하루만 (Just One Day) Chapter 2

하루만 (Just One Day)

I sigh. “Thank you, Doojoon Hyeong.” I politely return that phone to its owner.

“Something wrong?” He asks.

I shook my head. “Nothing’s too serious that might effect BEAST.”

He smiles. “Yeah. You’re an easy-going person in front of the camera. But please tell me what happened behind those cameras.”

I sigh. Again. “A girl.”

“Do I know her?”

I nod.

“Must be someone close to us.”

“Yep.”

“Who is it?”

I once again sigh. “Apink’s maknae.”

His eyes become widen. “Hayoung-i? Are you sure? What’s wrong with her? Did you fight with her? She’s a good gal.”

“Hyeong, you really don’t know what happened.”

“Oh, sorry. What happened?”

“Hayoung and I dated before we even debuted.” I took a deep breath then continue my story, “We were keeping in touch before, but not again now. She doesn’t even like ... answering my phone calls. Replying my messages. I just wonder why.”

Doojoon Hyeong suddenly becomes silent.

“She’s complicated.”

I laugh. “Told you, Hyeong.”

***

Right now, we—BEAST members—are filming for our new music video. I will be the male lead in the music video, together with Doojoon Hyeong. There will be a female lead, but she hasn’t come yet.

I read the script once again. I will be a guy who was dating a girl, but one day the girl asked for a break up with me. The girl then dated Doojoon Hyeong till now. One day, the three of us accidentally met. Doojoon Hyeong introduced the girl to me. He said happily that they will get married soon. With a broken heart, I went outside of the building and leave.

“Good morning, Miss Oh!” greets Kikwang Hyeong happily.

Miss ... Oh?

I raised my head. Oh ... Oh Hayoung is here?!

Hayoung smiles happily when Kikwang hugs her. “Good morning, Kikwang Oppa.”

“So you’re the female lead?” asks Kikwang Hyeong.

Hayoung nods. “Yeah, Oppa. Who are the male leads?”

“Oh. Doojoon Hyeong and the Arabian prince.”

Hayoung startles. “Doojoon Oppa and ... Dongwoon Oppa?”

Kikwang smiles. “Yep.”

I stand up and goes near Hayoung. “Oh Hayoung. Hayoung-yang.”

She once again startles. “O-Oppa ...”

“What were you doing these days? Why didn’t you answer my phone calls or text messages? What’s wrong with you?” I can’t hold these questions anymore.

Hayoung looks down. “Sorry, Oppa.”

I suddenly regret everything I’ve said to her.

“Sorry, Oppa. I’ll tell the truth.” She looks directly into my eyes. “Oppa, I don’t like you. I don’t love you anymore. I’m sorry.” She turns and walks away.

***