Fair - Weather #3

Fair - Weather

 

Year 1997 

 

It was almost 1 in the afternoon and it was raining when Junhyung ran towards the Lassen Park.  He was running towards to the hut.  He regretted his decision for buying the ice-cream afterschool and stayed there. He sighed knowing that he had to wait until the rain stops. Right after he shake his wet hair and put down his bag onto the bench, he saw a familiar figure sitting in a swing. 
 

" Isn't that.. " He thought to himself.

He narrowed his eyes to get a better view and widened his eyes when he realized who that kid was. Junhyung was about to yell at him but he did nothing instead when he saw there's something wrong with him. Junhyung stood there for minute watching that kid sitting on the swing in the rain. 

Junhyung couldnt wait anymore so he walks in the rain to go to that kid. 

" What's wrong with you? " Junhyung asked him nicely. 
" Nice way of greeting, wet-pants " Sungyeol greeted him. 

Junhyung didnt like it when he was being nice with Sungyeol but Sungyeol just pushed him away. 

" It's raining, you'll sick ", Junhyung said again. 
" Yeah ", Sungyeol stood up, and ran towards the hut where Junhyung went earlier and Junhyung ran after him. 

When they arrived at the hut, Junhyung realized that Sungyeol was acting really weird. When He looked at Sungyeol, he realized that Sungyeol had red eyes. That literally made Junhyung laugh. 

" You actually cried?! ", Junhyung said out loud while laughing. 
" Shut up. ", Sungyeol told him. 

However, Junhyung didnt care and laughed out loud until he feels like stoping. 

" What really happened that made you cried? ", Junhyung asked him.

Sungyeol said nothing but silence. 



FLASHBACK 


Sungyeol opened the door of his house and raised his voice. 
 

" I am baaaaack hooooome ", and thres his bag right after he went in. 

" COME ON! ARE YOU REALLY GOING TO MAKE THAT DECISION?! ", Sungyeol heard his dad voice from the kitchen. 
" YES! THIS IS MY DECISION! ", With his surprise, his mother's voice echoed after his father's. 

Sungyeol quietly made his way to the kitchen and peak into the kitchen through the door. He saw his father putting his hand on his hair ( pulling it ) frustratedly and walk back and forth. While his mother standing there with a very beautiful dress facing his father. 

" I am serious, let's file a divorce. We both know that this is the best choice. ", His mother speaks up softly. 

Sungyeol widened his eyes when he heard the word ' divorce ' . He may be 6 years old, but he knew better. 
His father finally turned back to look at his mother but his eyes stops when he saw Sungyeol by the door. 

 

" Sungyeol... ", His father called him. 

By that statement, it made his mother to turned around as well. She was shocked to see Sungyeol standing by the door. She made her way towards him and bend down to the same level as him. 

" Oh, Sungyeol honey. ", She put her palm onto Sungyeol's cheek but Sungyeol pushed it away harshly. 
" What divorce, mom? ", Sungyeol looked at her in the eyes with his cold stare. 

His mother said nothing but looked back to his father. Sungyeol who couldnt take this anymore, turned his back towards his mother and started running out from the house. Running in the rain towards the Lassen Park.