01: Oh, the Weather Looks Nice

Filling Vacant Souls

Park Chanyeol

It was sunny. . .

But it wasn't that hot, just in minimal temperature.

You ask why I'm telling you this? Because I'm describing to you what I'm currently feeling. Yes, you're right I'm in a mellow mood, lying on the grass and feeling the soft sun rays hitting my face as I try to sleep. It's peaceful, away from my crazy friends and currently bipolar sister.

Yes, it was peaceful. . . until this petite boy decided to throw himself onto my defenseless tired body.

I groaned in pain as my body shivers from the aches.

"What are you doing lying on the grass you big lanky idiot!" the boy exclaimed angrily.

'Seriously, he's the one who jumped into me and he's the one who got to get angry?' I asked to myself.

Being a good citizen I was I ignored him, but unfortunately I immediately recognized him.

Byun Baekhyun, the most attention seeker drama queen at the university. I knew that he will make a big deal out of it and I was not in the mood. So instead of giving him more attention I stood up even though my limbs are still in pain and walked away going back inside the campus, leaving Byun Baekhyun dumbfounded.


Byun Baekhyun

Me angry was an understatement.

It was a normal day, the weather is humid. I walked around the fields of the university when I saw a lying figure on the ground.

I moved over towards the figure, crouched down 2 feet away and took a slight peek to take a good look on his face, he was handsome but unfamiliar. It was an immediate infantuation to the handsome stranger.

'Aish, what are thinking Byun Baekhyun!' I said to myself.

I was about to stand up and leave but I my right foot gone numb and I loose my balance falling to the sleeping handsome boy.

He groaned and rolled away from me. He sat up still clutching his body protectively.

Being me, I've done the most stupidest thing, I exclaimed angrily. "What are you doing lying on the grass you big lanky idiot!" 

'Ahh, pabo! pabo! So much for first impression Baekhyun!' I scolded myself mentally.

The boy ignored him didn't even gave him a glance at first,but then he peeked slightly to me and frowned.

'Why is he frowning? Is he angry? Omo, I'm sorry handsome stranger!' I babbled.

He didn't speak a word, he just stood up and left me on the grass sitting dumbfounded.

Why was I looking dumbfounded, because no one ignores Byun Baekhyun.


Park Chanyeol

I was sitting silently with Sehun and Yixing, or Lay as he preffers to be called now after Yifan, I mean Kris and Joonmyun or Suho was influenced by Chen, at our table in the cafeteria. 

Sehun was busy staring at one table, probably at Luhan, one of Baekhyun's group of friends.

Sehun was originally Jinri's friend, He was a total nerd, with large thick glasses, baggy clothes and all. Apparently, Jinri found out Sehun's secret and forced him to be her friend, Jinri made Sehun a school  ulzzang, she did him a total make over and now Sehun, became so popular among the girls but Jinri claimed that the girls are just wasting their time because Sehun won't even bother glance to their way.

Lay being his usual self, lost with his line of thoughts.

I leaned back to my seat and glanced at Byun Baekhyun's way, I caught him intently staring at me then he immediately averted it when he noticed I caught him.

I silently laughed to myself and thought. 'If, Byun Baekhyun became interested in me I suppose I wouldn't mind as long as he tone down the drama.'

I dropped back my head to table and slept.


Byun Baekhyun

Crap, he caught me staring. I immediately averted my eyes and didn't dared to peek again at him at the moment.

When I walked in the cafeteria with Luhan and Kyungsoo, I immediately scanned the room to hoping I would find that boy and luckily he was there sitting silently with his two friends. His head was looking down so he probably didn't noticed our entrance. I immediately positioned myself onto a seat where I could easily see him. I stared at him until he caught me and me getting embarrassed again.

I sighed loudly, getting Luhan and Kyungsoo's attention.

"What's up?" Luhan asked.

I sighed deeply again. "I hate myself."

"What? What happened?" Kyungsoo asked frantically.

"Umma! What should I do?" I whined burying my face in my hands. "I made fool of myself in front of someone I liked."

"Eh, I'm sure Minseok-hyung wouldn't mind whatever you did." Kyungsoo said.

"Does that mean I'll have Minnie to myself?" Luhan asked the same time.

I glared at him and said. "No, Minnie-hyung is mine you manipulative deer!"

"Manipulative?! I'm not manipulative! I'm not a deer to! You drama queen!" He retorted.

"Umma! Luhan is bullying me!" I said to Kyungsoo.

Kyungsoo ignored me and Luhan laughed, our arguement lasted for a minute until Minseok-hyung, Tao and Tao's friend Jinri came up to our table.

I met Tao when I was in middle school, in the middle of a business party. My parents ordered me to be nice to him, of course to please my parents I followed their will and befriended him even I didn't want to because Tao was intimidating as hell but later on I found out his panda and gucci shopping obsessions and him being a total crybaby that I decided to bring him along everywhere.

Jinri on the otherhand was Tao's friend, who suffers albinism. Normally people who were born ith the condition were bullied and Tao's kind of person who studied wushu, protects jinri from bullies. apparently that wasn't the case. Tao met Jinri in the park when Jinri saved him from the bullies, because he refused to use his wushu skills for violence and Jinri was there to save him which started their weird friendship and later on Tao introduced jinri to us as his classmate and friend.

"You guys at it again?" Minseok asked.

"Minnie!" Luhan greeted and hugged him protectively. "Tell me, what did Baekhyun did to embarrass himself?"

Minseok looked at me with a questioning look. "Huh?"

"It's not Minnie whom I'm talking about earlier!" I protested.

"Eh?" Kyungsoo, Minseok and Luhan curiously asked.

Tao spoke up. "What exactly happened?"

"You see, I told these two." I started pointing at Luhan and Kyungsoo. "That I made a fool out of myself earlier in front of someone I like. And for once I wasn't talking about Minnie but I love Minnie the most."

"Baek-oppa. I get your point." Jinri cut off obviously eager for the gossip.

I glared at her and she just shrugged it off. "Anyway back to the story, this totally handsome guy, he is also tall, was sleeping on the field earlier and then I got curious of course, I took a look on his face. I was mesmerized by his handsome face and aaaahhh! I realize that it was creepy so I stood up from my crouching position but my damned foot decided to go numb I lost my balanced and fell onto the guy!"

"Let me guess, you said something along the lines that it was his fault or/and he's an idiot." Minseok teased.

Bullseye, I thought. I groaned in annoyance.

My so called friends laughed their out at my misery except Jinri who was deep in thought.

"Tall and Handsome huh?" She muttered fixing her white hair. "Baek-oppa, blonde or chestnut colored?"

I looked over to the boy who I was talking about and was staring at earlier who was now listening intently to his newly arrived friends. All of them followed my line of sight.

"Wait, wait." Jinri exclaimed. Tao was the second to react. "Him?!"

The four of us looked towards Jinri and Tao.

"You know the guy?" Luhan asked.

"Of course I know him." Tao was the one who answered.

Kyungsoo looked at Jinri, "Do you know him too?"

"Make a connection, his name is Park Chanyeol." Jinri simply replied.

"Park Chanyeol?" Minseok-hyung muttered. "Ah, Chennie's friend."

"Connection? What do you mean connection? Are you friends or something?" I asked Jinri.

Tao grabbed my hand. "Park Chanyeol is Jinri's older brother Baekhyun-ge."

"Mwoh?" The four of us exclaimed.

"Eh, I'm surprised you didn't know that." Jinri said. "My brother and their group is popular, they're like you guys."

"Well, we didn't really pay attention to others." Luhan admitted.

"Oh, anyway Baek-oppa, want me to set you up with my brother I wouldn't mind." Jinri offered. "How 'bout you Lulu-oppa? Want me to set you up with Hunnie?"

"No way!" Luhan and I exclaimed.

"Why not, it's an oppurtunity for you two." Minseok-hyung questioned.

Luhan looked shocked and I felt scandalized. "Are you tired of us Minnie? It's your fault you Manipulative Deer/ Eyeliner !" We both chorused.

"No, I'm not tired of you, but I set my eyes on someone and I can't confront him with you two hanging around me." Minseok stated nanchalantly.

Tao looked away and muttered under his breath. "Uh-oh, here we go again."

We dramatically cried crocodile tears and babbled somewhere along the lines, betrayal, love and mines.

"What are you doing here, Jinnie?" A deep voice asked.

"Oh, Yifan-oppa." Jinri greeted.

I looked up and saw a tall guy with blonde hair and wearing a face. I noticed Tao, trying to sink in the chair as he can.

"Panda Tao, offered me to seat with them so I'm staying here I'll go over a little later." Jinri continued pointing at Tao, who looked up for a second and dropped his gaze back on the floor.

'Yifan' looked at Tao not changing his expression then back to Jinri. "Well, are you going to introduce me?"

"Yeah, right. Baek-oppa, Lulu-oppa and Minnie-hyung, this is Yifan-oppa or Kris as he is like to be called. Yifan-oppa this is Byun Baekhyun, Kim Minseok and Lu Han, they're Tao's friends and Do Kyungsoo, I'm sure you're aware who he is right?" Jinri introduced.

Kris smirked towards Kyungsoo, who was averting his attetion from everything. "I remember. Anyway,  have you eaten yet?"

"Yup." Jinri answered.

Kris nodded and moved away from us and made his way to his friends. "Well then nice meeting you guys."

When Kris left, Jinri turned to us and said. "Anyway, I'll sit by my brother's table. Baek-oppa if you change your mind, just approach me I'll set you guys up. Bye."

She stood up and followed Kris.

"You should accept her offer Baekkie." Minseok-hyung said.

"I'll think about it." I replied. "Anyway, what's that about Tao?"

"E-eh?" Tao stuttered.

"Oho~ you think you're gonna get away that easily huh?" Luhan grinned.

"I say you just spill it Tao, if you deny it more the more it will backfire to you." Kyungsoo monotonely informed.

Minseok smirked towards Kyungsoo. "You're not gonna get out of it either Kyu~ngie~."

"Crap, I should have just shut my mouth." Kyungsoo muttered.


Park Chanyeol

Awkward, that is the first word that comes to my mind.

Who wouldn't think of that when your friend decided to stare you down for some unknown reason.

I got uncomfortable at my current position so I decided to confront this guy in front of me.

"Why are you staring at me Lay?" I asked getting Sehun's attention.

"I'm curious." Lay answered.

Sehun and I obviously cocked an eyebrow in confusing.

"Curious?" Sehun asked.

Lay nodded.

"Of what?" I inquired.

"I'm curious on why are you smirking?" Lay pointed out.

"I'm not!" I immediately denied.

Lay smirked at me. "Oh really, well... I won't force you."

He stopped asking me and continued spacing off.

'You really can't tell what's going on this guy's brain.' I groaned inwardly.

"What's up?" Kai greeted as he sat beside Sehun.

Jongin is Sehun's childhood friend whom I met when we were having a game night at our house. He was lookng for Sehun, because apparently his current girlfriend at that time broke up with him because of the reason along the lines that he was too y and she couldn't handle it. He cried his eyes out to us, we found out that when it comes to relationships he was a stick to one kind of guy despite his aura of a player. Jinri claimed that he needed a new identity for him to be untouchable until he wanted a real relationship and that's the day he became Kai. A very seductive but untouchable flirt, narrated by Jinri, was born.

He was followed by Suho who sat next to Lay.

"Nothing much, Lay being his observant person he is." I complained. "It totally creeps me out when he does that."

"Well, he wouldn't be Lay if he wasn't like that." Suho wisely defended.

Kai, Sehun and I scoffed. it was natural that Suho will defend anyone even the topic was beyond the point being a naive angel he is.

"Yeolie~ I got him good!" Chen exclaimed as he skipped towards out table.

"Who?" Kai asked.

"Remember, that other diva, besides Byun Baekhyun?" Chen asked.

I thought for a second. "Ah, Kim Kibum?"

"He likes to call himself Key." Sehun interrupted.

"Yeah, whatever maknae. Anyway, he lost his beauty kit and I may or may not have told him that I saw it in the basketball room showers. And we all know how that his 'secret' crush Kim Jonghyun is one of Kris's minions and how he takes the shower room for himself. Well, you know the rest." Chen ended the story.

"What a cliffhanger." Lay muttered.

Kris snorted when he approached the table. "You guys talking about what happened at the shower room? It ended with a certain someone cleaning the floors later, because it was filled with mysterious white substances."

He glared at Chen who sheepishly smiled at him.

"Finally, that got already laid." Jinri popped out behind Kris tall figure. "Now, we only need to fix drama queen Baekkie to stop being... well being a drama queen he is."

"Tell me the plan, Jinnie. I'll certainly help you." Chen winked.

"Oh, you are totally gonna love my plan Chennie." Jinri squealed.

Sehun groaned and muttered. "Red alert. Chen and jinri are planning something and it is not good at all."

"Oh, Sehunnie, want me to set you up on a date with Lulu-oppa?"

"Want me to help you?" Sehun immediately offered.

Jinri grinned because she knew she had won. "I'll tell you the deets later."

"Please make sure that I won't get involve there." Kris said.

Jinri just ignored him and turned to me. "Oh, you wouldn't mind me carpooling with you right?"

"Yeah." I said.

Then I instantly regretted it because I saw the mischievous glint in her eyes.

I just shook my head in disbelief and looked out on the far window and thought. 'Oh, the weather looks nice.'