하루만 (Just One Day) Chapter 1

하루만 (Just One Day)

Wherever we go, my handbag is your waist
Yo ma honey, whenever I see you

I run out of breath
Like the streets of Myungdong

Our BGM is the sound of breathing
Your voice when you say my name
I wanna be locked in you and swim in you

I want to know you more
An explorer venturing through your deep forest of mystery
I appreciate the masterpiece that is you

Because your existence alone is art
I imagine this all night every day

Because it’s a meaningless dream anyway

Just one day, if I can be with you
Just one day, if I can hold your hands
Just one day, if I can be with you
Just one day (just one day)

If only we can be together
(Do It Do It Do It)
I hope I can be with you for just one day
(Do It Do It Do It)

Having a party party with only you
(Do It Do It Do It)
I hope I can be with you for just one day
(Do It Do It Do It)

 

I feel really sorry for Dongwoon Oppa, because he phoned me often but I didn’t even want to pick it.

It is not because we are forbidden to date. It’s not like that.

I just don’t want to hurt him anymore.

Because I ... don’t like him anymore.

I lost all my feelings to him without me even knowing how.

“Are you okay?” Chorong Eonni asks me anxiously.

I smile. “Not really, Eonni.”

“Tell me then,” she says.

I take a deep breath first, then try to explain, “Dongwoon Oppa.”

“What’s wrong with him? He’s a good guy.”

I sigh. “Yeah. Too good. I feel guilty for him.”

Chorong Eonni raised her eyebrows. “Sorry?”

“I ... I ... we ... we were dating before we debut, Eonni ...” My tears start falling. “I ... I ... we ... we loved each other so much.”

Chorong Eonni hugs me. “Then?”

“He ... he tried to keep in touch with me, Eonni ... he did ... but I ... I ...”

“You what?”

“I lost my feelings to him.”

Chorong Eonni doesn’t answer me.

“Thanks, Eonni. I feel better now ... you know, after telling all of this.” I smile. “I feel very guilty for him. I didn’t answer his phone calls. Now, he messages me everyday. But I never dare to read even one of them. I simply ... delete all of his messages. He’s a good guy. I ... I ...”

“Let the members know too, so maybe they can help you. Sorry, I can’t help you much. But I’m sure the members can help you a little. I can only give you a hug,” Chorong Eonni says softly.

“That’s what I need, Eonni. That’s enough.” I smile.

“Okay. But please tell the other members too so they won’t be suspicious. We know something is wrong with you these days.”

“Okay, Eonni. I understand.” I nod.

***

I was walking with Chorong Eonni to see the other members when I got a message.

“From who?” Chorong Eonni asks.

“Doojoon Oppa, Eonni,” I answer. I open the message and read it, “If I only had one day ... I’d choose to be with you. Even it’s just one day. I miss you so much, Hayoung-yang. I think you always delete my messages so I decided to message you using Doojoon Hyeong’s phone number. Sorry. I love you.” I start leaking again when I read the last sentence, “Yours truly, Son Dongwoon.

Chorong Eonni once again hug me. “He loves you so much. It’s just that he should stop it now.”

I try to smile even though I barely can.

***

“Don’t be sad now, our giant maknae!!!” Eunji Eonni hugs me so tight that I almost lose my breath.

“Eo-eonni!” I scream.

“Sorry.” She releases her hug.

“Human’s love appears and disappears. You can never control that,” says Namjoo Eonni.

“Yeah. I understand it’s a hard situation, but I think we can try to talk to Dongwoon Oppa,” says Naeun Eonni.

“Thank you.” I smile. “Thank you so much.”

“Do not cry anymore, okay?” Bomi Eonni pinches my cheeks so hard.

“Awww! Eonni! That hurts!” I cry.

“Awww, you’re not cute at all.” Bomi Eonni pinches my cheeks harder. “But you’re still the maknae ... ugh. You should be the leader. Or any other positions besides the maknae.”

“Eonni, please stop. I’m not a baby anymore.” I beg her.

“But you’re a baby to us.” Bomi Eonni starts doing her aegyo.

I shut my mouth. That’s the best thing to do in this kind of situation.

***