Oppa Over Appa

Dear, Daddy's Daughter!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Hyo-yah, Junhee and Joon-oppa are coming!” Eunji exclaimed after opening their front door for their guests.

“YEAAAAAAAHH!! JUNHEE-YAH! JOON-OPPA!!” Hyosung run from her room happily, welcoming her two friends, leaving her father in bewilder when Sunggyu was trying to tie her hair after bath. Fortunately, he already dressed her nicely or else the little girl would still run even if she was undressed yet.

“Bunny-ah, don’t running away like that!” he warned, worrying if his little baby would be tripped when running. He followed her behind and watched her bumping on two other little kids, and—hugging the bigger boy eagerly. He winced by the sight, trying to hold on his jealousy over a five years old boy who always made his little princess forgetting her own father even without trying.

“Sunggyu-ssi, long time no see,” the oldest man between their guest stretched his hand toward him.

“Glad to see you again, Doctor Lee,” he shook their hand and patting each other arm so friendly.

“Ahaha, I’m not a doctor today, Sunggyu-ssi. Today I’m just a father.”

“Ah, you’re right. Come in, Jaeho-ssi,” he welcomed their guests—a very special family, friend of Kim’s family for years, the family of Doctor Lee Jaeho, the doctor who helped Eunji delivering Hyo and also father of Lee Joonho, the little baby boy Sunggyu first met in the hospital corridor about four years ago. These two families have befriended since then and often visited each other house every weekend. The fathers sometimes didn’t join the gathering because of their business, but the mothers and the kids almost met every day since the kids attended same pre-school.

It felt like yesterday when he saw Joon still waddle-walking like penguin, his Hyo was still a little red new born baby and little Junhee still in her mommy’s tummy.

“Annyeonghaseyo, Hyo appa! Hyo eomma!” Joon greeted Kim couple and bowed politely and he also pushed his little sister’s back slightly to bow the same way as him.

“What a good boy you are, Joon-ah!” Eunji patted his head lovingly. “Come on, Hyo! You have to greet them too. Do it like Joon-oppa just did,” she told her own daughter.

“Ne. Annyeonghaseyoooo…,” she bowed shyly and eventually hid behind her father legs hiding her shyness.

“Aigoo, how cute Hyo is!” Joon’s mother and other adults there smiled widely because of her cuteness, before she teased the little girl, “You must be so happy to meet your Joon-oppa, aren’t you?”

Everyone chuckled, but Sunggyu. He hid his jealousy by coughing somehow and scooped his daughter into his arms. “Come in, come in, please have a sit…,” he brought their guests to their living room while Hyosung was struggling in his arms trying to free herself down.

“Appa, put me down… I want to play with Junhee and Joon-oppa,” she pleaded, but Sunggyu didn’t answer her and just kept her protectively in his arms, joining other adults to sit on the couch.

“Oppa, let the kids just playing by themselves,” Eunji whispered to him.

“But, Ji….”

“Oppa,” she eyed him not to make any ridiculous scene in front of their guests. She knew it very well that Kim Sunggyu was somehow had some grudges over the little Lee Joonho after their daughter bluntly and innocently told them that she liked Joon-oppa. Eunji didn’t think that it was such a big matter since they were only kids, but Sunggyu seemed like taking it too serious and he even couldn’t sleep the night after Hyo’s confession.

He then let his bunny to play with her friends though he still felt sulky, and his eyes cannot leave her all the time. Hyo cantered over the two other kids and talking happily with them, she scooted to her room and then came back with her

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter