A Big Sin

Dear, Daddy's Daughter!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jung Eunji was sulking since this morning, and Sunggyu had no idea of why or how to make her stop sulking. But it was obvious that her sulking object is him since she was ignoring him this entire day. And Sunggyu didn’t remember if he has done something bad or even tried to hurt her. All he did just accompanying her to groceries this morning, carrying Hyo when she was searching for ingredients for their lunch, chitchatting with their neighbor that also shopping in that mart, pushing cart for her and their baby around the mart, and there he started noticing that she was sulking when they was going home.

He didn’t know why, and Eunji didn’t give any clue either. She just gave a vibe that he just did something sinful and caused him to feel guilty somehow.

He tried to help her in kitchen but the feeling was just too awkward thus he strode back to their living room joining to play house with their daughter there. And Hyo of course welcomed her daddy very well as today was weekend, the only time of Kim Sunggyu being home at day time.

“Hyo-yah, do you perhaps know what sin I did to your mother this time?” he mumbled when helping his daughter cutting vegetable toys.

The little girl stared at him in astonishment and tilted her head. “What is ‘sin’, appa?” she asked innocently. And he was taken aback as he noticed that his daughter didn’t understand what he was talking about.

“Sin is… how do I explain it… something bad you did against law or against what eomma or appa told you so,” he explained it simply.

“Did eomma spank you, appa?”

“No, not. But, why did your eomma have to spank me?”

“Eomma said, bad kids have to be punished. So, if appa do something bad… eomma will spank appa?” she asked confusedly.

“No, I didn’t do anything bad to your eomma. Wait—your mother said so, Hyo-yah? Did she ever spank you?”

Sunggyu was relieved when Hyosung shook her head, though he knew Eunji was the type of mother who would discipline their children firmly, he couldn’t imagine of her spanking their beloved daughter. Well, except if their children was too bad as what he did when he was a kid and got spanked by his mother for the first time. It was when he was still in primary school. He and his cousins skipping class to play game console in their friend’s house thus his mother got so mad at him.

“Eomma never spank me, but Junhee eomma did. Yesterday Junhee and her oppa were spanked after having a fight with her oppa. Junhee eomma looked so scary, hiii,” she winced, remembering what she experienced yesterday. Sunggyu smiled listening to her story and sometimes nodded responding her.

“Really? Junhee eomma spanked them?”

Hyo nodded.

“She must be so mad because her children didn’t listen to her, isn’t she?”

She nodded again.

“That’s why Hyo, you have to be a nice girl and listening well to what eomma and appa told you, okay?”

“Ne, appa.”

“Besides, your mother indeed looks so scary when she is mad…,” he mumbled almost inaudible, thank goodness Hyo was still immersed by her toys and didn’t hear what her father mumbling about—or even Eunji who was still busy in kitchen preparing for their lunch.

“Ahem. Lunch is ready.”

Or not?

Sunggyu jolted in his place as he heard her voice right behind him. He was mentally facepalming himself as he noticed that Eunji must be listening to his mumbling about her just before. He was screwed up. And he was just keeping silent as he followed her to their dining room for lunch with Hyo in his arm.

And their lunch time was felt just too awkward. Except for Hyo, who was happily being fed by her daddy. Yet her parents didn’t talk to each other as usual but talk to her only.

“Hyo-yah, chew your meal slowly and don’t munch a big piece in a time, or else you’ll be choked, bunny-ah,” Eunji stretched out her hand to wipe food stain on her daughter’s upper lip but didn’t even look at her husband who was feeding their daughter.

Sunggyu, felt guilty by her indirect scolding, cutting her meal into a more eatable pieces for a three and a half years old baby’s mouth. Though he somehow felt hurt by how she didn’t just talk to him directly and told him to cut Hyo’s meal more.

“Mian, Hyo-yah… if you feel uncomfortable, just tell appa right away, okay?” he obviously did the same way as her by talking to their baby only because those words were actually he directed to Eunji.

“… though eomma noticed it very well by your expression that you look so uncomfortable, Hyo,” Eunji retorted.

“But still you have to tell appa if you have any problem, bunny….”

“Sometimes, there are things cannot be explained by wor—”

“And how could I understand if you didn’t tell me anything?!” Sunggyu yell as he slammed Hyo’s meal bowl on to the table, making both of his wife and his daughter jolted at the sound. And soon the little baby cried for the surprise.

“Oppa, you scared her!” Eunji took Hyo from her husband’s lap and swayed her in her arms, soothing her to stop crying, while Sunggyu was watching them in guilty.

Soon, he strode to their bedroom and sat down on the egde of their bed, regretting for his uninhibited anger he just released in front of his daughter. He didn’t sure who had more wrong between Eunji and her silence or him with his anger. He should not yell like that in front of their children though.

Hyo-yah, appa is sorry….

***

 

There was someone knocking at the door, and he saw the knob twisting open. Then a little figure poked out from the creaked door, smiling at him. He sighed in relief as he saw his little angel was smiling again, though there was a pang on his heart as he noticed her puffy face because of crying—and it was all because of him.

“Appa!” she jumped and hugged her father stomach by her tiny arms. “Is appa still angry at me?” she looked up at her father’s face and asked innocently with a cute pout on her face.

He eventually cupped her tiny face, his thumbs caressed her cheeks, wiping some left tears from the corner of her eyes. He shook his head then hugged the little figure in his arms tightly. “Appa isn’t angry at you, bunny. Appa is sorry….”

He could tell she was nodding in his embrace. “It’s okay appa. Eomma said maybe appa is just tired….”

“Your eomma said so?” he pulled her off and stared blankly at her.

She nodded innocently, and Sunggyu didn’t sure whether he had to be angry or thanking Eunji that moment. He was indeed still upset because of her unreasonable sulking and their unnecessary fight.

“Appa, should we walk to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter