Hired!!!

Heartless Love

I arrived at the mansion a few hours later. It was gigantic. It had 3 floors and a huge garden. Some vines were growing on the walls. 'Must be old,' I thought. I approached the front door. Taking a deep breath, I rang the bell. A few seconds later, one of the house helpers opened the door.

Her facial expression showed nothing, it was like a robot's. "May I help you?" she asked. "Uh... yes, I called a few hours ago wanting to apply for the job." "Oh, then please come in," she gestured me to come in.

"Woah," I exclaimed. Chandeliers were hanging from the ceiling. 4 of them at one single hall. On the walls were fancy paintings and family potraits. The floor was covered in a red carpet embroidered with golden swirls.

"This way please." I followed the helper to a room. There was a long sofa and an armchair. "Please sit down, I'll call the master." And with that she walked out of the room. Nervous, I started fiddling my thumbs. My heart felt like it was about to burst. I heard footsteps getting closer and closer. My heart started pounding louder. Then the door opened. A man in a suit and fancy clothing walked in. I immediately stood up and bowed. "Annyeonghaseyo, Park Chanmi imnida," I greeted. He greeted back, "Jung Sukjae. I'm the owner of this place." "Good afternoon, sir." He eyed me from head to toe. He sat down on the armchair and told me to sit as well.

"So? Tell me a little about yourself," he said. "Well, I've been living alone with my neighbor for around 10 years. My parents passed away when I was little and I don't have any siblings. Also I'm 17." "Don't you go to school," he asked. "Well, my neighbour's a teacher so I learned counting, writing, reading, and other simple stuff with her." "Interesting..."

There was a short silence. "Well, I think you're perfect for the job, but..." I panicked a little. 'But?' "But, are you okay if you don't ever leave this place until someone wants you to?" I thought about my promise with Kim ahjumma. "Well?" he said, impatient. "Y-yes, of course." "Good, then you're hired." I almost leapt of joy. "T-thank you, sir. Thank you so much." "Your welcome. So for your first task, please follow Chunghee here."

Another helper came in the room. Just like before, her face was the same as the last one, expressionless. "Please follow me, miss." So I did. She led me into a small room near the back of the house. It wasn't as luxurious as the others. The walls were painted white that my head almost hurt when I stared at it for too long. "Please, go clean yourself and change into uniform." Then she left.

By 'uniform', she meant a red frilly dress and black polished flats. Just like the maid outfits in fancy castles or something. I looked at it in awe. It had been years since I had worn a dress. I usually wore shorts and a t-shirt. My hair was also short so I kind of looked like a boy. I took a shower, brushed my hair and tied it up with a bow. 'Not bad,' I said to myself. I put on the uniform and just when I finished, someone knocked on my door.

"Miss?" I opened the door,it was one of the guards. their eyes were cold and they made me want to curl up in a small ball. "Y-yes?" "We'll you to the waiting room now." 'Waiting room?' I thought. "Please follow me." Since I had no clue whatsoever about what was going on. Not even the slightest bit.

I was just brought into a dimly lit empty room and was told to sit and wait until they called my name. A few minutes passed and yet nothing happened. It was so quiet. After a while I drifted to sleep.