Sehun, Jongin, Kyungsoo

Finding Home
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“Your mom is getting married.”

“Are you being serious now?” Sehun tore his sight from the TV to look at his uncle.

“Don’t think too much about that, Sehun.”

“She didn’t say anything.”

“She told me not to tell you, but I think you should know.” Sehun’s uncle said.

“I…. I’m going to work.”

“Sehun-ahh…”

“I’m fine, uncle. I’m fine.” Sehun said to his uncle, more like tried to convince himself.

“Just… Don’t get into trouble.”

Sehun nodded.

Sehun walked out to get his scooter. He wore his helmet. Heaved a long sigh, he started his scooter and drifted to his work place.

It wasn’t his shift yet, but he came to the changing room and changed into his work clothes. His boss was proud of him and gave him two thumbs up when he walked to the cashier, Sehun ignored him.

He was currently working at a bubble tea shop, it was one of his part time jobs. He worked as a cashier boy at the bubble tea shop, as a waiter at a café and delivering boy at a jjajangmyun shop. He had given up his part time job at the supermarket because he couldn’t handle it. He worked hard, it wasn’t that he was that poor. He had his reason, his mom.

Sehun was getting off his last job at the café when it was almost midnight. He wore his helmet and started his scooter. Suddenly, he wasn’t feeling like going home. He rode his scooter to a park instead. As expected, there was no one there. He got down with his helmet and sat at the bench. He detached his helmet and hugged it. He then laid down at the bench to stare at the night sky.

He took out his phone and saw that he got a message from his uncle, he quickly typed a reply saying he was alright. He then dialed his mom’s number. No answer. He tried again, still no. Until the seventh tried, he gave up. He scoffed.

“Mom.” He mumbled. His mind brought him back to his past, four years ago.

“Sehun-ahh, you know that I’m doing this for you, right?”

“No, mom. I promise I’ll work harder.”

“Sehun, listen. I’ll be back. When I’m rich enough, I’ll be back. I promise.”

“But I can work for us. I can quit the school if the school fee is too expensive. I can—“

“No! Don’t you dare to quit school, I won’t forgive you.”

“Mom, just don’t leave me.”

“You’ll be fine with uncle.”

“No, mom. I wanna be with you.”

His mom looked at him with a firm look.

“Sehun-ahh, just live well, okay? Don’t bother me.”

“Mooom.”

“I’M DOING THIS FOR US, Sehun. You don’t wanna live like this forever, right?”

Sehun was ready to cry.

“Don’t cry! It makes me feel bad.”

Sehun tried hard not to let his tears slip.

“Goodbye, Sehun.” Just like that, Sehun watched his mom walked away with her suitcases. He blinked. He ignored the tears stained his cheeks when his uncle pulled him into a hug.

“Mom.”

Sehun thought he had lost his mom, but he believed he didn’t. He could always still call his mom. It was four years already. And now, his mom got married, he never thought his mom would go that far. It was hard enough for him to stay away from his mom, but his mom was still his mom. Now, his mom would have a new family. Her family, without him.

He sat down. His mind was scattered, but he had to be strong. He decided to go home—to his uncle’s home.

As he expected, his uncle was there to wait for him.

“Are you okay?” His uncle asked worriedly.

“I’m fine.”

“Go to sleep.” His uncle said and patted his back.

“Uhmm.. Uncle, did you go the wedding party?” Sehun asked without looking at his uncle.

“No, I didn’t, Sehun-ahh. She told me not to.”

Sehun nodded.

“Hmmm… The guy, you know, she married to… Who

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter