During.

How Can I Refuse My Heart?

It has been three months since the radio guesting and everything went fine for Ken. He has been really close with N now, which somehow amuses him. The shift on uneasiness of his feelings to comfortabiilty of just hiding it away made a difference with his relationship with Hakyeon.

 

It was now their third single, and he knew that they've gain popularity and their music has reached many people now. This seemed surreal but it happened and he can't be any happier than now.

 

On one of their promotion stage on Show Champion, the staff asked them to play a game. It sounded fun for all of them, especially because they rarely do such things. But when the name of the game was announced, almost all of them felt embarrassed.

 

Ken can't help not to feel nervous. It was peppero game! It's not like he has not played this before back in high school but he knew the mechanics and the possibilty of a slight accident that can turn to a more embarrassing moment.

 

As he thinks what to do, N pulled his hand and annouced, “Kennie's my partner! Let's all play this!”

 

He doesn't know what to think. What, how, why, he wanted to ask but N was now in front of him, giggling as always. And so he refused to say a word and thought, “come what may”

 

The staff gave them the peppero stick and one by one the members played. As Ken watches the other, he thought that it might be fun and that he doesn't need to worry because N knows nothing about his feelings.

 

It was their turn, N took the stick to his mouth, put his hands to his shoulder and leaned forward to Ken. Ken just laughs all the nervousness away as slowly his smiling leader leaned closer. He took the peppero in his mouth too, doesn't want to move. It is okay to lose, he tells himself. But N leaned closer eating the peppero, and accidentally brushing his lip to Ken's.

 

Ken felt that. He knew it was unintentional but he felt it and he can't hide the gladness of that small accident has given him. In the end, they won the game and N hugged him tight to show his happiness.

 

The members continued to talk about the game even in the dorm. They were endlessly laughing of how embarrassing it was and that it should not be repeated.

 

When...

 

“Hyung, did you kiss Ken-hyung there?” Ravi asked N when they were in the living room.

 

Ken stiffened as he heard that.

 

“They saw that, it was not only me who knows it but also them,” he thought.

 

“No! T'was a strategy. I did not do it on purpose!” N defended and they laughed again.

 

Ken felt relieved after that but he saw N glanced at his direction. The man smiled and looked to him as if saying, “Don't mind them.”

 

That look made Ken's heart skipped a beat. It was unusual. N never made an eye contact to him that way. He just nodded to him and soon after they all went to sleep.

 

“We've never been this close. The way he talks to me and approach me is quite different from the way he treated others. Can it be possible that he knows what I feel and that he likes me too or he was just being nice? How can I restrain myself now? If he continues to be like that, I know I can't control this thing anymore.” Jaehwan told himself as he lay down to sleep.