Late

Angel
Please log in to read the full chapter

ANGEL // CHAPTER 3

"Oh Sehun." 

The words that came out from Chanyeol's lips were soft, yet somewhat timid. The oh-so familiar name rang through Eunjung's mind, as she processed the two words over and over again. She felt as if her mind was functioning low - for the first time - and she couldn't recall who the person was, despite how awfully familiar that name sounds. The name that had made her heart flutter, the name that had changed her range of feelings. 

"Eunjung?" Her thoughts were stopped and returned to reality when Chanyeol was calling her name, waving his palm in front of her face which made her jerk slightly. Eunjung's eyes returned back to his face, looking at him pokerfaced. "I was saying, Oh Sehun is my new ward." Chanyeol repeated. 

It hit Eunjung like lightning. "Sehun-sshi?" Eunjung blurted out, a mixture of thoughts whirling inside her and she couldn't think straight. What was she to feel a tad bit of excited when she was worrying about things before? She was glad that from then, she could probably learn more about Sehun and get closer to him. However, Sehun would be able to also do the same to her, and the school might get rumours from the other side of Eunjung. Eunjung bit her bottom lip, as much as she was excited, she was also nervous and full of worry. 

Chanyeol looked at her with a frown on his face. After knowing Eunjung for two months, he can clearly see what was the problem that Eunjung was suffering that made her delayed about having Sehun as her new brother, his new ward. He wasn't at least delightful at the thought of Eunjung's mindset, but he couldn't change her anyway. Her character was built to be an insecure one, and plus the fact of tradegy that her parents had brought her to. "Eunjung," Chanyeol said firmly, placing his hand on her shoulder. "Friend. You should try making one. Let's go, and greet him."

Eunjung hesitated for a while before walking behind Chanyeol, her face expression was still stiff from then. She was confused. Was she supposed to be happy, because she would be living with someone that have attracted her at first sight, or was she supposed to be sad that her fun side would leak, and spreaded around the whole school after? After a minute into the thought, Eunjung had decided to trust Sehun. She should believe in her own eyes, her own instincts, that Sehun was a good person that would not spread anything around. She had decided to try and be friends with Sehun, or at least try talking and interacting with him.

Chanyeol knocked twice on the door with his knuckles for permission, before entering Sehun's room. Sehun was halfway through dancing, and the song was a soft and slow one. It wasn't a surprising sight for Eunjung, because basically, she had watched him dance every Saturday morning through her window. Rather, it was like a live performance, up close. After Chanyeol and Eunjung had entered the room, Eunjung hung her head low while Chanyeol was putting his hand over her shoulder, trying to keep her calm and not nervous. Sehun turned off the music from the speaker, removing his cap which revealed his messy locks before paying some attention to them. His eyes wandered from Chanyeol to Eunjung, before sitting on the bed with a sigh. Eunjung was embarrassed and she wasn't too sure if Sehun knew about her, but she felt awkward having such a close relationship with Sehun out of a sudden.

Chanyeol smiled, showing off his white pearls before introducing Eunjung. "Eunjung, Sehun. I suppose that the two of you had known each other in school before," He said, with a fatherly tone to his voice. "I've told you everything you need already, Sehun. Now, will the both of you stop being so quiet and at least acknowledge each other by shaking hands?" There was amusement in Chanyeol's voice, as he has never seen Eunjung being so shy before. In his eyes, Eunjung was a brave and confident girl. Never did he know that there would be a shy self inside her, which was adorable to him. 

Eunjung silently cursed Chanyeol, before raising her hand out. "N-Nice to meet you," Eunjung squeaked softly, looking at Sehun's face with her heart fluttering.

Sehun's face expression remained his infamous pokerface, however accepting Eunjung's handshake. "It's nice knowing that I would be living with you, too." Sehun said, and their hands remained together with each other's, and he didn't mind at all about how Eunjung's palm was getting sweatier from the tension. 

 

▲▼▲▼▲

 

The annoying ringing sound was echoed across the whole room non-stop, and Eunjung was stirring in her sleep. Groaning softly, she stretched her arm out to cancel the alarm but to no avail, missing it. "God," She moaned softly before her eyelids fluttered open, cancelling the alarm. She rubbed her eyes softly, before sitting on her bed cross-legged dazing off for a full minute. Come on, she's just like anyone else who can't wake up immediately. 

"What time is it?" Eunjung asked herself, before gasping at tje time. It was 7am in the morning, and classes start at 7.15am. She wasn't surprise about her being late, however she was worrying about Sehun instead. Would Sehun be still waiting for her or had he left? She questioned herself as she was too timid to open the door to look for herself. She was a girl, afterall. Shortly after, she got out of her bed and prepared her essentials. 

After wearing her uniform, she grabbed her bag and rushed out of her bedroom to only see Sehun still drinking some milk in the living room. She couldn't control her feelings but to only smile widely to herself, hoping that Sehun wouldn't see her foolish grin. "You shouldn't had waited for me," Eunjung said, her face muscles loosen back to her infamous pokerface. Sehun was a punctual person all the time, and he wasn't that bad in his studies as well. 

After gulping a mouthful of milk, Sehun faced himself towards Eunjung's direction before speaking, "If you're afraid of me being late then you should probably start hurrying." Eunjung looked at Sehun blankly. Only after a few seconds of realisation, she nodded, placing a slice of bread in between her

Please log in to read the full chapter