A Snobby Me + Operating Room

Heartless Love

[D.O POV]

I was on a trip to Merygold Residence. My father heard about their helper teaching technique and he wanted to witness the process live. I was forced to come along since I was the only heir to the company. It took us about 2 hours to drive there. Or shall I say, driven by our driver.

"Here we are, sir." The mansion wasn't THAT bad from the outside. "What a splendid view, don't you think so, Kyungsoo?" "Meh, it's good I guess. They can do better."

Yes, I was kind of snobby back then. What else could I do? I mean, I WAS raised in a wealthy family, though I was bullied a lot. We entered the mansion and was greeted by one of the helpers to the master's guest room.

"Sukjae my good man. How are you?" "Great! Please, sit." They talked about something I didn't quite understood for... an hour maybe. And FINALLY, after all those confusing words, the man led us to the right wing of the house. "Now, before we come in, I just want to warn you that some of these scenes may shock you. Don't worry, if you've had enough, we can exit and continue another time."

And with that, he opened the door, which revealed a gray hallway, just like the ones in factories. "Please, follow me," he said guiding us through the hallway.

[Chanmi POV]

I woke up moments later by the sound of a woman shrieking next door. I started to feel scared. It sounded like a scream of terror. 'What exactly IS this place' I thought. A man with a white coat appeared from the door. "You're up next."

Shivering with fear, I followed the man to a room which seemed like an operating room. In the middle of the room, was an operating bed and next to it was a shelf full of various bottles. "Now, go sit down on the bed. I won't take long."

I sat on the bed and asked, "Um.. Sir? Is this going to hurt?" "Not if you obey what I say," said the man who was holding a syringe, "now hold still." I felt a stream of fear rush down my spine. At that time I was completely terrified. As the strange liquid flowed with my blood, I became more and more dizzy. Then I fainted.