7(Both)

Two Halves Make A Whole

(Xiumin)

      They dunk my head back under the water before I can even take a mouthful of air into my lungs. Water rushes into my lungs and I begin coughing violently and the laughter get's louder and when I'm brought back up there are more amused faces. I'm already crying but you couldn't tell because I'm soaked to the bone and I'm far past sobbing. I don't feel anything anymore. They decide drowning me isn't as fun as they thought and they throw me to the ground below them. Kicking, punching, screaming profanities and calling me names. I don't scream back and I don't fight back because it's all true. I believe them. Everything flickers and soon enough I'm on the school rooftop, hundreds of my fellow students as on lookers. They're all chanting ,"Jump..Jump..Jump.."

I'm ready, I tell myself. I've been waiting for an end for so long and it's here. I can end it right here and make them happy. I can finally be happy.

I peer down and make sure that no bushes or other students will break my fall and possibly hinder my chances. I can feel the impatience seeping through the now louder chants and I stop mulling it over.

Crying, wiping blood from my face, I take the step that makes everything better.

"Minseok!"

The voice rings through my ears as if it's my own but I know it is not.  

"Minseok! Everything will be okay, I'm here.."

It now screams louder than the chanting and I wish I knew where it was coming from, but it doesn't matter anymore.

I'm falling and never has a moment felt more right.

The impact doesn't hurt and in my last moments of consciousness I almost hoped I could redo it so that I could feel the pain.

"Minseok, please."

The voice sounds upset now but I reassure it that I'm in a better place now.

'All's well that ends well.' I tell it. 'And that was my fairy tale ending.'

"Minseok.."

"Wake up."

 

 


       "Minseok, please wake up."

      "Han?"

      I open my eyes slightly and find myself unfamiliar with the room. Oh, right. That's because I'm not home, I'm at Han's house.

      "You're awake, thank god you are awake!." I realize now that I'm engulfed by a crying Han.

      He pulls away from me a bit put his hands on my face, wiping away a massive amount of tears that I didn't know were there until now. He sighs loudly and puts his forehead against mine with a heavy sigh. I move to brush his tears away as well, though I'm not sure why he's crying.

      "Minseok, I swear the next time you tell me it's okay to kill yourself, even if it's part of a dream, I'll kill you before you get the chance."

I had no words. My dream was vividly in my mind and it came to me that Han's voice was the one I heard in my nightmare of that day. I can't help but begin crying more and then so does Han. We stay like that for a bit , crying awkwardly as we leaned into each, both having our hands on the face of the other. 

      "I'm sorry Han. " I spoke quietly. I was still crying but I wasn't sobbing as I had before. I hadn't wished for him to hear any of that and the fact that he was crying for me had my heart in knots. I didn't deserve his kindness and he didn't deserve my baggage.

     "Luhan, I-" I began. I dropped my eyes from his gaze and put my head in my hands. I felt incredibly weak. I had no choice to explain to him but...

What if he couldn't handle it? I don't think I could handle him running away from me. I played all the possible outcomes in my head and I was so afraid because none of them were good.

Just then my hands were removed from my face and Han replaced his on the sides of my face. He looked me straight in the eyes and I searched in his for some kind of acceptance, though I didn't need to. With a small smile and teary eyes, he rubbed away the last of the tears that remained on my face.

      "Minseok, I don't need to know right now." He whispered. " I think I understand some things now though."

   He crawled the rest of the way into my bed and pulled me down along side him under the blankets of which he brought over our heads. Placing his arms around my waist he hugged me close and put his head in my neck. The warmth was something I didn't know I had longed for and I welcomed it by snuggling into him.

"Tomorrow," He spoke into my neck," We'll go get some coffee and sweets and we'll talk. Until then, let's just sleep like this." He strengthened his grip on me. "And if you start having another nightmare, I'll be here."

After what felt like a slight kiss on my neck, I heard his light breathing and used it to lull myself into what would be the best I've ever slept.

 

 


I didn't want to wake up. I could feel Han was still wrapped around me and I didn't want to wake him. Also, I selfishly didn't want him to let me go. I snuggled further into him and smiled to myself.

"Oh, are you awake Minnie?" Damn.

"I'm not."

"Then why are you talking to me?"

"This is all a figment of your imagination, Han. Close your eyes and rest some more."

I was desperate to distract him and he didn't seem to mind because he merely laughed into my hair and tangled our legs together. Our little bubble of happiness was invaded though by a little bundle of crazy hair and half open eyes. Han motioned for me to pretend like I was sleeping and he did the same.

 

 

    After trying to sneak quietly over to our bed, tripping over numerous nothings on the way, the tiny being peeked over the top of us and after finding his way between us under the blanket labyrinth, went back to sleeping. 

I fell into a laughing fit at the cute act and the slightly irritated Han.

 

I now carried a sleepy Sehun on my back and Han lead the way to the kitchen where Boa was preparing breakfast. Last night I hadn't over eaten thankfully and this much I could sustain. I felt so comfortable here that last night as well as this morning, the smell of the food didn't even bother me. Probably because Han's cologne clung to my senses, putting me in a constant state of comfort.

"Goodmorning boys. Coffee?"

Nodding gingerly, I sat down, bringing Sehun into my lap. I couldn't help but smile as the smaller bobbed his head from side to side, trying to rub the sleep from his eyes. We ended up feeding each other as we had last night , but Boa was here this time to witness.

"Do you have a younger sibling Minseok?" She asked as Sehun tore off some bacon and placed it in my mouth. "You are very good with Sehun, and he doesn't warm up to others so easily."

"I don't. I'm an only child actually." I stated. And Sehun finished for me with ,"I'm just that great, Mom."

She didn't pry anymore after that and in all honesty, Sehuns answer was accurate enough.

We cleaned up our breakfast leftovers and Han informed Boa that we would be leaving for a bit.

"Okay, that's fine. Sehun has a play date with the neighbor today anyway so everythings fine here. Have fun." She smiled. "And feel free to stay over again Minseok, you are welcome anytime." I smiled and gave a small 'thank you' and before I knew it we were showered, dressed and headed for the bus.

We didn't talk much at all, but it wasn an awkward quiet. We both were boviously in deep thought about last night. It made me wonder what Luhan was to me.

Last night made me realize that he has been more than just a friend for awhile now. I like that he's protective of me and is always around. When ever he get's clingy and drapes himself over me I get this warm feeling in my heart that makes me try and make it last as long as I can.

I don't feel insecure when he's around and the saddest part of my days now seem to be when we have to part ways.

Han wasn't just a friend anymore. He's been my knight in shining armor since he saved me the first time and he's been saving me ever since. 

The rest of the ride I find myself hoping a little bit of Han feels the same.

 

____________________________________

Thanks for commenting, upvoting, and subscribing! They really keep me going. <3