Prologue: Chanyeol, Baekhyun

Filling Vacant Souls

Park Chanyeol,

Was born from a normal middle class family, two working parents and a younger sister. His parents have laid back personalities, they disappear without a word from time to time.

There is that one incident he thought his parents were dead or kidnapped, being a 4 year old kid he is. At the age of 4, Chanyeol was already aware of his surroundings and too smart at his small age.

It was the start of spring, when Chanyeol entered his second year in kindergarten and his shy sister who just turned 3, will start her first day.

When they arrived at the kindergarten, his mother lifted up Jinri from her seat and started walking inside. He can see how nervous his sister was by her movements, she kept burying her face on to their mother's neck. His mother on the other hand has a worried look etched on her face, he knew why his mother looked like that, he knew that his mother is worried for Jinri because she is different, his sister suffers from albinism.

His father helped him out from the car and lead him to his classroom. His father reminds him that he should protect her sister from mean kids, that if someone hurts his sister he should tell a teacher. He listened intently to his father and head to his class with that his day started.

Lunch time, Chanyeol walked out of his classroom to find his sister. He looked inside each of the classroom to look for Jinri, he even asked Yifan, their rich neighbor who's 2 years older than him but always comes over to their house to play or vice versa, and Joonmyun, his and Yifan's super rich friend .

Yifan was quite as they roam around while him and Joonmyun was having a conversation. After a while Chanyeol found his sister outside who was suprisingly riding on the back of a boy and another boy who carried a unicorn plush in his arm was watching the younger two sleepily. He later found out that the first boy's name was Jongdae and liked to be called Chen, which led him at his current position. Apparently, earlier when Jinri went looking for her brother, she bumped into Chen who got excitingly curious because of Jinri's platinum white hair and strawberry red eyes complimenting it as pretty of course Jinri got embarassed.

Then Jongdae introduced himself to Jinri and forced the younger girl to call him Chen and Jinri refused to follow the older's orders which lead them into meeting Yixing the other older boy who carries a unicorn plushie. Yixing solved their argument by telling the both of them to settle it by rock-paper-scissors and the loser will follow the winners wish and that was the cause why Chen was on the ground playing horse.

Chanyeol, ordered his sister to get off of Chen and apologize of course Jinri followed her brother's order which recieved Jongdae's protests and Yixing's loud yawn. The day in the kindergarten ended when they were picked up by their grandfather who told them that he didn't know where his parents were. He got worried of course, a lot of scenarios passed through his young mind. He didn't get to relax until 2 days later he found out that his parents where in Bali, Indonesia. It took many surprise disappearance before he got used to his parents' bad habit of traveling without telling him. 

When he turned eight, Chanyeol became independent, he took care of his younger sister in their parents absences. He budgets their food money and allowances and he cooks their meals. Seeing that Chanyeol could handle these things, his parents hired a maid that cleans the house, does the laundries and ironing clothes who only comes every weekend. But the maid was also a lost cost when Jinri responsibly handled the laundries and room cleaning with her brother then the hired maid only irons their clothes now.

Chanyeol was 10 years old when his parents unexpectedly died on a plane crash leaving them as orphans. It was summer, Jinri was watching a drama on the T.V. and he was sitting outside entertaining himself with a long poetry book. It was peaceful until he heard Jinri called out from the living room. He got up leaving his book on the chair he was sitting on and re entered the house. He saw Jinri intently staring at the T. V. with a scared and shocked expression. He was confused, until he heard two familiar names called out from the television's speaker, 'Mr. & Mrs. Park.'. His focused turned into the monitor and confirmed what he just heard. On the screen the I. D. pictures of his parents was featured at the screen along with the other passengers who died on the plane crash. 

He was stuned, he was frozen on spot. He slowly turned his head towards to his sister, he saw his sister's white hair falling in her pale face but she wasn't crying then he realized that he too wasn't crying. A flash of thoughts invaded his mind, he felt scared and sad why wasn't he crying? Was he denying the truth that his parents were dead? His train of thoughts was cut off when their doorbell rang continously. He defeatedly opened it and saw Yifan and his parents, he was immediately puled into a hug by Yifan and Yifan's father while Yifan's mother ran into comfort his younger sister.

After 4 hours of comforting, not that they really need it because he knew that both of them were still in the state of denial. They head to the morgue to claim their parents' body.

Mr. Wu patted his head as if trying to comfort him and Yifan was just silently comforting him. Mrs. Wu on the otherhand protectively hugged his sister. But when they, reached the morgue, Chanyeol asked to be left alone together with his parents for a moment so did Jinri. The both of them walked in hand in hand, trying to be strong.

He saw his lifeless parents on the steel bed covered in white sheets but tears still doesn't fall from his eyes. He just stared at their bodies with a straight face.

What will happen to them? He asked himself. The Wu's told me they will take us in but don't want to bother them.

He also didn't want to go to the orphanage, he watched too many dramas to prove his point that orphanages will only seperate him to his sister.

He was so lost to his thoughts he didn't noticed the stranger enter the room.

It was only then when the stranger spoke he realized that it was not ony him and his siter that was looking towards their parents' dead bodies.

"Who are they?" the man asked.

Chanyeol looked at the man and back to his parents' squeezing his sister's hand lightly. "Our parents." he answered.

"Oh, we're on the same page then. My children died on the plane crash too." The old man said. "My name is Song Halji, you can call me grandfather I guess."

Jinri and Chanyeol, both looked towards the old man named Song Halji with curious eyes but didn't speak a word.

"Do have anywhere to go?" Halji asked.

"No." It was Jinri who replied, speaking for the first time.

"Not really." Chanyeol cleared. "Mr. and Mrs. Wu asked us to live with them but I don't want to be a bother."

"We don't want to be a bother." Jinri corrected her brother.

Chanyeol just nodded.

"Oh, would you like to live with me?" The man asked offering his hand to Chanyeol. "You two would not be a bother for me. I'll take you in to replace my dead children."

Chanyeol was doubtful at first but he unconciously took the old man's hand and agreed.

And that was day he knew that it will be okay for now.


Byun Baekhyun,

Lived an easy life, he's family is rich and he can get anything he wants. But his life was not perfect, because he knew that him getting his parents' love and attention is a cold case.

But Baekhyun might not have his parents' love and attention, his friends filled the gap he's missing.

It was his 7th year of winter when Baekhyun forced his butler to takehim in the playground to play with other children in the snow. When he arrived at a small park riding a long black limousuine, he suddenly got the park goers attention and Byun Baekhyun loves attention.

But a few hours later he got tired of the attention he was getting so he ran deeper into the forest and unfortunately he got lost. He was on the verge of tearing up when he heard 2 singing voices. He scrunched up his face when he heard the off notes the two voices let out. He followed it to tell them to shut up if they're going to sing like banshees. When he reached the source the singing stopped which followed a loud applauding and badly attempted wolf whistle because the who attempted to do the whistle probably choked for some reason.

Baekhyun peeked behind the tree to avoid being seen. He saw three boys, standing few feet away from his tree. The two were trying to help one chubby looking boy, patting the latter on the back. Succesfully, the chubby boy survived the choking and the three moved a little far away from Baekhyun's line of sight.

Baekhyun leaned a bit farther to see what was happening when his foot slipped on the slippery covered with snow. He scraped his knee on the bared root of the tree making him whimper and cry. Unknown to Baekhyun's knowledge he was heard by the three boys whom he was spying before he hurt himself and now approaching his position.

Whne the three saw him and his wound they immediately made a big fuss over it, the chubby boy, whom he later found out was Minseok, a boy who is 2 years older than him, immediately distracted him by giving him white buns. Han, a boy everyone refers him as Luhan, who is the same age as Minseok and has doe eyes and pretty face, wiped Baekhyun's tears and tried comforting him. And the one who tended to his wound like a mother hen asking him every two seconds whether the wound hurts was Kyungsoo, a boy younger than him with owl like eyes and heart-shaped lips.

After the fuss and crying, Kyungsoo and Luhan started singing off tone again. Baekhyun was amazed with the two boys' voices but he was disgusted with them singing off the tune. SSo he scolded them and showed them the proper way of singing the song. Baekhyun took voice lessons and piano lessons to please his non-attentive parents but he learned that it somehow useless so he stopped the lessons, he still sings and learn the piano by himself especially if he feels down.

He stopped singing, when he noticed his three new frends was staring at him. He suddenly became anxious, did I sung horribly? He thought. 

Then Minseok immediately grabbed his hands and praised him, he was shocked and pleased because it was the first time he was praised because of his talents not because they were paid to praise him.

He immediately asked Minseok to marry him, which caused Luhan to protest and claimed that Minseok was his. The cause of the commotion, only sat at one side and watched them fight looking amused. It took a long while before Kyungsoo broke up the argument between the two. Then they made truce declaring and promising Kyungsoo that they'll be friends and enemies for Minseok's love. Baekhyun claimed that it was obvious that Minseok was going to choose him and Luhan said the same thing which broke out another argument.

The bickering and whining stopped when Baekhyun's butler found them looking worried muttering something about, thanking god he won't lose his job. 

Baekhyun and his new friends heard what the butler said. Obviously, Baekhyun's mood negatively dropped, notcing this Kyungsoo signaled to Luhan and Minseok. The two took Baekhyun's arm and the four kids huddled in a circle whispering to themselves.

It was time for goodbye, Kyungsoo's parents picked him up and Minseok and Luhan was fetched by Luhan's family driver. The four of them promised that they will meet up here same time tomorrow and Baekhyun cannot wait for tomorrow.

When they arrived home, his parents were home they were starting supper without him. He sat at his usual end of the seat as his butler prepared his food.

He started eating silently on his seat, as he listens to his parents' conversation. Then he remembered something.

"I got lost in the park earlier." He said loud and clear, getting his parents' attention and shocking his butler.

"You what?" His father softly asked.

"There was a lot of people staring at me and the butler was busy with some lady so I wondered off and got lost." He said not looking up faking crocodile tears. "I-i was so s-scared."

His mother stood up immediatey from her seat and hugged Baekhyun. "My poor baby." She cooed.

"Mr. Jung." His father sternly called out his butler. "You have 5 seconds."

"I-i." The butler stuttered.

"Don't let him explain anymore honey, just fire him." His mother spat. "He left our baby alone for some when we're paying him money to tend our Baekkie."

Baekhyun was shocked is an understament he was petrified. He didn't expect his parents to react that way. I should do this more often he said to himself.


Author's Note:

Hi, this is SeNaRee! Yay! *applause, applause*

First thing first I would like to thank my subscribers! Second thing I would like to thank adrenaline_shop for accepting my request on making 'Filling Vacant Souls' 's cover poster. Third thing, I would like to tell my best friend/crush [kekeke] that I'm thankful for his support in my craziness which he passed down on me, love you bestie!!

Anyway this the story's prologue, actually I was going to post the first chapter but I still haven't got an idea how to express my idea so I started first on the prologue which contains the background story on how, their friendship started with the exception of the Tao, Sehun and Kai. It also shows on how Chanyeol and Jinri met their benefactor. It also covered Baekhyun and Luhan's frenemy agreement and how Baekhyun became a drama queen. I was supposed to put on how exactly Baekhyun became obsessed with eyeliners but it will totally contrast on Chanyeol's sad side because it will be total comedy on the side and total drama on the other so I decided against it.

I hope you guys liked it. Please comment bellow ↓ ... and subscribe above ↑.

I'll post the 1st chapter tomorrow, 7:00 p. m. at most, Philippine time zone, (HK time zone and Phil. Time zone are similar.)

Anyway thanks again.

.SeNaRee, ∞♫~