Before.

How Can I Refuse My Heart?

VIXX has just finished their debut stage at M! Countdown. They still can't believe that everything that they have just dreamed of is coming into reality.

 

After their performance, they went to a restaurant, ate dinner with the manager and the CEO and afterwards went back to their dorm still wearing their smiles.

 

When everyone has readied themselves to sleep, Ken sat on the couch staring dreamily at nothing but a coffee table. And before he knew, the leader sat beside him already.

 

“Ya Kennie, aren't you taking your bath and sleep? We have an early schedule tomorrow.” N asked and put his arms around Ken's shoulder.

 

With that contact, Ken can't help but to feel uneasy. He doesn't know why he felt such but he said, “I was about to, Good night hyung.” And left N on the couch.

 

He knew that what he felt is strange. He has been together with N since he started training but tonight was the first time he felt that. He has been really comfortable with him but that really felt awkward for him.

 

“That's alright Jaehwan-ah. I know you can do better. Show them you can...”

 

He remembers the times when N cheers him when he gets in trouble with his steps or lines. He has really treated his hyung like a best friend and a brother.

 

That night he slept and tried to forget the thoughts.

 

As days and months go on, Ken has perfected they way he talk and act with Hakyeon. He just brushes all those thoughts and strange feelings away.

 

He became the Ken laughing around and not being serious at all. He became affectionate to all s and make them laugh as always as he can. In that way, his attention diverted into something else but N.

 

But that was all pretentions. For when he's alone, he knew that the strange feeling he felt the night after the debut grew into something he cannot control anymore and he doesn't know what to do about it.

 

It was when they are in a radio guesting alone with N when he understood what he's feeling.

 

He has been with N in many radio shows but here, the dj, the questions he asked and the songs he played on breaks we're all the turning points for Ken to realize that the strange thing he feels for his leader has bloomed in what they call 'love'.

 

“You're acting strange, are you okay Kennie?” N asked when they were in the van bounding home.

 

Ken flips his head towards the window and told him that he's fine. “It's just that I'm tired, I guess?”

 

With that, Hakyeon pulled Ken closer and put its head to his shoulder. “You can sleep here Jaehwan-ah. I understand that you're tired.” The older said when he was about to protest but just let it off.

 

Ken sighed and closed his eyes. His head on N's shoulder and its hand on his hair, everything just felt so right for Ken.

 

“Is it alright to feel this way for my Hakyeon-hyung? Should I continue or should I just refuse my heart?” He thought as he drifted to sleep in N's arm.