Chapter 5

Not again, Never.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Hey guys sorry for the late update I've been ubber busy with school but to make it up to you i have not one but 2 chapters for you guys (and possibly a small sneak peak to what's to come if you guys want - let me know in the comments! ^^) Anyways here you go and hope you enjoy! :D like usually i love your feedback on the story so keep commenting and subscribing and upvoting it means sooooooo much to me truly!!!

-Author-nim :D

It’s around 5:30 pm right now, and I’m at my showcase practice. Shindong and I have to put together a full show by the end of the semester. Since He majors in music production and entertainment and mine is dace, we decided to blend them both together and create a ‘fake’ girl and boy group. Shindong with some help from his friends in the music department has to come up with 3 songs for each of the groups to sing, while I, on the other hand, am in charge the dance routine they perform with the added big finally number too. So far my partner has 4 songs that are almost ready out of six and I’m working on the dances.

          For the groups, we simply enlisted the help of some of our friends. In the girl group, we have Hyoyeon, Minzy, Min, Hyolyn, and lastly CL. As for our guy group, there’s Yunho my brother, Jongin, Lay, Taemin and Minho, my juniors, and of course yours truly, me. Obviously my role consists only of dancing and rapping, because singing definitely is not my area of expertise.

          So far things are slowly but steadily getting there and we’re making progress with everything. Although, I can’t seem to get rid the thought that there’s something missing in all of this. I just can’t put my finger on yet.

          And so we’re in the middle of rehearsals when I notice Donghae come through the auditorium door. We make eye contact instantly and he waves at me with the cute smile of his. Man, he can be the most intriguing thing something sometimes without even realizing it. I jump off the stage and walk up the aisle towards him.

          “Hey.” I say and the brunette repeats the same thing. “Sorry, but we’re not done yet. Do you mind waiting a few minutes, and then we can go practice?” I say, feeling guilty for making him wait for some reason.

          “Sure I don’t mind Hyuk. I’ll just watch from here.”

          “Thanks I appreciate it.” I retort before heading back to the stage. I glance back at Donghae and he’s watching me. I don’t know why, but I get this weird nervous feeling when he does. Why is that?

          “Alright guys, let’s try this again.” I signal Shindong to cue the music. Normally, I would join them, but I’m staying out to see if they have to new moves down pat. When it starts, both groups immediately begin dancing. Things are going great until Minho accidently steps on Min’s foot.

          She suddenly grabs her foot and says “Ouch!” She looks over at the culprit of her bruised foot. “You’re supposed to move on the left not right, Babo!” She exclaims.

“Mianhe Min-sunbaenim.” He says, trying to contain his amusement at her reaction.

          “Be careful next time brat.” She says jokingly, noticing that Minho’s apology wasn’t that sincere.      

           I get a little annoyed that time is being wasted over something so trivial. “Guys come on! I need you all to focus and get this right I have other plans to attend to.”

          Shindong cracks out a laugh and winks at me after looking at Donghae. “I bet.” Everyone else joins in when they realize what he means. ‘Not this again, argh.’ The brunette across the room, on the other hand, has a confused look plastered on his face. I take it that he has heard the rumors yet.

          When things die down I finally get everyone’s attention back and they start dancing again. I decide it would be better for me to join in to help them work on formation. I subconsciously turn to my guest and ask him to point out the flaws. He agrees happily and joins us on the stage. 

We start dancing again and I can tell something feels different. I get the feeling that someone’s watching me. I look up and, of course, Donghae has eyes lock on me. When our eyes meet, I assumed he’d look away, blushing or something, but no. That’s not what happened. The latter just focused in on me. I couldn’t read the expression on his face; it’s as if he was trying to tell me something with those chocolate colored orbs of his. I don’t know why, but I felt like I needed to found out what that look meant, and trust me, I would.

After a while, it’s time to wrap things up. The other dancers start packing up. I go over to Shindong tell him that I can’t stay to work on lighting and sound with him and the tech guys.

          “Sure buddy. Don’t worry, I got this covered.” He says, patting my shoulder. “Go enjoy yourself with that boy toy of yours.” He finishes with a sly grin.

          I laugh at what he’s implying. “Ani, it’s not like that dude.” I pick up my duffle bag. “We’re just going to work on a few moves.”

          “Oh, is that what the kids are calling it these days?” He retorts with a chuckle.

          “Ha-ha, whatever dude.” I say walking away.

          “You owe me!”

          “Yeah, yeah.” Is the last thing I say to him.

          I leave the auditorium and get into hallway where Donghae is waiting for me. I notice him far away and I see that he has his back to me. Thinking it’s a good idea, I decided to surprise him and head over to him quietly.

When I near him, I can hear his voice. I look closer and see that he’s on the phone with someone. I keep getting closer, but something he says stops me in tracks.

“Did he give you the money?” he says in a low voice, but I can still hear it. “Don’t worry, I’ll figure something out.” Donghae sighs, but then he’s whole attitude changes. “Hey, don’t cry. I said I’ll take care of it right. Just trust me. We’ll get through this together, I promise bunny.”

At that moment, I wish I could hear what the other person was saying so I could understand what he was talking about. Right now I’m more confused than anything. ‘Who was that on the other end?’ ‘Bunny..? Who is that?’ ‘What were they talking about? Money..?’

I quickly snap out of my thoughts and realize that the younger brunette is trying to pull him together. I don’t want him to think I

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter