the graveyard watch?!?"

"But mom, she really insisted! Besides, she says it feels too lonely at home without abeonim there."

"So what if  she insisted, Lee Sungyeol? Has it ever occurred to any of you to actually invite her to stay over at our mansion for the night instead of leaving her alone? Where is your sense of responsibility? You, as the elder, should be the one taking care of your cousin!"

"Mother, please, your tone. It's early in the morning... and we're in public-- in a hospital nonetheless."

"Don't you shush me, Lee Howon! I spent nearly twenty-two hours in labor just to bring you into this world, so I can scold you whenever and wherever I deem it appropriate!"

"Dad--? A little help before mother starts tearing us to shreds?!?"

"Uhhh... right! Now, now, yeobo, let's keep ourselves nice and calm."

"Jong-in, I cannot believe you! Are you actually siding with the kids on this?!?"



Seulbi groaned, bothered by all the screaming in her head. Of all the things to be dreaming about, it was her Aunt Soojung unleashing fury down onto her two sons. She had that calm, demure facade on for most of the time, but once angered, she was relentless. The screaming was getting louder and louder that she could practically hear Hoya and Sungyeol whimpering in fear. There was Woohyun too, laughing at both of them. Her Uncle Boohyun and Aunt Soyeon were chattering away with a familiar overly joyful voice. The footsteps were coming closer and closer each second too.

Wait a minute. FOOTSTEPS?

Seulbi's eyes shot wide open. She had overslept. The sun was already up and for sure, Kim Sunggyu was still fast asleep inside the hospital room. To make things worse, the entire Lee family was here at full force.

This was not good!

Hurriedly, she scrambled to get into the room, immediately yanking a sleeping Sunggyu off the couch, ignoring his initial whining as he was startled awake. Wordlessly, she shoved him into the bathroom, even chucking his coat along with him.

"Family emergency! Stay there until I tell you to come out," she instructed in a low whisper and he nodded once. Just as Sunggyu closed the bathroom door, a short rapping was heard on the main door. Seulbi attended to it and in entered her grandfather's attending physician, Woohyun along with his parents, Hoya and Sungyeol along with theirs as well. "Good morning," she greeted them politely with a bow to each and every one, the last visitor to enter surprising her. "Dino-woo! You're back!"

"Hey Bumblebee!" Jang Dongwoo greeted brightly, his grin bringing a small smile to Seulbi's face as well. "I flew back as soon as I could after hearing Harabeonim was admitted to the hospital. Mom and Dad send their regards from Paris."

The Jangs were a really close business associate of the Lees that could trace back to the time before Woollim became the grandeur that it was today. It was the Jang's lot and building that Lee Jungyeop had spent his last monetary funds on to transform into a small business inn and everything just followed after that. Dongwoo's father managed one of the biggest and best security guard companies in Korea and Woollim's staff were exclusively hired from the Jangs. Dongwoo's mother was a world-renowned interior and furniture designer and has helped with most of Woollim's resorts and hotels. As a result, their son, Jang Dongwoo, had been with the rest of the Lee cousins since their diaper days and had grown up together with all of them. They were  practically family now.

"Thank you, Dongwoo. How are you? How was France?" Seulbi asked, barraging him with questions, momentarily forgetting that Sunggyu was still stowed away in the bathroom.

"I'm really fine, thanks! Though I really would have preferred spending my entire summer roughing it on Mount Kilimanjaro in Kenya, France was a blast as well," he responded. "I brought you a little something from there too. Here's a clue: you really like them!"

If the gift was from France and if it's specifically for her, then it could only mean that Dongwoo had brought home a box of one of the best delicacies in the world. Seulbi's tired face practically lit up in excitement.

"Told you she'd be happy to see you," Hoya nudged.

Dongwoo only laughed heartily. "Are you sure it's because of me? Or the bring home?"

"Dongwoo, you're the most awesome oppa ever! We'll catch up later!" she told him, clapping her hand onto his shoulder. With a wave, he gestured that he was going to go and see her grandfather. Once everyone was busy checking on Jungyeop and waiting quietly for the doctor's assessment, Seulbi stood sentinel to the bathroom door, timing the perfect opportunity to cue Sunggyu out.

"It's a miracle! Sajangnim came back fighting. His blood pressure has been stabilizing since the last we checked earlier at the 3 in the morning. His heart rate, his respiratory rate and the rest of his vital signs are improving as well. If he keeps it up, he has a high chance of getting discharged from the hospital with excellent recovery," the doctor announced, unable to hide his smile at the good news.

Everyone breathed a sigh of relief and joy. It was at that moment when Jungyeop woke up as well, surprised to see so many people in his room. "Good morning, indeed! You're all here!" he grinned. "My favorite Dongwoo too!"

"Yup, straight from Paris. How're you feeling, Grandpa Lee?" Dongwoo greeted.

"Much better now that everyone's here."

Meanwhile, Sunggyu was on the verge of going crazy inside the bathroom. There must have been about ten people in the room. Ten people all waiting with pitch forks and torches to burn him at stake for fraud. For sure, Lee Seulbi was included too-- that traitor! Why did he have to be careless and sleep in so casually? WHY?!?

A light, curt and barely audible knock interrupted his thoughts. That was his cue to leave. Ever so gently, he opened the door, peering through the small crack to see if anyone else was in the vicinity. Only girl wonder was around. Seulbi cocked her head towards the exit and he quickly understood that it was high time for him to scram. Quietly, he slipped out of the bathroom without attracting any attention. Three steps. Two steps. One more step. His hand reached out for the doorknob...

"Henry, where are you going?" Jungyeop croaked.

Sunggyu mentally cursed at his rotten luck, hesitantly pulling his hand back from the door knob. He had been so, soooo close to freedom! Seulbi couldn't help but turn around and knock her forehead onto the wall she was leaning against.

"I'm sorry, I don't think I heard right, abeonim," Woohyun repeated in bewilderment. "Did you say 'Henry'?"

"Yes, Henry! That boy over there is Henry!" Jungyeop announced and everyone turned to the direction he was staring at. Everyone's eyes widened at the boy who resembled Lee Jinki so much.

"HENRY?!?" they all screamed in bewilderment, much to Jungyeop's amusement. They could hear him chuckling through his ventilator. Seulbi wanted to hit her forehead onto the wall again, lie on the floor and wait for the ground to magically swallow her up. 

"He was here since last night! Our Seulbi found him!"

Everyone turned to Seulbi this time, who let out a big sigh and nodded. "It's true."

Jungyeop couldn't be anymore happier at the grand family reunion. "Henry, come here.These are your family, my boy! I want you to meet your aunts, uncles and cousins."

Hesitantly, Sunggyu flashed his best fake smile to greet them, giving them all a respectful bow.

"Errr... Hi."


A/N: Yes, Henry's character peg is actually Super Junior's Henry Lau. Thus the violin reference (if you still didn't get that). Sunggyu and him have some resemblances at some angles, don't you think so too? Especially with the bangs swept up, but maybe that's just my opinion. It's probably the nearly-non existent eyes.