finding narnia

strawberry and vanilla [a khunyoung one shot collection]

finding narnia.
nichkhun/wooyoung; pg; 1143w;
sometimes nichkhun just wants to run away. 


A/N: this is the fluff I promised, hope it's fluffy enough to make up for the past two angsty pieces. 
 

"I wish Narnia exists" Nichkhun mumbles, amidst the television in the dorm blaring absentmindedly, but Wooyoung hears the distinct and gentle vibration of Nichkhun's voice all the same.

"Nar- what?" Wooyoung asks, gaze still fixated onto the hairline crack on the ceiling.

"Narnia" Nichkhun repeats with a sigh, and at this Wooyoung finally whips his head to Nichkhun's direction and sends him a confused look.

"You know... A land where you can run away and everything is new and exciting, and perfect. It's the perfect world, Wooyoung-ah." Nichkhun sinks further in the sofa they are currently occupying and rests his head on the back of the sofa, closing his eyes

"Does it really exists?" Wooyoung asks skeptically, and at that Nichkhun can only chuckle. Wooyoung, always the skeptic, a frustrated realist that sometimes Nichkhun just wishes would let himself go a little and dream of something so big that it overwhelms him into forgetting how to really realize that dream.

"Yes."

"Then why aren't we there yet?"

"Because it only exists in story books"

"Hyung, is this Paulo Coelho again?" Nichkhun opens his eyes into a pair of Wooyoung's judging eyes and knitted brows. He laughs and reaches to ruffle Wooyoung's hair, pulling him into a tight hug and keeps doing so even after Wooyoung's whining has long replaced with an even breathing and an occasional teeth grating.

We'll get there someday, Wooyoung-ah. Someday.
 
 ♥

Nichkhun is tired of being too perfect, being the real-life embodiment of that Mary Sue character he actually despises, one who goes around with a smile always ready twenty-four seven just because that is the image the company needs him to uphold. Tired of having to fake being in love to someone, just because the public expects him to. Tired of having to suppress his own love to a group member just because people deemed it wasn't right. Nichkhun is finally grown tired of being that flawless smiling sunshine of a Thai prince, and this time he wants to break the rules and know what it feels like, even if its just this once.

They were on the Haneda airport back to Korea when Nichkhun's brain conjures up the craziest idea. He eyes Wooyoung that is sitting beside him, picking at the threads of his shirt out of habit. He nudges the younger boy, his head already plotting for an escape.

"Hey Wooyoung, lets run away and get tickets to whatever flight is next on the schedule" He speaks up, Wooyoung immediately looks around their vicinity, eyes darting from side to side. After assuring that no one seems to hear what Nichkhun said before, he finally turns into Nichkhun with a questioning look.

"Are you crazy? We're going to get into serious trouble." He whispers, disbelief is dripping in his tone of voice, and at this Nichkhun just chuckles. Wooyoung, always the realist, always the anchor that pulls Nichkhun back into reality when his dreams gets too ambitious, and while Nichkhun is usually grateful that there is someone that keeps him on track, this time he is so determined to pull up that anchor and take it away far far from here.

"Hyung, you've really gone crazy" Wooyoung deduces as he leans back away from Nichkhun and sends him a judging look, Nichkhun reaches to rests his hands on Wooyoung's shoulders.

"Come on, you're always so uptight all the time, just loosen yourself up, okay?" He says, pating Wooyoung cheeks lightly.

He sees that Wooyoung already opens his mouth to say something back, so he squeezes Wooyoung's shoulder and tries to convince him again, "Trust me just this once."

Nichkhun looks deep into Wooyoung's eyes and finds that Wooyoung's determination is starting to falter, there is an uncertain haze Nichkhun recognises swimming in the depth of Wooyoung's dark brown orbs and he knows that Wooyoung is almost convinced.

"You do know that this has the potential to screw us over, don't you?" Wooyoung reasons, Nichkhun just nods.

"But as long as you're there, I'll take whatever consequences."

"Ok." Wooyoung hardens his gaze and draws in more breath than necessary.

"Let's do it!" He says and nods, and that's all it takes for Nichkhun to grab Wooyoung's wrist and lead them to run off from their screaming members, from schedules and responsibilities, from public expectations and prying eyes, to find their own perfect world.

As Nichkhun feels Wooyoung's hand slips into his, he thinks that things couldn't be anymore perfect.

I can see Narnia now, Wooyoung-ah.
 

Oh how wrong he was.

They were on the other side of the airport when Jooseob hyung found them, and tells them to stop whatever crazy plan they had. That Jinyoung-hyung knows about this and has booked them for the next flight to Korea and that they are going to be on a dorm lockdown (schedules excepted) for a whole month when they get back.

Nichkhun couldn't say anything and kept his face down all the way until they are in the plane, with a window seat with just the both of them.

"I'm sorry" He mumbles softly, but Wooyoung could always pick out Nichkhun's voice no matter how loud and distracting the air around them is.

"I'm sorry that I dragged you into this, and I'm more sorry that we didn't even get to run away even for a while" He continues, and Wooyoung turns away from the windows and looks to the man beside him.

"Hyung.." Wooyoung tries, but Nichkhun's gaze stays downcast, fixated onto his own fists, balled until his knuckles are slowly turning white.

"Hyung.." He tries again, but Nichkhun is still too ashamed to lift up his face. So Wooyoung reaches and tilts Nichkhun's chin so his eyes looks straight into his.

"Hyung. It's okay, really, because you're Narnia to me" He says, his hand falls to give Nichkhun's balled fists a gentle squeeze, and with that Nichkhun finally looks up at Wooyoung, finding the other boy smiling.

"My world was, is and will be always perfect as long as you're in it, so let's just stop searching for whatever perfect world you've got in mind, and lets just live ours, okay?"

A smile slowly creeps into Nichkhun's lips, he reaches to pull Wooyoung's head to rest on the crook of his shoulder, and keeps his hand on the side of Wooyoung's head even when Wooyoung keeps whining for Nichkhun to let go.

"Hyung, we're in a public place." Wooyoung struggles to pull himself away but Nichkhun holds his head firmly. Only when Nichkhun is sure Wooyoung will not struggle anymore that he loosens his grip and tangles his finger into Wooyoung's soft hair, his eyes slowly closing in bliss.

"Hyung, Jooseob-hyung is looking.."

"Shhhh, We're in Narnia now" and with that, the both of them drifts off into a comfortable silence, as the plane soars into Japan's night sky.

Is this Narnia, Wooyoung-ah? It must be, nothing else can be more perfect than this.

 
 

PS. I know that Wooyoung probably know what Narnia is, but for story sake lets just assume he doesn't. ;P


A/N: haha hope you enjoyed reading that one, thanks for reading ♥