Sudden Truth

Perfectly Imperfect

 

“Ahhh Kang Jun. It’s nice to meet you too. I am—

 

Then, I felt my hand pulled in by him, straight into his chest—again. “God, what is wrong with you, new stud—

 

“Shhhh someone is taking your photo, I mean our photo” He held me tighter and I felt myself a little uncomfortable. I shifted so I could move out from his hug. What’s wrong with him? It’s not like I’m that popular to have someone took my photo. Seconds after that, it hit me. He is Seo Kang Jun, an actor. A famous one and he’s from Korea, whose artists there couldn’t have any privacy to themselves at all. Their fans are crazy, maniac to be correct. I didn’t know if that’s true or not but it’s what he taught me.

 

“That’s Kang Jun, right?” I heard soft whispers from behind. Must be some Korean drama(s) fanatics. I made a guess. “Wait, who is that girl—OH.MY.GOD. Maybe it’s her girlfriend. I heard that he continue his study cause……”

 

Hmmphh. Another rumour about him might be up on the internet tomorrow and my face’s going to be there. No effing way. I would not allow that. Not for a million trillion years. Yup, never. “Kang Jun, I think it’s better if we run first, you know it’s better than just standing here, covering my face and just standing here, letting us to be captured by those deadly cameras” I heard he heaved a heavy sigh. “What’s wrong? Have I said something wrong? According to my calculation—

 

“So much for a genius like you, EWIC’s pride”

 

Without I finished my thoughts first I felt his jacket covering up my head and his hand, holding my hand dragging me to only-god-knows-what-place-is-it. Then I heard those fangirls shocked slight scream and they chased us behind, desperately wanting to know who I am. Later girls, later! I smirked when I’m running and what I knew next, my leg hit onto something and I closed my eyes, waiting for the pain impact. Am I falling down? Fuhhh…. It’s a luck that Kang Jun guy managed to get a hold of me and I held his hand securely to find some balance.

 

“Thanks”

“No worry. It’s nothing”

 

“Do us fled successfully?” I got out his jacket out of my hand and rubbed my eyes and it’s itchy. Must be from the crying and all. I bet my eyes are damn swollen right now.

 

“EWIC’s pride, you okay? Your eyes seems—

 

“No, it’s nothing. From the dust and running I think” I didn’t want to spill out everything yet. Not yet. And afterall, he is just a nobody, a complete stranger.

 

“Lame excuses, EWIC’s pride. You little genius should know better” I knew he meant it as a joke but I didn’t like the way he talked. It’s just him, the aura that he carried. He’s so just freaking intimidating. He’s the type that observe. He’s an observant, making he saw me like I‘m just a piece of transparent glass. I gritted my teeth and silently drew a star on my pants. It’s a habit of hiding my emotion. A star represents me, a star that once dimmed but is glowing right now.

 

Seeing me in silent, he went to a bench and patted a seat right next to him. I stood still, not wanting to get there. I just wanted some time for myself, alone. I knew whether I wanted it or not, I would have to get to Korea in a matter of time. But it would be me who’ll go there, so I just wanted some time around here, enjoying my last moments. Now, that some actor guy had ruined almost all my precious time. Ugh.

 

“Aish this stubborn girl” He mumbled and pulls my hand and I found myself sitting beside him. Out of the blue, there was a downpour. Da heck?! Everything’s totally messed up today. I sighed. We stayed silent, letting the sound of rain filled up the awful day. I saw my surroundings. Couples under one umbrella, pedestrians filling the nearby shops, people running and I felt myself being stared at. I turned my head to my right just to find that new student looking at me intensely. Realizing he had been caught, he cleared his throat. “What is it?” I asked him, but my eyes still on the rains.

 

“What’s what?” He replied, confused.

 

“What do you think of me?”

 

“You’re beautiful, genius, a bit stubborn but you’re kind, know what you’re doing and wise in making decisions” I didn’t know what’s his expression now. Is it sincere or fake? I couldn’t really tell.

 

“Hey, what’s with the expression, EWIC’s pride?”

 

“What?”

 

“You look lost, your eyes empty. What’s wrong, just tell me. I’m a good listener” He squeezed my hand reassuringly and I didn’t know why, I felt safe and I could trust him. “Actually….” I hesitated. Not sure whether I should tell him or not. He squeezed my hand tighter.

 

“You know… look at the rains. I am like that. I’m collected and I compose myself to be strong, to be tough, and to be perfect in everything just for her — my mom” I took a breath. “And then when I’m good enough, strong enough, something shattered the perfect wall that I’d built for these past years. And it’s broken, everything went to pieces. Just like the rain, when it’s full enough, it transformed to some rain droplets and when it reach earth, it just become more useless droplets. I’m scared to be useless. I—“ I sobbed and later I cried. I can’t just bear with this. It’s just too…..painful.

 

He patted my back. I covered my face and I cried more. What’s wrong with me? Crying helplessly in front of a stranger. That’s so not me…I felt so poor, so pathetic.

 

“Hey Rachel... do you ever wondered why I called you EWIC’s pride? Cause you are actually students and school pride. Rachel, you are perfect enough. Loosen yourself a little, okay?” I still sobbed. Too weak to speak.

 

“But you have to know this, Rachel. Yes, it’s true that rain become more useless droplets when it hit the ground. But, they formed a poodle of water that will be evaporated back and then it falls as rain. Cycles repeat. Life too, Rachel. As amazing as it is, those on the up will never stay there, same goes to those at down, human will face this cause the thing is, life is like that. Ups and downs, isn’t life will be boring if we don’t face some challenges, right?”

I nodded, agreeing with what he talked. He ruffled my hair and I pouted. “By the way, I heard you’re a famous actor?” I raised my right eyebrow, trying to change the topic. He laughed and rubbed his back neck. “Famous? What nonsense did you hear exactly?”

 

“From my peers?”

 

  “Well, I’m not that famous. Proof is, you’ve never heard of me, right?”

 

“And I bet, you’re good”

 

“I am”

 

“Pretty confident, huh?”

 

“Watch me” Then, he stared at me with his alluring eyes making me lost for words. “Kang Jun, hey. What are you looking at?” I looked behind. No one. So why does he glared at me?

 

“You” Next, he neared his head towards mine and lowered his head. I felt his soft lips at mine. It was a gentle kiss and my mind blank completely. What the hell is he doing? Is he crazy or what?! After that, he released that kiss and I couldn’t believe my ears of what he said next.

 

“Rachel, I like you although I know you don’t know who me or even realize me. When I look at you, I feel this rush of adrenaline. You’re beautiful and you’re perfect, you caught me. Here I am, confessing and I will say it again. I like you, Rachel. I really do”

.

.

.

.

.

.

“Will you be mine?”

 

 


Kang Jun's sudden cnfession? Actually, I really really really ove Kang Jun since the cunning single lady drama. He is just so perfect there. and do you guys watch roommate. He is so adorkable.

//Fangirling Mode : On\\\