Chapter 6

Not again, Never.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Three days later.

          I’m being awoken by the incisive ringing of my alarm clock. I hit snooze button and get myself out of bed. I head to my kitchen and make myself so coffee because I desperately need it. In my room, I can hear my cellphone ringing. I decide to call the person back later because right now I don’t even have the energy get up and get it. I lean back onto my counter and start sipping on my cup of Joe. Just when I thought I was done with all the early morning rings, my phone is at it. Obviously the person is really trying to get a hold of me. I head back into my room and answer my phone without looking at the caller ID.

          “Yoboseyo?” I say, still a little groggy.

          “Hyung..? Where are you?” It’s Kyu.

          “At home, dummy. Why?”

          “Um, Hyung do you know what time it is?” He says, with a small chuckle.

          “Of course I do. I should be asking you that. Who calls someone so early in the morning?”

          “Actually Hyung, it’s noon so technically it is not morning anymore.”

          I make a face. ‘What is this boy talking about?’

          “Kyu, what the heck are saying? It’s not-” that’s when I look at my clock for the first time and realize that Kyu is right. It is noon. “Damn, I’m really late. Why didn’t you call earlier moron?!”

          “Ya, don’t take it out on me. I’m not the one who overslept.” He says.

          I tell him that I’ll see him in a few and we hang up. I race to put some fresh clothes on and race to get out the door. I already missed my two first classes, one of them being Joon’s. He’s going to have my head. I finally get to my destination and park. I get out of my car and head to the school lounge where Kyu told me he was. While I’m walking I check my phone for message and I see two from Joon. I think I’ll look at those later. I notice that Donghae hasn’t texted me. We haven’t seen each other since I drove him home on Tuesday. For some reason, I feel a little disappointed. I brush it off.

          When I reach the lounge, I spot Kyu right away. I walk over to him and I see that he’s with someone. I get closer and realize that it’s Daehyun. Kyuhyun sees me and starts laughing.

          “Hyuk-Hyung you look terrible.”

          “Thanks.” I say sarcastically.

          “You’re welcome.” He says still laughing.

          I exchange greetings with Hae’s brother. I saw him a few nights ago when I dropped off Donghae. We all start chatting. About ten minutes in, the youngest tells me that Donghae is going to join.

          “So Hyuk-Hyung what are you going to do with Joon-Hyung?” Kyu asks me.

          “I guess I’ll avoid him till Monday.” I say laughing.

          “Of course that’s your plan Hyung.” He says, not the slightest bit fazed by my answer.

          “So how come you drove my Hyung the other day?” Daehyun shots at me. Before I have a chance to tell him why, I’m interrupted by the vibration coming from his phone. He checks it and all of a sudden, something he sees on the screen, shocks the young boy. His face turns pale and he quickly starts packing his stuff to leave.

          Kyuhyun and I exchange looks. “What’s wrong?” the dark haired boy asks Daehyun.

          “Uh…I forgot that I had to meet up with someone.” He says not really paying attention to us, and just picks up his backpack and starts walking away. But, then he stops and turns around at us. “Tell my brother that I have plans tonight and not to wait up for me. Thanks. Bye.” He says then continues to leave.

          “That was weird.” I state.

          “Yeah…must’ve been a very important meeting.”

          “I guess so. He sure left in a hurry after that text.” I say.

          “Definitely.”

          Soon Kyu and I start chatting about everything and anything. At some point I bring up ‘May Madness’ and I ask him who he’s planning on taking.

“I don’t know.” He says, shrugging.

“How about Sungmin?” I suggest, out of nowhere. I’m not sure why I did, but right after, I become really glad I did. Kyu freezes and don’t say anything at first. Then reality sits in and he pretends to cough.

“Um…uh…I don’t…know. He might be super busy or something.” He says avoiding eye contact.

I raise my eyebrow at him. “It’s a long time from now so ask him ahead of time so he can work it out with his schedule.” I retort.

“I guess…I don’t know…maybe…” he started blushing for some reason. I always thought my younger friend had a crush on Sungmin. And when he acts like that, it only proves my theory.

“What about you? Are you just going to pick someone from your list or go alone so you can hit on anything with a skirt?” He tries changing the subject.

“Actually I’m working on adding a new prospect to the list.” I say.

“Oh? Who is the lucky lady?” he says, in a bit of a sarcastic manner. I know Kyuhyun doesn’t really like my way of dealing with relationships or the fact that I use girls like that, but he just lets me be since he knows that what happened with Krystal didn’t go well and I took it pretty hard.

“Well…actually it’s n

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter