Dumbfounded

Angel
Please log in to read the full chapter

ANGEL // CHAPTER 2

"The breeze is nice here, do you agree?" Sehun said, his voice quiet yet sweet. It was the first time Eunjung had heard him speaking in this tone, and she was rather surprised. Still, she looked at his standing figure beside her. They were both enjoying the wind blowing against their direction, without a word being said. It was as though they could read each other's mind, as they did not want any noise disturbing their peaceful moment. It was such an intoxicationg sight to watch. 

Eunjung nodded her head, before turning to look at Sehun's side view. She felt her chest twisting with a swarm of pleasant colours when she found herself staring at Sehun's cheeks, which made her wonder what was that feeling. "You're the first girl I've seen coming to the rooftop during lunch time," Sehun said, turning his head to look at Eunjung into her brown orbs, making her shy immediately with the rising colour on her cheeks. "And the girl's the same one watching me every Saturday morning." 

Eunjung's eyes widen from his words, not expecting it at all. She did not realise that she was being so obvious watching him, and she did not realise that he had seen it all. She felt embarrassed, and her cheeks were turning into shades of red. Trying to pry off the topic, Eunjung parted her pink lips to speak. "Worries, problems. Do you perhaps come to the rooftop to lessen the burden on your shoulders?" She spoke softly, adverting her attention back to the tall trees and grasses, decorated with beautiful flowers. She didn't know exactly why she asked that question, considering that it was quite personal. However, she felt like he had the same problems as her, hence visiting the rooftop to clear his mind. She wanted to know more about him, but she held back from being creepy for asking all sorts of questions. She definitely didn't want a negative view of her to Sehun. 

"I will never be alone in an empty heart anymore," Sehun spoke, after a minute of awkward silence. Eunjung tilted her head, not fully understanding his words. She tried inferencing with what she had felt, but the only conclusion she could get was that he was once lonely, but after some day, he wouldn't be. Still, she couldn't get his message. Was he hinting anything to her, or was he just finding a sentence to fill her curosity of him up? It had only made her want for more, demanding for more of an explanation.

"What do you mean?" Eunjung pursued, biting her bottom lip. She hoped that she wasn't being too persistent and annoying to him, but she honestly wanted to know more. She wanted to know more about Sehun's life, she wanted to know more about him. Unknowingly, the attraction that she has for him grew, and she herself did not even know what she had gotten herself into. It was a slow gradual built of feelings, a pleasant and wonderful delight. 

Sehun sighed subtly, and Eunjung could see the flicker of sadness yet hope in his eyes from the side. It was such a weird sight of seeing that attractive boy suffering from unhappiness, especially when he was always so quiet. She should probably not judge people too quickly, next time. "I can't run away anymore, being alone." Sehun breathed, sighing in defeat. "I am going to be taken care of, having a new whole person in my life." 

Eunjung felt relatable from his words, and it somehow pasted into her life. It was as though she could fully understand him. Still, she was still recovering from the surprisement of what Sehun had said. He had told her his life, which was what she wanted and wished for. However, Eunjung had hoped that she did not know anything about him at all. After knowing his unhappiness, she felt burdened. Was she supposed to console him, or keep quiet and not care about it? She had no idea. She wasn't the best person to confide in, neither can she consol anyone. She was just a normal being, who can only study.

"S-Sorry for asking then," Eunjung choked the words out, pressing her lips into a firm straight line. Sehun had only shook his head, telling her that it was alright.

 

▲▼▲▼▲

 

Opposite of how Eunjung would be in other lessons, this time, it was different. A complete difference that made one wonder about her. Her eyes were no longer a bored and dreamy ones, but alert. The attractive and charming teacher was speaking with an accent in his language, teaching the class about the various shades of a colour and how beautiful they could be, blent together. It was something that Eunjung was interested in, and it was her hobby. Art, visual art.

"Shall we get Eunjung to demonstrate for us, on how to blend the water colours?" Mr. Lu asked with his gentle voice that could swoom the whole bunch of girls, smiling at Eunjung who was dumbfounded. It wasn't surprising how Mr. Lu would call Eunjung out every single time he teaches a new topic to demonstrate, as she was the top student. Mr. Lu favours Eunjung more than anyone else, plainly because he likes her, as a student. She was not like any other girl, who would give themselves to him. Eunjung was conservative, and quiet with confidence. She had attracted Mr. Lu, with her amazing ability of being able to handle pencils, brushes so well. However, it was something that the girls in the class dislike a lot. They hated her to the core, plainly because she was able to have Mr. Lu's attention more than them. They were jealous, and they were the ones who were spreading rumours about how Eunjung would be flirting with Mr. Lu outside class to get his attention. They were like the female versions of Baekhyun, just prettier.

Eunjung stood up on her toes, making everyone's attention divert to her. Some of them who were deeply in love with Mr. Lu would be glaring at her, and those who were genuine in learning art would be looking up at her and admiring her skilled hands. As Eunjung walked towards to the front desk of Mr. Lu's, she could hear murmurs of dislike from the girls and especially, a loud 'tsk' from Baekhyun. Mr. Lu smiled affectionally at Eunjung, whispering to her. "Don't mind them, you're too amazing to be affected by their opinions." Mr. Lu was worried about Eunjung as well, for being bullied and disliked by the class. However, he couldn't control himself. Everytime he wanted to call a person out, in his mind it would be Eunjung, nobody else. He didn't really remember a lot of the names, only those that were more popular and notorious ones. 

"I will not, Seongsaenim." Eunjung replied with respect, before taking the paint brush in her hand

Please log in to read the full chapter