all night long, back to you, gimme the light

strawberry and vanilla [a khunyoung one shot collection]

all night long, back to you, gimme the light
nichkhun/wooyoung, chansung/wooyoung; pg; 
where the lines between three of them is a circle of unrequited feelings.

A/N: part of an old series of drabbles based on 2pm songs, these gets grouped together because they links to each other


--

all night long.
nichkhun-centric, nichkhun/wooyoung; 542w


Harsh white light bathing through his every senses, driving them more alert than usual. Every noise, every movement, every beat of his heart, every single sound seems to be amplified a hundred fold, busying his every senses.

The night stretches ahead of him, he find himself constantly staring at the flickering signage above the white door, waiting for the dimmed red light to stop flickering altogether. A part of him doesn't want it the light to stop flickering, because maybe then he will lose him. Because as long as the light is still on, there is always a chance that he could get him back. 

The light is still flickering, Red. Red, the colour of the blood that covered his hands just a few hours ago. Even though it washed off easily with water, he would never forget the image. In his arms that frail body, drenched with blood, eyes empty, and hands reaching up to touch his face. 

He pinched the bridge of his nose and closed his eyes, muttering prayers to any higher beings that might hear him when a blow came upon his jaw. The next thing he knew, he is sprawled on the floor, with a familiar face hovering over him, hands on the collar of his bloodied shirt.

"You! You selfish bastard! You!" 

"Chansung-ah, calm down."

"I told you to let him go if all you are going to do is hurt him! Are you satisfied now? That's he's lying in there all bloodied up because of you?"

The hands that has been gripping his collar is yanked away from him, thanks to Taecyeon and Junho.

"You killed him!" Chansung still screamed, while trashing to let go of the vice grip Taecyeon has around him.

"CHANSUNG!" Junsu's voice boomed through. "Nothing that you're going to say is going to change everything, please keep it down, this is a hospital for goodness sake!" 

At the realization of the truth in the eldest's words, Chansung quietens down and slumped down to the floor, his eyes empty, staring ahead to nothing in particular. Junsu then proceed to help Nichkhun up and onto the waiting chair he was on a few minutes ago.

"It wasn't meant to end like this, damn it!" 

"I'm not going to forgive you if something happened to him." Chansung said through gritted teeth, eyes boring through Nichkhun's with so much hatred Nichkhun never knew the maknae could possess.

"I wouldn't be able to either." The blonde guy muttered, eyes dropped down to his hands again, clutched together so tightly that veins are starting to show on his porcelain white skin.

"But he will be fine..." Nichkhun uttered in such a shaky whisper that it was meant to be to convince himself more than anyone.

Because all night long he will spend regretting what he did and what he failed to do. It wasn't going to be just all night long, Nichkhun knew that he would spend all his lifetime long trying to correct his wrongdoings and beg for forgiveness. But at this rate, he doesn't even know if God will give him any chance for that redemption. 

Again, Nichkhun glanced over to the flickering red light above the doors of the emergency room. Still flickering. Red. 
 


 
 
back to you.
chansung-centric, chansung/wooyoung, nichkhun/wooyoung; 311w
 
You smiled, smiled so wide it hurts to see. 
You laughed, laughed so loud that when it finishes, it all evaporates into nothing but silence, laced with empty promises of feigned happiness.
You jumped, you sang, you did things you don't usually do, busying yourself with all sorts of activity, and I know, more than anyone that it was just a cover. For yourself, for everyone, but especially for a certain Thai prince that sometimes doesn't even blink twice of your existence.
You smiled, smiled and smiled. Even though it hurts, even though he doesn't notice it, even though its ten shades of fake, Jang Wooyoung smiled, and would keep smiling, but not for one Hwang Chansung, and never would be.

We are all stupid, for pinning our hopes to something that could never be. We are all ignorant, for only wanting to believe something we want to believe. We are all flawed, for blocking the people that cares for someone that doesn't even blink twice for us. We are hopeless, for always trying to be a ing saint for those we care about. Ironically, it comforts me to know that we are alike, that we are doing such things for love, for acceptance, for that one person we care for the most. 

and I am stupid, for knowing that I'm fighting a lost cause and still does it so willingly. 
I am stupid, guilty of repeating the same mistake you did. 
I am stupid, for telling you to let him go, yet I couldn't do the same to you. 

I told myself to stop pinning hopes to you, but that one soulful sentence of "Chansung-ah, thank you" is all it takes to bring my heart back to you.

and this cycle wont stop, for your heart kept coming back to his and mine... will keep coming back to yours.
 

 
gimme the light.
wooyoung-centric, nichkhun/wooyoung; 374w 

 

Light is warming, light means happiness, light is the absence of darkness.

Your presence is like a light that illuminates my world in colours, giving everything a glimmer that made everything look exceptionally bright and exciting again, it took me from my dull life and gave me a reason to live.

Light is harsh, light is blinding, light overwhelms you in a way that makes it almost impossible to see anything else.

But one day you drifted away from me, and I was so blinded by you that I was unable to see anything else, but to wallow in the darkness of my own misery. Your very light was the one that ended up killing me, you glowed too bright, as bright as the sun. I tried to reach for you, to step closer and approach you, and before I knew it, your light has burnt me into ashes. But I keep walking, with a hope that someday I would be able to let the colours fill my life again.

and this time, the lights turns to a kaleidoscope of colours before blinding me, blurring together into a mass of colours, and I thought I could see you and our every memories, blended in that millions of colours adorning my sight. But before I know it, another person starts to appear beside you, and your eyes twinkled like stars as you look at her, it twinkled so brightly I never thought it would be possible.

Noises starts to spin around me, loud screams and muted whispers blends together into one inaudible blur, too much and too little.. and everything blurs into nothing but the sound of your voice.

"Wooyoung-ah..." you called and called... How long has it been since I last hear you call my name?

Lights are blinding me, yet theres that one light that shine the brightest of them all, maybe it's time that I should surrender to the light.

I reached out, red stained hands straining to reach towards the glimmering light, all the while watching my world crumble down into darkness. If darkness is what I will have to spend the rest of my days in, please just let me hold that light and feel its warmth, even if it is only for now.

A/N: hope that isn't too heartbreaking for you, next would be a fluffy one, I promise!