Dreamt

Angel
Please log in to read the full chapter

ANGEL // CHAPTER 1

She was lost, deep in the darkness and it was making her shiver from the coldness. The emptiness in her heart was unexplainable, as though she does not have any true feelings. A faint picture of her parents' hands interlocking with each other flashed through the darkness, making her spin around from the dizziness that she was feeling. Her tears start to flow down her cheeks unknowingly, when the next picture was flashed in front, back and on the sides. It was a picture of her parents' smile, in a car. This time, it was a clear and opaque picture. A moving picture, that was clearly showing the white pearls of her parents being blissful. She was lost. Her hands found their way to her hair, grabbing a bunch of it and tugging on it, shaking her head vigorously that she couldn't take the sudden ache in her heart. 

All of a sudden, the pictures shattered into pieces. "No!" The latter shouted, her chest heaving up and down. She was dumbfounded, as the return of mixed feelings was back into her heart. She couldn't see any images then, but she could hear a voice. A familiar and soothing deep voice, that was telling her that it was okay. She couldn't help but to feel the love back to her heart, and she could feel the hug from the person. On the contrary of what she would normally do, she buried her head into the direction of the person's chest, gaining the warmth from him. She was speechless, and souless. She can't think straight, after being traumatized.

She thought it was over, but no it wasn't. A video was played on the black empty space, where Eunjung was getting praised by her parents after drawing a potrait of them. It was such a blissful sight, but it had only brought terror to her. She screamed in a high pitch voice, her lips were dry and crackly. She was having harsh breathing, and her hands were tightening onto the person's clothes. She couldn't take the things that was happening in front of her, and without knowing, she bit harshly onto the person's arm.

"Ouch!" Chanyeol yelped when the sleeping girl was biting onto his arm. He slightly smiled when Eunjung opened her eyes from her sleep, or rather, her terrible nightmare. Her features soften at the sight of Chanyeol, and her tongue was wetting her dry lips moist. There was still visible beads of cold sweat forming on her forehead, and the heavy breathing of her could be heard. 

Eunjung wiped the sweat off her forehead with the back of her hand, sitting on the soft mattress cross legged. She smiled apologetically, "Sorry," Eunjung said, "Again." She closed her eyes for a second, trying to compose her mind after the nightmare which she basically experienced everyday.

Chanyeol chuckled, rubbing on the bitten area to soothen it. He placed his palm on his sister's head, patting a little. "The same dream again?" Chanyeol asked, softly. He wasn't exactly surprised when Eunjung nodded her head, because almost everyday she would have the same nightmare and he would know that he should consol her after every nightmare. It was a terrible incident for her, and Chanyeol should be taking care of her.

Chanyeol wasn't her biological brother. In fact, he was her guardian. Eunjung was only sixteen years old, and she wasn't old enough to support herself under the law. Hence, she had to have a guardian and that was what Chanyeol was here for. They had been living together since two months ago, and Eunjung was opening herself up to him. She was glad to have Chanyeol as a companion to talk to everyday, and she was glad that she had chosen Chanyeol as her guardian. As much as how annoying sometimes he was, she couldn't ask for more. He was her daily dosage of laughter and happiness.

Chanyeol had chosen to be her guardian after knowing about the new girl that was about to be sent to the opharnage. His parents were away, out of the country, working. They were rich, hell rich. And they did not bother about what Chanyeol does, hence being Eunjung's guardian. Chanyeon had a condominium which they were living in, and it was slightly bigger than a regular condominium. It was at the highest level, which was what Eunjung loves. 

"I am trying to get used to the nightmares already," Eunjung said, pressing her lips together into a straight line. She looked at Chanyeol, who was facing her with worry lines on his face that shows the opposite of what he said.

"Well it seems," He said, "But I really hope that you can tell me what you're dreaming about next time." Right, she had not told him about it. Something about her dream was so magical and mysterious, but haunting and scary at the same time. She can't find the right word to explain to him, hence she didn't bother to. It was tiring to even think about it, let alone explaining. She would often feel the swarm of uncomfortable feelings when she thought about the weird and terrifying nightmare, but she couldn't control it. 

The corners of Eunjung's lips twitched up to form a slight smile, assuring Chanyeol. "I am really alright. And as for the dream... I will tell you when the time is right, probably." 

Chanyeol gave her a heartwarming smile, hugging her before saying, "I got to go to university already. I am going to be late, because of you." He tapped on Eunjung's nose, checking the time on his watch. "Take care of yourself, alright? Don't bother cooking dinner for me, I won't be back soon." 

Eunjung nodded her head obediently, watching the dressed figure walk out of her room. Right, she was stupid enough to not realise and notice that Chanyeol was already in his uniform. "Time to get up," She mumbled to herself, stretching with her hands above her head. She walked towards to her bathroom and get herself ready. After all the hastle, she wore a plain grey sweater and a pair of blue shorts. It was comfortable for her, and she wasn't into fancy clothes like dresses and floral things like girls from her school would wear.

Walking towards the side of her nightstand, she undrew the beige curtains. It revealed a glass window pane, and it had became a daily routine for her. Her eyes searched for a familiar figure, which she would see him practicing in the dance studio in the school every Saturday morning. He was hardworking, that's one thing for sure. He was the only one that would be willing to sacrifice his own precious Saturday morning in the school when he can sleep for a longer period of time. There was no classes on that day afterall.

Oh Sehun. She knew him, of course. Who wouldn't? He was the popular latter that all the girls would fall head on heels for, and it wasn't a surprising thing. He had perfect sculpted face and jaw, the sharp eyes that looked so darn attractive and plump pink lips that girls would die for. Then again, Eunjung shook her head. She wanted to concentrate on her studies, and thinking about any other guy wasn't suppose to happen. She couldn't afford to let Chanyeol down, especially when he had been taking care of her for two months or so.

Instinctively, she pulled her arm

Please log in to read the full chapter